April 16, 2014 | 1898 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2004 2:29:00 PM More reviews by oneofthetriangle

I love this!! It's very very hard to over do it, it's really light but works sooo great. The scent is okay, could be better, but not a bad scent like many others. And it lasted about 4 months for me, and that's using about 1-2 pumps daily. It's amazing. I straighten my hair every day, and it works every time. I end up with smooth and sleek hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2004 8:47:00 PM More reviews by LucySnow

This is cheapest straightening serum I've ever tried - and it works just as well or better than more expensive brands. I love the fruity smell too. I use 3-4 pumps on towel dried hair and voilą - shiny, frizz-free, straight hair. Works better for blow drying than air drying. The one negative thing about it is that it gets a bit sticky over the course of the day.

Update, 16/04/2007: I still use this serum, but over extended use I've found that it's a little drying. Also, although it creates a sleek blow-out as advertised, the effects just don't hold up over the course of the day in very humid weather. Also makes my hair a bit limp. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2004 2:00:00 PM More reviews by stellina

See my other reviews of the entire line, along with the styling milk. This may be the perfect serum, & I've tried just about all of them. Not too thick & heavy (like Frieda) but not too think that it doesn't work. I mixed this with the Garnier styling milk & was rewarded with incredibly soft, smooth hair that hasn't budged an inch all day. I used to have to wait for my annual trip to Europe to find Garnier, but thankfully no more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2004 3:15:00 PM More reviews by LilShortie

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What frizz? My usually highly frizzy hair is smooth and soft! Yay!

The smell wasn't too great IMO at first, but once my hair dries, i could just sniff it all day long, yum!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2004 5:34:00 PM More reviews by pjtipsy4

Makes my coarse thick dry hair sleek and shiny!!! BUY IT!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2004 4:47:00 PM More reviews by hairprincess01

I used this for the first time today, and I think its going to become one of my favs. I needed a change from all the heavy aveda stuff that I have been using, and this looks like this may be my answer. The really cool thing is that you can mix this with some many differnt products,and its so cheap!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2004 11:50:00 AM More reviews by vanity68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is amazing...I love it..not greasy..very light and smells fantastic..I am almost through my first bottle. Will I repurchase? You betcha!!

Update: This serum is the best I have ever used! I love it and you can't overdo..doesn't get greasy..so light..a HG for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2004 3:51:00 PM More reviews by ozfan

After reading raves about this product in magazines like Glamour and In Style (or maybe it was Allure...), I thought, what the hell, I'll try it. It was recommended as one of those drugstore products that high-end stylists swear by... turns out, I love this stuff. I love, love, love, the clean, fresh smell. I love that a little goes a long way, and I love how smooth my hair looks when I blow it straight. I will definitely repurchase when the cute little bottle runs out (it was the last bottle at the store, too!)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2004 10:47:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this serum Free with a Walgreens rebate-(gotta love the freebies!)
The package is incredibly cute. I like that it's an easy to use pump. I have baby fine hair, so one pump seemed too much for me. It felt very oily, and was hard to wash off my hands.
This did smooth my hair and made it softer. The shine factor was just "Eh"- It did not add much shine.
The scent was rather spicy- not my favorite, but okay.
This product was okay, but I won't buy it again. I've found other serums that added a bit more shine, and weren't as oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2004 9:45:00 AM More reviews by fizzybabe101

i love the smell its like an appley citrusy scent like all the fructis products. i usually put loads of this on before i straighten my hair and it makes it glossy and smooth and hides any split ends. it might not be very good for fine hair as it does weigh it down as do most anti-frizz products.