April 23, 2014 | 1967 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Lesliemh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was initially happy to find that L'Oreal made this BB Cream, as they usually have a generally good quality product for reasonable prices, but I was quickly disappointed! Despite coming out the the tube a pearly white color that was to match my light skin, it was incredibly orangey (unnatural color) when I put it on my face - even with a tan it wouldn't have looked right. It also seemed to accentuate dryness and I just couldn't get the color to blend well at all. This may still be a good product for some, but I would caution anyone with fair or light skin tones that it likely won't color match at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by VALee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second tube of this in the Light version. It has performed well with everyday use through Texas heat and recent high humidity. Will keep using until I'm ready to experiment again.

I use Oil of Olay Complete for Oily/Combination skin under it; which I think helps with keeping oiliness under control.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 6:24:00 AM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

wow, what's up with every makeup/skin care brand releasing BB creams these days??

anyways, i received a sample of this at a fashion event and to be honest im so glad i did. l'oreal is super expensive where i live and i never would have tried this otherwise as a tube costs around $30 nzd, um, no thanks! but this stuff is amazing! i got mine in the shade medium, it's one of those smart shade things where the liquid comes out white but as you rub it in it adjusts to your skin colour. to be honest the experience of rubbing this into my skin is kinda weird since i can really feel the beads. it's almost like exfoliating, but maybe not as harsh. the coverage it gives is medium at best but that's all i need since my skin's been behaving lately. i dont think it has any spf so it's my perfect night-time foundation where i want a bit of coverage but dont want a mask on. i probably would repurchase if it goes on sale. good product nevertheless!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by sjlc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is PERFECT for those days that you just wanna wear mascara and have a natural look...I have fair and it's wonderful! It doesn't make your skin oily and messy like others I've tried. The darker shades will make you orange so if youre lighter definitely go with fair. Over time it improves quality of skin and when you put it on you just look so healthy. The texture is indeed not the best...if you can get past that it's great
I recommend this and a light powder over the top for staying power

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by greykat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Purchased Fair and LOVE the way it looks on my skin, initially. BUT, over time it seems to dry out and accentuate dry patches--my skin feels tight and dry. (This is AFTER I layer on antioxident serum and sunscreen first.)
Not the best for dry skin. I love the light coverage; just wish it were more moisturizing.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by marant

I agree with some of the other reviewers about the texture of this BB cream. I chose the Fair shade and the consistency and colour is just not for my skin at all. Blotches of orange & dry looking patches and it was hard to rub in and blend. It provided my skin without any kind of coverage at all, in fact, if anything Id say it made my skin look worse!
Ive resorted to using it on my neck and chest to not waste it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by modelsoup202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am on the fence with this BB cream. I like the finish and the color match is decent. However, I really really do not like those beads. I do not know I find them a little irritating to the skin. Another thing is that for some reason all Western BB creams have no coverage at all. My Asian ones all have around a Medium coverage, and this thing has a light coverage at best. Still need to use it more before I consider repurchasing or tossing this away,

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by DCarter23103

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

One of the things I notice the most about reviews on non-Asian BB creams is that the vast majority of the reviewers assume that the American version of BB cream will be exactly the same as the Asian versions. This usually results in the American version receiving bad reviews because it is not the same as the Asian version. They are definitely not the same although, both have their benefits.

I've reviewed a couple of the Asian creams, which I like very much, as well as a couple of the American creams. They definitely are different. This L'Oreal verion is very nice.. It goes on smoothly, the color match on me (I'm a NW20 in Mac and I purchased the Light version in this one) is excellent and it doesn't oxidize into an orange color. The final finish is kind of a silky, satin/matte finish that looks great. Keep in mind, though, that I have mostly dry skin with a very little shine in my T zone so makeup that would turn orange on an oily skin person does not "turn" on me.

I'd definitely recommend this and will purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

AWFUL! This stuff is just the worst in every possible way. It comes out of the tube as a grainy, white cream. The white turns into the shade as you rub it on. The finish is heavy, chalky and thick leaving a mask-like finish. It feels greasy and as if it is smothering my skin. I had it on and was shocked when I looked at myself in the mirror a few hours later. The shades totally suck. My face was orangey and greasy with the Light shade. I then tried my friend"s Fair shade and looked even worse, kind of pinkish gray and greasy. Yuck...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried a sample of this in light. For reference, I have combo, acne-prone skin that is currently under control with retinol, BP and mineral makeup. I've heard so much about BB cream that I had to try it. Sadly, this stuff looked like spackle on my face. As the day progressed, the color darkened a bit but never fully absorbed, leaving my skin feeling suffocated and dirty. Will not purchase.