November 22, 2014 | 1847 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 2:16:00 PM More reviews by irinabj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wondefull brush that I think everybody who are applying eye shadows should have. I'm new with the brush applications of my eye shadows, becuase all my life I used eye shadow's applicator that came with eye shadows kits. Well, this is the one brush that make a transition is easy to make. I love it, however it's expensive, but other than this I would recomend to everyone

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by sll74

i paid about $22-25 for this. i can't remember because it's been awhile but it's listed as $24.50 on the mac website. anyway, i LOVE it. it grabs color well and deposits precisely on the lid. once i figured out this was the tool for applying paint pots i was able to use them effortlessly. i clean this brush with a spray cleaner and it looks like new again. great investment for girls that take their eyeshadow seriously!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by oo_mimi_oo

i don't know what i ever did without this brush. this has made eyeshadow application EASY! it's firm, yet the bristles are soft. it's just the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I picked up this brush yesterday together with the mineralize eyeshadow trio word of mouth because the SA said this is the best brush to use for the eyeshadow. It is the most expensive MAC brush I had yet, at $47 it better be good!

And boy yes it is- it applys eyeshadow much better then the 217 I was previously using when I tried applying eyeshadow last night. The colour packs so well that my eyes were intense,something that I haven't seen before with my other e/s brushes. I'm now reserving my 217 for blending!

I still find the price to be atrocious- I wished it was cheaper because I'm still a student.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 8:05:00 AM More reviews by kathhh

I really like this brush.
Great for packing on colour, as heaps of people have said. There's not much to add on lol, but yeh it's really great =D

I think its on the pricey side? But it's worth it =D

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 3:47:00 AM More reviews by rebelprince

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was my first MAC brush. I have to say that I really like the versatility of this brush. It's great or getting color on the lid. I can use it to create a subtle wash of color or to pack it on and make it really pop. I also can use the tip to smudge out a crease color into the lid color. If you ever buy a MAC brush, make it this one. You're never going to run out of uses for it, and with proper care, it'll last you ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by bigred4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am OBSESSED with this brush! I've been using MAC shadows for almost 4 years but just bought the brush about a year ago and what a difference it made in my makeup! When I was using the cheap brushes my colors always seemed to mush into one and not really "pop" - but when I use this brush, my colors are distinct and POP! Definite A+++++!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2008 5:01:00 AM More reviews by hellokitty05

I got this in the Heirlooms brush set and I didn't use it for months because I have brushes that are similar to it so I thought I'll just keep using the ones I got (Napoleon Perdis) anyway I decided to pull this brush out and just give it a go. WOW! The color payoff I get with this brush compared to previous makes the other brushes SH*T. It's quite soft while still being flexible. It takes me half the time to apply my eyshadows.
The brush hair fibers are quite dense which makes applying eyeshadow sooo nice.

A must have brush. A+.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by ylrebmik7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought this brush was ok. I've never spent more than $10 for a makeup brush until I tried this one, along with MAC 168 for blush based on the super high reviews on MUA. Yes, it's a good brush, but if I'm paying 3x as much for a brush, I expected something more. It's a good general purpose eye shadow brush. I use it for the entire lid. I don't see a beneift for spending the extra $$. There are good quality brushes for much less.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 9:50:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

I dont know what it is about white haired brushes from mac, but their all awesome! This one is particularly awesome for a few reason: gives frost color payoff the credit it should (!), could multitask so you can use it was a highlight or sharp crease color.