December 19, 2014 | 1486 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Cristy1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmmmm. I like this foundation. I do. But is it worth spending the money on again? I truly believe that foundations purchased at the department store are way better than drugstore brands. And the higher end, the better, usually. That's based on my many years of experience trying different foundations. But that's just me. Would I repurchase this product again? No. And the reason is, is there is something way better out there, I just know it. This foundation is nice, it provides medium coverage at best, it stays on pretty well, and it contains spf. The texture is thin and a tad watery, but it spreads evenly and looks rather natural on my skin. I don't care for the smell, though. And I have found upon looking at pictures of myself taken when I'm wearing this foundation that I look pasty and have that whitish cast, probably due to the spf. It comes in a plastic squeeze bottle, which is okay, but I do prefer a pump for foundations. Not bad, but not superior, either. I suggest if you're looking for a good high end foundation, shop around before buying this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Jsconnelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this foundation ! I purchased it in January this year and still have a lot of it left ! A little goes along way with this product and it is very blendable. I used it a lot through out spring time when it was getting a little too warm to wear a full coverage foundation. As I have oily skin I was worried about this foundation making me break out as I had read reviews online prior to purchasing it and found a lot of girls had discovered this foundation had caused breakouts. This was not the case with me and I found it didn't break me out. I love how small and compact the packaging is, it's great for travelling and I love that the packaging is plastic and not glas.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by scb8551

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I normally use Lancome Teint Miracle (which I LOVE & would recommend to anyone), but I decided to play around with some foundations. Chanel's Vita Lumiere Aqua foundation is great. It leaves a natural finish; however, it took me a while to figure out how to accomplish this "natural finish." I originally applied the foundation with a brush, but I have learned over time that it's best when applied with your hands. The only downsides to this foundation are that it's expensive and the packaging is also somewhat annoying. Anyway- overall, I'd repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2012 5:27:00 AM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really really love the finish when using this. It's light in coverage but gives me the healthy skin look. It's not sticky. My skin feel fresh when using this. However it does not last. Doesn't matter if you set it with powder or not. Last 4 hours max on my combination skin. I will repurchase just because I enjoy the glowy finish.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by keiragill

Initially I wrote a really good review about this but.. after using it often, I have come to a decision that I will not repurchase this again. I know it shows up great on the face, its semi dewy and luminous. Just beautiful on the skin.

After using it for some time, I started getting a bit more pimples than usual. I blamed it on everything else rather than this foundation (e.g. the weather, my facial wash,etc). It got a bit bad and thought it could be the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua afterall. I took a weeks break from the foundation and my skin pretty much cleared up.

I went back to this foundation and after a day of use, I got 3 spots on my cheeks now! I tried so hard to love this foundation but it leaves me spots :( In search of a new foundation now :'(

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Sparkled

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I see a reoccurring theme here: This foundation gives you blemishes in places you don't normally break out, and cystic acne in people who normally don't have that issue! After sifting through the reviews, this issue seems to occur in girls with various skin types, but mainly combination and dry. I know that VA is supposed to be for girls with oily skin, and that may or may not be the reason why so many of us are experiencing breakouts when we shouldn't!

For the record, I have very dry skin. I went to the Chanel counter requesting a luminous, dewy, hydrating foundation. I was a bit skeptical when the very kind SA recommended I try Vitalumiere Aqua. I'd read on the Makeup Board before that VA is usually not the best choice for dry-skinned girls. But the SA matched some of VA in BR10 to a spot on my jawline, and I liked how it felt. She generously gave me a few sample packets of the foundation and told me I could try it out at home after I explained how sensitive my skin is.

On a Sunday morning before church, I tried out half of one packet. I would call BR10 a 98% match to my NW15 skin (I wear Ivory in Diorskin Forever). It's ever so slightly pinker than my already cool, pink-toned skin, but I actually liked that! I'm so pale that this shade gave me a little bit of natural-looking color and freshness. "This would be great for the dead of winter when my skin is very dull and even paler," I thought, while applying VA with my fingertips all over my freshly cleansed and moisturized race. I instantly ADORED the finish and feel. The foundation felt thin and delicate, and then it set to a lovely finish. It left me looking luminous and refreshed, and I was absolutely pleased with what I saw in the mirror. I also received several compliments about how pretty I looked that day. I knew that VA must be a keeper.

