Lemon Juice

Price: $

5% to 6% (approximately 0.3 M) citric acid, Vitamin C, pH 2 to 3

on 9/11/2009 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Too good to be true! I was just about to order the Obagi clear for my sunspots when I came across the lemon juice reviews. After one night my facial and chest sunspots were diminished by 90%. I haven't been in the sun since, so I'm hoping they don't return after 5 minutes outside, as they usually do even with my Euro sunblock. Will update.

on 9/6/2009 6:42:00 AM

I was surprised when i saw this on here! i have actually done this a few times, and it does dry out spots but the thing is it stang so bad!!! and this really put me off. Ive also heard that if you drink lemon juice with hot water that also works?

on 9/5/2009 10:56:00 PM

OMG. Just.. OMG. I read about how lemon would help with redness of acne spots before on other websites but i had to read what my fellow MUA peeps had to say. Most love it so I had to give it a go! And I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy I did! I had a ugly nickel size red mark left by cystic acne and the next day *POOF* gone! I used the lemon juice from the lemon shaped bottle, soaked a cotton ball and rubbed on the spot and left in on over night. Woke up and its like 90% lighter. Second day I did it again, 98% lighter. This beats anything the Dr. can order and any OTC products! YaY for lemons!!

on 8/31/2009 8:35:00 AM

Wow thanks so much for this tip! Super cheap and eco friendly! I'll pass on the review to a friend!

on 8/30/2009 11:10:00 PM

Thank you girls for great advice. Works wonders on discolorations. Another good use of a lemon is dark hard skin I sometimes get on my elbows and knees. Wash your skin with warm water, than rib in with lemon skin, finish with any facial cream. Once is usually enough, twice is at maximum.

on 8/11/2009 1:57:00 PM

This is the best toner I have ever used. Using fresh lemon is a little too troublesome for me so I use bottled lemon juice. I do NOT dilute it with water as I don't have sensitive skin. After I wash my face at night, I put some lemon juice on a cotton pad and put it all over my face and neck as you would do with toner. I avoid the eye area. It cleans the remaining dirt, oil or makeup that wasn't washed off. It also lightens my freckles, a couple of acne scars, and I think it tightens my pores. I also notice that my skin tone is more even. And hey, it is full of antioxidant. After the lemon toner, I just apply my usual treatment and moisturizer. My skin feels very fresh in the morning and my foundation goes on smoother. I do think that doing the aspirin mask contributes to this though. Check out my review and other's on aspirin mask. I have only been using this lemon toner for a few weeks and I am loving it. This will be the only toner I will use.

on 8/3/2009 10:54:00 PM

I live in Texas and during the summer, I can literally feel my arms burn from the sun. However, I never did anything about it all these years (like putting on a sun screen). I recently saw a friend's wedding pictures and noticed that my arms have become significantly dark and uneven. Well, I started applying lemon juice on both of my arms almost every night (I skipped a few days) for about 20 minutes. I just cut a lemon in half and rub the juice on both arms. I do see a difference in my skin tone. I can say this for a fact because before I started using lemon juice, I compared my arms to my sister's. We both had the same tone and now my arms are lighter than hers.My arms are still uneven though. I will continue to use lemon juice and hopefully my arms will go back to the way they were before. I will update...

on 8/2/2009 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this stuff burns the hell out of m skin, didn't do crap for my acne, just not a good deal.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I actually use lemons for something else. Lemons are great for oily skin. I do not use treatments. On the days I am extra oily all I do is cut a slice and put on my face. It does not burn, I would if you had a lot of pimples are open sores. Your skin is left so soft.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

ive never used this for anything other than cooking drinks and for my hair its a great natural highlighter ...but ive never herd for scars or acne if someone could please message me and give me the low down os these sour little critters : )

Popular Treatments (Face)