April 20, 2014 | 1618 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by tokiboom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Based on the good reviews from some youtube gurus and MUA, I decided to get this mascara in the waterproof formula. I was using the Lancome Hypnose mascara (regular, not waterproof) and alternating with voluminous. I was so positive this was going to be my fav mascara but it is the WORST! I haven't had problems with mascaras flaking on me before but by the end of the day, I had so many flakes under my eyes. I am truly disappointed and wish I saved my money.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by rachelle19

TYPE-Waterproof n I think its Black Or Blackest Black
REASON 4 PURCHASE- my lashes r thin n tend to fall out so i thought this would help make them stronger.
PACKAGE-like the bottle. but hate the wand its way bigger then the lash blast by covergirl.(i think) but love the bristles on the wand.
PRICE-expensive for a drugstore mascara that isn't all that
APPLICATION-love that it did not irritate my eye. When I curled my lashes with the curler then applied the mascara my lashes went straight, n the product isnt thick, so then i had to recurl after it dried..uh not good. especially when im in a hurry. after i recurled i saw little flakes which didn't bug much i just brushed it off.
THROUGHOUT DA DAY-when i wear this mascara i have to check my eye makeup much more then w/any other drugstore mascara that i have worn. it SMEARS i see lotsa FLAKES...& its WATERPROOF!!
REMOVAL-it washes off very easily w/my neutrogena face wash.
BUY AGAIN???-nope..because i have tried other mascaras that r cheaper n r 3x better then this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by natashaabby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

really good mascara! i lovveee the wand, because it gives volume, but the formula also adds length. its not clumpy, and it lasts really long (never flakes!) but at the same time its easy to wash off. as for the growing powers, i think it worked for the first little while. my dad noticed my lashes, and he never notices anything like that! but i found it stopped working over time, but still a good product!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Mztravolta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this Mascara so much that I'm writing my very first review for MakeupAlley on it!! Let me say that I have used L'oreal Voluminous religiously for about 10 years except for the few times that I have tried something else and been unhappy with the results.
I bought the Grow Luscious in blackest black only because it came with a free black shimmer eye shadow that I wanted to try. Let me say that I am so happy I gave it a go!
It Glides on smooth and layers even smoother, with no flaking or caking. I can build my lashes up or just go with one coat to keep it simple. It lasts ALL day and a couple times I went to bed without removing (big no no I know!) and to my surprise when I woke up my lashes actually looked great LOL I give this mascara a near perfect score!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by ILiketoQuack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Quickly becoming my new favorite cheap mascara, pushing The Collosal out of my #1 spot. I absoluley love what fat brushes do for my ultra long lashes, and the blackest black is soooooo super black. This mascara gives me a doe-eyed look that i just cant achieve with other products. I think I'm in love! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by SandraDCV

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a little confused why some people are under the impression that this mascara is supposed to speed up the growing process of your lashes. It makes no such claim. It says 96% saw instantly lusher lashes. That means the mascara "grows" your lashes, so to speak. It's not like Latisse or those growth inducing mascaras. People are taking "Grow Luscious" too literally.

Well anyway, I like it, but I don't love it. I think a little too much product comes out on the brush and I have to wipe it off before applying or it's clumpy spider leg city. So I'm wasting some of it. I doubt I will buy it again. My lashes are fairly long and medium dark. I also have somewhat big eyes. So the brush size is fine for me. I can see how it could pose as a problem for smaller eyes and/or short lashes. But different types of mascaras are on the market to suit the needs of different people.

On a side note, I think people should take into account that everyone has different needs when reviewing a product. Don't bring down the rating of a product just because you bought something that was intended for someone with different lashes, skin, hair, etc.
Example: "I found the conditioner to be too moisturizing and weighed my hair down" -- maybe because it is intended for someone that needs that weight and moisture level. Just a thought.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by kaitholly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite mascaras to date! It gives me that fluttery, wide-eyed look that I always look for in a mascara. It has a nice, dark black pigmentation (I have Blackest Black), another quality that I look for. It doesn't flake, run, or smudge. The only drawback it has for me is that ginormous brush. Why is that big? To prove that it is volumizing? I don't get it...it's just unwieldy. Also, I can't speak to it's magical lengthening cabilities...frankly I doubt it will make my lashes grow and I haven't noticed any growth in the last 2 weeks of use. But I overlook that because it's a damn good product. And though I can't give it a perfect 5 out of 5, it is about as close to perfect as I am going to get in a mascara. Though, knowing myself, I will be trying other mascaras in the future. I just can't help myself!

EDIT 3/17/11: A month later, the MA at Laura Mercier commented on how full my lashes look. Never happened to me before!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by jesenia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before buying this mascara I use to use Cover-girl's Lash Blast (orange tube) religiously and I've decided to move-on. I was so skeptical of Revlon's Grow Luscious mascara because i read a handful of good/bad reviews on it. I guess this mascara varies on certain types of lashes/people. I found that after wearing this mascara over a week it has not caused any flaking what-so-ever, it keeps the curl of my eyelashes all day long, starting from 6am, these two things are what i look for in a mascara. Yes, the brush is outrageously huge but you get use to it. Its consistency isn't too watery or thick, its in between. My eyelashes are naturally semi-long/thick so I really didn't buy it for the "grow luscious". However, I have been getting a lot of compliments on my eyelashes this week than usual, so that means something, right? :) So if your willing to take the risk and buy this $8 product, then go for it! I have this in 001 Blackest Black btw.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Julysbaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this product after watching a you tube video. It was kinda hard to find at first, but I did at Target. I really like this mascara. The big brush was a surprise, but I've learned to work with it. It does seem to clump after the second application, but it makes my lashes look really long, so it's a keeper.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by YTHANNAH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I liked the idea of putting something "conditioning" on my lashes... probably healthier for them than regular old mascara, right? Found the brush a little bigger than what I was used to, but I adapted. The first real problem was its tendency to leave rather indelible greasy smears under my eyes when I removed it at night, and that was using a remover for waterproof eye makeup. I did like the mascara, however.... for the first two weeks. At that point, I found that it started drying out or thickening and wasn't performing well at all. By the time the tube was three weeks old, it was no longer usable.... I do like mascara to last a little longer than that!