Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

This is my new staple foundation! It's more than I like to spend on foundation, but it works pretty well as long as my skin isn't too dry cos it reveals my peeling skin lol. I hate when I get to the bottom of the bottle, though, because it's impossible to get the last bit of it.

on 8/27/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

BRIGHT. FRIGGEN. ORANGE.

i tested out the foundations on my face at walmart, deciding natural beige was closest to my skin color, even though i'm not even that white. so i bought it, $9, a little pricey for me but i had high expectations. when i got home, i tried it on, and the second i stepped into the natural light, it just looked ridiculous. it was BRIGHT ORANGE, didnt blend out well, ugh. what a waste of money. i gave it an extra lippie because maybe it has good staying power, despite the awful color. and the packaging is cute. it was a waste of money overall, i hope the revlon colorstay has better results for me. :/

on 8/27/2010 3:50:00 PM

This foundation is not great, but it's hardly bad.
Good points:
-It applies well, and can be blended very easily.
-It's not a 'mask' type long wear foundation and looks natural, it is light-medium coverage not full coverage.
-It doesn't irritate my skin.. and I never used to be a fan of Maybelline as all their mousse products had silicone oils in that were pretty awful to me. But this is harmless so far (2 weeks in?)
Bad Points:
-I apply before work and it doesn't last 12 hours even with moisturiser, smashbox primer and powder. By the time I'm back from work (airconditioned open store) my nose is shiny and it's only still on my forehead really.
-Is not concealing for under-eye or zits, but that's fine to use other stuff.

EDIT: This is an alright foundation BUT it does not work well with a setting powder, at least for me, when used it cakes up and starts looking patchy. Without powder it doesn't last.

on 8/25/2010 9:17:00 AM

Packaging:
This foundation comes in a glass bottles with a plastic lid. The plastic bottle is clear so you can see how much product is left in there. However, the plastic pump can get extremely dirty if you're not careful, but then again I could have just wiped it with a make-up wipe, but the label at the back starts to rub off within a week.

Pirce:
For a drug store product the price is reasonably cheap, £8.99.

Does it do what it says?
The product states that the Micro-Flex formula provides 24-hour wear and No Transfer, withstands heat, sweat and humidity, that its oil-free, dermatologist tested, fragrance-free and that its suitable for all skin types. NO NO NO, all wrong. After wearing it for an hour or so it became streaky, flaky and dry. It doesn't withstand humidity or heat at all :/ but the plus side is that it has an SPF of 19.

Overall:
Overall I wouldn't recommend this product, the colour shades are mixed up. I got an Ivory which was perfect when I first tried it on, a few hours later I was pale as a ghost. This product isn't smooth either, and it feels very dry and cakey when you are weaing it. The only good things about this product are: it has a high SPF. But the coverage isn't good at all. I'm very dissapointed.

Oh and I forgot to mention you can't use the whole bottle up, the pump will stop working and none of the product will come out, and its impossible to get the lid off >.<

Thank-you.
Happy reviewing! ♥

on 8/21/2010 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It gives a medium to full coverage finish. The only thing that I would change is the packaging and better color selection. Skin does look oily after a few hours, but I just keep my oil blotters on hand
Update: It makes my face have an ORANGE tint..oopma looma, weird right!? When I looked back at some photos from when I was wearing this foundation, it gave my face this red/pinky/orange tint and I have yellow undertones in my skin so that is a bummer. My shade was true beige for winter and for summer honey beige( super orangey BEWARE!). Also there is no white cast when you take photos, just a pinky/orangey tint to the face for me. If your shade match is on, then this is a great foundation.

on 8/21/2010 9:27:00 AM

I hated this foundation, after I put it on my face. It works well..but few hours later it started to cake like a lot and feels dry.

on 8/18/2010 3:35:00 AM

This product is really good, i would buy this again. Except i have to use a good moisturizer before applying this, because i have pretty dry skin. Apart from that it's a really good foundation, and i probably prefer this over the photo ready revlon foundation. It does last up to 24 hours and it's relativley cheap. The major down side of this product would be the packaging. It doesn't have a pump which makes it hard to get the product out. Overall it's really good :) ;

on 8/13/2010 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

when i first applied this, i was like wooow, my skin looks SO nice! about 10 minutes later, it went ORANGE! hey carrot! -.- im pale, and I have normal/dry skin and this foundation caked like crazzzyyy and it did settle in to fine lines. no thnx!:(

on 8/12/2010 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I am on the fence with this product. Ill start with the positives. It blends easily. Ive never had a foundation that blended so well into my skin, nor have I had such a great color match. I dont have to blend it into my neck. It also has great coverage. I have acne scarring(red marks) and this foundation conceals them. I dont have to use concealer. I just set it my NARS loose powder and my skin glows and it doesnt look like i caked on a lot of makeup.

Despite all these great positives, there is a HUGE negative. Let me say that this DOES NOT last very long on my skin without me looking extremely oily. I dont know if its my skins fault(as I have very oily skin) or if its the product, buts it's such a huge bummer. I constantly have to blot my face throughout the day so I dont look extremely oily. This definitely could have been my HG foundation if it weren't for this unfortunate negative.

Overall I would still recommend this product and prefer it over any other drugstore foundation(even Revlons colorstay).

on 8/12/2010 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVED this foundation. I used to use the maybelline dream liquid mousse foundation, but it didn't last very long and it made my skin look oily by the end of the day. But this foundation stays on aaalll day and still looks good. It blends really well and gives a nice coverage without being too heavy. It was much lighter than the dream liquid mousse, and it was a perfect match for my skin. Definitely the best foundation I've tried so far!! The only downside is that it doesn't come in a pump bottle.