Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 9/11/2013 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is probably amongst the best of the Maybelline mascaras I have used, and the best of the Volume Express collection. Although a bit 'wet' compared the others it is far more separating and less clumpy but gives my tiny lashes lots of length but not much curl. Yet with use of a curler, this gives me wonderful super black quite long lashes. Thanks Maybelline(:

on 9/11/2013 4:16:00 PM

The best

on 9/8/2013 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

First off i really enjoyed this mascara and i would buy this again...the only thing is after a while it just isnt the same as when i first got it!! I am a mascara LOVER and i am still looking for a mascara that will make me stop looking :)

on 9/8/2013 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

It's a decent mascara and makes a good job at volumising the lashes (it's volumising not lenghtening), it's dark black and has a good consistency. Personally i don't think it clumps at all but it has a rather chunky and short wand that could be potentially a danger when applying it. The real issue I have with this mascara is about removing it. My Bioderma struggles a bit and I have never had any problem before with this make up remover. You need an oil based remover and I don't like the idea of tugging and pulling around the delicate eye area so tha's why I won't repurchase it again, even if I believe it's a good drugstore pick.

on 9/8/2013 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this mascara!!! Gives me great length and volume. Hardly clumps and the blackest shade makes your lashes look super thick. Only downside is the brush is kind of spiky and hurts if you touch your waterline or have sensitive eyes.

on 9/7/2013 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I didn't like this mascara at all. The brush is large and rubbery with little rubber spikes all over it. The brush's shape makes it so hard to remove excess mascara before applying (which there was a lot of). It deposits way too much wet mascara on your lashes resulting in clumps.

I spend 5 minutes on each eye using a eyelash comb to pull my lashes apart and to try distribute the mascara evenly. I wouldn't put 2 coats on - it would just make a huge, wet mess.

Edit: Also, those little spikes are sharper than your average mascara wand...be careful while applying.

on 9/7/2013 5:44:00 AM

I have really never liked the madcaras from Maybeline, so I actually don't know why I even bought this. But I did. In the beggining I actually really liked it. It gave perfect volume and lenght to all of my lashes without getting clumpy, but after a week or so there were a lot more clumps. I am really good at not pumping it too much, knowing that that will cause clumps. So I guess this was just another clumpy mascara from Maybeline, it just weren't clumpy in the beginning. I have already replaced it with one from L'oreal, but I tend to use it some times.

on 9/5/2013 8:32:00 PM

Honestly, I don't know what the big deal is with this mascara. The brush has very short, rubbery bristles, and the product goes on quite clumpy; it is difficult to "clean" the brush to get rid of excess product before applying. Also, it is IMPOSSIBLE to wash off of lashes. I used it today and it took me about ten minutes to completely remove. It did lengthen a bit, but did not hold the curl from my lash curler very well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely hate this mascara. It is lengthening and a great black colour, but it makes my lashes sooo clumpy, looks like I have four really thick eyelashes on each eye. I find the applicator is really prickly, I have used similar applicators before but this one is really hard and the spikes are quite sharp so an accidental poke to the eye will leave you with a sore red eye for the whole day. Also, when I apply it and get little smudges on my eyelids, it's impossible to take off. I usually have to use makeup remover, wash my face and then use makeup remover again before bed, and by the time I wake up I'll still likely have black smudges under my eyes.
For a similar price I'd 100% go back to using the orange LashBlast mascara.

on 9/5/2013 2:39:00 PM

This mascara is not the best. It is a very black formula which I love and the packaging is really cute. What I didn't like us how this mascara made my eyelashes clump together. I thought it would really separate based off of the wand, but I didn't. It also made my eyelashes very brittle. I would definitely go for another maybelline mascara and pass this one up.

Video Reviews & Tutorials