Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.25%) (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Water

on 1/31/2010 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Purchased this to have a break from my usual body cream as it sounded great; natural, light, fair price etc etc But it made my skin sting like crazy! I don't even have sensitive skin and have never had this problem before. Naturally I switched back to my usual lotion and have yet to experience this stinging sensation with another product, so no, I will definitely not be buying this again.

on 1/29/2010 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

First off, I've used a whole lot of this product. I've used a whole tube, plus a generous amount of a huge pump bottle. I use this almost everyday to moisturize my face before I apply my makeup because it doesn't make my skin break out, it moisturizes well and the consistency isn't too thick or too oily (unlike Dove). I've tried it too as a lotion but I don't like it for that. It doesn't sink in the skin, I need to use a whole lot of it, plus it leaves my skin kind of sticky and not even soft. As a moisturizer, it's not the best but it does what I expect without damaging my skin. However, the moisture doesn't last long enough, which means that all dry patches on my face tend to show up after all, and that doesn't look very good... Plus, it feels kind of heavy on my face, like it can't breathe... which is why I don't wear it at nighttime, because it just it doesn't feel right. So I'm now on the hunt again for a good moisturizer because I'm sick and tired of only getting a "decent" result with this. Will not repurchase.

I have finally found my HG hand lotion after many, many years of searching! In the winter my hands get extremely dry to the point of cracking and bleeding. I thought I had found good hand lotions in the past, but they always turned out to be too sticky, unabsorbent or too strong-smelling to keep reapplying throughout the day. Aveeno is perfect! It's unbelievable how fast it absorbs. There's no scent whatsoever and it leaves my hands feeling so smooth. I'm going to start using it as a body lotion also, and I'm very tempted to get rid of all my other lotions. Nothing compares!

Hands down, best body moisturizer. Better than any body cream or butter out there. It really absorbs and my skin just soaks it up. I use it on my legs and it makes them feel firmer :)

on 1/20/2010 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this stuff every single day for my whole body. It really does moisturize for 24 hours (except if you wash your hands...then you need to reapply). I have a full sized bottle in my bedroom and carry a small one in my purse. I have pretty sensitive skin and this doesn't cause any problems. My skin absorbs the lotion really well, the formula isn't too watery or too thick, doesn't leave any greasy residue. It's the perfect lotion for me. I actually used to use the Positively Smooth lotion, but it's discontinued. I was really sad about that, but this has been a wonderful replacement.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this moisturizer hoping it would be good underneath my make up. No way. It made my skin all oily and gross feeling. It's alright if you need to dab some on dry spots on other parts of your body but on your face and under make up, it is just terrible. I won't buy this again because of that. I'll say goodbye to greasy runny make up.

on 1/6/2010 4:51:00 PM

So hopefully I'm reviewing for the right product. It's the colloidal oatmeal one.

LOVE this, I would give it 10 stars if I could. My absolute favorite, favorite body lotion.

I have dry skin and in the winter time it can get pretty bad. I get scars all up and down my legs from the constant scratching I do because it gets soooo itchy from the dryness. Most lotions provide temporary relief, this one really lasts and it feels so good when you apply it. The lotion just sinks in and makes your skin super soft without that sticky residue that a lot of the super-hydrating lotions/creams tend to do (which I absolutely can't stand).

It doesn't have much of a smell either so for those who have an issue with smells, it shouldn't be a problem.

It's a little more expensive than other drugstore lotions you can find but sooo worth it.

on 12/21/2009 10:56:00 PM

Amazing! This product is a life saver, when I first bought it I had the intention of just using it on my body but when I discovered my Ponds contained a paraben I totally freaked out and started using this on my face as well. It doesn't clog my pores and it leaves my skin silky smooth and works great on my dry patches. This product is a prefect lotion for anything, hands, face, body. And I have seen great results since I started using it. This product works like a charm (:

on 12/16/2009 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My favorite drugstore moisturizer. Hydrates well, doesn't feel waxy or sticky, fragrance free so it doesn't interfere with perfume.

on 12/9/2009 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have a tube of this at my desk. It feels so good going on. It makes a great summer time lotion.