November 27, 2014 | 1595 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love the generous 2 oz size for the price! It tends to squirt out of the tube as its quite thin so be careful. I actually have this in medium/deep but couldn't find where that product was - I only saw the 'light' review. But as its the same product, I'll put my two cents in here. My skin is an nw 25-ish or 3.5 (warm beige) in Bobbi. Why did I get med/deep you may ask? Well I have oily skin and was liking my skin79 pink label, but even after oxidizing it looked too light. So I thought a nice mattifying bb cream in a darker shade would mix nicely. It does! And this garnier bb cream for oily skin is like the Mac Pro longwear of bb creams! I put some on my hand to test shade at Kmart and it like didn't wash off til I scrubbed it off! I use an oil based makeup remover so removing it at night isn't a problem. I like how this adds some warmth, oil absorption, and longevity to my skin79. Will definitely be using this alone in the summer! For the price and quantity u get, an excellent, long wearing product for oily skin. Live the SPF 20 too.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by emmako

The coverage is better than the previous version of Garnier BB creams, but it still has a lot of crap in it, and can irritate sensitive skin, or cause break outs. I still wouldn't ditch my Korean BB creams for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 3:39:00 AM More reviews by emtorbz

Decided to try this product after reading some good reviews. Have not tried the regular version but this version (oil-free) looks amazing on my skin!

In Australian heat/humidity, my forehead and cheeks were becoming quite oily with my previous combination of moisturiser, sunscreen and makeup. This product has helped to dramatically reduce this problem! I feel it also provides really great coverage - I only need to add concealer where required and some powder if I want a different finish.

This product is great for the price but I'm going to explore getting a higher SPF BB cream, as it's only SPF 15. Still, I am happy to use this product regularly and will probably use this instead of foundation a lot of the time from now on.

UPDATE: I've used this almost daily for about the past 3 months and while I haven't had huge breakouts and pimples, I think it's caused a little bit of mild congestion under my skin surface which I never had before. For example - i've had what feels like lots of tiny little bumps around my chin/jaw area (not actually noticeable unless you feel it properly with fingers). I've been trying to reduce my use of the product and think this problem has improved a bit, so I don't think I'll be repurchasing. Shame, because it would otherwise be a fairly good, affordable BB cream.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I didn't even bother trying the regular version of this product because it was getting such poor reviews, but this one finally came out for oily/combination skin so I tried it out.

I have DRY skin but it works well for me and still hydrates and feels dewey throughout the day. The coverage is okay for a bb cream and I find that I can layer it up. I am about nc25 and wear this in light/medium, in Canada we have light, light/medium and dark, not sure about other countries (in the reviews I've noticed claims there are only two shades). It comes out really light on your hand but then darkens a lot on your skin, I could of probably gone with light instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by philipjfryxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I didn't really expect much from this product but it surprised me.
The light colour is not really light - i have really light yellow undertoned skin and this one is little bit to dark, but when blended, looks okay. The texture is really watery - you have to storage your bottle upside down or the product will just run out of the bottle. But still i like the texture - it is not heavy and easy to blend.
Coverage is fine. I have really pink cheeks naturally and it looks horrible - it covers them almost, but it doesn't cover blemishes or acne scaring.
It smells like an alcohol - well that's because it's one of the main ingredients - but still it doesn't dry my combinated skin (cheeks and around mouth - dry, forehead, chin & nose - oily) and is quite mattiying. But it's better to use a powder over it.
If you set it with powder (well that depens on which powder do you use), it stays on all the day.
Really good for school days, weekends or events when you just want to have an even skin tone and nothing really heavy and full coverage.
I apply it with flat foundation brush, flat top kabuki brush or my hands.
Recommend and i'll repurchase it. I have one bottle already for 6 months and use it 3-4 times a week, 1/2 - 1/3 still left.

