September 16, 2014 | 1811 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by vlj1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have always heard how great face primers were but I didn't really believe it! I read reviews on the original smashbox primer and I was too scared to put it on my face because my face breaks out to some products and it wasnt oil free. However, the lady in ulta told me this photo light is the same but it is oil free. Sound perfect for my skin! I decided to use and purchase this because of my acne prone and oily skin. I bought it originally for my wedding and my skin and makeup looked perfect until the end of the night. Well, I've been using it since my wedding and this really makes a difference. My makeup stays on all day and night. My skin looks unbelievable when I use this. It doesnt break me out and my skin has been clearer since using this. Not one break out and I have porcelin like perfect skin. This is the best product and I will continue forever to buy and use this. It makes such a huge difference! Smashbox photo light is definitely a must have product to buy, regardless of price. I absolutely love it!!!

EDIT:
Smashbox is still a good primer for people who are not sensitive to silicones. However, it ended up breaking me out because of the silicones that are in it. I have moved on to Lorac Aquaprime because it is lighter, formulated for sensitive skin, and it has no silicones in it. Lorac is now my favorite primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by longgoodnight04

I used to use the regular photofinish before the light version came out. It worked well but after 4 or 5 hours my skin would get oily :-(
When my regular photofinish ran out I purchased the light version since my skin gets oily throughout the day. I am in love!! it works 1000x better and my skin doesn't get oily at all. At the end of the day my makeup looks freshly applied still.
I also like the feel of it more than the other photofinish.
The new pump is also way better at getting all the product out!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by moncj66

Im not understanding the hype. I bought the travel size, to give this a chance. I notice NO difference...my makeup was MORe oily with this stuff then with nothing as all. I prefer philosophy the present or Mac prep and prime is even better than this trash!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Oneirix

I don't have a great reference for primers since this is my first one, but I'm thoroughly impressed!

My skin can get really oily if I'm not using the right cleanser-moisturizer combination, and it's almost a waste of my time to put makeup on in those conditions because it just slips right off. But this works really nicely, and it feels WONDERFUL!

It got my makeup to stay put in cold and mild weather (but not really too well in hot weather), and it's really an excellent, light consistency. It didn't clog my pores, but I don't traditionally have problems with that.

It lasted a LONG time for me since I used such a small amount; like 8 months. Also the package is fabulous; air-tight, hygienic, easy to use and pretty. The last bits of of it get lost though, unfortunately; the the platform that pushes it up into the pump gets flush against the top of the package and there's a thin layer that you can't get to after that.

All in all, I like it quite a bit, but I'm on the hunt for something that will work in even the most face-meltingly hot days.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by kahughes

Are you kidding me with this stuff?
I bought the smaller size ($17 for a TINY tube!) from Sephora since the jumbo size was super expensive and I wasn't sure if I was going to like it.
Oh my goodness...I looked in the mirror and two hours after applying the primer and foundation...my t-zone was SO oily! I couldn't believe it! My skin was more oily than if I weren't to even use an oil-control gel or primer (I usually use Clinique Pore Minizier but I wanted to try something different).
By the end of the day, I had a few little pimples around my nose!
PLEASE don't waste your money on this product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 6:29:00 PM More reviews by shanidy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product in a TSV from QVC. I'm glad I was excited about the rest of the kit...because this wasn't a great product for me. I probably would have never picked this up individually, as I think it is a very expensive primer. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and dry cheek patches. I'm also very pale, very sensitive, and very picky :)

This product is a thin-feeling whitish primer that applies clear on the face. This is not as silicone-y feeling as the original photofinish or the Bare Escentual prime time. The application is fine. My foundation applied well over it...and I started the day feeling good about it.

Fast forward to lunch and I was twice as oily as I normally am with my foundation :( I'm not a fan. i tried this product with 2 different moisturizers and three different foundations, and none were successful. On the positive side, I didn't break out..but that's about all the good I can say.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 10:42:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did nothing for me, and it was expensive provided that the product didn't seem to work on me. The package is nice in a bottle, I would not consider re-purchase, in fact I gave it away in a swap already.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by dixiegirl01

I have sensitive/oily skin and I really like this version of the Smashbox primers. It is very silky and sheer and does not cause my skin to break out. It does seem to diffuse any imperfections and help keep my make up looking fresh.

At $38 for a little under an ounce it can be a bit pricey. However, a little does go a long way. This is the best primer I have tried.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this after the regular photo finish destroyed my face and found that, while it didn't break me out, it didn't make me look as flawless as the originaly. I ended up returning the product because it didn't seem to do much. I mean, it didn't hurt me, but it didn't help either.

I've found that the Clinique primer (pore minimizer) seems to do a bit better and is better formulated for oily/acne prone folks.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2008 1:45:00 AM More reviews by cocobutter27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i was impressed with this product at first: the vitamin C seemed to really brighten my complexion and keep my makeup looking fresh throughout the day; although it didn't matify too much, it does make skin look fresh and dewy. but after daily use i noticed it made my skin slightly oiler and found the product just blocked my pores. it almost acts like a sealant on the skin, which i can feel even after using my micellar solution. this product seems to be comedogenic.. and being 60% water, it really isn't worth the 44CAD.