NARS Exhibit A

4.6

on 12/30/2002 10:51:00 PM

I was introduced to this blush by the NARS MA who really thought I should try it. Application tip--this blush needs to be used with a very soft silky brush so that it gives you a sheer brightening effect. It looked great with a defined lip and just a swipe of dark liner on the top lashes.

on 12/22/2002 1:22:00 PM

Okay, but this screams orange in the compact, and let me say I can where nothing orange. BUT, when you put it on, it gives you this "just came out of the cold" glow. It is gorgeous on. I am MAC NC30 with pinky undertones and light golden/red brown hair. I love it and highly recommend just giving it a try.

on 12/21/2002 9:30:00 AM

A fabulous blush I would never have dared try if it hadn't had such rave reviews here. Even then, I made the Nars MA test-apply it to me before purchase to double-check. This is an orange-toned red rather than a true orange, and highly pigmented. A certain skill is required in application in order to avoid a clownish effect. Firstly, the cheeks must be dry, powdered if necessary, to avoid excessive product take-up. A large, soft and fluffy brush is required to ensure diffuse distribution, and excess product must be tapped off the brush before application. The effect which works on me is to apply in two or three layers on the cheek apple, blending downwards. This gives the most fabulous healthy flush. Wearing it any higher simply gives the appearance of feverish overheating. I find this is such a 'statement' blush that the best accompaniment is a neutral eye and sheer glossy lip. When I have the time, I apply over a base of Stila Persimmon (sheer matte palest yellow-peach), which increases the 'glow' effect even further. This is fast becoming an everyday staple for me, a brilliant product which works so much better than I could have ever guessed.

on 12/20/2002 10:40:00 AM

i got sucked into the hype and decided to try this. even when i applied it *very* lightly, i still felt like it was too noticable. i could see how it would be beautiful on other skintones but it just did not work for me.

on 12/19/2002 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have an eye for bright colors,and this one screamed out"BUY ME", at the counter.Unfortunatly it screamed even louder on my face.
You really need a light hand with this blush it's extremly easy to look like a kewpie doll.
If you get it right you'll look great all day. If not, you might have to start over again.
This blush would look fabulous on a very dark skin person.

I really like this blush. It is VERY scary in the compact, but looks wonderful on my PPP yellow-toned skin. I am really excited about this blush. You do have to make sure that you wipe alot of it off of the brush before applying or it'll look like Bozo the clown came to town! But overall, I really like it!

on 12/17/2002 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Yes, I am a cool-toned PPP and I can wear this. (falls over in shock!) I would never have purchased this had it not been for the enthusiasm on the boards and the very specific instructions that were posted. When applied with a super light hand, this gives a red glowing flush a la Snow White. If you mess up, you will look like a clown. It's worth the effort though.

on 12/16/2002 10:17:00 PM

Okay I got sucked in too! And, I'm not sorry that I did, because I think this blush is gorgeous. Again, application is key - do NOT generously swipe your brush across this. Build up slowly - I applied just a dab and blended, and then applied a bit more until I got the desired flush. It gave such a glowy look - I'm hooked! While I love Orgasm, this shows up more on me, so those who were disappointed by the big O might like this better. Most would look good in it, but really fair women might have to pass. Overall though I do think this is worth the hype.

on 12/14/2002 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Yep, I had to jump on the bandwagon for this, just because it was new, different, and 'controversial'! :-) I am really glad that I did! For once, an impulse purchase that wasn't a dud. I'm pretty pale, brown eyes and reddish/brown hair, and I think this is just beautiful on! Yes, you need to apply it carefully and lightly, but really no differently than any other blush. Just do a light sweep on the surface, tap the brush on the mirrored side of the compact, and apply. 1 - 2 swipes is fine, then just do some blending and you're set! It really is beautiful. To punch it up a bit I added MAC sheer shimmer powder in B-Jeweled, and that looked great as well.

on 12/11/2002 4:40:00 PM

Absolutely gorgeous color. This color will work on everyone, from light to pale, but, not if you can't handle any form of orange on the face. The blush is orange. Now settle down, it's not like you are going to look like a drag queen from Esqualita with this (not if you don't apply liberally anyway) but orange toned products just don't meld with some peoples complexion. This gives me a gorgeous and natural flush of color. Big rave here.

Popular Blush Products