October 31, 2014 | 1647 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2004 1:52:00 PM More reviews by evergreenmakeupluver

Okay...I really like this stuff (I have naturally WAVY hair that tends to friz). BUT!!!! One day I was putting it on at work (YES, I blow dry my hair at work) and a supervisor from another office said "Smells like BUG SPRAY in here!" OMG - total embarrassment!!I won't use this product again until they change the scent!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2004 10:33:00 AM More reviews by medeia13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair is thick and hard to control, so the results are inconsistent. Some days it works, but on very humid days, this doesn't make a dent on my frizzies.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2004 9:12:00 PM More reviews by veronique2046

Great Product! I have been using this for about a month and don't know what I'd do without it. It kills frizzies and helps tame my often unruly curls. I also like to put a little on my hair after I flat iron it. It does contain alcohol but hasn't dried my hair out in any way. It can be put in both wet and dry hair, though I prefer on dry hair. It's a very light almost watery product that my hair can soak up without looking greasy.

My only complaint is that I wish you got more in a bottle (currenly 5.1 Fl oz) because I run though it like crazy, but I really like the pump bottle - 3 squirts is enough for my long, very thick hair. It does have a *slight* "chemically" smell (probably due to the alcohol) but it does fade very fast.

All in all a great drugstore product, and for less than $4 it's definitely worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2004 2:29:00 PM More reviews by oneofthetriangle

I love this!! It's very very hard to over do it, it's really light but works sooo great. The scent is okay, could be better, but not a bad scent like many others. And it lasted about 4 months for me, and that's using about 1-2 pumps daily. It's amazing. I straighten my hair every day, and it works every time. I end up with smooth and sleek hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2004 8:47:00 PM More reviews by LucySnow

This is cheapest straightening serum I've ever tried - and it works just as well or better than more expensive brands. I love the fruity smell too. I use 3-4 pumps on towel dried hair and voilą - shiny, frizz-free, straight hair. Works better for blow drying than air drying. The one negative thing about it is that it gets a bit sticky over the course of the day.

Update, 16/04/2007: I still use this serum, but over extended use I've found that it's a little drying. Also, although it creates a sleek blow-out as advertised, the effects just don't hold up over the course of the day in very humid weather. Also makes my hair a bit limp. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2004 2:00:00 PM More reviews by stellina

See my other reviews of the entire line, along with the styling milk. This may be the perfect serum, & I've tried just about all of them. Not too thick & heavy (like Frieda) but not too think that it doesn't work. I mixed this with the Garnier styling milk & was rewarded with incredibly soft, smooth hair that hasn't budged an inch all day. I used to have to wait for my annual trip to Europe to find Garnier, but thankfully no more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2004 3:15:00 PM More reviews by LilShortie

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What frizz? My usually highly frizzy hair is smooth and soft! Yay!

The smell wasn't too great IMO at first, but once my hair dries, i could just sniff it all day long, yum!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2004 5:34:00 PM More reviews by pjtipsy4

Makes my coarse thick dry hair sleek and shiny!!! BUY IT!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2004 4:47:00 PM More reviews by hairprincess01

I used this for the first time today, and I think its going to become one of my favs. I needed a change from all the heavy aveda stuff that I have been using, and this looks like this may be my answer. The really cool thing is that you can mix this with some many differnt products,and its so cheap!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2004 11:50:00 AM More reviews by vanity68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is amazing...I love it..not greasy..very light and smells fantastic..I am almost through my first bottle. Will I repurchase? You betcha!!

Update: This serum is the best I have ever used! I love it and you can't overdo..doesn't get greasy..so light..a HG for sure!