September 2, 2014 | 1177 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2009 10:39:00 AM More reviews by PyroViolist

This product really, REALLY had me excited. I mean, all the benefits of mineral foundation in a COMPACT. No time consuming swirl, tap, and buff of Bare Minerals and no brown, powdery crap in your purse. So I tried this at ULTA and I was thrilled. I'm Asian, Filipino to be exact, with yellow undertones and severe acne scars and pimples. I have crap skin, which is the reason why I became such a big fan of mineral makeup. I tried this in golden medium with the chisel brush inside ULTA and it looked great. The product covered all of my acne scars and generally evened out my skin tone. Knowing this is too good to be true, I went by the window to get a look of my face under natural light. LOOKED FLAWLESS! It really did, and all in a matter of seconds because of how convenient the application process is. So without hesitation I bought the full size of golden medium and the chisel brush and left ULTA very happy with my purchase. The next day I use this product again and lo and behold the magnificence of which I held PUR minerals has crumbled into little bits and pieces. This product has poor staying power and the color oxidizes to an orange after a period of time. I wondered why on earth they were able to hold mineral makeup together in a compact and my dumb self finally looked at the package and saw that shea butter is what they were using to keep it in place. I was very sad. Despite the way it made my face look like even more crap, I continued to use it because I hate throwing away foundation I pay $25 for. I used it up till it's expiration date and threw it away. I kept the brush though, but that's another story.

The brush is fine, small enough to be precise with application, but I notice a few hairs coming out of it. I still keep it around because I prefer buffing foundation over other methods because it makes for a clean finish. All in all, I won't be buying PUR minerals again. On top of that, the compact looked cheap. Looks like L'oreal's true match powder.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2009 5:07:00 AM More reviews by drea0627

I really wanted to like this product but it gave me blackheads. The packaging is really convenient and much less messy than my loose powder. This was also quicker to apply than my loose. The coverage was pretty light but blended well with my skintone. The brush is crap though. It is very tough and scratchy. I really liked this product, I wish it didn't clog my pores.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by melissap1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried many mineral foundations and this is by far my favorite. It has better coverage, which I need, and isn't dry or shiny. It is pressed, so I find it easier to use. The color "light" matches my NW20 skin tone very well. I use their chisel brush to apply and it does a good job. I wish the brush was bigger though because it covers such a small area it takes a while to apply. I use the Bare Minerals Foundation Primer under this and it makes a big difference. I also use the BE Multi-Tasking Bisque as a concealer for any spots I want to cover. I haven't had good luck with this concealer for under eyes, though. Overall this is a great mineral foundation, the best I've found, and I will keep using it. I find that the Pur Minerals blushes work best with this foundation, rather than other blushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by mtdavisf

WHAT CAN I SAY... ITS THE BEST MINERAL FOUNDATION I HAVE EVER TRY! AND I HAVE TRIED A LOT! ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. .AWESOME COVERAGE AND AT THE SAME TIME LOOKS SOOOOO NATURAL. BETTER THAN- SHEER COVER, BE (MAKE MY PORES LOOK HUGE!), EVERY DAY M, AFTERGLOW, FAERIE ORGANICS...IM SO EXCITED THAT I FINALLY FOUND MY PERFECT FOUNDATION:)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by perfectlyflawed07

Before buying this product I read quite a few reviews - and I mean way too freakin' many. Almost all the reviews said that the product was wonderful and they were right.

It comes in a convenient pressed compact/mirror case and is the greatest consistency. I ordered "Light" because I'm European and am ghastly at the moment, the color is perfection. Most colors are too pink for me (Bare Minerals anyone?) and dirty up my complexion but this is fantastic.

It lasts all day and never feels cakey on your face. My only suggestion would be to use moisturizer before using it because if you're flaky, any powder will highlight the problem.

- A

P.S - The moisturizer is the BEST I've ever used, it's the one with SPF 20. Cleared up my dry patches within 2 days of using the product. MUST HAVE product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by halostatic

This is pretty good as far as mineral foundations go. I love the fact that it is pressed as opposed to loose which really cuts down on the mess that say Bare Minerals might cause. I am very fair and the color I use is light. I think it is a tad to dark for me but I am trying to use up this product so I use it very, very lightly on my face and it works all right. I would buy again in a lighter color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by PaulaBenoit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

In the past I found the medium shade a tad too pink for my complexion so the only time I used to use this was in the summer when I could match their "Tan" shade. So I was thrilled when I saw that they now have a shade called Golden Medium. This is a perfect match for me for when I don't have a tan. I have always loved the fact that this is a pressed powder so there is less waste and it's nice and portable. I also find my skin improves when I wear this foundation, it does not break me out like BE. It's quick and easy to apply, I like to apply it first with the chisel brush all over and then I use their utility brush to "conceal" any blemishes or dark circles. This way you avoid it looking too heavy if you need the extra coverage. I've tried other mineral makeups and always end up coming back to Pur Minerals. A definite must try.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by glossy78

I am on my second compact of this. It is not my ultimate favorite for every day wear, but is the best compact for the purse. Loose powder is so messy and impossible for a portable product. I choose this powder for touch ups and it does well even under the eyes after a long day. (word of advice, the brush that you are supposed to use with it hurt my face, so skip it and use something else)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by iammclovinxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this stuff so much! It works well for school and sports. It looks very nice withe marble powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by ecoy143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like how this product is light and evens out my skintone. It didn't really work as a concealer though. I have a blemish that it didn't cover, just took the redness away. So I would consider it a 3 in 1 because I still need concealer. But other than that I like it and would buy it again.