October 30, 2014 | 1128 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by NigheanRuadh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was really excited to try this since the regular Colorburst is a great product. And I had high expectations based on that. Maybe I am just used to using lipstick and not glosses or tints, but I just do not get the love for this. I've tried several colors, using lip liners, primers etc. The color on all 6 that I have tried fades within an hour. And reapplying doesn't seem to help that. The colors are lovely, and the texture is nice, but they just do not last on me. :( I do love the packaging, the quilted cap is back, and I love the jelly look to it. If they make the tints last longer, I'll go back to them, but in the mean time, it's cream lipsticks for this gal.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by ClassyMinx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In recent years I've become a lipstick junkie and when the Revlon Lipbutters hit the shelves I couldn't help myself and bought one in every colour (not all at once of course!). For the most part I love them. I don't think they're the holy grail of lip products though and while I bought in to the hype, I think Revlon could really make some improvements. I find that the consistency and formula differs between lip butters for different colours. Some are thin and transparent looking whilst other colours are really opaque and pigmented. Whilst most are moist and feel nice on the lip, a few feel kind of sticky, and others feel dry on the lip. At $21.95AUD each, I find these pretty pricey considering how little you get in the tube and the inconsistencies between each one. I don't find any to be particularly moisturising but I usually wear a lip balm underneath. On the flip side I love the packaging (even if it is kinda cheap looking). I love the wide selection of colours, and I love the window in the top (even though I store all my lipsticks upside down so I can read the labels). I like the smell of all the lip butters and the application is mostly good. My favourite lipbutters are: creme brulee, pink truffle, macaroon (I bought when I was in Singapore-haven't seen it in Aus), berry smoothie and strawberry shortcake. I will definitely be buying back ups of my favourite colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by klasia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love the way this moisturizes my lips! i love the coverage this gives, too! it gives me the perfect shine. lip balm, lip stick and lip color all in one: ) i have mine in red velvet but i'm really tempted to get all the other colors. i hope this line stays forever...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I would highly recommend the darker shades of these - they are very pigmented and moisturising and I find they last a long time for what they are. When they do fade, I find they leave a subtle stain which is handy since it means you don't need to reapply like crazy.
The lighter shades though are very sheer from what I could tell and not worth the money. They are basically a slightly tinted lip balm that is not as moisturising as a lip balm...
I've got these in Pink Truffle and Raspberry Pie and I'm very happy with both, but Pink Truffle would have to be my favourite and I've already repurchased it :) Great day to day colour in my opinion!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by audaxinlucem

Highly recommend it--the color payoff is great. I hate lipsticks and gloss for everyday wear--this is a great in-between kind of product. I got 025-Peach Parfait which I thought would be a good nude color but it actually has some shimmer in it which was surprising. It even leaves a minty feel afterward! I had to search high and low for this color and noticed how quickly this product goes off the shelf!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by DonaL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Am adding my praise to the Lip Butter line. Am already on my second tube of Berry Smoothie - a great all-purpose color, and also have Sugar Plum and Peach Parfait. I normally look awful in anything with even a hint of orange, so the Peach is my HG of this type. These are soft and need to be reapplied often, as other MUers have noted, so try to pick these up on sale or w/a coupon.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's a really nice "opaque" lip balm, honestly I don't really get the hype around this product because I've had sooooo many products just like it but I guess people are obsessed with it for the price, because all of the ones I've had are expensive....... However I absolutely love the glossiness of this product I tend to hate gloss because it's messy but this is sooo nice or that purpose because it's not sticky!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Carmen

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly surprised that I liked these more than I thought I would. I have Peach Parfait and like it as a sheer and casual lip color.
I personally prefer more color payoof, but for the price, I do like it.
The wear is short, but I expected that.
Plus, I like reapplying lip products, since I rarely use stuff up anyway!

I rarely if ever use DS lip products except for lip pencils. I might try a couple of other shades...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Dianakozak123

Favorite drugstore lip product of all time

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ShikaSmiles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I just picked up the Strawberry Shortcake lip butter and it looks great on me. It's a nice pink on my practically white skin.
I however did not like the price. $8.99 Canadian :( I could have bought something else, but since i like the product, it's not so bad.
It's very creamy so I'll have to be careful and not let it melt.
The packaging is also very cheap, but it is kind of cute.