MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am in love with this eyeshadow! It is definately a must have in anybody's makeup collection. If you are reading this and you don't have this eyeshadow and you are debating on whether to get it or not, go get it! I am almost positive yo will love it.

on 2/14/2010 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

If it were for my addiction to the MAC eye shadow Vex, this one would be my all time fave! It is pretty, gold, but natural- not gaudy and it looks great with either the Dipdown or Rich Ground Fluid Liner (the best eyeliners in the world!) I am very lazy with eyeshadow so don't usually contour with darker shades, but this one looks great on its own. I have smallish eyes- so for some of your beautiful babes out there with wonderous windows to the soul, you will be beautiful in this. Works well for all skin tones- and especially in summer for that barely there look!

on 2/12/2010 8:39:00 AM

As an ivory-skinned lady, it's tough finding eyeshadow colors that don't go orange or pink on me, giving my eyelids a look reminiscent of irritated redness, which is not attractive! Unfortunately, All That Glitters does just that. Someone asked me if I had been rubbing my eyes when I wore this eyeshadow, hah.
I think because it's a warm pink that's darker than my skin, it just clashes badly with my cool undertones. Another fair blue-eyed reviewer said the same thing about this color. It's a shame because it looks so pretty in the pan. I bet darker toned ladies would look great in this shimmery rosy shade. Pale people should definitely try before buying!

on 2/12/2010 8:13:00 AM

I find it to be too red/orange which makes me look tired and sick! This is a general problem for me with especially browns. Everytime I go to a MAC counter and ask for colors and mention my problem (even when I had a makeover done) they ALWAYS choose this color to match my blue/green eyes along with other warm tones. When I tell them that it doesn't work for me they are shocked and don't know what to say! It came to a point where I thought that I just couldn't wear makeup at all and I never understood how come I could wear it better as a teenager when I had NO clue about makeup and now in my 20s it looked worse after learning all the tricks!?? It turns out, they have been misleading me all the time! I had to find out on beauty blogs that a fair skinned girl with cool undertones often can't use colours that are warm (like this one!) but instead I have to look for colours with cool undertones! Nobody told me that and now I feel so stupid, all this time hunting warm colors! If you have the same problem, maybe that is the reason why this doesn't work..it's not only a matter of finding a color that brings out your eyecolour! I also find it a little too glittery for my lids, it makes them look like elephant skin though I haven't got any wrinkles. It might work for some people though, the color in itself is nice. I would not buy this again.

on 2/9/2010 5:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

love this shade! it's a great neutral and everyday shade. gives just enough sparkle to wear as a highlighter or all over shade. one of my favorite MAC colors.

I think it's a fantastic neutral everyday color. I hear MAC was discontinuing it!?! I don't know. Put a primer all ove the lid, then this all over the lid, and a nice medium brown color in the crease (I use MAC's Swiss Chocolate). Matte shades work with this really really well, since it's shimmery, and when they mix, it creates a gorgeous finish. It's very very pigmented. You get a lot of product. The price, as with all MAC products, is kind of expensive, but it's worth it. :)

Beautiful, ripe peach with gold, great for any occasion can be dressed up or played down. I love the soft texture that glides on like a dream. Will repurchase for sure.

on 2/8/2010 10:27:00 PM

This is a beautiful color as a base or by itself. I use it as part of a smoky eye or just alone when I don't feel like doing a full eye.

on 2/8/2010 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love, love, love this color. Great for everday!!!

i personally love this color, if i am just going out and about on a day i would like to have just a little amount of color then i grab this, i think that this color looks good on people all ages,

GREAT COLOR!!!!