December 19, 2014 | 933 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum' Express

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by ajb426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have a habit of trying out each new Maybelline mascara (at least the Volum Express ones) but I was a little disappointed with this. The formula is really wet and I didn't like that too much. The results were good - dark and full lashes, but not as good on my lashes as the Colossal or Mega Plush (I am blessed with naturally long lashes, for reference). I didn't like the brush so well either; it's rubber with really short bristles, which doesn't seem to be my cup of tea. Also, this is really hard to get off! It was surprising, too, as I've never had that happen with any other Maybelline mascara. I used this for three months, as I was satisfied enough to want to get my money's worth out of it, but once the three months was up, I decided to try Mega Plush and I ended up really liking that. This might be good for some people, though. If you like rubber brushes, try this!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Makeupsmart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely hate it so much this product is horrible with one blink I have way to much on. It gets all over my eye lid and its impossible to get it off! It is just a pain in the butt to us I don't recommend this product at all it sucks

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this, it's one of the best low budget mascaras. Here's why:

*It is really black so if you have a few fairer coloured lashes it coats them very well.
*Makes your lashes look thick, full and pretty.
*It doesn't flake and stays put for a full day.
*It dries pretty quickly so you don't have to worry about it smudging or ruining your make up.
*Good price for a great mascara.

Overall, an excellent mascara that I will definitely be repurchasing. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by truth0unveiled

I would say this mascara is okay, it does the job for me. Some dont like the fact that it's quite hard to get off, but as I have really runny eyes this is only a plus for me. It doesnt give amazing lenght or thickness, i'd say its average. It's buildable though, and I find that it doesnt clump easily. Also I like the packaging, it has a fairly large brush with tiny bristels to paint with. I like this type of brush, but I know not everyone does.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by prettyLady11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Again, I typically like Maybelline Mascaras best, but I was disappointed by this one as well. It doesn't clump- which is nice- but it also doesn't thicken well.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2013 4:35:00 AM More reviews by Tangtc

I'm a fans of Maybelline mascara, been using maybelline colossal and like it so much. Then i changed to this rocket mascara after reading all the positives reviews. It does lengthen my lashes and volume, but it goes abit clump when i apply for the third coat. The things which i against the most is this mascara doesn't hold the curl at all! Im asian and usually i will curl my lashes with eyelash curler, then only i apply mascara,usually it works but for this mascara, eventhough i have curled my lashes with eyelash curler, but once i applied this mascara, my lashes point up straight, my curl gone.
I will never purchase this mascara again. or i have to find a way to hold my curl.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by ErCar

I'm surprised that this mascara doesn't have better reviews. It's probably the best drugstore mascara I've tried...other than Voluminous Carbon Black. I love Voluminous but it doesn't hold a curl at all. This one does. The formula is super black, which, frankly, is hard to find in a mascara! (I also have Cover Girl Clump Crusher, which people seem to love...and that's more of a soft black...no thanks). So this is very black, holds a curl, creates GREAT volume and length. It's honestly almost perfect. The ONLY con, is that it is hard to remove. I use Sonia Kashuk waterproof eye makeup remover, which is an awesome product, but even with that I really have to work to get this mascara completely off. I don't like that because it feels damaging to my lashes. If you go at it slowly though, it does all come off.

Other than that, this is truly a great drugstore mascara and yes, I would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by fionamills123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara!!! I would defiantly buy it again in a heartbeat! It goes your lashes a great volume and makes them appear longer but doesn't clump. I would recommend it to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I loved this mascara except that it gave me raccoon eyes. It smeared a little on my lower lashes. I loved how black it is...the volume and length too.....only problem that it smeared. Will keep trying to work with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by iEndlessly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this mascara for the last few months and I must say I love it, Maybelline has created another winner for me! I like this product so much, I'll even say (in my opinion) that it is better then Benefit's They're Real Mascara! I'll elaborate this in a bit.

My eyelashes are uncooperative, and always require a mascara that provides volume and length. This mascara not only fit all my needs, it comes with a cheap price tag which just makes me all the more happier.

I've read a few negative reviews on this product, mostly concerning about the difficulty of removing this product. YES, this product has a thicker and more "heavy duty" formula so it will take more then the usually 1-2 minutes to take off, however it is not impossible, Frankly I have found success by using either the Clinique Eye Make Up Remover or the Neutrogena Eye Make Up Remover. All you need is a little patience ladies! ;)

For me, I found that this mascara is better that They're Real for the following reasons:
- it is slightly easier to remove (key word, slightly)
- it gives evident length and volume almost identical to They're Real
- there is less clumps in my lashes, and i always am able to steer clear of "spider lashes" (the applicator thing is what makes all the difference)
- very build able
- the formula (i feel) is lighter then They're Real; so your lashes should stay up longer, it dries pretty fast compared to They're Real
- great dupe for They're Real... one third of the price!

This mascara has gotten me plenty of compliments.... more often then when I wear They're Real from Benefit... not sure if it's just coincidence though. Overall I really am happy with this product, I probably will be repurchasing in the future when I run out; unless Maybelline is able to surprise me with a new mascara that I fall in love with.