Ardell Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/13/2006 9:25:00 AM

Ok, it's been three weeks and I can honestly say, this stuff WORKS! I have thin, sparse asian lashes and brows and the Lash Growth Accelerator has most definitely filled out my brows and my lashes are slowly filling in too! I find it best apply the Accelerator as directed (with the brush) and then put a little on your pinky and then rub some into the roots of your lashes. This stuff is wonderful!

on 1/8/2006 8:10:00 AM

Did more for my lashes in one month than Mavala Double Lash did in 1 year!!

I no longer use Mascara. I use this in a.m. and p.m. It makes my lashes look healthy and glossy. No caking or flaking like the Mavala.
It is so cheap, everyone should at least try it!

on 12/30/2005 10:33:00 PM

Filled in a long-time bald patch on my eyebrow--'nuf said! Why pay 7 times as much for Talika when this works great?

on 12/5/2005 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this faithfully for 2 weeks. Im not sure if my eyelashes have grown but my eyebrows have definately grown some. The end of my eyebrows were thin and bald in some spots from over plucking and after using this morning and night for 2 weeks the bald spots have grown in & my eyebrows now look "bushy". I simply brush the gel on but for the bald spots I get a little glob of product and put it directly on the spot and let it dry. Wonderful product for the money. I do not like using this as an eyelash primer because my lashes seem to stick together and get clumpy when I put mascara on after this dries but my lashes are softer now. I will add at first I could smell the lemonish scent but after using it for 2 weeks I dont even notice anymore. I highly recommend this even as a replacement to clear mascara (this shows up better) I will be repurchasing and updating my review later on

on 11/29/2005 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I've held off reviewing the Lash Accelerator until I had used it for almost a month. But I give it high marks. I've even returned a brand-new, unused Talika Lipocils back to Sephora. I don't need it anymore. The Ardell ($3.99 at CVS) does everything and more. I use it both at night after cleansing and in the morning as an eyelash primer prior to mascara. Unfortunately, my lashes are very white blonde so I don't get to use the Ardell as a clear mascara like others though I can see that it would be excellent as just that. I think I'm going to ask Santa to pop a couple of backup tubes in my stocking. ;) INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract, Panthenol, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin

UPDATE (January 2007): It was brought to me attention that the 4th ingredient is teflon, a known toxic substance and I have since quit using it. I now use Castor Oil on my lashes at night and have restarted using Talika Lipocils conditoner in the AM prior to my mascara. I'm very pleased with my results. continued >>

on 11/26/2005 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I still can't believe that this works! I have pretty sparse eyebrows from overplucking back in middle school and have been using Rogaine for 6 months with very minimal results. Almost 3 weeks ago I decided to try this and my eyebrows are getting fuller and I don't even have to use an eyebrow pencil anymore! I also apply this on my eyelashes every night and they seem less clumpy when I put on mascara, but I don't see a visible thickness to them yet. I paid $3.50 for this at Ulta and am definitely going to stock up on these!

on 9/24/2005 12:36:00 AM

OMG! This product actually works! I purchased it about two weeks ago, have been using it faithfully everyday, and have noticed that my lashes are looking fuller, longer and glossier. I was skeptical when I first purchased it because I thought to myself "If this product worked, there would be raves for it on MUA", but I was soooo wrong. I know that I can't be imagining this because I was always wishing I had a fuller lashline, and after the first week, I noticed little hairs spurting up! Not only that, I used to lose at least two eyelashes everyday, but since using Ardell, I haven't noticed losing any. I apply it after getting out of the shower after my lashes have dried (making sure I wiggle the wand all the way down to the lashline base), then once Ardell has dried, I curl my lashes (it doesn't stick to the curler) and it looks just like a clear mascara. I would definitely repurchase this amazing product; I got it at Ulta for $6.

on 9/23/2005 8:13:00 PM

I've been using this Ardell on my previously sparse eyelashes and brows for almost 3 weeks now and I must admit, by the 10th day, I was impressed. I actually use Lucia Essence (lash & brow treatment) first and once it's dry, which is about 5 min. later, I apply the Ardell as my mascara. Once the Ardell dries, I curl my lashes with my revlon traditional curler. The curl holds all day, and my lashes after 10 days use, look more beautiful and fuller than they ever have with regular mascara. I think it's contributed to the "cocktail" I use... Lucia/Ardell. I purchased Ardell from CVS, and Lucia Essence from Ebay after reading "rave" reviews on the EDS Forum (Essential Day Spa)... if you want to read on it, type "Long, beautiful lashes" in the search field. The Ardell darkened my brows and lashes a bit and also helped them thicken. My lashes have actually doubled with these lash/brow growth serums. I trimmed my lashes about 10 days ago so that they would grow evenly, and now the length is back, plus, my lashes are getting fuller/thicker/longer. Oh, I almost forgot... I used to have to pencil in my eyebrows because or baldish areas. Now, I don't have to anymore. My brows are filling in nicely. I'm very happy with this product in combination with the Lucia.

