January 26, 2015 | 1850 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by sunshinelaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As an ivory-skinned lady, it's tough finding eyeshadow colors that don't go orange or pink on me, giving my eyelids a look reminiscent of irritated redness, which is not attractive! Unfortunately, All That Glitters does just that. Someone asked me if I had been rubbing my eyes when I wore this eyeshadow, hah.
I think because it's a warm pink that's darker than my skin, it just clashes badly with my cool undertones. Another fair blue-eyed reviewer said the same thing about this color. It's a shame because it looks so pretty in the pan. I bet darker toned ladies would look great in this shimmery rosy shade. Pale people should definitely try before buying!

19 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 8:13:00 AM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find it to be too red/orange which makes me look tired and sick! This is a general problem for me with especially browns. Everytime I go to a MAC counter and ask for colors and mention my problem (even when I had a makeover done) they ALWAYS choose this color to match my blue/green eyes along with other warm tones. When I tell them that it doesn't work for me they are shocked and don't know what to say! It came to a point where I thought that I just couldn't wear makeup at all and I never understood how come I could wear it better as a teenager when I had NO clue about makeup and now in my 20s it looked worse after learning all the tricks!?? It turns out, they have been misleading me all the time! I had to find out on beauty blogs that a fair skinned girl with cool undertones often can't use colours that are warm (like this one!) but instead I have to look for colours with cool undertones! Nobody told me that and now I feel so stupid, all this time hunting warm colors! If you have the same problem, maybe that is the reason why this doesn't work..it's not only a matter of finding a color that brings out your eyecolour! I also find it a little too glittery for my lids, it makes them look like elephant skin though I haven't got any wrinkles. It might work for some people though, the color in itself is nice. I would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

love this shade! it's a great neutral and everyday shade. gives just enough sparkle to wear as a highlighter or all over shade. one of my favorite MAC colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by xxmakeupxx725

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think it's a fantastic neutral everyday color. I hear MAC was discontinuing it!?! I don't know. Put a primer all ove the lid, then this all over the lid, and a nice medium brown color in the crease (I use MAC's Swiss Chocolate). Matte shades work with this really really well, since it's shimmery, and when they mix, it creates a gorgeous finish. It's very very pigmented. You get a lot of product. The price, as with all MAC products, is kind of expensive, but it's worth it. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 1:28:00 PM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beautiful, ripe peach with gold, great for any occasion can be dressed up or played down. I love the soft texture that glides on like a dream. Will repurchase for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

This is a beautiful color as a base or by itself. I use it as part of a smoky eye or just alone when I don't feel like doing a full eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by amandamaerz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this color. Great for everday!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by ValerieHeartsMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i personally love this color, if i am just going out and about on a day i would like to have just a little amount of color then i grab this, i think that this color looks good on people all ages,

GREAT COLOR!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by sunkissedgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Another MAC e/s I bought based on the hype. I neither like or dislike this e/s. For neutral shimmer e/s I much prefer MAC Woodwinked, and for a highlight I much prefer MAC Naked Lunch. ATG just doesn't do much for me at all...I can't pinpoint it...maybe it will work better for blue-eyed gals?? Without question, MAC eyeshadows are the best out there as far as quality and color selection. ATG just isn't a favorite of mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by 209grl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this eyeshadow for years, i love the color it's a beigy-bronze on my skin, and i love how the color makes my lids shimmery but it doesn't have chunks of glitter that fall on my cheeks like some other eyeshadow brands. overall this is one of the best eyeshadows i own and would def reccommend it . i did read the other lighter skin reviewers saying it was a little to pink, but i dont have that problem - my skin is olive tone so it works good with my skin color...;-)