October 20, 2014 | 1653 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2003 2:32:00 AM More reviews by briannanoah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I saw this stuff at Longs Drugs and wondered where I had heard of it before...then it clicked that I had read all these wonderful reviews on it so I decided to give it a try. I was lucky enough to find a perfect color match too! This stuff has been working great for me- I apply it dry with a powder brush and build to desired coverage which works great. Keeps oilies at bay much better than my Lancome Dual Finish and is much cheaper. Most importantly, it hasn't broken my acne prone skin out at all and I have been using it for two months now. Give this a try!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2003 10:53:00 PM More reviews by jaka13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had a great experience with it today. I was at work running around from 7am-10pm and still feel like it had staying power. I could've used a quick touch-up, but I didn't look nearly as tired and icky as I felt! (for ONCE!) ha, ha.

I bought the lightest shade - 400 (Laurel Nude I think) I'm quite pale (PPP), Ivory in CG Aquasmooth, Warm Ivory/Porcelain in Bobbi Brown

Playing around when I first got it, I tried half my face with it dry and a brush and half wet with the sponge -I think it goes on sheer and you can build it, which is nice. I feel like my face is drier with each passing day so I get a little flaky putting it on dry with a sponge.

In the end, I ended up using it wet only on my nose, cheeks where I have some redness and then used it dry with a powder brush everywhere else. I don't like a really heavy makeup look, so i love that this gives me more coverage where I need it, but a more sheer look elsewhere if I want it. I've never had a HG foundation before... what a feeling!

I think the sponge that comes with it smells REALLY bad, and may just use another one. This is my only beef with the product - otherwise the compact is very nice.

Found mine at Sally's $9.99 - definitely try it! It would be nice to have had a tester, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2003 8:37:00 PM More reviews by mermaid1962

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is very comparable to Mac's StudioFix. The only drawback is the shade selection is rather limited. Fortunately, Cypress Beige works for me. It's very handy to have in my purse for touch-ups during the day. It covers well, too, when you're having a bad skin day. No break-outs, either!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2003 8:33:00 PM More reviews by kkasper

I have oily skin and most foundations partially wear off in about 2 hours. This one doesn't and in fact prevents me from getting oily for many hours. I apply the foundation using a wet sponge and it gives very good coverage (covers sun spots, blemishes, etc.). I use it dry for touchups later.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2003 5:07:00 AM More reviews by lilone829

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i saw all of the reviews for this and had to get it! i was hoping to replace my studio fix with it, primarily for the price, but that didn't happen. i bought it at ulta for 8.99 (not expensive, but it could def. be cheaper=T). it was the bronze shade. looked right at first, but it became too dark. the range of shades could be a problem for some people. nice, cute little compact though. really wish it had the color for me . . the coverage was great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2003 9:30:00 PM More reviews by brianx

This is a fabulous cult/underground/indie foundation, and I must say that it's become a favorite of mine as well! It is oil-free, cheap (about the price of a Revlon pressed powder), leaves the skin with a very silky-feeling and natural-looking matte finish, and definitely keeps shine away. It can be applied with a dry or damp sponge, and covers beautifully either way. Little, if any, concealer is needed when wearing this: the coverage is perfect and evens out the complexion. The shade range is limited, but I found a match, and the shades all tend to be a bit on the lighter side, but I do not mind that at all :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2003 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Hoffshi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading reviews here I found this at Longs and ran home to try it. The $8.99 sale price is fantastic and I love the coverage. True the range of colors isn't huge and the one I have might be a little too light for my "just back from vacation tan" but it should be perfect in a week or two. Thanks for the tip to buy this

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2003 2:32:00 PM More reviews by endeara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product after reading all the great reviews here. This is definately the best low-end powder/foundation that I have used in a very long time. When first applied, the coverage is fantastic and the finish is really lovely. Layer a little bit, and you have that fantastic velvety-finish. I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror after I had reapplied one evening and I was shocked at how great my normally blah skin looked. Unfortunately, it only lasts a couple of hours (something like...2). As a schooteacher, I need something to last a bit longer. For evening, I have used this over a light liquid foundation, but it still did not last long enough for me. This reminds me of a pressed powder that used to be made by Clarion around ten years ago. Whenever I used it, I always got great compliments on my skin. I'm going to play around with this a bit more. I really want it to work for me since I love the finish so much and the price can't be beat. Edit: I have changed this to 3 lippies because I just can't get it to last.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2003 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Wendy_S

Thanks MUA:) I was completely out of foundation the other day, but didn't feel like stopping by the mall to get my usual EL Double Wear. I did a quick check on Productville and I'd never heard of Palladio, but noticed the good reviews. Lo and behold, I'm walking down the aisle at Longs Drugs and it's right in front of me. I have to say that I'm still going to have to pick up more of my HG (the Double Wear), but this is nice. I bought the lightest shade, Laurel Nude, and it works well with my skin. Some have mentioned it's best suited for olive tones, but I'm a PPP and it looks just fine in both natural and artificial light. It doesn't have the staying power I'd like, but it's not bad. I paid $12, which isn't much...but I probably wouldn't pay much more for this. It's very light and feels silky, but it just doesn't stay put well enough on my oily skin. I *do* think it's a great product overall and definitely worth checking out. It's not going to be a staple for me, but it wasn't a waste of money either.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2003 7:57:00 PM More reviews by cherokejlp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, will wonders never cease???? I 9.99 makeup that looks like a million dollars? I use this over my foundation and it give me a soft matte apprearance! I have to keep looking in the mirror to see if it is really real! Amazing and for the price it is unbelieveable!
You can't go wrong!