NARS Exhibit A

4.6

on 1/25/2003 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Sooo glad I took the plunge and bought this blush based on the recs here on the board. This is probably my favorite blush of all time. As everyone else said it's a very unusual scary shade in the compact, but looks absolutely wonderful on if applied sparingly and blended well. It really brightens and lights up your whole face. Lasting power is incredible - no touch ups needed..ever. Would definitely buy this again but it looks like this will last for years. It may not be for everyone depending on their skin tone, but give it a try, you might be surprised. You can always swap it if it doesn't work for you.

Update: 1/3/04 - This is still my HG blush. Everything else I try looks so blah in comparison. :))) continued >>

on 1/18/2003 12:02:00 AM

Looks very scary in the pan, bright red-orange, no shimmer. But applied lightly, it is gorgeous, it gave me such a healthy flush. I thought the flush seemed more "natural" on me, because it doesn't have any shimmer.

on 1/2/2003 4:16:00 PM

Very sexy color that when used lightly looks like you've been in the Havana heat all day long! Even looks good on the fair skinned, but I have a feeling that it would look even better on those with darker skin.

on 12/30/2002 10:51:00 PM

I was introduced to this blush by the NARS MA who really thought I should try it. Application tip--this blush needs to be used with a very soft silky brush so that it gives you a sheer brightening effect. It looked great with a defined lip and just a swipe of dark liner on the top lashes.

on 12/22/2002 1:22:00 PM

Okay, but this screams orange in the compact, and let me say I can where nothing orange. BUT, when you put it on, it gives you this "just came out of the cold" glow. It is gorgeous on. I am MAC NC30 with pinky undertones and light golden/red brown hair. I love it and highly recommend just giving it a try.

on 12/21/2002 9:30:00 AM

A fabulous blush I would never have dared try if it hadn't had such rave reviews here. Even then, I made the Nars MA test-apply it to me before purchase to double-check. This is an orange-toned red rather than a true orange, and highly pigmented. A certain skill is required in application in order to avoid a clownish effect. Firstly, the cheeks must be dry, powdered if necessary, to avoid excessive product take-up. A large, soft and fluffy brush is required to ensure diffuse distribution, and excess product must be tapped off the brush before application. The effect which works on me is to apply in two or three layers on the cheek apple, blending downwards. This gives the most fabulous healthy flush. Wearing it any higher simply gives the appearance of feverish overheating. I find this is such a 'statement' blush that the best accompaniment is a neutral eye and sheer glossy lip. When I have the time, I apply over a base of Stila Persimmon (sheer matte palest yellow-peach), which increases the 'glow' effect even further. This is fast becoming an everyday staple for me, a brilliant product which works so much better than I could have ever guessed.

on 12/20/2002 10:40:00 AM

i got sucked into the hype and decided to try this. even when i applied it *very* lightly, i still felt like it was too noticable. i could see how it would be beautiful on other skintones but it just did not work for me.

on 12/19/2002 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have an eye for bright colors,and this one screamed out"BUY ME", at the counter.Unfortunatly it screamed even louder on my face.
You really need a light hand with this blush it's extremly easy to look like a kewpie doll.
If you get it right you'll look great all day. If not, you might have to start over again.
This blush would look fabulous on a very dark skin person.

I really like this blush. It is VERY scary in the compact, but looks wonderful on my PPP yellow-toned skin. I am really excited about this blush. You do have to make sure that you wipe alot of it off of the brush before applying or it'll look like Bozo the clown came to town! But overall, I really like it!

on 12/17/2002 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Yes, I am a cool-toned PPP and I can wear this. (falls over in shock!) I would never have purchased this had it not been for the enthusiasm on the boards and the very specific instructions that were posted. When applied with a super light hand, this gives a red glowing flush a la Snow White. If you mess up, you will look like a clown. It's worth the effort though.

Top Rated NARS Products