July 30, 2014 | 2054 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by moncj66

Im not understanding the hype. I bought the travel size, to give this a chance. I notice NO difference...my makeup was MORe oily with this stuff then with nothing as all. I prefer philosophy the present or Mac prep and prime is even better than this trash!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Oneirix

I don't have a great reference for primers since this is my first one, but I'm thoroughly impressed!

My skin can get really oily if I'm not using the right cleanser-moisturizer combination, and it's almost a waste of my time to put makeup on in those conditions because it just slips right off. But this works really nicely, and it feels WONDERFUL!

It got my makeup to stay put in cold and mild weather (but not really too well in hot weather), and it's really an excellent, light consistency. It didn't clog my pores, but I don't traditionally have problems with that.

It lasted a LONG time for me since I used such a small amount; like 8 months. Also the package is fabulous; air-tight, hygienic, easy to use and pretty. The last bits of of it get lost though, unfortunately; the the platform that pushes it up into the pump gets flush against the top of the package and there's a thin layer that you can't get to after that.

All in all, I like it quite a bit, but I'm on the hunt for something that will work in even the most face-meltingly hot days.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by kahughes

Are you kidding me with this stuff?
I bought the smaller size ($17 for a TINY tube!) from Sephora since the jumbo size was super expensive and I wasn't sure if I was going to like it.
Oh my goodness...I looked in the mirror and two hours after applying the primer and foundation...my t-zone was SO oily! I couldn't believe it! My skin was more oily than if I weren't to even use an oil-control gel or primer (I usually use Clinique Pore Minizier but I wanted to try something different).
By the end of the day, I had a few little pimples around my nose!
PLEASE don't waste your money on this product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 6:29:00 PM More reviews by shanidy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product in a TSV from QVC. I'm glad I was excited about the rest of the kit...because this wasn't a great product for me. I probably would have never picked this up individually, as I think it is a very expensive primer. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and dry cheek patches. I'm also very pale, very sensitive, and very picky :)

This product is a thin-feeling whitish primer that applies clear on the face. This is not as silicone-y feeling as the original photofinish or the Bare Escentual prime time. The application is fine. My foundation applied well over it...and I started the day feeling good about it.

Fast forward to lunch and I was twice as oily as I normally am with my foundation :( I'm not a fan. i tried this product with 2 different moisturizers and three different foundations, and none were successful. On the positive side, I didn't break out..but that's about all the good I can say.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 10:42:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did nothing for me, and it was expensive provided that the product didn't seem to work on me. The package is nice in a bottle, I would not consider re-purchase, in fact I gave it away in a swap already.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by dixiegirl01

I have sensitive/oily skin and I really like this version of the Smashbox primers. It is very silky and sheer and does not cause my skin to break out. It does seem to diffuse any imperfections and help keep my make up looking fresh.

At $38 for a little under an ounce it can be a bit pricey. However, a little does go a long way. This is the best primer I have tried.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this after the regular photo finish destroyed my face and found that, while it didn't break me out, it didn't make me look as flawless as the originaly. I ended up returning the product because it didn't seem to do much. I mean, it didn't hurt me, but it didn't help either.

I've found that the Clinique primer (pore minimizer) seems to do a bit better and is better formulated for oily/acne prone folks.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2008 1:45:00 AM More reviews by cocobutter27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i was impressed with this product at first: the vitamin C seemed to really brighten my complexion and keep my makeup looking fresh throughout the day; although it didn't matify too much, it does make skin look fresh and dewy. but after daily use i noticed it made my skin slightly oiler and found the product just blocked my pores. it almost acts like a sealant on the skin, which i can feel even after using my micellar solution. this product seems to be comedogenic.. and being 60% water, it really isn't worth the 44CAD.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by sactonina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I must say I love this product. I received it in a kit from QVC and am quite pleased. It gives a beautiful matte finish to my skin and yet has a creamy and smooth texture when going on. It also keeps my powder or liquid makeup on quite well during the day. I do find that I have to use quite a bit more, almost like I am applying a light coat of moisturizer, and for this reason, the price for the amount is too high in my opinion, when there are so many competing options on the market----I'm thinking of the new Avon MagiX, for instance--- (hence the four lippies). I probably would not purchase independently from a kit, but I will def. use it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 10:09:00 AM More reviews by kayethompson

This really works for me. My skin is definitely not perfect and smooth because i have breakouts and the red marks they leave behind. When i use this primer it really does smooth out my skin and my foundation application is much easier. One day I actually forgot to put this on before my foundation and I noticed a huge difference. There was even one day where I was doing my makeup and i thought i ran out -- I kind of started to panic haha. It does help makeup stay all day long. It is pricey but I don't want to be disappointed if I try any other primer. I figure I would just come back to this anyway.