+ blendeable, not heavy, not drying, still mattifying
- texture, could be little bit creamier, little bit orange, packaging

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

Overall Rating: 3/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: $11-13 US Dollars
COVERAGE: Light-Medium, and its very buildable. I was surprised by how much coverage this gave, considering its a BB cream (more like a tinted moisturizer. Will explain why later). It cancels out all my redness, and blurs all my imperfections.
FINISH: This gives a sort of satin-y finish. Completely undetectable. It can accentuate dry patches, so those with dry skin might want to wear a moisturizer underneath.
TEXTURE: Very runny and liquid-y, which can be a little inconvenient. Its not much of a BB "cream".
SPF: 20
LASTING POWER: This actually does control oil! I didn't even set it with powder and it has lasted my entire day. I did have to blot with a blotting paper a few times, so if you are super oily, it may need to be set with powder.
SHADES:In the US, there is "Light/Medium" which is what I got, there is also a "Medium/Deep" and a "Deep".
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: Sadly... this is why I cant use this awesome, awesome stuff. It does tend to break me out a bit, which is so sad! This SERIOUSLY would be the best thing ever if it didnt break me out.
PACKAGING: Usually, I have no problem with squeeze tubes. However, this stuff is so insanely runny that it leaks out of the tube. I have to store it right-side up.
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: No :(
FINAL VERDICT: I really like this, but I would not consider it a BB cream. Reason why is I did not find any ingredients in it that can correct any skin problems over time. The whole point of a BB cream is it is supposed to have skin care ingredients in it, which this does not. Plus it breaks me out :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Frickin love this bb cream!!!! They released this in the UK first and I was waiting all this time. It wasn't until I went to Walgreens when I saw the display. Picked this up in light-medium. I'm an nc25-30 and I thought the darker shade might've been too dark/pink for me. Goes on scary light but blends nicely into the skin. It still looks too light for my skintone but it's something that bronzer can fix. Love the formula; it's a bit runny but it's light and sets quick, leaving a matte finish. I apply this with a real techniques buffing brush. This feels like a tinted mousturizer. it evens out my skintone without looking like im wearing any makeup. It does a decent job at controlling my oils but it leaves a nice glow to my skin throughout the day. doesn't break me out! If I do get tanner, I would definitely try out the darker shade.

1/24/13 - still living this product. Doesn't make me break out and I swear it has made my face blemish free. Doesn't clog my pores. Love love!

Edit (6/12/13):
This bb cream is alright to me now haha. My skin has been going through a weird face where it is normal/combo now so this bb cream sometimes is too drying for me. It does cling onto dry patches so be sure to moisturized well. Because it is summer, I got a bit tanner so I purchased the "medium/deep" shade. I am a nc30-35 now and the light/medium is too light and the medium/deep is too dark and orange for me. Wish they had a bigger range of shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Mum85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because the original was too greasy/oily for me especially in summer,I love everything about this except the spf 15 which I wish was higher and that's it's runny when it comes out,the colour is perfect on my med tan skin,it hides my large pores and I look flawless,the coverage is around medium and is build-able I have very oily skin and I don't need powder only in the afternoon and even then its not very bad with shine or sliding off,other than rimmel (which is my fav) this is def my second favourite

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by jg3net

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product!!! Controls oil, nice coverage (as for BB cream), very light - indeed I use it when I go to the gym as well as on weekends. Doesn't dry out skin - simply perfect!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by maudwang

I've tried a lot of BB creams in the past, mostly Asian brands, and they were always very thick, greyish, and i always ended up super oily after an hour. And every single one of those had some kind of whitening properties (which is very popular in Asia, but honestly, i prefer having a nice natural tan, hehe).
I bought the Garnier bb cream because i ran out of my usual foundation, and i needed something, anything really, to wear everyday until i bought a new bottle.
My, oh my, was i surprised! This is totally oil free, super light yet offers great coverage, my skin ends up velvety smooth, it stays on for quite some time (about 5-6h).
It basically gives me my own skin, but a thousand times better.
I'm a college student and i have combination skin. Every morning i just put this bb cream on, with a little mascara and blush and poof! super natural and refreshed look! Perfect for going to class and compared to a regular high end foundation it's super cheap.
I still use my regular foundation for special events, or when i'm going out, or having my picture taken, but this has made a huge difference in my every morning routine.
CAVE: only (small) problem with the packaging, there's no drip-stop cap (or however it is called) and the product is pretty runny so it's a bit messy. I'm hoping that Garnier is going to change that in a future edition.