November 28, 2014 | 1093 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by littlepinkpony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

D: I bought this mascara thinking "Oh boy! My lashes are gonna look FABULOUS!"
Well..I was wrong. :( It makes my lashes fall out, it clumps, and even randomly smudges everywhere. And it didn't even make it look like I was wearing mascara, it just colored my lashes.
And all of that for $8.00! On my budget? I don't think so. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Somesuchthing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am apparently in the minority, but I love this mascara. Does it make my lashes longer? Yes, but only until I wash it off. Does it dry fast? Sure, but it dries soft and does not seem to clump upon double or triple coating.

I find it gives a soft, natural long lash look. I like to apply it to the outer half of my lashes only; it really opens up the eye. I do find that blotting the wand on a tissue helps immensely, as quite a bit of product comes out with it.

Ive had no issues with flaking or clumping. I wonder if the formula differs regionally, or if some were improperly stored?

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by pinkunicorn15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This pretty much sucks. And it dries out super quick. I was really disapointed, especially since it was like 8.00.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Pernii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

One of the best cheap-mascaras

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by iSayOhSoChic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sadly, I honestly thought this product would be worth the $30 I spent on it. But to my horror it was, to be blatantly thorough, a piece of crap. The product promised to lengthen, (hence, "grow luscious") and strengthen my lashes as it had been tested and over 90% of people had a noticible difference in the state of their eyelashes then with a normal standard mascara. The advertisement decieved me (as per usual) as I rushed to the mall to buy this fabulous looking product. I found the mascara to go on smooth with the first application but for the second, I found it to be caky, flaky and a pain in the ass to get off as using make up remover on a cloth didn't do my eyes or eyelashes any favors. I probably lost more lashes with trying to remove the mascara than it actually promising to grow them. It didn't really curl them, just mad them look clumpy. By the second week it had already dried out completely. The packaging was the only good thing about it really. Since when are mascaras emerald green???!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2011 2:04:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay so my mother had bought this mascara and when I saw her applying it on one day I couldn't believe just how amazing it made her lashes look. Her lashes are small and she doesn't have a whole lot due to all that eyelash curling she does daily but when she put this stuff on it's like it gave her a new set of pair of eyelashes that looked full, voluminous, spread out and very well coated. So I desperately wanted to have it.
She ended up giving me hers and buying herself a new one cause she knew I wanted one but couldn't be too positive that I would like it so just gave me the used one.

I tried on my eyelashes and oddly enough it was horrible on my lashes! I couldn't understand why it looked so good on hers and horrid on mine! I never knew that mascara can look different on different eyelashes, I figured they're just eyelashes and all the same. That if a mascara works good on yours or hers it will work good on mine, but that's not the case. So I was really dissapointed that mine didn't come out great with this mascara cause I thought it would.

It made my eyelashes way too clumpy looking. Won't be a reg buyer of this stuff, sadly enuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by MaeghanMakeupp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really hate giving this a low score because I wanted to like it so much after I heard a couple beauty gurus on YT saying it was one of their favorite drugstore mascaras. And who doesn't want to believe that a cheap mascara like this can magically make their lashes longer?

I used it the first day I got it and noticed the formula was pretty dry. I like mascaras that are more on the dry side so this was a plus. The brush is large. It's a bristle brush, not rubber. I havent used a mascara brush that wasn't rubber in a while, but when I pulled the wand out of the tube it seemed to sift off any clumps and looked very clean and promising. I guess some people wouldn't like the brush since it is so large and may be a little difficult for some people to maneuver but it didn't bother me. When I used this mascara the first few times it did a decent job of volumizing and lengthening, so I was pretty impressed. However, about 3 weeks later I pulled this mascara out to use again and it was very dry. It seemed like the formula and brush were unable to grab all of my lashes, even the thick, middle ones. Because of that it sparsely coated my lashes and just made them look puny and weak. I can't tell you if this actually makes your lashes grow or improves the health of them because I didn't use it long enough.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed, I expected it to perform much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by nattar

this mascara performed so so. wasn't amazing at giving my lashes length or volume without doing many coats. i find it to be such a dry formula that it is hard to build volume on the lashes without it getting spidery, and my tube dried out so fast.
however it did improve the health of my lashes. when i removed my makeup at the end of the day, i noticed that after about a week of using this mascara, less lashes would fall out. after about 3 weeks they really did look longer and thicker.
if you prefer a more natural look and do want to improve the overall look of your lashes, this mascara is great for that. revlon also doesn't test of animals which is a plus, as i'm always looking for cosmetics that are cruelty free.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Mommy818

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this for $3 at Big Lot's only because I knew it was fresh and had just come out. I have been using this for a few weeks and really don't like it. The brush is HUGE like Diorshow which is the ONLY plus, the formula however is awful. It is wet, smudgy, clumpy and flaky. It takes a while to dry and you can not really build it up without looking like twiggy. Also reading the ingredient list I really see no "growth" ingredients, just a few vitamins and a moisturizing formula. Just put cuticle oil on your lashes at night and they will grow trust me. Then you can use a mascara that actually works. This one ended up in the trash.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by smoothtalkin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Um . . . my eyelashes didn't grow. Just like any other mascara.