Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser

3.2

Water, Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Menthyl Lactate, Methylparaben, Cellulose, Disodium EDTA (Lactose), Menthol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Methylcellulose, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Zingiber Officinale Root Extract (Ginger), Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Mica, Talc, Triethyl Citrate, Iron Oxides

on 5/4/2005 3:09:00 PM

Hmm this stuff is not as great as I hoped. It does leave a nice tingle after your done, but I wonder how good a job it does cleaning my pores. Before this my skin was actually pretty clear with the Noxema Triple Clean, but this stuff makes my forehead bumpy, as well as my chin. Oh well back to my Noxema I go. *NOTE* This also makes the sides of my nose dry and cracked no matter how much moisturizer I put on.

on 4/11/2005 7:47:00 AM

I bought this cleanser a few weeks ago and I've been using it almost every morning since. I am pleasantly surprised and so far, I really like Morning Burst Facial Cleanser.

I have tried a few Clean & Clean when I was a teenager, but they were too harsh and too drying. I have acne but my skin is prone to sensitiveness, so a lot of products that fight acne are too strong for me. But this Clean & Clear cleanser isn't stripping at all and doesn't cause me any irritation. I now have a combo skin, and still have some acne problems.

It cleanses pretty well and leaves my skin fresh and smooth. It is kinda refreshing too and I like the tingling sensation. It doesn't leave any residue.

I like the pump dispenser - it's hygienic and efficient.

I thought the smell would be more like fresh orange juice, but to me it smells like an all-purpose home cleanser. :-/

But still, I am pleased with the results and I would certainly buy it again!

UPDATE December 2005: I am changing my rating to a 3 (previously 5) and won't be purchasing this product again. At this point, my skin is too de-hydrated and irritated to use this, and moreover it contains SLS which I'm trying to avoid right now. Definitely not a winter cleanser, and does not improve anything on the long-term. I think my skin got used to this product. continued >>

on 4/10/2005 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is pretty good. I have a big problem with acne; I bought it after another Clean & Clear product was ravaging my face and I needed something more mild. I think it's kind of a gimmick...there doesn't seem to be anything super special about it. It is fun to apply, though, smells nice, and leaves my face feeling clean. It doesn't help my acne very much...doesn't make it worse, but doesn't help, either. I still break out a lot. All in all, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a nice cleanser, although there's probably better stuff out there for the price.

on 4/7/2005 2:27:00 AM

This is one of the most irritating cleansers I have ever used. It made my sensitive spots scream and my normal areas dry. I can't believe anyone has success with this cleanser. Everthing I've read about acne stresses to be gentle with your skin. well this stuff is not gentle.

on 3/30/2005 4:56:00 AM

I bought this cleanser out of curiosity, and I wanted to try something new. It worked wonderfully at first, but after using it for several weeks, I started to find it too drying. Somehow I don't feel it cleanses that well, and I've noticed my skin does breakout more often (but maybe it's because of the changing weather). I like the packaging, but I won't buy it again. I think I'll go back to Nivea Oil-Control cleanser (the one with green gel and scrubby beads).

on 2/27/2005 8:35:00 PM

I like the concept of this and it smells so deliciously citrusy! Does a pretty decent job at cleansing and rinses off beautifully. I don't know that I would become a C and C convert, I have way too many other products that I love, but all in all this is not a bad product and it is fun to pop the little beads, pretty cool....

on 2/24/2005 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I actually loved this cleanser. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and this really helps control my oil without over drying. I've never been really happy with a Clean and Clear cleanser because they are so overdrying but I think this one is great. I have acne prone skin which I have found out breaks out MORE with acne fighting ingredients, so this works just fine for me. And the beads are fun to pop...lol.

on 2/11/2005 2:41:00 PM

I've only used this 2X so far. This is a pretty good cleanser. I thought the smell would be more citrus-y, but that's ok.. it's a pleasant scent.. and the little tingle afterwards is nice too.. it does refresh my face in the morning and wakes me a up a little. I don't however find the beads burst upon application while i'm rubbing my face and not enough of those tiny beads are dispensed. The texture is pretty thick and felt slighty filmy as well. It washed away fine so no complaints there. Not sure if i would rebuy simply because the price is above average for a d/s product. It does make my skin feel nice and smooth after.. but a little dry (as i experience with all facial cleansers). i said i would rebuy. but i'm not sure if i will when i run out. runs about $7-8CAD.

on 2/11/2005 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Right now, I have the sample size of this and I've been using it for quite a while (got several of the little bottles) and I really do like this stuff. I normally don't use liquid cleaners in favor of cream ones 'cos they dryed my skin out a lot. But this one was different. I don't know what is different, I just know that my skin reacts to this a whole lot better than other liquids. After washing, my skin feels smooth like I've just done a really good job exfoliating my skin. However, I do need to grab a moisturizer as soon as I'm done to make sure that feeling lasts. I love this cleaner so much, I even use it at night. The tingling sensation is especially nice in the morning. It does really get you noticing things, but it doesn't happen always. Overall, good product. Can't wait to buy the full thing.

on 1/16/2005 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This cleanser is wonderful! Smells great, cleanses great, is great, just all around great! I've been using it in conjunction w/Clear Skin Regimen to keep my acne under control and it's gotten to the point I only have to cleanse and medicate once a day! I wasn't really feeling the price ($5.99, even at Walmart) and decided to try something else. But no matter what I tried, I didn't like it as much as this. Not to mention, today, I finally realized it was EIGHT (8), not 6 oz! So maybe the price is not so bad!

Also, ever since I heard you should wash your makeup sponge after each use, I've been using this, and each time it pretty much returns it to its original white state. I wondered if something that gets a sponge this clean would overstrip my skin, but NOTHING SUCH has happened!

Finally, this product gives me a sense of normalcy. I'm so over buying acne this acne that, like I'm a freakin' mutant!! Buying a regular, scented, awesome product to wash my skin and still remaining acne clear just gives me a natural high -- Every. Single. Day :-)