July 30, 2014 | 1131 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by PattyLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually use lemons for something else. Lemons are great for oily skin. I do not use treatments. On the days I am extra oily all I do is cut a slice and put on my face. It does not burn, I would if you had a lot of pimples are open sores. Your skin is left so soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 8:23:00 PM More reviews by italianbella54

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

ive never used this for anything other than cooking drinks and for my hair its a great natural highlighter ...but ive never herd for scars or acne if someone could please message me and give me the low down os these sour little critters : )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by CHLee916

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

We shall see. I have some dark spots under my neck that I've tried everything to get rid of them. I just did my first application tonight and I will keep using it and see the results.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by gingery

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using lemon juice for a couple of purposes:

SELF-TANNER REMOVER: I find my self-tan tends to stick more to certain areas of my body, so once a week when I'm ready for a new coat I use bottled lemon juice to remove the excess so it doesn't build up and start looking patchy. I find it works best to do this AFTER my shower when the tanner is a bit 'softer'. Just rub with lemon juice on a cotton ball and then do a final rinse in the shower. It's much more effective and less irritating than over-scrubbing with an exfoliator.

TONER: Again I use bottled organic lemon juice, but cut with water twice a day. It's taken a few months but some old pimple scars I have on my cheeks are lightening. I do find it can be drying if I'm in a drier climate and it hasn't really done anything to reduce oiliness or pore-size.

DEODORANT/ANTI-PERSPIRANT: I read that FRESH lemon juice can help reduce sweat-production and odor over time. Only freshly cut lemon slices work apparently (something about the oxidization). I haven't really noticed any difference but I haven't been very consistent so that may very well be the reason.

Overall, I find this most effective as a self-tanner remover and it's really excellent for that purpose.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by snibbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think using lemon juice is great! I use it on my face at night after cleansing with a gentle oil-free cleanser and toning with a 2% salicylic toner. I'll squeeze half a lemon at a time and dilute it with water. Then I use a cotton ball to apply. I will let it sit for 5-10 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. It makes my sensitive skin really soft and it doesn't overdry like benzoyl peroxide does. It overall just feels GOOD and over time it helps even out skin tone. Because of a lemon's antibacterial qualities I think it is a great and natural replacement for benzoyl peroxide. I will store a half lemon's juice in the fridge and it lasts 3-4 uses. For anyone who doesn't like using lemon juice, I would suggest trying honey. It also is antibacterial but not acidic.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by olga_thes

it fades scars and makes your skin glow, it's absolutely safe and I use it every day!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by candiipop

This has been a lifesaver for me!!! I had dark acne scars on my back, which made me really self conscience about wearing tank tops, bikinis, dresses or anything that revealed my back but i LOVE backless dresses. I'm so glad I found out that lemons work as a skin lightener on MUA. It worked so well for me; I just squeezed a lemon into a small dish and every morning and night (if i remembered) i would take a cotton pad, dip it in the lemon juice and rubbed it directly onto my skin. I would suggest that if you are using it on your face that you dilute it with water. Now, all my scars are almost completely gone and i love that I can wear a bikini to all the pool parties and feel great. What's awesome is that it is cheap and natural so you dont have to worry about chemicals and you can get it at your local grocery store!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2009 7:36:00 PM More reviews by girlydancer462

Most people have comented on how this works as skin treatment for acne and other problems. I am deffinitly going to try it! I also use lemon juice for lightning and highlighting my blonde hair when going in the sun. A product called "Sun In" is suposed to do the same thing, but lemon juice is much cheaper. Honestly, i'm not too sure if it actually works, my hair does get lighter in the summer sun, but i'm not sure if its the sun or the juice. It also makes my hair a tiny bit crunchy, but thats tolerable. Overall, a great natural product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Confetti_hearts

I decided to try lemon juice as an alternative to chemicals to help with clearing up my skin. I have to say that lemons are a great thing to use. I have acne prone, oily-combination skin and like using lemon juice in my homemade face masks (I love using lemon juice, green tea, sugar and maybe sometimes apple cider vinegar as a mask to scrub... it's amazing). It certainly helps with lightening up any scarring and can help with preventing minor acne due to its antibacterial properties.

You have to be careful not to get this into your eyes (duh) and will not be good for people with sensitive skin due to it being so acidic. You may also have to be wary of using this before going into the sun because it makes you more sensitive to burning. However, I really like to use this at night and it's easy to get, cheap and easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like to use this freshly squeezed and straight up on a cottonball for toner. I squeeze a lemon and store the juice in a small Bobbi Brown travel bottle in the fridge. Lasts about 5 days. I don't dilute it as I don't find it too strong at all. Really good natural product. Freshens and cleanses. Natural peel! Use it every night after washing.