Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

This is one of my least favorite Maybelline mascaras. The formula is much too wet & makes my lashes look a wet, spidery mess. Too many coats will make your lashes stick together. I just don't like this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is one of my favorite mascaras! It doesn't clump unless you put too much on, which also goes for pretty much every mascara I've tried, and you can get your lashes really long and thick! My only problem with it is it doesn't hold a curl, probably because it isn't waterproof. But other than that, it's wonderful!

on 10/12/2013 7:22:00 PM

I really like this mascara! I picked it up on a whim because the brush reallly caught my eye and it is very big and unique, unlike any other mascara brush I've seen before! I got it in waterproof and the color is called "very black." This makes my lashes look false and very long!! It gives me length, volume and thickness. You get what you pay for, buy it ASAP!!

I will start off with saying that I have very thin, light lashes. This mascara is pretty good and I do get amazing volume with it. The only downside to it is that it is kind of a wet formula. After a few uses it is less wet and works perfectly fine. I do like this a lot and I don't regret buying it. The packaging is so cute and you do get your money's worth. It is inexpensive and totally worth trying out. I would purchase this again. I mean I wouldn't be in any rush to purchase it but I will probably have this product in my make-up bag more frequently.

on 10/11/2013 2:07:00 AM

I got so many compliments on my eye lashes whenever I'd layer this stuff on to my lashes. Maybe I just have long lashes, but people have asked me if I had on fake lashes or if I was using a lash growth method.. I got so many "your eyelashes are so long!" So if u have pretty decent lashes and use this mascara right, your going to get compliments. My personal opinion on it is that it's a good mascara. Good quality for what it's worth. Although, I don't like how hard it is to remove it all... It stays on my lashes even after I've used makeup removing wipes and washed my face... Ugh

on 10/9/2013 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Let me start off by saying my lashes are average length and fullness, a major problem i have is they are stubborn when it comes to staying curled. I also really like thick black, glam, in your face lashes, day or night.

With that being said, this mascara is alright. I've never had any issues with flaking, but i dont find the formula dark enough nor do i find the volume it gives me appealing. It basically just sticks all my lashes together after 2 coats and the ends of my lashes look really blunt and odd. It also is horrible at keeping my lashes curled, but most mascaras dont do good in that front for me.

I think this mascara is good for those who already have long and curled lashes, and as long and you be careful not to apply too much, i think it would look quite nice, i know my friend uses this and it looks phenomenal on her, but she has gorgeous natural lashes to begin with.

I put NO on repurchase because this is not the GREATEST mascara ever. This is a really bad beginners mascara because of the brush. It gives a lot of length and it stays on great but it's kind of difficult to put it on. I often use the Mabelline One by One for like one coat and then a few coats of The Rocket and it looks amazing. The brush is pretty clumsy in the beginning but otherwise it's a very good mascara.

on 10/9/2013 6:57:00 AM

This is my all time favorite mascara. I get so many compliments when I wear this . This gives my eyelashes more length than volume

on 10/9/2013 2:46:00 AM

This mascara is one of the bests that I've used so far! I liked the formula and the brush, it made my eyelashes more separated and I have long lashes and I just love how it made them look!! The packaging was also very nice.

on 10/5/2013 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

They call this 'The Rocket'. Yeah, it's The Rocket alright. The one that blasts my eyelashes straight into Tammy Faye Bakker territory.
This mascara is so heavy and clumpy that just one pass of it- not even what I'd consider an entire coat- is way, way too much on my eyelashes. This transforms my pretty good, long relatively thick lashes into cockroach legs. We're not talking about average run-of-the-mill shiesty hotel cockroaches either. More like terrifying Mother Of All need-assistance-to-help-kill Cockroaches here. It's that bad.
The brush creates most of the issues for me, I think. It's really hard for me to coat each lash evenly with it because the rubber fibers seem far too short and spaced apart to fan out my lashes during application. Because of this, alongside the general wet consistency of the actual mascara, all of my lashes sort of seize up and stick together. Maybe they're petrified? I can't say that the formula is very buildable on me because after the first pass, I start getting those unattractive mini-clumps toward the ends of my lashes. You know, the ones that almost look like little branches. Trying to coat the base of my lashes with the brush is extremely tricky. You can't just wiggle The Rocket's wand at the roots of the lashes like you can more bristly brushes. Doing this with The Rocket ensures twice the clumping you'd have had otherwise.
Making an attempt to comb it out only complicates matters further. If you try to attack the mascara before it has dried (and it does take a while to dry all the way up), they stick together even worse and you pretty much ruin whatever curl you had. Waiting for it to dry and then trying to tame the clumps doesn't fair much better for me either. The Rocket sets so hard that you run a real risk of losing your eyelashes if you try to comb through it.
It's no surprise that this mascara feels just as heavy on the eyelashes as it looks. If I could come up with two words to summarize my eyelashes with The Rocket on, they'd definitely be "crispy" and "hard". Kind of sounds like kettle cooked potato chips, right? That's sort of what my lashes feel like with it on too. I can genuinely feel it on my eyes. Not very pleasant.
I cannot comment on the staying power of The Rocket because I've been so turned off by this mascara since I bought it that I haven't worn it long enough to gauge it's longevity. Once I have it on, I really just want to get it off.