October 23, 2014 | 1035 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2007 5:16:00 PM More reviews by MARY48

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

It's a brow tamer and nothing more, does the trick for just a buck, and that's all I wanted it to do. I will be purchasing again, at this price, oh yeah!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2007 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Jenniferla32

I LOVE this product! I do not use it for mascara, just to tame my brows. It adds definition and grooms well- and doesn't clump. I usually use Bourjois but am sick of it, so opted for this instead. The wand has "eyebrows" on one side and "eyelashes" on the other (however, mine is misprinted and BOTH sides read "eyebrows"!)- but the wands aren't much different. Whatever side I unscrew, that's the one I use for my brows. My thick brows definitely stay in place and look fabulous with the help of this product! No more Anastasia or Bourjois- I'm sticking with $1 ELF!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2007 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best clear mascara I have ever used (it's also the cheapest). I'vr tried every brand of clear mascara on the market and had just given up, that is until I saw this at my local grocery store. It's only $1 and it makes my lashes look glossy all day long. I never thought a clear gloss could make lashes look thicker but this one does. It also keeps my lashes in line (a major problem for me because my lashes tend to lay in all different directions). Even the brow tamer is wonderful. I'm usually not interested in using brow tamers, but this one does the trick. It keeps my brows in line and help them to look more natural and groomed. Overall this is a great product and you can't best the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by charchy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After reading the reviews here, I bought this. Thanks a lot, gals!!! Now I am at the end of the tube and I am completely in love with it. I even don't need to apply any brow definer/powder anymore. It defines the eye brows very well and it keeps them in shape and I think it makes them darker too ! Same thing for my eye lashes---it even keeps my eye lashes in the curly shape all the time. It also make the eye lashes look longer---I can not figure out why. I agree the wand is not easy to put back in; but for what it does, I don't care!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2007 10:00:00 PM More reviews by SweetNSpicyGal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not even worth the 97 cents I paid for it! I don't know what everyone sees in this product. It's all congealed in the tube, and hardly any comes out on the wands. On top of that, the small bit that comes out makes your lashes clump together, and does NOTHING for your brows. What this product promises can be accomplished with some petroleum jelly and hairgel. What a dud. I don't know if I'll try anymore of the E.L.F. products, after this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2007 1:11:00 PM More reviews by xglitterpixiex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For the price I love this product.
The brow gel does a great job of keeping my brows neat and I like the clear mascara because it doesn't irritate my eyes and leaves my lashes glossy and defined.
The only downside is that the wands seem a little fragile, however for the price I am happy to overlook this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2007 8:32:00 AM More reviews by bobsy

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was on the hunt for a replacement clear mascara to use on my brows after my previous fave was discontinued. I can't live without a good brow gel. Found this after quite a few other attempts with other brands. (I use either end of this one on my brows.) This one's a surprising winner for me, ahead of Bloom, Clarins Mascara Fix, The Body Shop, and several others I no longer recall. It holds brows in place with just the right amount of oomph - i.e. not so much that you look like you've got super glue affixing them to your forehead. It doesn't flake, isn't too obvious and glossy, it's fragrance free - and it's cheap as chips - I think it was $AUD2.95. It might not be for everyone but it works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2007 9:25:00 AM More reviews by shopcheap

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

absolutely love this product. i would pay more for it bcs. of the dual end applicators. at $1, it's really excellent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2007 7:52:00 AM More reviews by adornedwithgrace

I remember looking for clear mascara about a year ago in regular stores, and I was so disappointed that there seemed to be so few, and the ones that were out there seemed overpriced for the type of product. I found one at Target by the brand of Karma (I think it's marketed for preteens) but have not been satisfied with it's performance as much as this e.l.f. one!

First of all, I love the dual sides where it separates brow and eyelashes with corresponding brushes. Also, the formula does seem a lot better and makes a great mascara base as everyone here has said. The other brands seem to "fall flat" but this one holds a curl fairly well. I only bought two of these to start with, but wish I stocked up on a few decades worth!

Best of all, the price is just awesome. No, you may not necessarily get a full tubes worth, but this is already 10x better than the Karma one I paid for that was $3. My best deal I've found so far online (since they do not sell e.l.f. anywhere in my area) is at buybeauty.com where is sells for .99 (S&H has gone up to $3.90) but you can do a Google search for a coupon code for buybeauty and you can get another 10-25% off depending on what they got going. Also, if you're enrolled in Ebates, it's another 12% off. I got this one 15% + 12% off so it was really like paying 73 cents!!! And this product is definitely worth that and then some... continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2007 4:42:00 PM More reviews by ntra

I love this product for my brows. I use to just brush my brows and leave them alone, but since I've been using this product, I've realized how groomed brows can make me look more put together. I use the clear mascara over my usually mascara. I'm not sure if it really does anything for my lashes (i'll have to conduct an experiment or something), but it removes any clumps I might have. The packaging is nice, but it's difficult to get the brushes back in to get more product. It feels like i could snap the brush off if i push too hard.