Becca Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Persea Gratissima (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables), Talc, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Myristate, Kaolin, Cocoglycerides, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Glycine, Fructose, Urea, Niacinamide, Inositol, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid, Parfum. May contain: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 36 CI 12085, Red 7 CI 15850.

on 10/1/2002 10:54:00 PM

This is very sheer, it blends perfectly w/o a trace, giving a '2nd skin' texture. It provides a very sheer coverage, but good enough for me since I only want one that evens out my skin tone and covers my broken capillaries on my cheeks. It gives a dewy, glowy, and very natural finish.. but my skin does get a little 'too dewy' (haha) later in the day even when I used powder in the beginning. So it does require some powder touchup.. Nonetheless, it's a good foundation. I only wish there was a Becca counter in Canada.. I wear Camel (Chanel 20 Clair/Cameo, Chantecaille Camomile, EL Beach).

on 10/1/2002 9:07:00 PM

I love it. This is the best liquid foundation I've tried next to Sue Devitt 70% seaweed gel foundation.

It's very sheer and light. Their color selection is amazing.

I tried Cashmere. I wanted to try something lighter but I was recommended this color it suits my skin just fine.
It doesn't wear off easily but not heavy either.

Now that my skin colour got a little lighter in winter, I bought SAND which is now PERFECT for my skin tone. Sometimes I mix it with CASHMERE which I bought in Summer.

on 9/25/2002 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I don't usually wear foundation, but I thought I'd give this one a try after hearing so many raves about it all summer.

As far as foundations go, I like it, but I guess my skin's used to not having any foundation on and it felt really heavy on my skin.

I liked the coverage and the color was a perfect match for my skin tone (Cashmere), but I think I'm going to go back to just using concealer on spots where I need it.

on 9/19/2002 5:38:00 PM

I was determined not to get sucked into this Becca thing and bought this thinking I would probably swap it but I love it!

It gives a great natural sheer finish and really seems to light up my skin. I would normally wear a medium coverage foundation but this seems to give me enough coverage and really evens out my skin tone.

I haven't yet got the stick foundation, although I do the Becca concealer with it. The stick foundation is now my 'most wanted'item I'm hopping it's as great as the LSC!

on 9/19/2002 6:08:00 AM

I don't normally wear a lot of foundation, and I like mine sheer. So when I heard all the raves for Becca's LSC, I *had* to go try it out for myself. The MA applied some on my face for me, and while I thought it felt a bit greasy at first, it did give that nice luminous glow and evened my skin tone out a bit. I wore it that whole day and even by evening, my T-zone (I have normal-combi skin) wasn't oily. I love the packaging too, and wouldn't mind getting this again! I love the sheer, dewy look.

on 9/14/2002 5:38:00 PM

The Becca MA at Olivine in Seattle used this product in Sand on me. I did not like this at all. This felt oily and heavy for a sheer foundation. Then the MA said this line beleives in foundation layering so she proceeded to apply thew stick foundation on me too. Ack! What's the point? Increased sales or skin that's all clogged up with foundation and pigment? If you have combination or oily skin this is not for you. I must say, however, that this line has an excellent shade selection.

on 8/30/2002 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really do love Becca LSC! The shade range is so versatile and you really can wear a color that might not be your exact match and it'll still look good. I have Sand and it's a perfect match to my skintone. I like this because it doubles as a moisturizer if you'd like and goes on sheer, yet somehow diffuses minor flaws. I have s few freckles and it lets them show through, which keeps me from looking 'made up'. If I am doing a 'night' face, I can use this under my Chanel foundation (still my fave) for better coverage and incredible luminosity! I do wish the packaging was a little more durable for this particular item. I will be buying this again!

on 8/20/2002 11:03:00 PM

I've never been one to wear sheer tinted foundations, however, after hearing about Becca on the boards I knew I had to try it! After ordering samples from BG, I found that LSC in Toast was best suited for my summer face (usually wear MAC NW25 studiofix). Although my face feels a little greasy, a few swipes of the loose powder in wheat over top of the foundation sets it perfectly! I love how natural and glowing my face looks! Now that summer is almost over, I think that Nude will be best suited for my "winter face" with Sesame loose powder, a tribute to how quickly this foundation has become my "holy grail" of foundations!

on 8/20/2002 7:26:00 PM

I'm so glad I got to sample this product. Today I'm sampling Camel and it seems a really good match for my skin. I normally wear LM nude or sand, depending on how tan I am. It seems to even out my skintone pretty well. I like it more than the stick foundation which feels a little greasy and heavy, even for my dry skin. Tomorrow I can't wait to try Cashmere and the day after that, Nude. I do find that this product leaves my skin a little more shiny than my LM TM and that's why I'm only giving it a 4 rating. Making a decision on which foundation to purchase has never been this much fun since the colors to choose from are so nice. =)

on 8/18/2002 10:36:00 AM

I've used this for about a month now, and I'm ready to review! I have to say, at first, I wasn't extremely pleased with this product because I loaded too much on my face. But as soon as I started to apply lightly, it has been an absolute dream! I have combo-oily skin, and it's the best stuff ever in my opinion! It is slightly tinted, but it really does even out your skintone like everyone else says here -- and in a very natural way too. I love the lightweight quality of this, and how easily it spreads on my face. I do use their foundation sticks (I blend a couple of colours together to customise) as well on spots, and with a dusting of their powder, I look flawless -- in a *natural* way! My skin has never looked so great, and I am so pleased because I hate any kind of heavy coverage. I do blot during the day, but the makeup stays in place with no gloppiness or slippage. A keeper for me!