SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

i'm writing this on behalf of my mama, who unlike myself, has amazing amazing skin. she's 50, but her virtually poreless skin is better than mine (got the pimple genes from my dad) and she like myself, was a product junkie. she says nothing beats this treatment essence.

I was given a trial size of the Facial Treatment Essence as part of a magazine promotion. I used it nightly for 30 days and have not noticed a difference in my skin. Admittedly, I am quite young, but I have some breakouts and a very dry forehead, as well as large pores on my nose.

After application, my skin would feel very soft but I did not experience any difference in dryness or pores. I stopped using the Essence for over a week to see if I noticed a difference but have not been able to do so.

Don't waste your money,

on 3/11/2008 8:02:00 AM

Very good product. My complexion improved when I am using it, skin would feel subtle, smooth and soft. I find it's a bit too expensive, and also the smell is not appealing, so I switch brand. Price aside, it is definitley a darling. Also no breakouts.

I have combination skin and would sometimes have occassional breakouts. Will always got clogged pores if product is unsuitable for my skin, but my skin loves this, no clogged pores.

on 3/10/2008 5:31:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Skintype: Oily with dehydrated surface, rarely breaks out, slight pigmentation & sensitive. Review based on products of the brand for my skin type/concerns.

I used a whole bottle of this Treatment Essence (lasted me 8 months or so) & found it wonderful at first. My skin was clearer, glowing & more moist. I went on to buy my 2nd bottle & also added on the following for my skin needs - foaming cleanser, toner, facial clear solution, skin refining cream & whitening source. About 2 weeks after using the whole range, my skin broke out in red bumps & rashes all over the bottom half of my face, esp. at the chin & jaw area. It was also very itchy. A friend in the beauty line saw me & advised me to stop using & recommended me to use Menard's(a Japanese brand) cleanser alone with water & nothing else. I follwed her advice. Within 2 days, the itching subsided, & by the 4th day, the rashes became less red & went down. However, it took almost 6 weeks for my skin to come back to 'normal'.
Not believing SKII could be the cause of this reaction, I re-tried just the Treatment Essence alone after 8 weeks. Unfortunately, I had the same reaction - red bumps, rashes & itch. I gave the whole range away after that. I think the product was too drying & 'strong' for my skin, hence the allergic reactions.
I was also given some masques samples to try - theirs come in individually packaged sachets. Didn't like the feel of it as it came out all wet & 'starchy'. The masques didn't do anything special for my skin.
Compared to other over-the-counter brands like Estee Lauder etc. I find it to be expensive, especially if using on a regular basis.

on 3/9/2008 12:14:00 PM

I can't imagine using this product twice a day. I use it two-three times a week and I love it. For me it works like a gentle exfoliator. I can't imagine using this on acne prone skin.

on 3/2/2008 7:55:00 AM

I have been using this product for 2 years. I agree it does initially clear up your skin, the texture greatly improved, its much more softer and pores are less noticable. I used this with the Advance Treament Cream, and it was a stable routine for me mainly in the morning. I found that using it both day and night, caused me to break out sometimes. But after the 2 years use, I started to notice my skin becoming duller, and I started to become concern that the product is alittle bit too strong for me. As, there are comments that there maybe some side effects of actually thinning out your skin.

I don't know if any of the above is true, but I have decided to change products. I overall agree that it has its intial effects, but there maybe some longterm damage overall. And I wouldn't recommend it to someone as young as myself. It has changed the texture of my skin, but recently notice thinnest around the eye and mouth. And I do think my skin is much more sensitive to other products and sun damage which I previously had no problems with. So, in the end I have been searching for products to relieve these problems. So I decided something more natural to my skin, with sunscreen is preferable. So although it does improve intially the texture of my skin, think about rather it actually good for it.

on 2/7/2008 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This stuff didn't do a whole lot for my face...there was a tiny - TINY - difference in firmness and that "glowy" factor. Maybe there was. It stung a little bit too upon application.
The sales pitch was by far the worst part of this product. I was wandering through Saks and was stopped by a sales woman at the SK2 counter. Sure why not, I thought, and heard her pitch. She started off wrong by talking about how Asians (like her self and me) had problems with freckles (like the ones on my nose, which are fine where they are), whiteness of the skin (I was wearing bronzer), firmness (I'm 23), and translucence. This treatment could improve clarity, fade freckles, whiten the skin, and protect against signs of aging, she claimed. Then I asked what the active ingredient was, and she couldn't tell me. She did give me a sample which was as good as rubbing water on my face, and for the price (80 bucks to start), it should work miracles.
No thanks.

on 2/4/2008 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this product for exactly a month and absolutely love it. My skin is smoother, clearer and I don't break out at all anymore. I highly recommend this product for people w/ acne-prone/oily skin. Downside is that it is expensive. However, I haven't even used 1/4 of the bottle in 1 month, so it'll probably last about 4 months. Just put some in your palms and apply it to your face directly. I use a separate toner before applying this product!

on 1/31/2008 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I have been using this product in conjunction with the cleansing oil, toner, repair C,signs totality and the eye tretatment film for about 5 days. I was also given a sample of the mask and the skin refining treatment.
For the past 3 days, I have used all of the above during the day and the the skin refining treatment at night. On the 4th night I used the mask.

I have found a great improvemnt in the clarity of my skin. Contrary to many here, I love the hatural smell of the Treatment Essence.

I have a couple nasty pimples on the right side of my face that were there prior to using the line and I feel that they are less irritated and are diminishing.

I love this stuff!

I also bought the AirTouch Foundation in #3.( I am usually a NC30). I stopped using this just to check how my skin looks all on its own...and it looks wonderful!

It's worth a try if you are looking for your HG skincare routine!

on 1/26/2008 7:53:00 PM

I am reviewing this product based not solely by itself, but as a group when I bought the facial treatment cleanser, Facial treatment essence, and some moisturiser as well as some masks by SK II.

I used the products for about a month and noticed a definite difference in my skin tone, and overall appearance. I felt like it really worked well.

The facial treatment essence is a watery like liquid that has 'pitera' in it (smells like sake) that is supposed to be good for the skin. It felt refreshing to put on, and made my skin feel a bit softer, but I don't know what I can say about what it does on its own. It felt good to put on, and I like the SK II masks especially. Actually I LOVE the masks, they make my face look and feel wonderful, and they have much of the same ingredients (pitera) as the facial treatment essence.

The only downside to this line of facial care products in my opinion is the high cost. I may have to pick and choose my favorites to buy in the future so I don't go broke!

Overall, I'd say I would purchase again, and would perhaps buy more of their products to try if they weren't so expensive.

Popular Treatments (Face)