September 18, 2014 | 1035 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this foundation goes really well! It brings a nice dewy finish to the skin! It applies really well,it goes on smoothly on the application! It last fairly long! I took w6 for my olive skintone,and it's perfect! I don't feel it on the skin as being heavy! It's a light foundation,that covers well and that brings a nice dewy finish! I got this also in n4 for a more neutral look!Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by XenaNg

I found this to be much more bendable than the original True Match. I'm W3 nude Beige, and this was perfect. The fact that it comes with a pump is even better. However, I did get oily faster than I thought I would. No big deal, since I could just top it with powder. I'd rather wear this in the colder seasons, as it was a bit much for me in the heat.

So far, it has been the best drugstore foundation I have used yet. The coverage is buildable and it did not break me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by dollyhorse101

Great foundation! It has great coverage and applies easily with any kind of foundation brush. It was more liquidy than I expected but it doesn't really matter as long as it works! I LOVE the packaging, the pump is great! And the bottle looks really nice and elegant. I do find it slightly oily, but that can easily be fixed with powder! They also have a great colour selection. It was easy to find my right shade. I'm quite pale, with pinkish undertones. This foundation is probably best for summer though, because it is moisturizing but because of the more oily feel, it might not be nice in warmer weather or if you have oily skin. But with my dry skin it's really nice!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Would I buy this again..I don't know; I think this may be going back to the store.It is a perfectly good foundation-those who used Translucide in the past may find this to be somewhat of similar product.HOWEVER...
I have decent skin,but I'm also turning 40 in 2 months. Fine lines are a creepin' up on me,and I refuse to do Botox. My motto is this,stolen from the Facts of Life sitcom: "you get old,you get ugly,you live with it." So what I'm trying to say is that I need coverage-not a whole lot,but coverage that is light to medium,doesn't suck every ounce of sebum out of my pores (I lean to the dry side with oilier T zone) and doesn't cost a king's ransom. This is sort of good,but not excellent. Like others mentioned-get it if you don't need a lot,have a normal,even complexion and are just looking for a little glowy pick up. If this is you,you're very,very lucky.(And thousands of women hate you-just kidding!!)
I was very thankful for testers-(someone is listening; go L'Oreal!!) but found many of the shades ran light. If you're W3 in True Match,you may find yourself in a W4 or even W5 for example.I got W5 and I think it's still too light for my NC25 skin; it looked ashy.I had a far better match in the Visible Lift creme with Natural Buff,both for color and coverage.
If you run dry you want to go with the VL-it's a bit more $,but won't settle into your pores.
I found the cheapest at Wal Mart for 10.97 and had a $2 off coupon.Check your newspapers-there are at least 1-2 $2 off coupons every month for L'Oreal face products.It does contain a broad spectrum SPF 20,so that is a plus.If this doesn't work for you,definitely check out the new Visible Lift.I am in no way affiliated with L'Oreal; this is just my personal experience with both products.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Nicole1021

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this! Covers well and doesn't cake. Leaves skin smooth with just the slightest glow. Would personally like it a little dewier. Good for dry skin. Great color match for me too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

I took advantage of the samples provided for this makeup, using the back of my hand. In regular True March I use a W2 which is a great match for me. In the Lumi version, the W1-2 was a little too light considering how sheer this foundation is. Actually, I found the N1-2 a better choice. The foundation does have an unusual luminous quality but is not sparkly. It would be great for someone with good skin who just wants a "glow" and sun protection ( a 5 lippy for those) but it is too sheer for anyone who needs more coverage. I did notice it contains oxychloride bismuth which is a common offender for allergic reactions in mineral makeup. It does have a pump.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Cutekitti

I think this is the best foundation I've tried yet. The color in W1 is perfect for my super fair neutral toned skin (N1 seemed oranger) I have worn this for the last several days and its really worked well. I work in an operating room and wear a mask much of the day. It didnt budge. I saw a little shine after about 6-7 hours and I did set it with powder. It gives a lovely finish that is almost dewey but not quite and it really seems to make my pores disapear. I love it! I really hope that its not dc'd after the summer. I would be crushed

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I loved this. I've been using less liquid foundation during the summertime but I saw this and had to try it. It's currently my favorite foundation. It has medium coverage that could be built to full with a little effort. It IS luminous but NOT shiny or sparky so those with oily skin I suspect could still appreciate this. Love that it has SPF.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm DYING to buy this, but I went to Walgreens today and played around with the testers. IMO, the difference of colors between W1-2 and W3, etc. is too big. 1-2 is too light, while the rest are too dark (AND 3,4,5 look pretty much the same color). On my hand, it feels nice and not greasy. Of course, I don't expect it to perform the same way on my face. For a DS brand it's not cheap, either. I said I would not buy this only because I don't have the 'maybe' choice. Knowing what a junkie I am ... Maybe I could get the W3 and use it as a mixer. However, do I want to spend $15 just for that? And I hate the hassle of returning things. Oh, well. If I decide to buy it, I'll keep you posted.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I would not buy this again as I was an oil slick by noon. I have super oily skin and this looked beautiful when I left the house and I even set it with a little bit of powder.

The coverage was not that great either. I loved the bottle with the pump. It looks like a high end brand.

I wanted this to work for me but I don't think it works with oily skin. I have used the other True Match in the tiny bottle that worked much better with my oily skin.