Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, saponified organic coconut & organic olive oils (w/ retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, organic peppermint oil, organic mentha arvensis, sea salt, citric acid, vitamin e

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great bargain! I got a giant 32 oz. bottle from Trader Joe's for less than 6 dollars. This stuff is so versatile. I use it as a handwash and a facewash. It feels best on those hot days when sweat mingles with your makeup making you feel dirty and yucky. Gross! I get chills just thinking about that disgusting feeling. This stuff refreshes you though and makes you feel clean. The smell is great too. Plus, you can use this stuff and feel good about yourself because it's cruelty-free and a lot of the proceeds go to charity. The label is legendary. It's so great. I will definitely repurchase this when and if I ever run out. I've had this almost a month and use it almost daily and haven't even made a dent in it! (I also received a sample of the bar version and that's great too.)

on 1/4/2003 9:10:00 AM

i *love* this for the tingliness in mornings and after a tough hot day. u feel cleansed w/o being shrivelled. however, as many have cautioned, do not use this on your intimate regions or be prepared to shriek from the effect of the peppermint LoL

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Every year my family would live near an Amish community. I harken back to those days when this is around. But within 200 years of progress I think I can find a better soap. I would marry the man who made the packaging, though. Disclaimer- Keep away from genitals!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I don't like castle soap, especially the peppermint kind.

Once I used it in the shower, and a very intimate part of my body was burned pretty badly.

What I also dislike about castle soaps is that they leave a residue. No matter how I use them, my skin (or hair for that matter) has a coating on it.

on 12/23/2002 4:23:00 PM

This leaves my skin feeling soft and clean without being dry. I really like it! I bought it after hearing all the raves over it.

on 12/21/2002 9:49:00 PM

Rinses clean! I feel extremely clean and refreshed after showering with this. I don't use it during winter months as it may be a bit drying...

Update--7/19/11
Still using it and loving it!! I use it all year round now!

on 12/19/2002 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this!!! It wakes you up with its great peppermint scent and tingling action, doesn't strip your skin, and cleans gently. I'll be buying this until they stop making it.

on 11/26/2002 3:24:00 PM

I love my Dr. Bronners. You can use it for anything. You can dilute it and it lasts forever. I never have to worry about it breaking out my skin at all. I like feeling super clean after a shower and this is the perfect soap.

on 10/1/2002 7:36:00 AM

This is one of the most practical and affordable products imaginable. I brought the small bottle when I was traveling Europe, and was able to use it for everything: body wash, laundry detergent, face wash, and even when I ran out of shampoo I used this. And incredibly, it worked in all these cases. Although I should mention that I don't have sensitive skin. Plus it has a wonderful, refreshing smell. Buy a bottle at your local health food store, it will provide interesting reading while in the shower

on 9/26/2002 2:20:00 AM

This soap is one that everyone should have in their showers! I gave the packaging a "5" simply because the label is so trippy, it's unbelievable. Goes on nice and cool and washes off easily. Leaves skin tingly! I always feel ultra-clean after using this. Dr. Bronner might be a nut, but he sure makes a good liquid soap!