November 28, 2014 | 1501 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED & REFORMULATED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2004 5:44:00 PM More reviews by kiki_kiki915

I LOVE it! The foundation is so light and easy to blend, and has a light coverage which I like (I am Asian, combo skin, tends to breakout on the forehead, using SP40). I used to use IPSA but it's impossible to get it in Canada so I wanted to try Shiseido. It's very good for young skin b/c we should try to protect our skin while we're still young, and we don't need a lot of coverage when our skin's okay. The small bottle is very cute and convenient too! Will use for a while and see if it'll make me breakout.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2004 10:44:00 PM More reviews by ozone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this liquid foundation. For the price and the quality, I have nothing to complain. It offers good sun protection, semi- matt finish and decent coverage. This is the cheapest foundation that I have been used in my life, but it is doesn't necessary mean to be the worest. It is actually the best one and my customers always rave about my perfect complexion. I don't like the entire Shisedo line, but this is stands out so much. For those who have oily skin, this is the one to consider.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2004 1:39:00 AM More reviews by MollyBee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I work for the US Postal Service in one of the Processing and Distribution centers. The ceilings are tall, the lights are dim and the air conditioning doesn't reach the mail processing personnel. There are very few fans. I bought this makeup after trying everything else and I am thrilled! I have yellow skin or an olive complexion and have used SP40 for two days. This makeup hides the flaws between my nose and mouth and the broken capillaries on my nose. My nose has always been quite oily and this makeup keeps the oil breakthrough on the sides of my nose to a minimum. I am using the Shiseido white loose face powder with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2004 2:47:00 AM More reviews by CA_kitty

This has excellent sunscreen, wears forever, and looks natural while covering flaws. What more could a girl want? I used to wear Shiseido Fluid Foundation in 100 and the lightest shade in this line is just perfect, it looks darker at first but great when it is on my face. My favorite thing about this is the way it can be blended ulta sheer or you can layer on a thicker part over flaws for much more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2004 10:40:00 AM More reviews by lhuffard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Since my skin is very oily and most sunscreens I've used on my face make me breakout, I've been searching for a long time for the perfect product that would give me broad spectrum sun protection, not make me breakout, serve as a foundation to even out the skin, keep me matte and not shiny, and be a color match. While I know that's a lot to ask from a single product, I have finally found the product that delivers everything I am looking for in one. In the winter, I use the sp30 (I'm a Laura Mercier warm ivory and a shiseido 20 light ochre) and in the summer I'm using sp50 (I usually go to a shiseido 40 for summer.) My experience has been to buy a shade darker than what I would typically think that I would need. Oily gals needing sunscreen and coverage--here's the one you've been looking for!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2004 2:59:00 PM More reviews by April2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff wears like IRON and makes my skin look even and smooth! It's the best foundation if you spend a lot of time outdoors. I think it will come in very handy this summer and love the extra protection sunscreen which is built into it. It's supposed to retain its SPF 42 protection after 80 minutes of activity in the water. I especially love the cute turquoise squeeze bottle packaging! It's little and you can carry it anywhere without worrying about it breaking. I wear this in SP50 and am a MAC NC30.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2004 12:18:00 PM More reviews by michelle888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love the new Shiseido SPF products - I bought this foundation with the SPF55 sunscreen. I bought the shade 10, the lightest, and it's probably too peachy/dark for the very fair, but great for my peachy (half reddish/half yellowish) skin, Mac NC20. It is medium coverage even though it feels like milk going on, and it lasts ALL day and gives a very velvety and flawless finish. Five stars !!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2004 More reviews by Unity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm sure this product would be great for those with normal/combo/oily skin. A little bit goes a long way and provides pretty decent coverage, but you have to apply it rather quickly. Not a whole lot of shades to choose from, but if you find one that works you're in luck because it's quite flattering on the skin. Several people commented about my glowy skin and asked what I was wearing. Too bad I have dry skin because this will emphasize dry patches if you have them. I'm taking one lipstick off because unfortunately I don't think this is suitable for us dry-skinned gals.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2004 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Mamaspice

This is a new product and the SA put it on when I told her I had an oily t-zone and was looking for something to help with old sun damage. You can't repair sun damage without a sunscreen so why not get a huge dose of it in your foundation? This is "very water resistant" and gives good medium matte coverage. Used in conjunction with the Powdery Foundation it does the trick and lasts all day. My job tends to make me sweat sometimes and I did not notice the makeup coming off when I wiped my face. So far, so good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2004 3:12:00 AM More reviews by rjulie510

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in SB 10. It matches well on my cool-toned PPP skin. This foundation has high broad-spectrum SPF! Except for people with super sensitive skin, this foundation can work as a foundation AND sunscreen. It has very liquid -like light texture. It blends in very nicely, and included sponge is actually useful at apply the product. It gives matte finish, and holds up well under hot weather. It controls oil well. I'll probably love this product more during late spring and summer when weather is hot.
One warning: be sure to TRY this on your skin. Shiseido foundations have tendency to look orange in bottle while they look FINE on skin.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No