Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Definitely volumizes! My lashes looked much thicker after using two coats and also seemed to curl and lengthen. The formula is very wet which I don't mind but beware if a wet formula is something that turns you off.

on 10/23/2013 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to really like this product. Probably a great product if you have long lashes - unfortunately I do not. This is buildable and I experienced clumps. I experimented by using this together with other mascaras but it still did not work.

on 10/23/2013 8:28:00 PM

Walmart, $8, black, waterproof. PROS: black, stiff wand, length, volume, doesn't flake, doesn't make lashes crispy, affordable, easy to find. CONS: can get clumpy, never fully dries, wet formula, hard to take off.

on 10/21/2013 10:44:00 PM

I really like this mascara. Does a great job with thickening and lengthening my lashes. Formula is very wet though so it can get messy so be careful with blinking too much for a moment or two after applying. Love the packaging colours it's very pretty.

My go to mascara. I only put 2 coats on and my lashes are nice and curled. If i put on 3 coats it feels heavy and it clumps. I do love it though. It doesnt give me raccoon eyes. And stays all day long

update: this crap burns my eyes now...and its all clumpy when i put it on :'(

on 10/20/2013 11:23:00 AM

I had bought this product due to all the rave about it, only to discover it is not what it is all cracked up to be. Lets first look at the product itself. The product is very thick and clumpy and heavy on my lashes. It weighs them down and hardly curls them at all. Basically my lashes would look like they do without mascara, but just coated with tar. It smears easily, and pulls out a lot of lashes when taken off. It also doesn't stay on that well, by the end of the day i would find little black specks around my eyes, and I do nothing during the day that would cause this such as rubbing my eyes, I simply just wear it. Moving on to the brush, it is not what i prefer. I have an average eye and the brush is too big for them. The hard, plastic bristles get clogged with the thick mascara so much that the wand is unable to do it's job of separating the lashes. I cannot get into the inner corners of my eyes with the wand because it is so large, and I cannot get an accurate application. Some may like this type of wand, it is just a personal preference, so my low rating for this product does not come from my dislike for the wand, but mostly from the formula itself. Maybelline, to my opinion, is a very good drugstore company, but they fell short on making this mascara as good as the packaging foretells.

on 10/19/2013 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara is nice, but it definitely does not meet the standards that some people on this are saying. I like how thick my lashes, become but they fall short when it comes to length. And I continue my search for my holy grail mascara.

I bought this mascara because everyone was raving about it, but when I tried it out for myself, I discovered it was horrible. It clumps and runs and smears and its just gross.

I actually have a love/hate relationship with this mascara. When I first bought rocket volume I had really high expectations, I heard so many good reviews so I was excited to give it a try. I normally like more of the dry mascaras so I was a little disappointed when I first opened the tube and saw how wet this formula was. It went on my lashes really easily but it was very thick and weighed them down. My lashes normally hold a curl pretty well but this mascara completely flattened them down. I also layer my mascara ALOT and this didnt let me do that, when i tried to put more than one coat on my lashes all clumped together and trying to brush them out and separate them was almost impossible. However after taking a long break from rocket volume i decided to go back to it except this time i bought the WATERPROOF. what a huge difference it made! The water proof held a curl, didnt clump at all, it was like a totally different mascara. If you want to give this mascara a try I would recommend getting the waterproof. it is a million times better than the regular mascara

on 10/18/2013 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Let me start off by saying that nothing in this review is coming from a snobby point of view. My holy grail is Maybelline "the falsies". I have a solid mix of drug store and designer products.
A few months ago, Target was out of "the falsies" in blackest black. I figured I would give "rocket volum" a try. The brush is very different, very big. I'm good with its size all the way up until the end. Its too fat there, too blunt. Makes it difficult to get the smaller lashes toward your tear duct without getting a little on your lid. I don't find the formula to be difficult to work with. The wetness others have complained about wasn't a problem for me. On a very positive note, this mascara holds a curl better than any I can remember. My lashes were still very lifted when I took it off after 8 hours or so. It seems to lengthen a bit. Nothing dramatic. I have very long, relatively thick lashes naturally and I didn't see a huge change in length. As far as volume goes...yeah. It's there for sure. But not in the way I'd hoped. It took a good bit of work to get separation. My lashes desperately wanted to clump. And I love layering...with each layer it was worse. After some work I ended up with "sort of" separated tarantula lashes. And they felt stiff all day. I know that's a look some girls are going for these days. If that's you...here's your product.

I'm sticking with "the falsies". Ridiculous length, amazing buildable volume, zero clumping, feathery soft lashes.