September 3, 2014 | 1326 users online

Blush - NARS - Exhibit A

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2002 9:30:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

A fabulous blush I would never have dared try if it hadn't had such rave reviews here. Even then, I made the Nars MA test-apply it to me before purchase to double-check. This is an orange-toned red rather than a true orange, and highly pigmented. A certain skill is required in application in order to avoid a clownish effect. Firstly, the cheeks must be dry, powdered if necessary, to avoid excessive product take-up. A large, soft and fluffy brush is required to ensure diffuse distribution, and excess product must be tapped off the brush before application. The effect which works on me is to apply in two or three layers on the cheek apple, blending downwards. This gives the most fabulous healthy flush. Wearing it any higher simply gives the appearance of feverish overheating. I find this is such a 'statement' blush that the best accompaniment is a neutral eye and sheer glossy lip. When I have the time, I apply over a base of Stila Persimmon (sheer matte palest yellow-peach), which increases the 'glow' effect even further. This is fast becoming an everyday staple for me, a brilliant product which works so much better than I could have ever guessed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2002 10:40:00 AM More reviews by laurilauri

i got sucked into the hype and decided to try this. even when i applied it *very* lightly, i still felt like it was too noticable. i could see how it would be beautiful on other skintones but it just did not work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2002 1:28:00 AM More reviews by raetana

I have an eye for bright colors,and this one screamed out"BUY ME", at the counter.Unfortunatly it screamed even louder on my face.
You really need a light hand with this blush it's extremly easy to look like a kewpie doll.
If you get it right you'll look great all day. If not, you might have to start over again.
This blush would look fabulous on a very dark skin person.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2002 11:19:00 AM More reviews by silverbutterfly

I really like this blush. It is VERY scary in the compact, but looks wonderful on my PPP yellow-toned skin. I am really excited about this blush. You do have to make sure that you wipe alot of it off of the brush before applying or it'll look like Bozo the clown came to town! But overall, I really like it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2002 11:27:00 AM More reviews by proflady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yes, I am a cool-toned PPP and I can wear this. (falls over in shock!) I would never have purchased this had it not been for the enthusiasm on the boards and the very specific instructions that were posted. When applied with a super light hand, this gives a red glowing flush a la Snow White. If you mess up, you will look like a clown. It's worth the effort though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2002 10:17:00 PM More reviews by bumble

Okay I got sucked in too! And, I'm not sorry that I did, because I think this blush is gorgeous. Again, application is key - do NOT generously swipe your brush across this. Build up slowly - I applied just a dab and blended, and then applied a bit more until I got the desired flush. It gave such a glowy look - I'm hooked! While I love Orgasm, this shows up more on me, so those who were disappointed by the big O might like this better. Most would look good in it, but really fair women might have to pass. Overall though I do think this is worth the hype.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2002 8:23:00 PM More reviews by dblaze

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yep, I had to jump on the bandwagon for this, just because it was new, different, and 'controversial'! :-) I am really glad that I did! For once, an impulse purchase that wasn't a dud. I'm pretty pale, brown eyes and reddish/brown hair, and I think this is just beautiful on! Yes, you need to apply it carefully and lightly, but really no differently than any other blush. Just do a light sweep on the surface, tap the brush on the mirrored side of the compact, and apply. 1 - 2 swipes is fine, then just do some blending and you're set! It really is beautiful. To punch it up a bit I added MAC sheer shimmer powder in B-Jeweled, and that looked great as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2002 4:40:00 PM More reviews by dana

Absolutely gorgeous color. This color will work on everyone, from light to pale, but, not if you can't handle any form of orange on the face. The blush is orange. Now settle down, it's not like you are going to look like a drag queen from Esqualita with this (not if you don't apply liberally anyway) but orange toned products just don't meld with some peoples complexion. This gives me a gorgeous and natural flush of color. Big rave here.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2002 12:41:00 PM More reviews by NYgirl

You've got to be kidding! This is a very dark red/orange blush that scared me when I first saw it. I couldn't imagine who on earth would want to wear this ridiculous color. I figured that maybe I was missing out so I applied it VERY lightly to my cheeks in Sephora and this looked AWFUL!! My skin isn't even that pale and this made me look like a clown. The SA came over and said that she thinks that NARS makes a lot of other more wearable blushes and she tried Sin on me instead. Exhibit A has got to be the single worst blush that I have ever tried!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2002 4:58:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WOW!!!!! This is bright!!!!! This is a very bright, dark reddish orange. It looks really scary in the compact. If you apply it VERY lightly than you might be able to get this to work for you but this is not the type of color that I like. I would rather wear more natural looking blushes.