MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

4.4

on 2/23/2010 12:02:00 AM

Love this shade. When I first saw it, I thought it was comparable to Urban Decay's Sin eyeshadow (now also their Sin primer potion), but it is actually a touch darker, if in the same colour family. All that Glitters is definitely a much more subtle All-Over-Lid-Colour than Sin and much more blendable. I wear it on days when I don't want to overdo my makeup. It does its job, for sure.

on 2/22/2010 8:29:00 PM

I bought ATG for the purpose of an all-over-eyelids colour and, will review based on that purpose, as I dont usually use a shimmery eyeshadow on my brow bone.

To be very honest, I hate to ruin the rating of ATG, but I really dont understand all the hypes over this eyeshadow, it is nice and all, but I much prefer MAC Naked Lunch/Sugar Shot, Stila Kitten and Urban Decay Maui Waui/Midnight Cowboy on the eyelids to brighten my brown eyes.

On its own, it does brighten my eyes somewhat but it does not last beyond lunchtime, if I apply it over a primer (UDPP, or painterly), somehow the 'glitters' on ATG will just disappear, leaving me with just a plain, almost nothing colour on my eyelids.

Despite all the hypes of owning ATG, I do not think I like it enough to have it occupy a space in my already bursting makeup drawer and so it is up for swap.

on 2/21/2010 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

As a new user of MAC (New meaning a lil over a year) this was my first shadow. I have used this color the most, and I truly love it. I wear it 4/7 days of the week and It is the perfect lid color. It goes with everything. LOVE IT!

on 2/20/2010 2:34:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I have been wearing MAC eyeshadows for years and for some reason I never bought this color. I thought it resembled other highlight shades that I had already. Then I watched some youtube makeup application videos and they keep on raving about this shade. Finally, I went to the MAC counter and swatched it and realized how pretty it was! I use it very often because it is a flattering eyeshadow shade for me (medium/olive/gold tone skin, green eyes, light brown hair with golden highlights).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really like this. But, I think it only looks good on medium/tan skin. I wouldn't buy this again, because it is a lot for a very small amount of make up. I love the color, but everything else isn't that great.

I lovelovelove MAC. But, All That Glitters was kind-of a dissapointment to me. It looks wonderful if you swap it on to the back of your hand, but once I put it on my crease or my lid, it looks almost like this red-ish color. I'm not sure why it is like this, or if anyone has a problem with their All that Glitters, but if you do have this problem, comment below?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am in love with this eyeshadow! It is definately a must have in anybody's makeup collection. If you are reading this and you don't have this eyeshadow and you are debating on whether to get it or not, go get it! I am almost positive yo will love it.

on 2/14/2010 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

If it were for my addiction to the MAC eye shadow Vex, this one would be my all time fave! It is pretty, gold, but natural- not gaudy and it looks great with either the Dipdown or Rich Ground Fluid Liner (the best eyeliners in the world!) I am very lazy with eyeshadow so don't usually contour with darker shades, but this one looks great on its own. I have smallish eyes- so for some of your beautiful babes out there with wonderous windows to the soul, you will be beautiful in this. Works well for all skin tones- and especially in summer for that barely there look!

on 2/12/2010 8:39:00 AM

As an ivory-skinned lady, it's tough finding eyeshadow colors that don't go orange or pink on me, giving my eyelids a look reminiscent of irritated redness, which is not attractive! Unfortunately, All That Glitters does just that. Someone asked me if I had been rubbing my eyes when I wore this eyeshadow, hah.
I think because it's a warm pink that's darker than my skin, it just clashes badly with my cool undertones. Another fair blue-eyed reviewer said the same thing about this color. It's a shame because it looks so pretty in the pan. I bet darker toned ladies would look great in this shimmery rosy shade. Pale people should definitely try before buying!

on 2/12/2010 8:13:00 AM

I find it to be too red/orange which makes me look tired and sick! This is a general problem for me with especially browns. Everytime I go to a MAC counter and ask for colors and mention my problem (even when I had a makeover done) they ALWAYS choose this color to match my blue/green eyes along with other warm tones. When I tell them that it doesn't work for me they are shocked and don't know what to say! It came to a point where I thought that I just couldn't wear makeup at all and I never understood how come I could wear it better as a teenager when I had NO clue about makeup and now in my 20s it looked worse after learning all the tricks!?? It turns out, they have been misleading me all the time! I had to find out on beauty blogs that a fair skinned girl with cool undertones often can't use colours that are warm (like this one!) but instead I have to look for colours with cool undertones! Nobody told me that and now I feel so stupid, all this time hunting warm colors! If you have the same problem, maybe that is the reason why this doesn't work..it's not only a matter of finding a color that brings out your eyecolour! I also find it a little too glittery for my lids, it makes them look like elephant skin though I haven't got any wrinkles. It might work for some people though, the color in itself is nice. I would not buy this again.

Top Rated MAC Products