December 21, 2014 | 1148 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2003 9:10:00 AM More reviews by toraneko

i *love* this for the tingliness in mornings and after a tough hot day. u feel cleansed w/o being shrivelled. however, as many have cautioned, do not use this on your intimate regions or be prepared to shriek from the effect of the peppermint LoL

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2003 1:25:00 AM More reviews by glassofwater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Every year my family would live near an Amish community. I harken back to those days when this is around. But within 200 years of progress I think I can find a better soap. I would marry the man who made the packaging, though. Disclaimer- Keep away from genitals!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2002 9:34:00 PM More reviews by scribblescrabble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I don't like castle soap, especially the peppermint kind.

Once I used it in the shower, and a very intimate part of my body was burned pretty badly.

What I also dislike about castle soaps is that they leave a residue. No matter how I use them, my skin (or hair for that matter) has a coating on it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2002 4:23:00 PM More reviews by NYgirl

This leaves my skin feeling soft and clean without being dry. I really like it! I bought it after hearing all the raves over it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2002 9:49:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

Rinses clean! I feel extremely clean and refreshed after showering with this. I don't use it during winter months as it may be a bit drying...

Update--7/19/11
Still using it and loving it!! I use it all year round now!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2002 10:06:00 AM More reviews by michellechar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this!!! It wakes you up with its great peppermint scent and tingling action, doesn't strip your skin, and cleans gently. I'll be buying this until they stop making it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2002 3:24:00 PM More reviews by tobywoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love my Dr. Bronners. You can use it for anything. You can dilute it and it lasts forever. I never have to worry about it breaking out my skin at all. I like feeling super clean after a shower and this is the perfect soap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2002 7:36:00 AM More reviews by sanrosee

This is one of the most practical and affordable products imaginable. I brought the small bottle when I was traveling Europe, and was able to use it for everything: body wash, laundry detergent, face wash, and even when I ran out of shampoo I used this. And incredibly, it worked in all these cases. Although I should mention that I don't have sensitive skin. Plus it has a wonderful, refreshing smell. Buy a bottle at your local health food store, it will provide interesting reading while in the shower

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2002 2:20:00 AM More reviews by MelissaM

This soap is one that everyone should have in their showers! I gave the packaging a "5" simply because the label is so trippy, it's unbelievable. Goes on nice and cool and washes off easily. Leaves skin tingly! I always feel ultra-clean after using this. Dr. Bronner might be a nut, but he sure makes a good liquid soap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2002 5:16:00 AM More reviews by wildchipmunk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Dr. Bronner's is the only thing that will wake me up in the morning. However, do NOT use this (or any other product containing peppermint oil!) on the nether regions. I use this on myself, my dogs, my cosmetic brushes...
This soap changed to a hemp oil base a year or so ago. I was concerned as I've used this for many years, but have sensitive skin. I emailed the company and within an hour I received a congenial response from one of the Bronner kids. Marvelous. She wanted me to let her know if I did have a reaction because she hadn't heard of any yet. Sure enough, I tried the new product and it was fine, if just ever so slightly less sudsy.
The label is just something you can't leave earth without seeing. I won't spoil the surprise.
Try a small bottle for those mornings you need a boost.