October 22, 2014 | 1951 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Shawty187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: After using it a while noticed it didnt do much, not much hilighting. another overhyped garbage product that everyone loves for some reason. I realized it wasnt love after about a week of using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by fiunit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this highlighter. I much prefer powder highlighters/illuminators to liquid ones. This makes my bone structure look a lot better than it actually is, haha. I think this highlighter is a nice way to accentuate my features without going overboard with heaps of products. My usual daytime routine is just mineral powder, mascara, Albatross, and Chapstick or Blistex. Very minimal (yeah, I'm lazy), but the Albatross adds a little somethin' somethin'. I do, however, think that if you are going to use a highlighter, you need to be using other makeup as well as highlighter on its own may look a little odd. I would advise playing around with Albatross to figure out how much you need, so you don't get a yellowish tint or an overly obvious shimmer. It can be easy to go overboard, and you might end up looking overdone or plastic-ey :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Jaysta1985

This is my #1 Highlighter. I love it even more than the Multiple in Copacabana!. It's not as shimmery as the multiple so its perfect for day use, especially ontop of my orgasm blush. I swept it lightly on my cheekbones and it really gives me a nice glowy finish and helps define my cheekbones. I also use it to highlight the bridge of my nose lightly. This is the last thing I use every morning in my makeup routine. I its such a nice way to put the finishing touches on your face.
As with all NARS blushes and eye shadows, the only annoying thing is having to carry around extra brushes :) But I can't complain, I love it too much

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Bulldogs01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so i was really skeptical about this highligting powder when i first laid eyes on it.. i mean look at how white it is!! but since everyone has been raving about it, i def had to give it a try. Once i got it.. i tried it and it was amaaazing. I used it with no make up on and it made me gloooow! it was awesome! so i tried it with my makeup wear and even better!!!! loves it! dont let the whiteness fool you, its a GREAT hightlighter!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by mistyct

I have to first explain my obsession with finding a perfect highlighter. I am not 12 anymore. I cannot get away with a glittery mess of a highlighter. I want a grown-up, lit from within "glow". This gives me that. Sure, if you apply this to your entire face, you may look like a streetwalker, lol! However, strategically placed, this highlighter is HG all the way for me! I just love it. I know alot of people do not liek NARS packaging. However, I have no problems with it. I like the sleek design. It has a mirror in it which is always a nice practical addition for on-the-go application or touch-ups.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by ktgti

I got this in the highlighter/blush duo. I LOVE this highlighter! I use it everyday, no breakouts and it has a nice glow to it. Not overly shimmery. I can't live without it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by nakupenda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My relationship with this was brief. Like many other powder highlighters, my skin didn't like it. No matter how much I moisturize and prep and prime, I end up with a crepey look with both powder blushes and powder highlighters. Albatross was sadly no exception. I can see how it imparts a gorgeous candlelit glow...on others. On me, it's just not the look I am searching for. Wanting something even more natural, even more lit from within.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Priestess05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this highlighter. Beautiful shade, makes one look as those lit from within. This product brings out your inner supermodel's cheekbones and such! I love to sweep this over my cheekbones, browbones, inner corners of eyes, bridge of nose, and cupid's bow. Natural looking enough even for day, can be intensified for nights out. As a reference, I wear NC35 concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by yasmineswe

This blush comes in pressed powder form, it is finely milled, with no large chunks of glitter, and is used as a highlighter. It is very pigmented but sheer enough to give a glowy, dewy finish - rather than a chalky and shimmery finish that just sits on top your make up. The color is best described as a light golden champagne - with pearl white undertones. The fact that it comes in powder form makes it easier to work with than creamy highlighters of the same light color, which can be a bit tricky to apply with the right amount. Definitely recommended for those who are looking for a highlighter with easy (fool proof) and smooth application and are more about the subtle dewy look than the glittery look. Try layering this highlighting powder with your favourite blush or bronzer - the result will be amazing. The product is fairly expensive but lasts a very long time (I have used at least 4-5 times a week for about a year and I have at least 80-70% of product left)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 8:32:00 AM More reviews by dnemoy85

Well no idea as to why anyone ever referrs to highlighters as blushes since this is simply a highlighter and one of the best I have ever used. I've tried tons of liquid illuminators and highlighters and there are really tons of products out there you can use as highlighters. BUt this is definitely my top product these days as I am a Nars fanatic and every product I try only gets better from their quality gorgeous color payoff line. I still lvoe my Benefit High Beam but I've found this powder highlighter is just so fast and easy to use when in a hurry. It is fool proof and never look over done. No amtter ho wismple or glam my makeup is I just brush this under my eyes over the cheek bones, forehead, down nose, chin, under brows, and shoulders etc if going out and looks amazing. Just gives a geat glow and not overdone at all to your face. Love pairing this with a great powder bronzer too and I can fake a gorgeous tan without the skin cancer part! lol

Recommend to everyone as a staple.