October 21, 2014 | 905 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 8:35:00 AM More reviews by maya8486

Wow thanks so much for this tip! Super cheap and eco friendly! I'll pass on the review to a friend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by 660eugenia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thank you girls for great advice. Works wonders on discolorations. Another good use of a lemon is dark hard skin I sometimes get on my elbows and knees. Wash your skin with warm water, than rib in with lemon skin, finish with any facial cream. Once is usually enough, twice is at maximum.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2009 1:57:00 PM More reviews by yyt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best toner I have ever used. Using fresh lemon is a little too troublesome for me so I use bottled lemon juice. I do NOT dilute it with water as I don't have sensitive skin. After I wash my face at night, I put some lemon juice on a cotton pad and put it all over my face and neck as you would do with toner. I avoid the eye area. It cleans the remaining dirt, oil or makeup that wasn't washed off. It also lightens my freckles, a couple of acne scars, and I think it tightens my pores. I also notice that my skin tone is more even. And hey, it is full of antioxidant. After the lemon toner, I just apply my usual treatment and moisturizer. My skin feels very fresh in the morning and my foundation goes on smoother. I do think that doing the aspirin mask contributes to this though. Check out my review and other's on aspirin mask. I have only been using this lemon toner for a few weeks and I am loving it. This will be the only toner I will use.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by ozzyp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I live in Texas and during the summer, I can literally feel my arms burn from the sun. However, I never did anything about it all these years (like putting on a sun screen). I recently saw a friend's wedding pictures and noticed that my arms have become significantly dark and uneven. Well, I started applying lemon juice on both of my arms almost every night (I skipped a few days) for about 20 minutes. I just cut a lemon in half and rub the juice on both arms. I do see a difference in my skin tone. I can say this for a fact because before I started using lemon juice, I compared my arms to my sister's. We both had the same tone and now my arms are lighter than hers.My arms are still uneven though. I will continue to use lemon juice and hopefully my arms will go back to the way they were before. I will update...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by klprice1

this stuff burns the hell out of m skin, didn't do crap for my acne, just not a good deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by PattyLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually use lemons for something else. Lemons are great for oily skin. I do not use treatments. On the days I am extra oily all I do is cut a slice and put on my face. It does not burn, I would if you had a lot of pimples are open sores. Your skin is left so soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 8:23:00 PM More reviews by italianbella54

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

ive never used this for anything other than cooking drinks and for my hair its a great natural highlighter ...but ive never herd for scars or acne if someone could please message me and give me the low down os these sour little critters : )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by CHLee916

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

We shall see. I have some dark spots under my neck that I've tried everything to get rid of them. I just did my first application tonight and I will keep using it and see the results.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by gingery

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using lemon juice for a couple of purposes:

SELF-TANNER REMOVER: I find my self-tan tends to stick more to certain areas of my body, so once a week when I'm ready for a new coat I use bottled lemon juice to remove the excess so it doesn't build up and start looking patchy. I find it works best to do this AFTER my shower when the tanner is a bit 'softer'. Just rub with lemon juice on a cotton ball and then do a final rinse in the shower. It's much more effective and less irritating than over-scrubbing with an exfoliator.

TONER: Again I use bottled organic lemon juice, but cut with water twice a day. It's taken a few months but some old pimple scars I have on my cheeks are lightening. I do find it can be drying if I'm in a drier climate and it hasn't really done anything to reduce oiliness or pore-size.

DEODORANT/ANTI-PERSPIRANT: I read that FRESH lemon juice can help reduce sweat-production and odor over time. Only freshly cut lemon slices work apparently (something about the oxidization). I haven't really noticed any difference but I haven't been very consistent so that may very well be the reason.

Overall, I find this most effective as a self-tanner remover and it's really excellent for that purpose.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by snibbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think using lemon juice is great! I use it on my face at night after cleansing with a gentle oil-free cleanser and toning with a 2% salicylic toner. I'll squeeze half a lemon at a time and dilute it with water. Then I use a cotton ball to apply. I will let it sit for 5-10 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. It makes my sensitive skin really soft and it doesn't overdry like benzoyl peroxide does. It overall just feels GOOD and over time it helps even out skin tone. Because of a lemon's antibacterial qualities I think it is a great and natural replacement for benzoyl peroxide. I will store a half lemon's juice in the fridge and it lasts 3-4 uses. For anyone who doesn't like using lemon juice, I would suggest trying honey. It also is antibacterial but not acidic.