October 23, 2014 | 1715 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2010 9:17:00 AM More reviews by CHARLIEYBBZ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Packaging:
This foundation comes in a glass bottles with a plastic lid. The plastic bottle is clear so you can see how much product is left in there. However, the plastic pump can get extremely dirty if you're not careful, but then again I could have just wiped it with a make-up wipe, but the label at the back starts to rub off within a week.

Pirce:
For a drug store product the price is reasonably cheap, £8.99.

Does it do what it says?
The product states that the Micro-Flex formula provides 24-hour wear and No Transfer, withstands heat, sweat and humidity, that its oil-free, dermatologist tested, fragrance-free and that its suitable for all skin types. NO NO NO, all wrong. After wearing it for an hour or so it became streaky, flaky and dry. It doesn't withstand humidity or heat at all :/ but the plus side is that it has an SPF of 19.

Overall:
Overall I wouldn't recommend this product, the colour shades are mixed up. I got an Ivory which was perfect when I first tried it on, a few hours later I was pale as a ghost. This product isn't smooth either, and it feels very dry and cakey when you are weaing it. The only good things about this product are: it has a high SPF. But the coverage isn't good at all. I'm very dissapointed.

Oh and I forgot to mention you can't use the whole bottle up, the pump will stop working and none of the product will come out, and its impossible to get the lid off >.<

Thank-you.
Happy reviewing! ♥

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by tamerella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It gives a medium to full coverage finish. The only thing that I would change is the packaging and better color selection. Skin does look oily after a few hours, but I just keep my oil blotters on hand
Update: It makes my face have an ORANGE tint..oopma looma, weird right!? When I looked back at some photos from when I was wearing this foundation, it gave my face this red/pinky/orange tint and I have yellow undertones in my skin so that is a bummer. My shade was true beige for winter and for summer honey beige( super orangey BEWARE!). Also there is no white cast when you take photos, just a pinky/orangey tint to the face for me. If your shade match is on, then this is a great foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2010 9:27:00 AM More reviews by chilingli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I hated this foundation, after I put it on my face. It works well..but few hours later it started to cake like a lot and feels dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2010 3:35:00 AM More reviews by tanisha21

This product is really good, i would buy this again. Except i have to use a good moisturizer before applying this, because i have pretty dry skin. Apart from that it's a really good foundation, and i probably prefer this over the photo ready revlon foundation. It does last up to 24 hours and it's relativley cheap. The major down side of this product would be the packaging. It doesn't have a pump which makes it hard to get the product out. Overall it's really good :) ;

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by russindisco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

when i first applied this, i was like wooow, my skin looks SO nice! about 10 minutes later, it went ORANGE! hey carrot! -.- im pale, and I have normal/dry skin and this foundation caked like crazzzyyy and it did settle in to fine lines. no thnx!:(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Rozco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on the fence with this product. Ill start with the positives. It blends easily. Ive never had a foundation that blended so well into my skin, nor have I had such a great color match. I dont have to blend it into my neck. It also has great coverage. I have acne scarring(red marks) and this foundation conceals them. I dont have to use concealer. I just set it my NARS loose powder and my skin glows and it doesnt look like i caked on a lot of makeup.

Despite all these great positives, there is a HUGE negative. Let me say that this DOES NOT last very long on my skin without me looking extremely oily. I dont know if its my skins fault(as I have very oily skin) or if its the product, buts it's such a huge bummer. I constantly have to blot my face throughout the day so I dont look extremely oily. This definitely could have been my HG foundation if it weren't for this unfortunate negative.

Overall I would still recommend this product and prefer it over any other drugstore foundation(even Revlons colorstay).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Cabrinixie

I LOVED this foundation. I used to use the maybelline dream liquid mousse foundation, but it didn't last very long and it made my skin look oily by the end of the day. But this foundation stays on aaalll day and still looks good. It blends really well and gives a nice coverage without being too heavy. It was much lighter than the dream liquid mousse, and it was a perfect match for my skin. Definitely the best foundation I've tried so far!! The only downside is that it doesn't come in a pump bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by bathory313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried the Revlon Colorstay...........and hated it.

This, now this stuff is one of the few liquid foundations I actually like. It blended well, decent coverage, and didn't go all mask-y looking. It didn't irritate my sunburned face (note to self: do not do a glycolic peel then go barefaced in the sun two days later) and didn't sink into my pores the way most liquids do on me. On me, it looks like good skin. I like this product very much and will repurchase.

I bought the natural tan shade and it actually matched my skin, which is a feat in and of itself; I tend to have reactive redness and this toned it down nicely.

Please, no sunscreen lectures, ok?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by oodlesofnoodles

In the UK, this comes with a pump, so for mthe packaging was what caught my eye. Frequently I see foundations without them and, for me, it's key - I just cannot get the pouring right, so I need a pump! It's relativly cheap and I bought it in the colour cameo - slightly too pink, but the other lightest colour was too yellow for my pink-toned skin. Now I've got it, I do want to go back and repurchase the other colour to mix the two as cameo is too tan - but it works fine when blended, I'd just rather I could apply it lazily! xD It gives good coverage and is buildable, however if you're using a traditional foundation brush it will streak and requires buffing to remove the lines. They're fairly unnoticable, but if you're like me (anally retentive xD) you'll notice! Overall I like the product and I would purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2010 8:13:00 AM More reviews by ShadowNuks

I purchased this product looking for a more blendable, forgiving, and natural-looking coverage than Revlon's Colorstay... Boy this foundation did not live up!

First of all, I have extremely dry skin, and while this did not exacerbate any dryness as Colorstay sometimes can, Superstay made my skin oily, shiny, and made my skin break out in cystic acne after less than 1 wk of use. This is rare as I typically have no significant break outs.

Also this is not transfer-proof. Too bad because the finish is actually quite nice.

I'm not sure I would recommend this product to anyone as it has left my face with painful cystic pimples which I never get. Wouldn't wish this on anyone...