April 21, 2014 | 1793 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2003 7:40:00 PM More reviews by AlliRene

The staying power is awesome, and I love the color. It defines, but doesn't look too harsh. The best thing about it is a little goes a LONG way. I've had mine for almost a YEAR and I still have more than half of the product left. It's definitely worth the price, since it pays for itself in the long run.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2003 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Deeny

I LOVE this e/l! Everything smudges on me: waterproof, non-smudge, powerpoint, you name it. This is the closest I can come to a budge-proof liner! It's quite versatile, esp. with the BB liner brush. You can (with practice) manipulate the brush to make a thin, thick line or smudge to your liking. This liner still moves a little on my lower lashes, but it's still by far the best I've ever tried! HG for me!! :D

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2003 5:57:00 PM More reviews by ellen1824

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Why do you all rave about this product so much? Probably because it is AWESOME! I use the MAC eye liner brush to apply it and I can get as thin or as thick of line as I want! The price is a bit high, but it's on a little pot instead of pencil form so it will last me much longer than a week, which pencils normally do. It does smudge on me somewhat.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2003 1:34:00 PM More reviews by b3rg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE the gel eyeliner! the ink stays forever on your eyelids and it does not run like most of my pencil eyeliners do. I use it with my BB ultra-fine e/l brush and the result is excellent! This is my HG eyeliner =)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2003 10:43:00 PM More reviews by ht129

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lasts all day and goes on very smoothly with the Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush. However, I find the color to be very similar to the granite (esp. since I use this eyeliner for defining my eyes close to the lashline). The black color, I suppose, is better for dramatic defining, but the granite is also dark enough for evening. Overall, though, an amazing product. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2003 5:51:00 PM More reviews by mitsubachi

This is a GREAT eyeliner product! I prefer this to my MAC Creme liner which I also reviewed. I use the MAC 311 brush to apply this gel liner to my upper lids. It's a little tricky to get the perfect thin, staight line, but if you use short feathery strokes close to the lash line, it looks close to the perfect line.
Sometimes I like to draw a thick line and smudge it out for a long-lasting smokey eye. Warning: if you need to make any corrections, make it quick. Once this gel sets (about 60 secs), you need to use a waterproof m/u remover to fix your boo-boo, which means you'll mess up the rest of your eye makeup. And if you can fix your eye makeup using an oil-based m/u remover without screwing up your makeup, I bow down to you *bow*

I also have oily lids, and this product has not smeared or disappeared on my lids yet! I'm planning to get the Violet gel liner when I get a chance! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2003 2:59:00 PM More reviews by busymommy

Love,love this product,can't live without it!Just bought sepia.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2003 4:11:00 AM More reviews by brandywilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best eyeliners out there! I was looking for a liquid eyeliner to try my hand at the "classic" cat eye look you see everywhere, and was having a rough time with all of them. They smudged, chipped, didn't dry quickly, were awful to use... Then I got this one. It's a little thick, so be careful when coating your brush, but it goes on smooth and easy and when it dries (dries quite quickly), it doesn't move! If you have a q-tip handy you can smudge this after applying it to soften the time making the effect more like a pencil liner. A bit pricey, but I think it'll last a fair while. The only downside I can see, is I've heard it can dry out of not sealed really tightly between uses.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2003 11:51:00 AM More reviews by brianx

Thanks to Bobbi Brown, I no longer need any other eyeliner! (Well, pencil for the inner rims of the eye is an execption) I used to use liquid, but it would always usually come off very easily, and smudge and overall look really gross... And then I finally decided to give this a try. It gives the look of a liquid, is very intense and does really stay put. I usually only use this as a very thin line at the base of the eyelashes, however it can also be used for a variety of looks: very thick and dramatic or demure for daytime. The lasting power is very good. It lasts the whole day with very minute or no sign of it coming off. If you happen to rub your eye, it will come off a bit but overall it is never noticable, since the pigmentation is so intense. I've never used the BB liner brush, but it does seem a little too thick. I use a very thin liner brush (like MAC #210) to apply it and it works the best for me. It gives me the best result. Overall, this is the best liner I have ever used. I recommend it to everyone, and I will never be able to go without this! For the price, you get a lot of product and I think it is fair. One pot will last quite a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2003 9:38:00 AM More reviews by appleqn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Being totally new to eyeliners, I had tried MAC's eye kohls but they smudged after a couple of hours. After reading all the reviews Bobbi Brown got for her gel eyeliners, I decided to give it a try and wasn't disappointed. Apart from the price, everything else about this was great. It lasted the whole day on me without smudging and the color is such an intense black, which I love as I've black hair and really dark eyes. Eye makeup remover is a must to get all of it out properly. By the way, I didn't get the brush that goes with it because quite a few of the reviewers complained that it was too thick and after experimenting at the store, I'd to agree. I tried asking at MAC and the SA said I could try using a lip brush to apply it.