NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 11/18/2009 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you could only buy one product from NARS, it should be this! (and not even orgasm) This highlighter gives a soft golden glow. Looks gorgeous under the light.
The only downside is probably the packaging, it gets dirty from all the gold sheen after a while.

ETA: People have compared this to MAC's Vanilla, in my opinion this product is better as the effect is more subtle. The colour is the same, but Vanilla seems more chunkier/glittery to me.

on 11/17/2009 6:53:00 PM

I love this highlighter. It's not too frosty or too white, it just gives a beautiful sheen when the light hits it. This is a must have from Nars.

on 11/17/2009 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am not sure if this has been reviewed somewhere else -- I may have screwed up the category since this product can be used as both a blush and a highliter. In fact this is what it is sold as: blush/highliter.

The color looks whitish/gold but it is the transparency of this product packed into a cake which I love (pigments have a tendency in my hands to wind up on the floor). I have used this as a highliter on many clients -- from the eyes, cheeks and even to the outline of the lips. It is a soft glow which makes everyone look heavenly.

This should not be missing from anyone's makeup if they want to look glowy and healthy -- even for an old lady like me this is just the right amount of sheen and no obvious shimmer or glitter.

Again -- I hate NARS packaging! But the product is well worth the price.

on 10/29/2009 12:52:00 AM

I didn't purchase it but i definitely tried it on. Not a fan. It is super shimmery and I guess at night that's okay but I would rather keep SUPER shimmer to eyes. I love nars orgasm - which is LITTLE shimmer and that shows I am not anti shimmer, but albatross is super duper shimmery highlight. The shimmer particles are gold and its is an off white cream (super sheer) so you may was well apply shimmer to your face.

on 10/28/2009 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Nars albatross is a beautiful goden pearly color. I had been lemming this for quite some time and finally received a brand new one in a swap and i can truly say that i have found my HG highlighter, it is just PERFECT. The great thing about it, is that it has no glitter and when i swipe it on my face it gives me the most gorgeous luminous glow, i swear i just cannot stop looking at myself! Even my boyfriend commented on how "GLOWY " i look lol. Overall this is a phenomenal product, comes in a beautiful sleek black compact and will last you so long , so yess i will buy this for the rest of my life.. i can't believe i did not get this sooner..and i call myself a makeup junkie? lol .
For reference i'm a MAC NC 25-30

on 10/11/2009 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Looks pretty bland in the packaging but you HAVE to try this on to fully appreciate it. At first I thought it would turn up chalky on my NC40 skin, but one little swipe of this & you get the most beautiful luminous pearl/gold glow without the obvious shimmer/glitter. It is pricey, but it's so versatile & like all nars blushes a little goes a long way so I'd pay that much again if I ever ran out (which won't be any time soon, I haven't made so much as a dip in months).

on 10/7/2009 2:23:00 PM

HG! HG! HG! I use this highlighter on my cheeks, forehead, chin and brow bone! Talk about a multi-use product! It leaves a highlight-y, oh-so-slightly golden-y glow! I just love it, and I use it every day (well, every day that I wear makeup)! In fact, when I'm really made up, my look is incomplete without this stuff. I just love it and can't believe I lived without it for so long! I've been using it for four months and haven't even dented the product! LOVE IT! For reference, I'm a C7.

on 9/30/2009 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So beautiful! Albatross is this perfect white gold color that makes me look like I'm glowing from within, but doesn't look shiny or glittery. It blends like a dream and doesn't give me that "I'm wearing makeup" look that other highlighters seem to give me. This is the best thing ever for my fair, cool-toned skin! As far as complaints about the price go, I've had my Albatross for almost a year now, used it every day at least once or twice a day and barely made even a dent. I expect this product to last me for a very long time, and it's worth every penny.

on 9/29/2009 9:48:00 PM

um, wow. i'm not even going to write a long review because if you're reading this and you don't own albatross already, i highly suggest you stop everything you're doing and run to your nearest nars counter/sephora and get it.

this is the most beautiful gilded white colour in the world. not only does it keep me from looking like i get around five hours of sleep every night, but it also makes my complexion look incredibly soft and dewy.

the first day i wore this i had ten people comment on how radiant my skin looks.

seriously. go buy it.

on 9/28/2009 1:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is my HG highlighter. It gives me that perfect glow that always shows up so nicely in photographs, and it's the perfect highlighter for the browbone. It's great for my PPP skintone and is very finely milled. But how in the hail can they justify charging $25 for this teeny tiny little package? I bought it online and when I received it, I thought they accidentally sent me a sample! I think it's highway robbery but I love the product and a little goes a long way so I think I will end up buying it again!

Top Rated NARS Products