October 23, 2014 | 865 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Baano

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this mask. It's so easy to use and it works. Just mix it with Apple Cider Vinegar and get it to a semi-thick consistency, slap it on and then wash it off in about 5-7 minutes (depending on what season or humidity level)
My pores feel so clean after.
I have sensitive, dry skin, so I can't keep it on long, but this stuff works. It's dirt cheap considering how well it works and how much you get. I like that it's in a tub that you can scoop out with a spoon as opposed to a tube that's pre-mixed and gets wasted at the end of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by ewager17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would definitely buy this product again...however, I don't know that I will need to because you get an absolutely HUGE tub full for around $7. I got this at Super Supplements and mix it with Bragg organic apple cider. You can actually feel this product working. Although it does leave my face a tad red, that quickly subsides and my skin looks amazing. An absolutely amazing buy and so cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by missyjean130

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this for around 7 bucks at my local Super Supplements shop.I mixed it with apple cider vinegar and packed it very thick on my face,like the directions said. It took AGES to dry but when it did,my face was throbbing and pulsating like you wouldn't believe. The results? My skin is super red right now,I just used it for the first time a bit ago. However,my skin is also soft and it does look like it got a bit of the softer junk from my pores.My boyfriend has even better results,he has all these little empty pores on his nose! Looks like he got poked a bunch with a needle and didn't bleed. His face is going to look amazing once the initial irritation subsides. This is an amazing mask! It makes me wonder why other companies put 50 ingredients in their masks when all you really need is pure clay.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 5:41:00 AM More reviews by ahraffarha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought 1lb of this off of vitacost.com for about $7, it's cheaper on Amazon I believe you can get 2 lbs of this for only $7.

I mix it with apple cider vinegar in to a paste. I have been using it for about three weeks, once a week. The very first time I used it I was really pleasantly surprised at how much smaller my pores looked. I do believe it has helped a lot with my blackheads/whiteheads. I don't really have any visible blackheads because I use differin, but for some reason even with witch hazel (which I have been using for months) and differin (retinoid), I haven't been able to really get rid of all my clogged pores. I use mineral makeup too! bismuth-free! Sigh, in any case, this really helps. It does leave my face red afterwards but that subsides within 30 minutes.

Also-side note and it might just be me--but the apple cider vinegar has helped lighten my acne scars (I use differin too, but I've been using it for years so I know that's not it) and I didn't think that only a few spoonfuls once a week for three weeks would make any difference although I believe with green tea it makes a good acne toner--haven't tried that because I have combo/dry skin with eczema so I am sticking with witch hazel.

There is so much product, they claim 1lb will make only 10 facials but I am pretty sure it will make 20+. I have used it 4-5 times and I haven't even gotten past the cap.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by mecalovesmahdi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love, love this mask! It took me a while to get used to the "pulsating" sensation. At first i could only to stand to keep it on for about 2-3 minutes, but after about a month of using it I sometimes sleep in it. It really leaves my acne- prone skin super smooth! I have huge pores, but after using this they are a lot less visible! I also love the way it keeps my skin balanced throughout the day, I'm a lot less oily! I also love the fact that any skin type can use it! It's great, especially for the price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by aquamarine11

I am kind of on the fence about this product. It does sometimes help.....clears up the big, under the skin zits before they get really bad, but others it isn't nearly as effective for. I mixed it with water and green tea, and then bought some Braggs ACV as the directions say to use. Also, if I use it as an all-over mask, it really irritates my skin and leaves red welts on the sensitive areas. So, I only use it to spot-treat. I will re-purchase if I ever have to, the tub is huge! This works best if you really are on top of it and treat the instant you suspect a new zit coming on. I do think it's more effective than Queen Helene MJ mask.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay I was hesitant on trying this product because all it is is bentonite clay in a powder form. All masks that don't come in powder form have other ingrediants like vitamins, and essential oils and things like that so I was wondering why such a basic clay product would work so well...well I researched and bentonite clay when mixed with water becomes electrically charged and it draws out the toxins in the body. Interesting right? Well I had to see for myself so I bought this and mixed it only with water and left it on for about 10 minutes. The whole pulsating thing is kinda true- I could feel some pulsation but I think due to the tightening of my face...anyway I rinsed it off and my skin looked a little smoother but I wanted to see what it looked like overnight so I went to bed and woke up and to my surprise a lot of my acne dried up and my pores looked smaller. So yes this does work as a great mask drawing out all the gunk in your pores even tho it has only one ingredient. I would also like to say that this works even better than Queen Helenes mint julep mask because I didn't see any really great results with that product like I did with this product.

EDIT: I have to add something, I really HATE how this smells, so I add a lot of essentials oils not only for the scent, but also for the healing properties they have, I add 1 drop lavender, 1 drop rosemary and 1 drop peppermint, I also either add fresh lemon juice or ACV. No bad smell and still amazing results! The peppermint is really cooling to me and non irritating but be careful if you do have sensitive skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by winian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

At first I wasn't sure if this stuff was doing me any good, but I think my skin was just purging. I just mix this with water and a little bit of my amazing Faerie Organics mineral spot treatment, then leave it on until it's all dry. I do a thin mask a couple times a week, and a thicker mask less often. I was having a problem with tiny bumps, clogged pores, but I am happy to report that this has really helped to clear them up! I have tried many clay masks over the years, this is by far the best! And for the best price! My skin feels crazy soft after using it, too.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2010 9:16:00 AM More reviews by nebulus

After reading all these rave reviews, I decided to give it a try. My main concern was enlarged pores; I thought this product would suck out all the gunk in my pores so that overtime they will diminish in size. But unfortunately this didn't work out for me. Not only did it dried my skin (gave me a few wrinkles on my forehead even though I am an oily-skinned 20-yr-old), it actually made my pores more apparent--areas that didn't have enlarged pores now have pores. I originally only have pores on my nose, now I can see the pores on the front of my forehead and my whole two cheeks! So beware, it might have an adverse effect on you!
Now I have a whole 1lb left which makes me wonder what to do with it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by fbomb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have very, very oily skin. i was so excited to try this clay mask. its natural, DIRT CHEAP, and you can mix it yourself. mixing it up isn't hard at all. for the best kind of mixture, use half/half of the clay and apple cider vinegar. i don't have sensitive skin, so it didn't make my face red. it dries up so hard that it pulls/stretches your skin so much that it looks like you had a face lift. thats where this "pulsing" sensation is coming from. i'm not a fan of such severe stretching! the results? eh, made me skin soft. thats it. as far as cleaning out blackheads (i'm forever plagued with a strawberry nose; so many blackheads!) nothing really. freeman avocado cucumber clay mask from wal-mart delivers much better results.