October 30, 2014 | 1604 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by morgz8

This is my everyday foundation and replaced my loose mineral foundation obsession. It feels so light on the skin and seems to be a medium coverage foundation, when applied with the 187 brush. It gives my skin a hydrated and dewy appearance without being oily. I am almost done my bottle, and intend to try MAC's Studio Sculpt next, but I will definately re-buy this if Studio Sculpt doesn't work out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 8:05:00 PM More reviews by kassandraamelaniiee

I love how this looks on be when i put it on.. I dont love it after 6 hours. my skin looks sorta.. too dewy afterwards. maybe its because i dont blot with oil blotting sheets or blot powder or whatever, but yeah..><

I've only used this for a few days, so in a sense, it is my first impression. I shall update this later and see what i can do to fix its... lasting power-ness?

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by mochi123

Love the fact that this is a pump foundation for sanitary's sake, but this foundation is HORRIBLE. I bought this foundation thinking it would feel light like a second skin on my face because it was mineral makeup. WRONG! do not be misled! It feels like a mask, and looks like I put on a lot of foundation. Yet I didn't even use a full pump, more like a quarter pump with the 187 brush. After an hour even with my normal primer and loose powder and fix+ spray, you could see the foundation in building up in my pores and I don't even have conspicuous pores! Normally ANY foundation would do a great job with my pores, because they aren't even obvious to the naked eye. BUT with this foundation I looked like I had grains of sand all along my nose and t-zone area! What a dissapointment MAC! Time to reformulate!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by virgo_intacta23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product, but it seems like MAC foundations just aren't for me. I had originally used this product when I had gotten my makeup done at a MAC counter for prom. The foundation lasted throughout the night and I was satisfied, so I wanted to buy it.

I'm an NC45 and I had tried Studio Tech but that turned orange on me and Select Tint faded throughout the day, so I wanted something that would last. The pros to this foundation is that it has good coverage and when it's blended properly, gives a flawless finish to the skin. The only con I have, and it's a big con, is that it breaks me out. After I wear it, I end up with small bumps, mostly on my cheeks and I don't like that. Sadly, I only wear this foundation for special occasions and I'm still searching for a good foundation that doesn't break me out and lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by kooksfan

It takes a lot to make this fdt. 'work' but the end result is really nice.

NC50 is my PERFECT shade. It's so amazing to see, after 2.5 yrs.of wearing fdt., a foundation that blends right in with my skin color because my choices aren't just 'medium', 'deep dark', and 'caramel'

i'm in awe of any makeup co. that carries a shade that matches me to a T.

anyway, when i apply this weird goo w/ my ecotools fdnt. brush it my face ends up looking VERY peculiar. The foundation sits atop my skin and higlights any teeny pimple, scar, or lines on my face. BBUT, when i use my fingers or better yet the 187, it looks so RIGHT.

i would say the finish is 'dewy' but not so dewy to the point where i look like a frying pan half an hour later.
    It gives my face a subtle glow when applied with the right tools under the right conditions.

I need to have at least a nickel size amount of moisturizer on in order for this to blend right.

If i apply too much on ny face will look very glittery and shimmery in pics or in sunlight.

I've been using a sample of this since December. It is now February and i still have over half the jar left. it takes half a pea size to cover my entire face. Seriously.

MAC has the weirdest foundations. Studio Fix is sticky and tacky. Select is chalky and ver liquidy. The mineralize skinfish has a thick/ weird consistency and smells like oatmeal. What gives, MAC? =D
    I want to test out the studio sculpt and see how weird that one is and if it doesn't live up to the hype, i'll buy a bottle of this magic goo.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by elongreach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using Satinfinish for about a year now and couldn't be happier. For as long I have been using MAC I thought I was an NC 45, but I got the confirmation I was looking for today that I'm NC42. I'm probably NC 45 in the summer.

Anyway, I don't really like most foundations because I think it makes me look cakey. I really want something that just evens out my skin slightly and gives me a slight glow. That's what I found with Satinfinish. I am a oily girl and it still works well for me with a powder to set and I blot throughout the day.

I still look for new foundations, but I always end up back where I started.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by azianbeauty

I recently bought this in NW35 and it looks great on me. It stays on all day long, doesnt come offf when I sweat or anything. The only thing I would have to complain about is that it makes my skin feel greasy by the end of the day. Other than that its great and I love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by manukatze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

somehow i am starting to think that mac doesnt have attractive foundations...i tried the hyperreal, the studio fix fluid and now the satinfinish- it gives my skin a non breathing feeling...its like i could feel the foundation "mask" on the surface of my skin, even i paid attention to put on a tiny amount of product...in the last week i had also tried out a sample of cliniques superfit makeup which i prefer much better even if i am not a big fan of clinique. i am still searching the perfect foundation- but since i started with powder mineral foundation it seems i wont go back...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Hollytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all: OILY SKIN STAY AWAY! This blend is emollient and definitely not good for oily skin! As a VERY dry skin type, this is for people like me!

If I had reviewed this when I bought it almost a year ago, I would have hated it; I tried wearing it every day for about a month but something wasn't right and I never liked the look or feel. Now however, I feel differently because I have found my problem: no primer. And, as a result, used more product than was needed (it was always rubbing off on stuff more than most other foundations I had used). Wear a PRIMER for optimal results! No kidding! 1 to 1.5 pumps will cover my entire face (with a primer underneath, light moisturizer may work too) and leave a true satin finish. The coverage is light, which is nice since MAC usually starts with medium and up on liquid foundation. I use a stippling brush, moist sponge, or my fingers. Now that I don't need to use so much, I'm sure it will be lasting me a long time!
    And my favorite thing: the slight, soft illuminating particles in it! I love the glow! The formula also contains vitamins. Now, the only reason I gave it a 4 is because it does cover like you're wearing makeup as opposed to a subtle finish like other mineral makeups. (Keep in mind though that mineral does not necessarily mean natural/organic.) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2009 3:30:00 AM More reviews by intimates

I'm not too crazy about this foundation but I do use it everyday. It makes my skin look healthy and has that nice glow to it. The only downside is that you need to work quickly and blend it fast since it does tend to dry easily. Other than that, it makes my skin look flawless and dewy when mixed with strobe liquid using the 187 brush.