September 23, 2014 | 946 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2003 5:50:00 AM More reviews by adalane2003

This is absolutely the best eyeliner! I've tried in the past, without much success, to find a quality liner that would not smudge from oily lids and one that would make application easy. This liner definitely acheived the above. No longer do I have to check my eyes in the mirror every hour to wipe away raccoon eyes. The staying power is wonderful: all day, no smudging, no flaking, no funky/unpleasant scent, and very nice jar. Thanks to Bobbi Brown, this portion of my face is now worry-free. Highly recommended for those who have problems with liners that do not live up to the hype or promises. Although the pot may be somewhat small, 0.10 oz, the amount needed for each application is relatively small, so this product will last a very long time. I should also point out that although it is considered a "gel" liner, the actual product is quite thick/smooth (not liquidy) and will not drip or spill when applied. Great Product! Better than Chanel or MAC liners, for those who prefer the higher-end products.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2003 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Girlfixer

This product is awesome! I'm used to liquid eyeliners and how hard they can be to apply sometimes. The gel consistency is awesome, even though it doesn't look like gel. The color is highly pigmented and very dark.

The sales woman at the counter was rude when I told her I didn't want the eyeliner brush because it looked too thick. She told the other sales lady right in front of me that thin brushes don't work right with the eyeliner and that it crusts up and makes the eyeliner "ball up". Whatever, I stuck to by then eyeliner brush and it works perfect.

Highly recommend it!

*Girlfixer*

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2003 10:12:00 AM More reviews by toulon96

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first want to say thank you to all those who reviewed BB's gel eyeliner. With your comments, I was able to confidently buy what I would call the BEST eyeliner anyone ever came up with!!! I think in my lifetime, I have tried over 25 different brands and styles of eyeliner (pencil, liquid, cream, etc)from all different price ranges and I have finally found my dream one-Bobbi Brown is simply the best! I have the oiliest eyelids known to man and from 6:45 am until the time I take it off (usually 7:30 or 8:00 at night) the eyeliner did not budge!!! The only thing users need to get used to is using an eyeliner brush. After you get the hang of it, the stuff is a dream to put on. It's not cakey and does not "chunk" up. Bravo to Bobbi Brown!!!

If you want more proof that this eyeliner is smudgeproof-I was helping my parents move to their new home last weekend and when I turned around and bent down to pick up a box, my dad accidently elbowed my left eye. When I looked in the mirror, the stuff didn't even smear. Talk about an accidental (but great) test!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2003 2:05:00 PM More reviews by michellenichole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is awesome. A little goes a long way, I have had my jar for over a year and use it about 3 times a week. It wears all day, doesn't clump or fade, can look dramatic or subtle - whatever you want! Just make sure to get a good brush, particularly if you want a very fine line (I was not a fan of the bb brush but i know many others love it). And once it is on it's not budging so fix those mistakes quickly!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2003 7:40:00 PM More reviews by AlliRene

The staying power is awesome, and I love the color. It defines, but doesn't look too harsh. The best thing about it is a little goes a LONG way. I've had mine for almost a YEAR and I still have more than half of the product left. It's definitely worth the price, since it pays for itself in the long run.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2003 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Deeny

I LOVE this e/l! Everything smudges on me: waterproof, non-smudge, powerpoint, you name it. This is the closest I can come to a budge-proof liner! It's quite versatile, esp. with the BB liner brush. You can (with practice) manipulate the brush to make a thin, thick line or smudge to your liking. This liner still moves a little on my lower lashes, but it's still by far the best I've ever tried! HG for me!! :D

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2003 5:57:00 PM More reviews by ellen1824

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Why do you all rave about this product so much? Probably because it is AWESOME! I use the MAC eye liner brush to apply it and I can get as thin or as thick of line as I want! The price is a bit high, but it's on a little pot instead of pencil form so it will last me much longer than a week, which pencils normally do. It does smudge on me somewhat.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2003 1:34:00 PM More reviews by b3rg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE the gel eyeliner! the ink stays forever on your eyelids and it does not run like most of my pencil eyeliners do. I use it with my BB ultra-fine e/l brush and the result is excellent! This is my HG eyeliner =)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2003 10:43:00 PM More reviews by ht129

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lasts all day and goes on very smoothly with the Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush. However, I find the color to be very similar to the granite (esp. since I use this eyeliner for defining my eyes close to the lashline). The black color, I suppose, is better for dramatic defining, but the granite is also dark enough for evening. Overall, though, an amazing product. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2003 5:51:00 PM More reviews by mitsubachi

This is a GREAT eyeliner product! I prefer this to my MAC Creme liner which I also reviewed. I use the MAC 311 brush to apply this gel liner to my upper lids. It's a little tricky to get the perfect thin, staight line, but if you use short feathery strokes close to the lash line, it looks close to the perfect line.
Sometimes I like to draw a thick line and smudge it out for a long-lasting smokey eye. Warning: if you need to make any corrections, make it quick. Once this gel sets (about 60 secs), you need to use a waterproof m/u remover to fix your boo-boo, which means you'll mess up the rest of your eye makeup. And if you can fix your eye makeup using an oil-based m/u remover without screwing up your makeup, I bow down to you *bow*

I also have oily lids, and this product has not smeared or disappeared on my lids yet! I'm planning to get the Violet gel liner when I get a chance! continued >>