January 25, 2015 | 1936 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum' Express

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by bgfp9898

The Rocket is an OK mascara. It does the job and coats nicely. The special applicator prevents spidery lashes which is a plus. I don't think I will re-purchase because it doesn't lengthen or give my lashes any volume. It's just blaaah. My biggest complaint is the fact that the mascara comes off in clumps when I use the Lancôme eye makeup remover. Sometimes lashes come off as well and it only happens with The Rocket. Weird. I also use Dior Overcurl and Lancôme Hypnose mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by thaileen

I was in search for a good everyday mascara and picked this one up because it was pretty cheap. I love the way it makes my lashes look. Very long, very curled, and very voluminous. However, it is impossible to take off... such a turn off for me. It doesn't come off with my cleanser, or baby oil. I have to actually rub my eyelashes to get it off, and when I do it comes off in clumps and lashes fall out, and there is still product at the roots of my lashes. It also makes my lashes very hard. I only use this when I need a waterproof mascara which is very rare.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Simplyglamorous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Honestly i think this is a GREAT mascara! I have already repurchased it once and i will again. Maybelline really did good with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my one of my favourite drugstore mascaras. It separates my lashes really well and doesn't leave any clumps or flake throughout the day. I have naturally long, curled lashes so this definitely helps the performance of the mascara but I do find it gives good volume and holds a nice curl. I also like that it is really black. Repurchase this one for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by angelicgirlangel

I have used quite a few of the Maybeliine Volum Express mascaras (all in waterproof). Overall, the mascara performs well. The mascara in waterproof fulfills my one requirement, it held my curl. However, it is by no means a curling mascara. If you really like your lashes perfectly curled at a 90 degree angle a la Kim Kardashian, this mascara is not for you. That being said, I do love the way is curls my lashes-it is different from any mascara I've tried before. I don't really know how to explain it, but while the mascara holds my curl, I think the wet formula weighs down my lashes ever so slightly to give my lashes a really gentle sloping curl. It looks the best out of any of my mascaras from the profile (I think the seventh picture kind of shows the way holds a curl). If you're looking for a really curling mascara I would recommend the Maybelline One by One waterproof.
I suspected this mascara to be very similar to the One by One, which I enjoyed using for everyday, but it is definitely not the same. It is decently separating and clump free, but not nearly as so as the One by One (the most seperating/curl holding/clump free/fool proof mascara I've used) or Covergirl's Lash Blast. I don't know if this is on the list of claims, but I think this may be the most lengthening Volum Express mascara I own (especially when I see it from the profile). As with the other Volum Express mascaras I don't let it dry between coats to prevent clumping. Also, I tend to wiggle my mascara wand in zig zag motions when applying. That method did not work for me with this mascara as it made my lashes stick together. I found better results by carefully combing it through with no wiggling.
This mascara claims to coat lashes in mascara evenly from root to tip, and I think that is why I ultimately gave this mascara 3 lippies. I prefer mascaras that give me the most fullness at the root of my lashes (like loreal's Voluminous) with a more traditional brush. However this is not a bad mascara. It has a unique formula, but I can't say I loved the bulkiness of the brush. I think this would be a great mascara to layer with. Bottom line as far as rubber bristled wands go: it is not as foolproof as the One by One mascara or dramatic as Lash Blast. Will probably not repurchase unless I really fall in love with the way it curls my lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by acutina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was very disappointed with this mascara. First of all, I really dislike the brush. The pointy plastic bristles hurt if you get too close to your lid and leave my lashes looking spidery. The mascara lasted all day but was torture trying to remove! It would come off in clumps that end up all over my face. I usually like Maybelline mascara, but this was a fail.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Jordanlee4

I have super short and thin lashes and this mascara makes them look as long as they can and does not clump! LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by BriSchmied

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just got this mascara today and I was so excited to try it. It volumizes really well and it lasts all day, it adds a little length as well. The brush is really big, so when i put it on the top lashes it gets the bottom lashes done too, and it actually looks good. This is a new favorite :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very thin eye lashes and most mascaras I use make my eye lashes clumpy..when I saw this I wasn't sure if I would love it but I went ahead and bought it and I'm glad I gave it a chance!!! It makes my lashes perfect!! Very long and separated. They look thick without looking clumpy!!! I'm serious try it... You'll love it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by Amychoonghs

I love this product. I live in a humid country and I use this mascara for work everyday. It lasts till late at night and it doesn't smudge. I used to use Lancôme baby doll and I love that as well, but if I'm comparing the price I pay and something that is equally as good and way cheaper, I will definitely choose the rocket