January 30, 2015 | 2134 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2008 3:49:00 AM More reviews by heinyliciouz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After applying this product, it deffinitely makes my skin smoother. I use it almost every day. It doesn't do much for pores on my nose though, I still have to cover them with foundation. Pretty good product. Not really necessary, but good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by DeborahTX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of the regular Photo Finish Primer and really liked it. But I was worried about breakouts, so I got the 0.5 oz Light version at Sephora without trying it first.
I don't really like the Light version. It does work well keeping my makeup from sliding off over the course of a day, but I don't think it smoothes out my skin the way the regular primer did. I think I'm going to buy a travel size version of the regular and see if I like that better.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by nevermindanyway

I am so upset about this product. Thankfully I didn't purchase the full size, but even the travel size was $17 at Sephora. Anyway, I had some pretty high hopes for this. I was using MUFE's primer before, and while that was good, I was told that this stuff was better for my skin, especially because of the fact that it's oil-free.
Well, I put it on the morning after I got it and it felt light and made my face feel very soft - that's the only good thing I can really say. After about 6 hours of sitting around in classes at school, my makeup looked the same as it does when I don't use primer.
But that's not the worst thing about this product. After a week of use, I looked in the mirror one morning and counted NINE big, under-the-skin zits. Now, I am a teenager with combination skin and typically I have moderate acne anyway, but this was the absolute worst breakout of my LIFE. It's been a week since I stopped using the primer and my face has finally started to clear up. I don't recommend this to anyone, especially if you're acne-prone. Don't be fooled like I was by the words 'light' and 'oil-free'!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by mysticmaiden2000

This product is soo much better than the original photo finish because it is lighter and feels better on the skin. The original is thicker and feels oilier, this makes my make-up last at least 6 hours if not more and provides an excellent base for make-up.
The bottle is better too, the old bottle left product in the bottom and the pump would stop working, with this every bit gets used up!
The best primer so far that i have tried, just wish it wasnt so expensive in the UK, i usually end up getting it on ebay.

Update: I tried the avon magix primer because it was cheaper, which broke me out badly, products dont normally break me out either! So i went back to this, will not try another product as i think this is brilliant and helps my make up last and look great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by ms_jillian_leigh

I'm surprised the reviews aren't better for this product, as I really like it quite a bit. My skin is rather oily and tends to be acne-prone if I'm not very careful about the products that I use. This primer works better than others I've used (the regular Photo Finish, Mac's Prep and Prime, MUFE's HD primer, and Everyday Minerals Silk Powder) to keep me matte wihout causing breakouts. It works well under my mineral foundation -- no pilling and very little breakthrough oil.

Yes, it's pricey, but a little goes a LONG way. I really do wonder if the people who find this doesn't work are applying too much of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2008 5:44:00 PM More reviews by nell_daisy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Smashbox's repuation for carrying the best primers sucked me in and I shoveled out $40 for a bottle. Even though I got the oil-free version, my skin broke out and it didn't make my BE last any longer. If you have good skin and don't wear mineral make-up, then I think this would be an ok investment.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by vlj1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have always heard how great face primers were but I didn't really believe it! I read reviews on the original smashbox primer and I was too scared to put it on my face because my face breaks out to some products and it wasnt oil free. However, the lady in ulta told me this photo light is the same but it is oil free. Sound perfect for my skin! I decided to use and purchase this because of my acne prone and oily skin. I bought it originally for my wedding and my skin and makeup looked perfect until the end of the night. Well, I've been using it since my wedding and this really makes a difference. My makeup stays on all day and night. My skin looks unbelievable when I use this. It doesnt break me out and my skin has been clearer since using this. Not one break out and I have porcelin like perfect skin. This is the best product and I will continue forever to buy and use this. It makes such a huge difference! Smashbox photo light is definitely a must have product to buy, regardless of price. I absolutely love it!!!

EDIT:
Smashbox is still a good primer for people who are not sensitive to silicones. However, it ended up breaking me out because of the silicones that are in it. I have moved on to Lorac Aquaprime because it is lighter, formulated for sensitive skin, and it has no silicones in it. Lorac is now my favorite primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by longgoodnight04

I used to use the regular photofinish before the light version came out. It worked well but after 4 or 5 hours my skin would get oily :-(
When my regular photofinish ran out I purchased the light version since my skin gets oily throughout the day. I am in love!! it works 1000x better and my skin doesn't get oily at all. At the end of the day my makeup looks freshly applied still.
I also like the feel of it more than the other photofinish.
The new pump is also way better at getting all the product out!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by moncj66

Im not understanding the hype. I bought the travel size, to give this a chance. I notice NO difference...my makeup was MORe oily with this stuff then with nothing as all. I prefer philosophy the present or Mac prep and prime is even better than this trash!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Oneirix

I don't have a great reference for primers since this is my first one, but I'm thoroughly impressed!

My skin can get really oily if I'm not using the right cleanser-moisturizer combination, and it's almost a waste of my time to put makeup on in those conditions because it just slips right off. But this works really nicely, and it feels WONDERFUL!

It got my makeup to stay put in cold and mild weather (but not really too well in hot weather), and it's really an excellent, light consistency. It didn't clog my pores, but I don't traditionally have problems with that.

It lasted a LONG time for me since I used such a small amount; like 8 months. Also the package is fabulous; air-tight, hygienic, easy to use and pretty. The last bits of of it get lost though, unfortunately; the the platform that pushes it up into the pump gets flush against the top of the package and there's a thin layer that you can't get to after that.

All in all, I like it quite a bit, but I'm on the hunt for something that will work in even the most face-meltingly hot days.