Unfortunately, by late afternoon I had a small, painful red zit protruding from my chin. I rarely ever break out, so I was worried at first. However, I had been quite hormonal, and I was so enamored with VA, that I didn't immediately rule out that it was the foundation breaking me out. I washed it off and tried to treat the zit as best as I could. I did notice after removing the foundation that my skin felt a tiny bit dry and the formula had gathered into little flecks around my jawline - not good.

The next day I tried VA again, using a fresh sample. I felt some unusual pain in a weird spot on my nose; I could tell there was some sort of a blemish beneath the skin where my right nostril connected to the rest of my face, if that makes any sense at all! By the day's end, the spot felt VERY painful, and I knew it was cystic acne, something I'd never experienced before. I also noticed a few more painful spots like this on other areas of my skin, and another red dot or two. Horrible! Luckily, I treated my skin quickly and kept it make-up free for a few days to counteract the damage VA had done. It took me about a week to get my face back to normal though.

Overall, I am pretty heartbroken about this foundation, for multiple reasons: The finish is stunning, and I can't seem to find anything similar in a foundation that agrees with dry skin! Also, I am a huge Chanel addict. I swear by their eye makeup, lipstick, and perfumes; I had so hoped to add one of their foundations to my makeup arsenal as well. Now I'm a little wary of trying any of their face makeup again, at least not for a long time. I believe if you have oily skin, you should still get samples of this, as VA tends to give people breakouts whether they are normally prone to them or not. As for me, I'm waiting for YSL's new Touche Eclat foundation to be released before even considering a different Chanel foundation. If I do, it may be the original Vitalumiere, provided I can find an adequate color match. But I'll never try VA again, not after this terrible experience.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by LawLaw88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good summer foundation it's light and won't clog pores. I only use it during the day or if I'm going to an outdoor party at night because the coverage is very light. I have hyperpigmentation and by 5/6 hours of wear that comes through. I find a wet sponge or my fingers to be the best way to apply this. Hands down the best night time foundation for me is Chanel Perfection lumiere.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by BoisdeRose

I have high expectation with this product and I end up so disappointed. I was looking a replacement for my Dior Nude and I decided to give it a try after so may hype about its "natural looking coverage". First, I must shake it like a crazy or it doesn't come out in right consistency. Second, it doesn't give any coverage and after 1-2 hours, my face look cakey and awful. I've tried to blot it with Chanel Poudre Libre and it didn't help at all. I will not expect such a problem with a high end brand like chanel. Definitely will back to Dior Nude for natural look foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Katie486

I really wanted to like this foundation it seemed to tick all the boxes for me as someone with dry skin- water based, hydrating etc but the I found it didn't give the coverage I was looking for. It was very light on my skin, barely covered redness in my cheeks and I felt like I needed to use ALOT of product. Staying powder was dismal about 2 hours and it started to separate on my face and look powdery on my pores. I have dry skin and this moved all over my face like was super oily or something! Very odd! I used powder to set and a mac fix + and still had this issue. The other issue I found with this foundation is the colour it seemed to match when the SA tried it on me but when I got home and tried it I could see it was obviously too yellow on my skin. This seems to be a pretty common problem with Chanel foundations!! I paid $77 AUD for this and I am so dissapointed that I've wasted money on a foundation that acts like a watery tinted moisturiser thats gone past it's expiry! If this hasn't worked for you I can recommend Lancome Teint Miracle ....much better foundation in the light weight genre.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by KCrawford714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Update: Wonderful foundation, but I just returned it because it wasn't helping with my breakout. I felt it was just adding more blemishes. And I just can't have that lol.

This is a wonderful, light weight summer foundation. It is like a second skin. It doesn't leave your skin all sticky! It's like a thicker version of a tinted moisturizer.
I was matched to 40 Beige for the summer. It does not oxidize of my face which is wonderful! It has just the right amount of coverage for summer and doesn't leave the face feeling trapped and cakey.
It wipes out any lighter freckles, and tones down the darker ones so they are tolerable. :) This and some nice bronzer is KEY in summer, it has this glowy vibe, and it is a wonderful foundation for this time of the year. But remember with this foundation you have to SHAKEEE IT LIKE A SALT SHAKER. No but seriously. Otherwise, it isn't going to be the right consistency.
Lovely, lovely, lovely... Highly recommend! :) continued >>