MAC Dollymix

4.4

on 9/12/2006 2:35:00 AM

I've been looking for a blush to complement my skin tone and make up colors - everything I bought recently turns brown/orange on me - horrid! I have fair, yellow/golden undertone skin and for some reason, warms just look terrible on me. Maybe I just hate the look!So I went to MAC for help, a large part due to the rave reviews here. The MA recommended a few colors, including Dollymix, but I thought I'd try Dollymix cuz of these reviews. I was not disappointed. Although terrifyingly deep and bright in the pan, it looked *just* like my natural blush when applied! I've been wearing it all day and so far it looks great in all kinds of light. It is the color that I've been looking for! Looks great with my 3 main lipsticks - Butter Shine in Dozen Roses, Raspberry Rush and Cranberry Cream. I hope that i will be able to apply well to replicate the effect the MA created on my cheeks - I wanted the #187 brush but it is out of stock in Spore. BB blender brush works pretty well with this - just touch the brush to the pan for a tiny spot of color and start blending for a great sheer blush. Add another tiny spot on the brush for the next layer if necessary. Use any more and it will be clown cheeks.

on 8/26/2006 11:04:00 AM

I LOVE this blush! This is the most gorgeous shade of bright watermelon pink. It's a natural pop of color on those days when my skin is feeling drab and needs a pickup. Sometimes when I feel like more dramatic makeup, I line all around my eyes with blacktrack and put on a thick coat of either diorshow or Max Factor 2,000 cal., then apply a little heavier layer of this blush, and it gives the most adorable porcelain doll look. I'm an NC20 in the winter and around an NC25-30 in the summer, and I feel this blush suits me no matter what time of the year. In fact, I almost feel like it looks better on me when I am pale, so all you lighter girls out there shouldn't be afraid to try this!

on 8/21/2006 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is probably my favorite pink blush. Last summer I wore it almost every day. It looks a bit scary in the pan, but when applied with a light hand, it gives a healthy flush to my light/medium neutral toned skin. It's the perfect "my cheeks but better" blush. Goes great with all my pink and red lipsticks, and looks fabulous as a "pop" of color on the apples of my cheeks over bronzer.

Oh this is so beautiful! I've been wanting Dollymix for a long time. It's a very deep rose pink fuchsia blush. I'll definitely be wearing this out at night for a deeper look or during the day for a very gorgeous just came in from the snow glow. NC 42-43, cool undertones, black hair, brown eyes for ref.

on 8/7/2006 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

GORGEOUS shade.
It looks much more vibrant in the pot than on. I find it gives a universally pretty pink glow. Can be layered well for varied intensity.
I would definately buy again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this blush! I am: NC20-30 (depending on how tan I am), dark hair, dark eyebrows, and hazel eyes. The blush looks scary bright pink in the pan, but goes on sheer and blendable. It's easy to swipe on a little bit for a nice hint of color (I use the Sephora angled brush for application) and it's easy to build more if you're looking for more color. I don't have problems with it breaking out my skin like I do with other MAC powders and foundations. This has been bumped up to HG status.

Dollymix is my first MAC blush & first thing I noticed (I bought online like usual) was the bright pink color. Now, I was expecting a bright pink, but this is *really* pink. However, the color is quite sheer and buildable. I have dark hair, blonde hilights, dark eyebrows, hazel eyes & am around a NC25. This is definetly pigmented, but looks fab if applied right- gives doll like cheeks. There were a few times where I applied too much & ended up looking like a clown. I ordered the 187 brush hoping this would help with application. I took 1 lippie off- I'm not sure if it's just hard to blend or if it's the brush that I'm using. Will update when I get the 187! UPDATE- 8/15/06- Blends into skin so much better w/ the 187! Gorgeous color!!!

on 8/3/2006 2:09:00 AM

I love this blush - a nice pop of sheer pink color that looks great on pretty much anyone. I can see how it's probably too light for darker skintones but it looks stunning against my fair skin and black hair. It balances out my pale skin adn dark hair perfectly and I adore it. I will definitely repurchase should I run out.

on 8/3/2006 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful and versatile sheer color! I can wear it with my natural NC20 skin or when I have a spray on tan equally well. It's nice and sheer so you can build the color to suit your taste and it gives just a little pop and natural looking flush. It reminds me of one of those bright shades that Carmindy uses on everybody on WNTW. I got this at my new CCO so it was a great $ deal to boot.

on 8/1/2006 1:46:00 PM

Been wanting this one a while after checking out reviews. I'm not one for a lot of pink in cosmetics esp. blush but since it wasn't supposed to apply as scary as it looks in the pan I figured I'd try it out. It does look very bright and intimidating in the pan but it doesn't go on that bright or harsh. I'm sure you could layer/brighten it up but I used it a light hand for this. Very nice flushed natural glow...a keeper!

Top Rated MAC Products