on 8/16/2005 10:19:00 AM

I have very sparse, fine, short ones and they've recently become a bit more numerous due to diligent use of lash conditioners, etc. I use Mavala Double Lash at night in conjunction with jojoba oil and Avon Beyond Color Triple Benefit Lash Conditioner since the latter is too obvious on my lashes to use during the day. I use this during the day under my mascara (which is waterproof--bad for lashes). The Ardell alone probably will not lead to any noticeable growth, but works fine to lightly condition eyelashes and maybe provide some sort of barrier between them and the mascara. It might work as a kind of clear mascara for people with thicker, lusher eyelashes than mine, but I wouldn't count on it for that. It's very cheap (around 3 USD at the drugstore), comes in a tube with a mascara wand applicator (a big, bushy one which does a better job at coating lashes evenly than the Avon or Mavala, BTW). There's a slight, glue-y scent, but it's not strong or bothersome. I've not noticed any weird side effects from using this (I wear contact lenses) and it doesn't de-curl my lashes or mess up my mascara. May be worth a try if you're in the market for a cheap lash conditioner.

ETA: This does hold a curl pretty well, but if you have fine, fine lashes like me, then you need to brush this on first, allow it to dry, then curl. Seems to make mascara go on smoother and I like using something that's supposed to help my lashes beneath something that kinda hurts them. Maybe it cancels out? continued >>

on 7/25/2005 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The full name of this product is "ARDELL LASH & BROW GROWTH ACCELERATOR," but that wouldn't fit in the product line so I abbreviated it as best I could...now let's get down to business: I tint my own lashes with a DIY lash tint kit in blue/black and I use three different lash conditioner/growth products (Starlash, DreamLash and the Ardell). In the past, Iíve also used Talika Lipocils and Mavala Eyelite Doublelash eyelash growth serums, so this isnít my first foray into those types of products. My eyelashes are getting so dense and lush Ė not to mention longer Ė that they are actually getting tangled up when I try to apply any type of mascara or lash treatment so that I actually have to use the metal Sonia K. lash comb both before and *after* I apply them! Golly, what a terrible problem to have.... nanny, nanny, boo-boo: my eyelashes are longer than yourís are!! The trouble is, I donít know which one of the three is responsible for it, or if itís a combination of all of them. But I donít want to stop using any one of them to try and find out.

Anyway, the combination of my longer, lusher lashes, and the glossy colored results I get from the DIY kit means that I no longer feel the need to wear a traditional mascara during the day. Iíve been searching for a clear mascara that will impart a look of glossiness, for a completely natural look.

Believe it or not, the best product that I have found for this is Ardell's Lash Growth Accelerator which isn't even a mascara, but a lash conditioner that is supposed to encourage growth. I've found that this stuff actually gives my bare lashes some definition (for the "natural, daytime look") and it also holds a curl all day with one of those traditional clamp-type lash curlers, so that's what I've been using the last few days and so far I'm very pleased!

This product clear, but it somehow defines the lashes and Ė I know this is my imagination because it doesnít contain any ingredients that would do this Ė I swear it also makes my lashes look a bit longer. Itís the damnedest thing, really, because this stuff actually gives me the natural and healthy, but still defined, look that Iíve always wanted from a traditional mascara. Itís also a lash conditioner, so itís going to give them moisture. And so long as you donít apply anything on top of the Ardell, this stuff holds the curl all day long, regardless of whether you use a crimp-type lash curler or a heated lash curler. In my opinion, this stuff out-performs any ďprestigeĒ brand of mascara or lash conditioner that is on the market regardless of whether youíre talking $5 or $150. Iíve also used the Lamas Lash Masque myself, and although I liked it well enough, the Ardell blows it out of the water! The fact that this stuff costs less than five bucks makes it all the more remarkable. Ulta stores and most CVS Pharmacy locations have this stuff in stock, youíll find it in the aisle/area where they sell the false eyelashes and false eyelash adhesives and the like. Personally, Iíve cleaned out two Ulta stores and one CVS of their Ardell, but I imagine you can find it at the other locations that I havenít visited yet!! ;) *** ETA: I want to clarify one thing: the Ardell holds the curl in my lashes all day, but only if I do not apply any other product or mascara on top of the Ardell. If I use the Ardell as a lash "primer," then apply some brand of mascara over it, then the curl in my lashes (from a traditional crimp-type curler) goes limp within minutes. Fortunately, IMHO, I don't need to apply any kind of mascara on top of the Ardell because my lashes look just great without it! *** Bottom line: this stuff is fantabulous because it can do double-duty as a lash conditioner/growth serum and as a clear mascara. The lemming-master says you must rush out and buy this now!! ETA: Just to clarify, when I say that the Ardell will hold a curl all day long, what I meant is that I first apply the Ardell, wait for it to dry, then give my lashes a clamp-squeeze with my little Luxor Go-Curl curler and Iím good to go for the rest of the day. If youíre a fan of the clear mascara-look, you seriously need to try this stuff!

Popular Lash Treatments