July 22, 2014 | 1501 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by MaeghanMakeupp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really hate giving this a low score because I wanted to like it so much after I heard a couple beauty gurus on YT saying it was one of their favorite drugstore mascaras. And who doesn't want to believe that a cheap mascara like this can magically make their lashes longer?

I used it the first day I got it and noticed the formula was pretty dry. I like mascaras that are more on the dry side so this was a plus. The brush is large. It's a bristle brush, not rubber. I havent used a mascara brush that wasn't rubber in a while, but when I pulled the wand out of the tube it seemed to sift off any clumps and looked very clean and promising. I guess some people wouldn't like the brush since it is so large and may be a little difficult for some people to maneuver but it didn't bother me. When I used this mascara the first few times it did a decent job of volumizing and lengthening, so I was pretty impressed. However, about 3 weeks later I pulled this mascara out to use again and it was very dry. It seemed like the formula and brush were unable to grab all of my lashes, even the thick, middle ones. Because of that it sparsely coated my lashes and just made them look puny and weak. I can't tell you if this actually makes your lashes grow or improves the health of them because I didn't use it long enough.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed, I expected it to perform much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by nattar

this mascara performed so so. wasn't amazing at giving my lashes length or volume without doing many coats. i find it to be such a dry formula that it is hard to build volume on the lashes without it getting spidery, and my tube dried out so fast.
however it did improve the health of my lashes. when i removed my makeup at the end of the day, i noticed that after about a week of using this mascara, less lashes would fall out. after about 3 weeks they really did look longer and thicker.
if you prefer a more natural look and do want to improve the overall look of your lashes, this mascara is great for that. revlon also doesn't test of animals which is a plus, as i'm always looking for cosmetics that are cruelty free.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Mommy818

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this for $3 at Big Lot's only because I knew it was fresh and had just come out. I have been using this for a few weeks and really don't like it. The brush is HUGE like Diorshow which is the ONLY plus, the formula however is awful. It is wet, smudgy, clumpy and flaky. It takes a while to dry and you can not really build it up without looking like twiggy. Also reading the ingredient list I really see no "growth" ingredients, just a few vitamins and a moisturizing formula. Just put cuticle oil on your lashes at night and they will grow trust me. Then you can use a mascara that actually works. This one ended up in the trash.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by smoothtalkin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Um . . . my eyelashes didn't grow. Just like any other mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall, I really liked this mascara. The one thing keeping it from being a HG for me is the fact that it is incredibly difficult to wash off the non-waterproof formula. I wore it for about 3 months, and I never noticed any growth in my lashes, but they did seem healthy. Grow Luscious offered a nice amount of volume and length and didn't get clumpy or flakey. I would repurchase, but I would also have to get a much stronger eye makeup remover.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by lovesyou

For some reason evertime i wear mascara and at the end of the day when i'm taking it off ALOT of my eyelashes falls out which kinda scare me i have tried alot of mascara and they all do this except revlon grow luscious mascara it does actually make them GROW but it looks like i put on very little mascara on when i actually put on several coats. my eyelashes are naturally black and i bought the color in the blackest black that they have and it kinda get flaky.but it easy to remove.i bought it at walmart for $9 which is higher than most mascara i've seen. it in a green tube with the words grow Lusicious in sliver letters on it nothing specail.The brush Is HUGE!!!!!which makes it kinda hard to put on.Overall i think this is a good mascara because it does what it says which is make your eyelashes grow.I will be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by jbsjunkie

I love this mascara! It reminds me of DiorShow which I used for a long time but decided to try something cheaper as I'm on a budget these days. I think people have to manage their expectations...this is not Latisse and the results aren't going to be that dramatic but for me, I used it for about 3 weeks straight and I found that my lashes weren't falling out as much which resulted in longer lashes!!! Even without the growing aspect, it is still a good mascara and at the fraction of the cost of Dior! Love it! & I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Silver9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Worst mascara ! In 1 word, FLAKY !

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by risa_ris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I waited a while to review this and now I am 100% sure that it's the worst mascara I have purchased in a few years.
To start, the price is way too high for the product you receive. I paid 14.99 CDN for this at Shoppers Drug Mart.
The brush is HUGE. Way too big to cleanly apply any product. Every time I used it, I would get smudges somewhere on the inner corner of my eyes or eyelids.
I should state before I continue that I have nice lashes to begin with. They have a natural "curl" to them and are dark and a decent length. Using this made them stick straight and they just looked OK while many other mascaras have made them look amazing!
But most of all, out of all the negative aspects of this product, the worst part is the smudging! I have NEVER experienced smudging like this with anything else before. I do not have oily skin or oily eyelids and yet I almost always had raccoon eyes by mid-day when I wore this.
Overall, I am very disappointed and would definitely not recommend this to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Mila422

I was tempted to try this because it was recommended by one of the blogs I read. I thought the make up forever smokey lash mascara I was using was drying out my lashes (even though it it makes them huge). This mascara was supposed to be conditioning, and I found that after taking it off my lashes did look fuller. However, after waking up to black smudges under my eyes every morning I realized it was because it wasn't being fully removed. I normally take off eye make up with eye make up remover, and clearly that didn't work so I turned to olive oil. The same thing happened, and a few days later I actually noticed that for the first time in my life I had a few lashes fall out. Also, the mascara smudges super easily during the day on to my eye lids which is super annoying.