MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

A little bit goes a long way with this one on me, 1) because its super pigmented, and 2) because if i use even the SLIGHTEST bit too much, it tends to look a little orangey, which looks kinda gross on me. Otherwise, this shadow is awesome. I've been wearing it with Mulch in the crease/outer corner and I'm loving how easily it blends! It's a veluxe pearl finish, (which, fyi, I think might be my favorite ever :)) and it has a lot of gold shimmer in it. I selected "no" for repurchase just because I can't use a lot in one sitting so I think I'll have this one around for a long time!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Yuck. This looks orange on me and I don't like orange eyeshadow.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this recently as i'm trying to get more neutral shades. I got this to wear as an all over the lid color, and I fell in love when I went to my MAC counter to swatch it. It's a beautiful shimmer everyday color that looks perfect paired with almost any color. I use this with Cover Girls Tapestry Taupe as a crease color. When I run out of this shade, i'll definitely repurchase.

This was one of the first MAC shadows I ever bought, and I've been very happy with it. I wear it with browns & reds, even purple and it looks great... and worn alone, it gives my eyes a bit of color & a little shimmer and lasts almost all day. Great staple color for me!

Love this shade. When I first saw it, I thought it was comparable to Urban Decay's Sin eyeshadow (now also their Sin primer potion), but it is actually a touch darker, if in the same colour family. All that Glitters is definitely a much more subtle All-Over-Lid-Colour than Sin and much more blendable. I wear it on days when I don't want to overdo my makeup. It does its job, for sure.

I bought ATG for the purpose of an all-over-eyelids colour and, will review based on that purpose, as I dont usually use a shimmery eyeshadow on my brow bone.

To be very honest, I hate to ruin the rating of ATG, but I really dont understand all the hypes over this eyeshadow, it is nice and all, but I much prefer MAC Naked Lunch/Sugar Shot, Stila Kitten and Urban Decay Maui Waui/Midnight Cowboy on the eyelids to brighten my brown eyes.

On its own, it does brighten my eyes somewhat but it does not last beyond lunchtime, if I apply it over a primer (UDPP, or painterly), somehow the 'glitters' on ATG will just disappear, leaving me with just a plain, almost nothing colour on my eyelids.

Despite all the hypes of owning ATG, I do not think I like it enough to have it occupy a space in my already bursting makeup drawer and so it is up for swap.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

As a new user of MAC (New meaning a lil over a year) this was my first shadow. I have used this color the most, and I truly love it. I wear it 4/7 days of the week and It is the perfect lid color. It goes with everything. LOVE IT!

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I have been wearing MAC eyeshadows for years and for some reason I never bought this color. I thought it resembled other highlight shades that I had already. Then I watched some youtube makeup application videos and they keep on raving about this shade. Finally, I went to the MAC counter and swatched it and realized how pretty it was! I use it very often because it is a flattering eyeshadow shade for me (medium/olive/gold tone skin, green eyes, light brown hair with golden highlights).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really like this. But, I think it only looks good on medium/tan skin. I wouldn't buy this again, because it is a lot for a very small amount of make up. I love the color, but everything else isn't that great.

I lovelovelove MAC. But, All That Glitters was kind-of a dissapointment to me. It looks wonderful if you swap it on to the back of your hand, but once I put it on my crease or my lid, it looks almost like this red-ish color. I'm not sure why it is like this, or if anyone has a problem with their All that Glitters, but if you do have this problem, comment below?

Top Rated MAC Products