August 20, 2014 | 1425 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After my unfortunate junket into the much-touted, exaggeratedly-revered, trendy world of natural cosmetics - which ended in breakouts like I never had, even when I was a teenager - I reached for my Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing fdt, which I keep at hand for emergencies. Well, what do you know. Not only did it clear my "naturally"-caused zits (worn over DHC's Salycilic Face Milk, another little gem), but had all my co-workers raving about my "beautiful" skin. I have access to many high-end, very expensive fdts., but none of them ever elicited such enthusiastic reviews before. I think from now on, I will rely on d/s foundations. With the usual exceptions, high-end, expensive stuff has let me down, more often than not.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by lovelyShine

i luv it ! made my bumps unnoticible by making them go away wich were on my cheeks i did not have redness like acne just a few bumps.
i do not think it would cover redness too shear & light but natural looking. i wish it was packaged with a pump but still good. Along with the clear complexion concealer my skin looks great!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by TheLimerest

This had good coverage and did seem to be slightly "blemish healing" as promised. Didn't entirely zap the things, but I noticed when I removed my makeup even just after a few hours, they weren't as red and inflamed as before. It did go bad really quickly, though, and I always seemed to be in between shades. Clung to dry skin and was tough to apply without caking. I'll continue to use this only when I need extra coverage, but not as an everyday foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by scionx19

this is my holy grail of foundations! i have been using it for over 3 years now and i dont know what i would do if they discontinued it! It doesnt make me break out but with my other acne medications sometimes it dries my skin out( cuz of the added medication), which just mean i need extra moisture. If you use a foundation brush and just aplly a little at a time it blends easily. You have to know how to blend or this won't work for you...nore will any other liquid make-up. it doesnt cover my really dark acne scars but it lightens them enough to where i can cover them with very little concealer. I have terrible scars but everyday because of this makeup- i get compliments on how beautiful my complection is(seriously everyday!)..i kinda feel like im cheating because i know what my skin is really like :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by brandsjunkie

i've been using this product on and off for more than a year now. the only reason i continue using this product is because of the name and the fact that it is said to help acne and blemishes. i have really sensitive and acne-prone skin. i wanted to find a foundation that could cover up the scars and acne i have but most importantly heal it. it doesn't do too much for my scars and blemishes. if i apply more of the foundation on it makes my face look cakey. i use this foundation with moisturizer and primer, still it doesn't do much. i'm not a big fan of the packaging and the price is average. i've bought the makeup forever hd invisible cover yesterday. hopefully it'll live up to what it says in its ads in covering up acne and blemishes.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by miumiubabe

I actually really liked this foundation. The formulation is okay and it doesnt cover really anything, it only softened things. But on the other hand it didnt break me out as a lot of other foundations have. It was slightly drying but a good primer could easily correct that. The consistency is quite water in my opinion and it does have quite an odd pasty smell to it. However i probably would buy it again because it was very light and great for everyday wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by bronzeneo

I originally bought this product 2 years ago - I go through this love/hate phase of liquid vs mineral makeup - and skipped it because it made my face look weird. About 2 months ago I got fed up with my regular mineral makeup and went to priceline (aussie store) and bought this stuff again. After 2 weeks my face was terrible, I put it down to this stuff but soon discovered the brand new "tough on acne, soft on skin" papulex acne system I bought was the one that made my face go mental.
I went back to this stuff and 5 days later my face hasnt reacted.
Whilst nowhere near the coverage of revlon colorstay (combo skin), my face looks natural, my acne is covered and I dont feel like I have a mask on my face.
Its not the best, but it hasnt made me break out again - and for me, thats the biggest bonus of all.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by ScreamingNurse

I absolutely HATED this stuff. It clogs my skin; feels like a clown's greasepaint; dries wrong; looks cheap as cheap can be; smells funny; looks either goth-pasty or fake-tan-orangey no matter what color I try and how hard I blend it; and finally, the package is not sealed for consumer protection. I found that out the hard way by buying one at the drugstore, hauling it home, opening it up, and finding it all nasty and crusted to the inside of the bottle, long since dried. Who knows who did what to that mess? That cost me a trip back to the store to exchange it for another shade which looked even worse on my face. I used to love Almay when I was younger. What happened to their stuff these days?!?

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 2:45:00 AM More reviews by cesa11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is good. I have a lot of foundations and this one covers blemishes and acne marks the best- makes them invisible. This morning my face was RED and blotchy and due to product changes I broke out. I brought out this baby and girls at work did not see a blemish:)

Lasts a good shift at fast food oil-slick atmosphere, and that alone skyrockets this baby into greatness.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Mickey41

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My favorite foundation! I use this foundation every single day and is just awesome. I have combination skin and break out every now and then. A few years back, I started getting horrible acne. I started using this product along with other products (Purpose bar soap) and have noticed quite a difference. I don't use the powder that goes with this foundation. I prefer using a translucent shade of powder to set the foundation, then a bit a bronzer powder and a bit of blush to finish the look. I apply it with a sponge, but I've been reading how beneficial it is using a foundation brush for the overall appearance. I will start applying it with a foundation brush soon and challenge that theory myself. Try it out for a few weeks if you have acne prone skin. IT may just work for you