November 22, 2014 | 994 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by LAGirlToo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hadn't had a pimple in a long time when I started using this and my entire face exploded in white heads and pimples. I don't know what the active ingredient is, but it is definitely not for anyone acne prone. Even if you are not acne prone, this will likely break your face out. Also, besides the pimples, I didn't really see any difference in my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by chiodokeller

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product every day for 3 months now, with little to no results. I don't know what I was hoping for, but I can not see spending my money on a product that does not show me any signs of positive usage. I will not be buying again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by vechev1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I tend to abuse my skin a lot because of all the acne products I use that leave my skin looking tired and parched. I use 5 drops of the repair serum over my face and neck and then layer garnier's moisture rescue gel over it. In the morning my face looks smoother and more plump. It also has helped fade some of my dark spots caused by acne. I wouldn't recommend using it every night because i do think it could cause clogged pores with prolonged use. However, I am very prone to breakouts and this has not broken me out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by cynthiaborrelli

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Fortunately, I received this in a GWP. After using it for only three nights I have started to break out and I am not at all prone to blemishes. This is the only thing that is new in my skin care routine so I know this serum is the culprit. Glad I didn't spend $100 on this!

Update: I stopped using this and my skin has returned to normal. No more break-outs!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

It shaves YEARS off of your face!! This product is marketed more for mature skin, but I think the key is to use it BEFORE You start to show signs of ageing. I will be 30 very soon and have been a faithful user for a few years. The best thing about this product is the Hyaluronic Acid. Best Ingredient Ever. People who can use heavier creams won't find this as impressive since it is a serum, but My skin feels soft and plumped up I'm assuming from the caffeine,which is good for the outside of your skin. helps plump up wrinkles,cellulite ect... It literally takes any moisture and traps it in your skin, leaving it soft and supple. The serum prevents 95% of future damage to your skin. I like that it has tons of antioxidants that are supposed to "neutralize" the toxins your skin is exposed to during the day, which should prevent aging It blocks free radicals from the sun, smoke, whatever else, from damaging your skin. This stuff is a miracle worker, but it DOESN'T WORK OVERNIGHT! A bit of an HG for me. It evens out your skin tone, plumps up fine lines and wrinkles When I first tried it, it kinda broke me out. I was told by everyone to keep using it, just stick with it. So I did and I have been using this for over a year and must say I will continue using it. It is expensive to me but worth it. My EL girls are so nice and give me samples. This and Double wear are my favs. Top of the line. It has a cinnamon medicine scent to me Also, Estee Lauder was one of the first big companies to stop animal testing which is great! for a person with oily and acne prone skin and a few minor wrinkles (who can't use heavy creams) this is an HG for sure! I had lots of super teeny tiny lines under my eyes and cheeks, most likely from over drying my skin with acne products, and when I used stuff my skin plummped up and my little lines were plumped out and no longer noticeable also. And I was concerned with these smile lines I was getting. They were like pre-wrinkle wrinkles and this made them fade significantly. I like to use this before I apply my makeup since I use my Differin at night. I know this is for night but it plumps my skin and makes it so supple and youthful and I just look better over all and ready for my day!!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

This stuff is very expensive but it works. I'm 34 and noticed that my crows feet started to look unpleasant and made me look old and kind of tired. I did some research on MUA and found out that this review had pretty good ratings, especially from women who are in their 30s -60s so I thought I can't go wrong. When I went to the Estee Lauder counter I was pretty shocked to see the price. I bit the bullet and I'm glad I did. For me the most important thing about the serum is the deeply hydrating effect. It moisturized my skin and lets the wrinkles appear so much softer. So if you have thirsty skin, this is the right product for you!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by ellapretty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted this to work for my skin but it broke me out.

Quick background - last year my skin broke out quite badly (don't know why...facial products, diet or hormones) and I went to the dermatologist who prescribed antibiotics for me. WIthin 6 months my skin is crystal clear - but super-sensitive...I am only supposed to use oil-free products - and the only thing that works for me are Neutrogena oil-free products (even Olay oil-free products leave my skin congested).

I tried this - it left my skin feeling smoother, but not necessarily plumped or anything. However, after 5 nights of use, I started breaking out. 2 red painful spots showed up on the first day, and 2 more the next day. I immediately stopped using this, and a week later my skin is back to normal - and the spots have disappeared.

Bottom line - if you have acne-prone skin, definitely try out a sample before you buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by penguinbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using ANR now for 3 and a half months and I absolutely love it. Its not an anti aging serum so you won't see huge differences because what its doing is repairing the day to day damage you put your skin through so your skin ages slower. My skin for me has gotten healthier looking glowier just over all it look and feels really healthy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Shoshachu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Other

I've been using this regularly for about a year, and it does seem to make a difference...though likely part of the effect is simply luxury bias.....but it's enjoyable to use, has never caused any breakouts, and I do get a peculiar little rush every night when I take it out of the package and ritualistically apply a few drops.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by dennymc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this product for the last 2 years and have parted ways with it. I have good skin, and wanted to prevent any future damage etc so thought this would be a good product to try. I was using in conjunction with EL Revelation moisturiser (which is now discontinued I believe). Initially I was happy with results.
    Didn't like the texture when applied, but my skin appeared to be happy, smooth and clear. However, when I changed moisturiser (to another EL) I became more and more disheartened with ANR...it didn't seem to be doing anything for me...I used it alone for about a week, then with moisturiser on top and my skin became dull, dry and didn't feel soft. I have to conclude that this product does NOTHING for me. It was probably the moisturiser that was doing the trick! I have parted ways with EL skincare altogether and use a different brand now which has got my skin glowing, smooth and moisturised again.
    Far better products, serums and oils out there in my opinion, especially for the price.
    UPDATE
    I am slinking slowly back to this product and will put my hands up to say I might have been a bit harsh with my review. I have been using Decleor products since parting ways with ANR, and my skin is good. But I notice no difference in the fine lines around my eyes. So decided to give ANR another go....I think it does make a difference, but the moisturiser you put on afterwards also plays its part. I am rotating PM now...ANR+clarins multiactive, ANR+EL hydrationist + Decleor neroli night balm. Best of all worlds I hope.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No