August 21, 2014 | 1888 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 10:43:00 AM More reviews by marinesgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this! It goes on beautifully, leaves my skin looking smooth and flawless. I haven't experienced any powdery look or feel, and buffs in super smoothly. I've been using it daily for over 6 months, and am not close to finishing it, so it's a great value.

I would definitely recommend this over Bare Minerals, Everyday Minerals, Lumiere or any Drugstore brand. I feel like I've tried them all, and I will always come back to Laura Mercier!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 10:36:00 PM More reviews by ginaychen

This is hands-down the best mineral foundation i've ever tried, and by that i mean amongst jane iredale, everyday minerals, larenim, bare escentual, and many others (i really can't count them all coz there're too many of them), and i even tried the ones recommended by environmental group like zosimos and such. Im currently using this in conjunction with Miessence mineral foundation. Miessence is also great but it doesn't provide as much coverage as this one. Miessence is more pure though, but the fact that Laura Mercier has pearl powder in it which makes your skin glow and hydrated is really a bonus, and pearl powder has been a superb facial treatment for ancient chinese for thousands of years so i believe in its anti-aging power. anyways, you have to try it to believe it, and don't think every mineral foundation acts the same coz they really don't!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 9:21:00 AM More reviews by tripperjj

My esthetician insisted that I buy this product after my Vitalize Peel. I was hesitant to try this product because I hated Bare Minerals, I felt that it accentuated my pores and lines. Not the case with Laura Mercier. I love it! I have gotten so many compliments on my skin at first I thought it was the facial treatments that I was getting, now I think it is the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2008 9:28:00 AM More reviews by anna_hstad

Love,love,love this!!! The best foundation all categories. Flawless face, I like the feeling of no-makeup still it covers redness but looks like my real skin (only better ;) I use the real sand all over face, then natural beige on cheeks, chin, forehead, nose - I find it looks more natural that way...then pair with LM Blush Rose Petal. Done!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Glamourtothemax

Absolutely awful and so expensive.

I purchased this product 2 weeks ago - £30 for mineral powder and another £28 for the mineral powder primer. It is a complete waste of time and money because the powder primer dries my skin and when I tried to buff the mineral powder on top my face just look so chalky and dry and the color didn't go even.

I eventually gave up and threw them away. Honestly, for that price range I can get other cool brands such as By Terry etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2008 9:50:00 PM More reviews by righteousred

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have purchased several mineral makeup foundations (BE, Jane Iredale, Px, one other whose name escapes me right now) and this one is so far the best. It is very finely milled so it doesn't emphasize my pores (like Px), it is "pearlized" but NOT sparkly (like BE), it comes in a good color for my skin (Tender Rose, one that is not too yellow like JE) and it has the best packaging I've encountered for a loose powder (a little dial that closes some of the sifter holes so you can control how much powder is floating about.

I am a 30 yo normal/dry PPP with redness around the nose and mouth and this covers beautifully and manages to last all day without settling into any fine lines (I do use it with the mineral primer, so that might have something to do with the staying powder) when applied with a BB Kabuki brush. It honestly doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup.

I get stopped by strangers and asked/complimented about my skin when I'm wearing this, so that tells you something.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2008 4:41:00 PM More reviews by melro14

I was using BE and it was making me very chalky looking. I like to use mineral makeup in the summer because of the humidity. I read a review of LM mineral makeup. I bought the classic beige. I love it. Even my husband noticed, and said it looks more natural. It has a slight luminesence, but not too much. It looks very natural. The color blends with my skin perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 12:37:00 PM More reviews by CHLee916

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not really a mineral makeup girl. Not really a makeup girl but I tried it.

At first I thought it wasn't anything spectacular. I have the shade in Pure Honey. I tend to turn orangey at the end of the day with my foundations - creams, powders, liquids...but this one really stayed.

The color was absolutely beautiful on me and it gave me a neat, clear and clean look - almost ethereal.

It absolutely worked even better after the primer and setting powder by LM as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by BeKind20thers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation for a few reasons. First, the high end name brand.. and second, the ingredients are high quality with amino acids and pearl powder. I have been using this mineral foundation for probably a year and still have a ton left. Everytime I use it I wish I could throw it out and try something better but it was too expensive to just throw out. The shade does not match my skin at all. I'm pale and her shades are not light enough for my skin tone. I use a kabuki brush and have tried even a flocked sponge for heavier coverage but still dislike it. I won't be purchasing again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by panda__eyes

Unfortunately, this mineral foundation did not work on me. I must admit that it gives surprisingly excellent coverage for a mineral foundation. However, the colour choices are quite limited still and it doesn't look natural. It makes my pores (which are small) seem much bigger and its staying power is a disappointment. I used to love LM products...but now, I just feel that they're really expensive but not very good products for my skin ... you can almost say overrated.