Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 10/30/2010 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Wow, dirt cheap, highly effective and easily adaptable to all skin types. I mainly use this on my chin and nose where I am oily and get blackheads/Whiteheads. I do an allover mask once a week. I mix 2 Tablespoons of clay, 2 tablespoons of Braggs ACV and 1 tablespoon of water and mix with non-metal utensils (Metal will make it less affective). Bentonite clay has been used for centuries to remove Toxins and impurities from the body. You can also ingest it for stomach/Digestive issues and for internal healing. It's not only great for clogged pores, acne, blackheads but also great for spider bites, poison ivy, chicken pox (Use in a bath), snake bites, wounds and I have even seen it used on psoriasis patients. It's awesome stuff from nature.

I started using Bentonite clay internally for ulcers and it healed them within a matter of a week. I don't take this brand internally, I buy clay from Mountain Rose herbs that comes from Wyoming. But I do use the Aztec for my face. For those gals with acne, hormonal or otherwisde, this mask if used correctly can heal your face, draw out oil and clogged pores, smooth out the texture of your skin. I do suggest that those with very sensitive skin be careful. the pulling action of Bentonite can almost hurt. you will be red afterward for about an hour.

For Sensitive Skin- 2 Tbsp clay, 1 tbsp of Glycerin, 1 or 2 tbsp of distilled water. Glycerin is very soothing to red, irrited or rosacea prone faces.

For normal skin- I would use the Clay with just the ACV. You can add essential oils but many times these oils add to irritation. If you want to add a bit of moisture to this I suggest a little bit of olive oil or sweet almond oil.

For acne- Clay and Acv are wonderful for acne. I do suggest if you have irritated acne to be carefull with the ACV. ACV can burn the skin in areas that have clusters of acne. So do a test patch area. I suggest adding Manuka honey to the mask or tea tree oil. Manuka honey is 100 times more antibacterial than tea tree and less irritating. It will also moisturize a bit and smooth out red marks.Calendula is also great if you have inflamed acne. It will calm it down and reduce redness.

And the secret to removing this stuff, is to apply it in a light layer to begin with, it does not have to be thick to work. Just even coverage. Wait until after it pulsates a bit and dries and then jump in the shower. Let the hot water wash over your face, it will moisten and loosen the clay for much easier removal. Wash with a gentle cleanser, I then tone with Colloidial copper spray or witch hazel and then moisturize. My skin is as soft as a baby's.

on 10/27/2010 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is simply the most effective mask I have ever used, it works so well for my acne-prone skin, HG!!! it really just pulsates and it feels like it's sucking all the bad stuff out underneath the skin. Definitely recommend it for people with acne. I will certainly repurchase even though there is so much product and it will last me a long time.

on 10/26/2010 8:12:00 PM

This is the best mask ever. Why? Because you can make it into any type of mask you want depending on your mood or need. You can simply add tap water, which is great for people who have sensitive skin or just don't like chemical fragrances that are in most commercial masks. I like to mix the bentonite powder with green tea or apple cider vinegar or turmeric, sometimes I add honey or jojoba or even aspirin.

UPDATE 9/24/11: Still using this several times a month. My favorite mix is this, some melted raw organic honey, some green tea and some turmeric. It's great. I've started experimenting with other clays too, like French Green Clay and some others, but I still love this one.

on 10/23/2010 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

A very good cleansing mask. I thought that it wouldnt pulsate, and people were exaggerating in their reviews - but it does! I didnt measure anything - just mixed half vineagar and a bit of water until it had a creamy consistency. The first time I applied, I used lots of it, and it dried very hard and was difficult to remove. The second time, I did a thinner application, it worked just as well, and rinsed off much easier.

I have been a faithful user of Queen Helene Mint Julep and Mud Mask - this will be added to the aresenal too. For those wanting to step up the suckling action, this is your pick. I also like that it will last forever - and you can customize your formulations to add more moisture/cleansing action with different ingredients.

on 10/22/2010 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

A little goes a long way with this product! One tablespoon is actually too much for the whole face so I keep it at half a tablespoon and then mix it with milk. I haven't tried mixing it with ACV yet but milk does a good job making my skin moisturized. It also makes my skin clearer. My only problem is that when the mask starts to dry up, it becomes itchy unlike other masks. Sometimes it gets too itchy, I wash it off before the rest of the mask dries up.

Edit: I am not sure if this one caused my recent breakouts. It's the only 'new' product I used on my face but once my face clears up, I might give it another try- just to make sure.

Edit: Gave this one more try and yes, INSTANT BREAKOUTS! Yikes! I'm switching back to Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. It calmed my skin quickly after the breakouts from Aztec Indian Healing clay. I'm sad hat this highly-rated product didn't work for me.

on 10/17/2010 12:33:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love holistic products, esp the ones that work. This is fantastic!!! I mix it with Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar (another fantastic product). ACV makes it easier to mix and to apply. I also believe I got better results with ACV vs plain water. Mixing and applying with plain water was much more difficult. After I wash it off, my skin is a little pink but goes away quickly leaving smooth/clear skin. It totally helps with clearing clogged pores/blackheads/blemishs and leaves the very skin soft. Make sure to follow the instructions...I mix in a small glass bowl using a plastic spoon or fork. I believe this to be the BEST facial mask out there and you certainly can't beat the price. I also love evanhealy masks. Though I believe her clay masks are excellent and reasonably priced, you get more bang for you buck with Aztec Indian Healing Clay.

on 10/15/2010 2:37:00 PM

hello..does anyone knows where to buy this stuff??
i live in canada tho..thanks :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I only use it with water, and let it sit till it dries.

I have a solution for people who don't want to use ACV but want a smooth application. I mix up a lot of this solution at one time - and just use it as I need it as a more liquid mask, then mix up some more. This is going to sound weird, but bear with me.

I use a small glass jar with a water proof lid. I put in the powder and add more water than I need. I usually make the water super-hot, though I don't know if this makes a difference. Then I shake the jar reallly well, and let it sit - for a day at least. The water absorbs into the clay and makes a mud. Just like in your front yard when it's rained for several days. Pour off any excess water that may sit on top of your mud, and you will have a super-smooth, silky application of just aztec clay and water that you can use multiple times before making another batch.

on 9/30/2010 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I have been using this clay as a mask off and on for at least ten years. It definitely gets the job done. I came check out the reviews today because I am considering using it as part of my MU routine to deal with my extreme oiliness (any suggestions?).

However, I'm reading some of the reviews with people giving their recipes for use and I want to caution first time users to think twice about using them. The clay itself is very strong and it can strip the skin when just used with water. That doesn't always happen but if you have never used it and haven't figured out how long to leave it on for the best results and comfort level, you could easily experience redness and irritation. Using just water limits the possibility of harsh reactions.

The side of package does suggest adding ACV and I have done that plenty of times. It works well. But along with removing toxins and debris, the mask exfoliates skin and adding ACV increases that effect. Including essential oils may cause even more discomfort.

I'm not saying not to use them but remember YMMV and just ease into it. The clay will work no matter what you mix with it. In addition to AVC and water, I have used turmeric (great anti-oxidant, anti-irritant), honey, yogurt, eggs, neem powder (excellent antiseptic, anti-bacterial), grapeseed oil and maybe one or two other things. Each has given me the results I was looking for. But I started slowly with just water and worked up.

on 9/29/2010 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

after i read all the good review, i bought and tried this.
hmmm... i don't see different that much. little bit smoother?? i don't know.

good : very mild and not irritating compared with other products out there.

bad: not that effective, mixing , applying , washing out, very much Cumbersome!!!

overall, it broke me out, so..2 luppies