October 24, 2014 | 1730 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Morning Burst Facial Cleanser

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2005 10:17:00 AM More reviews by wrbtu

I have been using this product for about 3 weeks. At first, I was quite apprehensive because of the mixed reviews. I have very sensitive combo skin with minor solo breakouts once in awhile. To my surprise, I really like this product. The citrus fragrance - smells like a freshly peeled orange. The clear pump lets you see how much product is left and keeps the product fresh w/o bacteria contamination which occurs when you stick your fingers into something. The gel contains floating beads of vitamin C which dissolve upon contact with water. The solution foams and thoroughly cleans my combo skin w/o stripping or leaving any residue. My face feels refreshed and soft afterwards - no tightness or stinging at all. I use a toner and have not had any residue make up show up on the cotton. I have not had any breakouts since using this product. The cost seems to be between $3-6 depending upon where you get it and if it's on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2005 9:01:00 PM More reviews by XxPinaColadaxX

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff works really well. I find it really does wake you up. I love knowing the beads are bursting with all that good stuff on your face. I follow this with the matching moisturizer and I feel so fresh and clean after. It doesn't dry out my skin either. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2004 8:50:00 PM More reviews by honeybearkitty

This is a good cleanser. I haven't noticed a difference in my skin from the "beads", but it takes off all my makeup and leaves my skin feeling clean. I may purchase this again, but I'd like to try more cleansers before buying this again. ***UPDATE*** Something in this irritates my skin - whatever it is that gives that tingly feel. I don't recommend this for sensitive skin or anyone that uses topical acne meds like Retin-A or even AHA/BHA. My new favorite is Suave Foaming Facial Wash, which is perfect for my combination/oily, acne-prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2004 1:49:00 PM More reviews by clamaciel

I the one with the "gentle beads". The smell is great, the price is good and the results are OK.
I have used 3 tubes of it, but i haven't noticed anything special on my skin's appearance. I always follow up with a toner, and it makes my skin feels very clean. I just hope that this cleanser IS taking off all of my makeup. i just can't tell for sure. I'm still looking for that great unexpensive cleanser!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2004 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Ducki925

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first, I really loved this stuff. Really really invigorating and a nice wake-you-up scent. Then my skin started to peel and flake. As soon as I stopped using it and went back to the Sensiting Skin Foaming Facial Cleanser by Clean and Clear I've been fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2004 8:48:00 AM More reviews by lanae87

Love this facial cleanser. I have sensitive, break-out prone combination skin. I have been using this for about a month now and my skin is unbelievably clear. Love the fresh, citrusy scent and bursting vitamin micro-beads. I wll repurchase this over and over!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2004 2:18:00 AM More reviews by PatrishaTX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product because "I hate mornings" and I need something to wake me up! So after seeing the commercial I got this "Clean and Clear" Morning Burst Facial Cleanser at target for about 5bucks. It has Bursting beads which Supposebly let out the fragrance. Well I noticed when I pump it not to many beads come out. But for the most of it, its a nice morning cleanser and freshens me up, and wakes me up, help get the guck off of my face! Nothing to special about it..I dont have bad skin, just wanted a fresh morning scent.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2004 7:23:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got the sample size of this. It is sort of pretty with the orange and gold beads. However, this smells like cleaner with a lot of bleach. I am pretty sure that this has no ance-fighting indredients so how is it supposed to keep skin clear? It does do a decent job with cleaning and it gets rid of oil but it is too drying. I would not buy this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2004 5:32:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this product. It seemed nice at first, smelled good and was refreshing in the mornings. But after using it twice ( and not even in the same weeks) my skin broke out. I'm not a hundred percent sure its this, but there is no other explanation. I will give it one more try and see what happens.
UPDATE-I kept breaking out when I used this so I gave it away, and as soon as I did, my skin cleared up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2004 3:30:00 AM More reviews by XxRainaxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is very nice. It has menthol in it, so to me it kind of smells like cigarettes rather than refreshing so I had to take away a lippie for that. Fortunately I'm not too picky about smells like many are, and since it does what it should I can deal with the smell. It does make my skin feel VERY clean and refreshed and completely 100 percent free of oil without drying it out at all. (This kind of cleanser is hard to find when you have combination skin like me.) I gave the price a 3, in that it is mid-priced for a drugstore cleanser. This product satisfies me as a cleanser, it does exactly what I want it to do and I haven't found many of those cleansers lately. I will repurchase. :)

Edit: I'm about to buy my 2nd bottle of this. The effectiveness never went away (I have that problem with all other ds cleansers I've tried.) and I am still loving it!