April 19, 2014 | 925 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 12:37:00 PM More reviews by CHLee916

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not really a mineral makeup girl. Not really a makeup girl but I tried it.

At first I thought it wasn't anything spectacular. I have the shade in Pure Honey. I tend to turn orangey at the end of the day with my foundations - creams, powders, liquids...but this one really stayed.

The color was absolutely beautiful on me and it gave me a neat, clear and clean look - almost ethereal.

It absolutely worked even better after the primer and setting powder by LM as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by BeKind20thers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation for a few reasons. First, the high end name brand.. and second, the ingredients are high quality with amino acids and pearl powder. I have been using this mineral foundation for probably a year and still have a ton left. Everytime I use it I wish I could throw it out and try something better but it was too expensive to just throw out. The shade does not match my skin at all. I'm pale and her shades are not light enough for my skin tone. I use a kabuki brush and have tried even a flocked sponge for heavier coverage but still dislike it. I won't be purchasing again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by panda__eyes

Unfortunately, this mineral foundation did not work on me. I must admit that it gives surprisingly excellent coverage for a mineral foundation. However, the colour choices are quite limited still and it doesn't look natural. It makes my pores (which are small) seem much bigger and its staying power is a disappointment. I used to love LM products...but now, I just feel that they're really expensive but not very good products for my skin ... you can almost say overrated.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by sapphire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this powder to cover my face. i have 2 shades. the rich vanilla en the pure honey for summer, gues my skin does change a lot in the sun, i had some troubles with the pure honey thougt it was not the good color so i went back explain wat happend.. they girl did put it on me, and it was pretty wel.. she did use the bronze larg fluf brush, for a full covarage, wat works pretty wel, for a more bronze look and sheer she did use the powder bruch. and there was a big difrence. so you also can use it in diffent way's. wat is also a plus point,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2008 1:19:00 AM More reviews by niseixtenshi

I've tried BE several years ago and didn't like it. LM's mineral powder was my 2nd try and I'm loving it! In pictures - it photographs so well, give a beautiful glow and feels like there's nothing on your face. The coverage is good and evens out my skintone. I use this w/ the LM finishing powder..and it truly is a flawless finish. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've always liked mineral foundations, especially BE, which I used for about 2 years before it just stopped working for me. I was getting oily very fast, not to mention that my face was getting itchy and uncomfortable.
I tried many other mineral foundations (Alima, EM, L'Oreal, MN), and I wasn't pleased with them at all, they either looked too powdery, or they were making me an oil slick, well, you get the picture.
Then I noticed that the reviews for LM MMU said that this foundation doesn't cause itchiness, so I figured I'd try it. I got a perfect match with Tender Rose, which surprised me, as I thought it might have been too dark.
I apply it with my Alima 25 flat top brush, and the coverage I get is medium, but it can be built up. I rarely have to use my concealer, only if I have to cover a dark acne scar or a big red pimple. I have used it both with and without a mattifying primer, but I couldn't say that I saw much difference between the 2 methods.
The finish is so natural, not too matte, but definitely not shiny. I usually finish it off with MAC Blot Loose, and I don't get oily for the next 3-4 hours. After that, yes, I do have to blot and apply more powder.
The foundation never rubs off, never comes off or streaks, even when I'm sweating, and never, ever, made me itch. So far, it is the best MMU I have found.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 5:15:00 AM More reviews by chloejeanette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first adventure into the world of mineral powders, and I must admit it was an unsuccessful one. I typically choose liquid foundations that provide medium coverage, since my skin (while it is pale) tends to be red and ruddy at times. My skin is also prone to being dry- the more moisture a foundation can provide, the better.

I snagged a container of Laura Mercier's mineral powder off of Sephora. I decided on "Soft Porcelain", which actually ended up being an excellent color match for my pale skin. Most pale makeups are much too pink for me, and the Soft Porcelian has a hint of yellow to it . The color was perfect.

But, unfortunately, that was about all that was perfect about this powder for me. As much as I tried to swirl and buff it onto my face with a powder brush I purchased JUST for it, I couldn't do it. I was left with a chalky, powdery looking face. It was like I couldn't blend it in and the makeup was just sitting (glaringly obvious) on my skin. I tried to use it with foundation primers, I tried to use it with moisturizer- and no luck.

I'll stick with LM's Tinted Moisturizer. Back this one goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by dim777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Up until last week, I had been using BE. BE didn't wear well, found it had to "sink in" for a few minutes after application to actually see the coverage results, and found it chalky. When I went into Sephora and the MA asked if I need help, she commented that she could see where the BE was left on my face (not good!!!). She introduced me to the LM mineral makeup line after informing me that we had similar skin concerns. She was a LM user, and her skin looked flawless. She applied it to half of my face to show me the true result. WOW!!! What a difference! The coverage is beautiful!! LM lasts all day, provides a healthy look (not tin-man-ish), hides large pores, smart packaging, long-wearing, and causes no irritation whatsoever . (I use Make Up For Ever All Mat primer before LM appllication.) I have had oily skin all my life and have never found a product that works like this one, and I've used many! I never thought my skin could look like this! It is fantastic!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by allisonkupfer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First, the package. I've been using BareMinerals for about a year and the package always made me crazy - when its full it gets messy, and when its running out you can't get any on the brush. This is a closeable sifter, so you can get more when you need and close for travel, etc.

The coverage is beautiful - buildable, totally natural, a little bit pearly/luminous. Really much better texture, shades, package, consistency than BareMinerals, which is kind of orangy and sometimes a bit clumpy - this is finer textured, so more natural looking. this is my new go-to foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2008 8:32:00 AM More reviews by AngelaW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A greta product. I have tried other mineral powders occasionally but didn't like them as much as this. I specifically bought this in a panic because i had this awful grey mustache-like shadow under the skin on my top lip, I think caused by a bad lip wax. Anyway, I had a wedding to go to and really didn't want to be feeling self-conscious! So I dashed out to the nearest department store (I was in Denmark) and bought this. It works like a dream. Total coverage, but not in a cakey way. I got talked into buying the brush to go with it, which I probably would not normally have done (I don't like being pushed into things my sales assistants) but in this case I was really desperate. And I'm glad I did - I don't know if application is so much better with this brush, but certainly I love using it and it does seem to help the product go on like it's designed to.

Basically, the powder completely covered the patch I was feeling anxious about, and stayed on for the entire wedding (about 8 hours) without slipping or sliding off. I will repurchase this as soon as I've used it up. Am a big fan of LM in general, so I don't baulk at the prices by now, but it is a little on the pricey side. Is my only criticism.