April 18, 2014 | 982 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by skincareman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Refreshing, soothing and even seems to tighten my pores! A must have for me.

After washing my face I pat it dry then spritz with this water. I then pat it into my skin for a few seconds with my hands and then either let it dry (if I'm putting something on afterwards that needs to go onto dry skin) or apply my moisturiser while my face is still damp.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by barbiesweetdoll

well,i seriously think that this is overrated. it is good for refreshing but thats all.i would prefer la roche posay thermal water than this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 2:09:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've always been a little suspicious about these "thermal waters", but after reading about the benefits of it on someone's notepad (I think tetrakis's) I decided to give it a try. I have to say I am impressed. my skin, which is normally quite sensitive, especially after cleansing, is now very content. as soon as I finish cleansing I liberally spray my face with this and it's so calming and soothing. my skin looks and feels so much better since I have started using this. I bought the large 300ml bottle, and I imagine that even using it 2x a day it will last quite a long time, so $15 doesn't seem so expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2008 7:00:00 PM More reviews by BlueFL

I never thought I'd be the person buying a $15 can of water, but seeing is believing. It calms my skin and feels soothing after cleansing. A short spritz before applying Eluage cream helps spread the cream evenly and smoothly. YMMV, but I've come to view this as an indispensable item in my skincare routine both morning and evening.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2008 12:18:00 AM More reviews by curetheworld

I had lots of skincare issue this summer.. for the first time ever I had sever dryness and irritation, and this came highly reccomended from the skin care board to soothe, refresh, or use as a toner.

I have to say that it is soothing and refreshing, but I really can't tell a difference from just using regular water. And 10 seems a lot to pay for a water bottle. I don't think it works well as a toner, but then I don't think toner is necessary for me anyway, so maybe that's why.

I like to spray it on if I just wanna freshen up in the middle of the day, or after my moisturizer sometime.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2008 3:43:00 AM More reviews by pinkzilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this everytime my skin stings for whatever reason. When my acne was worse, this used to calm my sensitive skin after harsh products. Nowadays I use it mainly as a toner, spray it on my mineral makeup, use it when traveling for pick-me-ups and after physical exercise to calm my rosacea. This also helps a bit when my face is tingling due to big temperature changes. I think is well worth it's prize.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by stephaniepress

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product. I've been using the Avene Sensitive line and my face has responded extremely well. I use this product as the toner after the Gentle cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2008 5:58:00 AM More reviews by windchijmes

I've never had a real habit of using these mineral water sprays, but decided on a whim to try the Avene one.

I'm quite neutral towards this. It does feel refreshing on the skin, but otherwise doesn't do much for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2007 5:27:00 AM More reviews by lovy

Actually i dont know why, this product make me oily. Or my skin is too oily? Feel like i cang grow acne becuase of this, but i didnt. but it make my face red,

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2007 11:51:00 PM More reviews by babiig1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Avene's skincare line is just perfect for sensitive skin types and Avene Thermal Water is no exception. It is so refreshing to spray this all over my face during the warmer months and it is even more refreshing to see that it does not irritate my skin. My skin absorbs this almost immediately and it helps to calm my skin when I suffer from slight rosacea.

It has several other uses too; it works wonders for setting makeup. I find it gives me a dewy look when I use it after I finish applying makeup. Not only that, it can be used as an additional step to complete your cleansing routine.

Trust me when I say this product will leave you with soothed, plumped skin.