Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

3.6

G790475 - AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ALCOHOL DENAT. , BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, SQUALANE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TALC, NYLON-12, MALTITOL, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SORBITOL, PERLITE, VACCINIUM MYRTILLUS FRUIT EXTRACT, <+/- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES>.(F.I.L. B51922/1).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Garnier, let's talk.
I originally was hesitant towards buying this, due to Garnier's last "BB Cream" turning even the driest parts of my skin into an unholy, orange oil slick. Yuck.
But this is formulated for Combination to Oily skin (the former of which happens to be my skin type) so I gave it a shot.
First of all, Garnier really hit the nail on the head with oil control. I'm shine free and it does even out my skin much better. The scent isn't nearly as strong in their last version. It's a subtle smell, which if I could describe, I would say is a bit Lemon Pledge-y. I like it. It smells clean. The old formula just smelled toxic.
Here's where my love ends...pay attention Garnier.
It's a very runny formula, which I don't mind too much, but it makes a squeeze tube impractical. Perhaps a bottle with a pump, Garnier?
And finally...
It's way too dark, leaning towards orange for me to use without foundation over it. Even then it can darken my foundation to the point where it just looks weird. So Garnier, please make a paler shade. It can't be that hard, you accomplished that goal with the orange grease trap that was your last product.
Would I repurchase? If there are lighter shades, I'd love to.

I purchased this product because of all the hype about BB creams.
I liked that it was for oily skin as I have very oily/acne prone skin that is quite fair.
I loved it! I dapped a little on the back of my hand in the store before purchasing to make sure it would match closely enough to my skin tone and the next day applied a bit to my whole face in a light layer. It covered imperfections without being cakey and did not make my face feel greasy the whole day. For someone whos face gets shiny at least three times throughout the day, it truly did work miracles!
I loved that I did not have to use a lot of it and did not need any other products layered with it.
I did not need to reapply at all over the day and my face did not get oily.
Overall I would recommend this to friends with similar skin types but if you are going to try it, dab a tiny bit on the back of your hand and make sure it matches before buying or you may end up unhappy with the color.

on 3/13/2013 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This stuff is great! It has the best oil control in all the foundations I have ever used. I have a VERY oily T zone. I use this EVERY DAY.

I use it in light color, but it is just a tad light and pink for me. So, for my everyday use I mix it with MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC20 . Very little (maybe a quarter of a pump, very little covers your whole face with a brush) MAC SFF with equal amount of this product on a palette, and apply with MAC 187. This blends it into a cooler tone that matches my skin and increase its coverage.

Color, staying power and coverage of MAC Studio Fix Fluid
PLUS
Oil control, natural look and moisturizers of Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector = miracles!

I know the word moisturizer is scary to oily/combination skins like myself, but this one will NOT get you oily.

You don't need to use any other moisturizers, primers, not even setting powder! Maybe a little concealer under this to cover up blemishes, but I still haven't found one that I like.

No oxidation (MAC SFF alone tends to oxidize), no shine, no cakey appearance, no heaviness.
Just that when used alone, this product settles into fine lines a bit. But like I said, don't use it alone. Mix it.

This is also great for under eyes, light enough to highlight, not too dry to make you look old.
It amazes me how one product can be highlighting AND matte AND oil controlling AND not too dry. It's just perfect.

on 3/13/2013 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Previously, I've used Garnier's BB Cream that wasn't oil-free and I had no idea that it had oil in it. So, I bought this BB Cream and never regretted it.
Pros:
-Blends in nicely
-Matte finish
-Scent isn't so overpowering that your face swells like a blow fish
-Only a small amount is sufficient
-Face doesn't end up looking like a grease ball
Cons
-Tends to emphasize some dry patches on face, not a whole lot, but about the size of a fingertip
-Can make skin look a bit pasty (esp. for me, b/c I am naturally tan)
-Formula is runny, so pouring out the amount is pretty tricky
Other than those listed Pros & Cons, this BB Cream is a good improvement from their previous one, since it doesn't make your face look like a complete grease ball. However, the part about making skin appear pasty is true. Especially if the cold air is blowing against your face, you will look like a ghost. Despite all that, this BB Cream will be my Holy Grail for its matte finish.

Update:

I switched over to the Medium shade because the Light really did make me look paler than usual. I am having no problems, either, with this particular BB Cream, except that it does tend to get everywhere, which explains why I am afraid to put this in my bag/luggage/purse, due to the fear of an explosion/leak.

The smell remains to be the same, nothing too overwhelming, or nauseating. I would recommend this product to my other friends, since it has a nice coverage for those who are battling with acne scars. Plus, I don't have this itchy feeling on any parts of my face, unlike their regular BB Cream (the one that isn't oil-free).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this because I wanted something light because I didnt need a foundation because my skin was getting clear. I thought this would be perfect for my oily fair skin. NOT. it was matte for 30mins. my face was so oily + I usually don't breakout from products but this made me break out in those cyst pimples under the skin. worst product ever!

on 3/11/2013 10:53:00 AM

I stayed away fro the original formula because it was so greasy and light in coverage but when I noticed they came out with an oil free version I had to check it out. I can't believe how nice the coverage is (barely need a concealer) and the finish is actually matte! My skin is acne prone and sensitive and I haven't had any problems with this so far. The only thing I'd change is the packaging...the formula is so runny that you can't put it on it's side with the cap open or it will run out. Otherwise this is my favourite BB cream so far.

on 3/10/2013 10:34:00 AM

After i tried the first garnier bb cream, i was very skeptical about a new one. But after reading really good reviews, i though i would give it a go.

I have oily sensitive acne prone skin for reference.

I bought it because the weather is warming up, and i need something light to make my skin tone even and with spf, and natural looking.

Pros
- It's very watery, so it blends very well. Looks like you're applying moisturiser.
- The color (light) is very neutral (more on the yellow side) and it goes very well with my warm tone
- The coverage is buildable. I can use 3 layers without looking cakey at all. And it disguises well my blemishes. If i want more coverage, i use concealer only on my spots. I prefer a very natural look, so i only use 1 layer.
- The finish is just awesome! The skin feels so smooth and soft. It really looks like skin, even if you look really close. Doesn't look like you're wearing make-up, really!
- It camouflages my pores really well (i have huge pores in my nose and cheeks)
- It has a matte finish
- It controls shine very well, although i use some powder on top (personal preference)
- It has spf 20 and moisturising properties
- It doesn't make me breakout, which is awesome!
- It looks better and more natural after a few hours of wearing it - it's not longlasting, but your skin looks good and healthy at the end of the day, which i really like.

Cons
- It has an alcohol scent when you apply it (it's one of the ingredients) - this scent went away after a few applications
- it doesn't last long - but it doesn't claim to do so, and it's a bb cream, not a foundation, so it's excusable
- The packaging spills a bit, even when it's closed, so i have to store it upside down
- It doesn't keep me shine free for more than a couple hours.

I prefer applying it with a brush (i use the expert face brush by real techniques) and the finish is a dream. So flawless and even. And i use less product this way.

Overall, I recommend this product.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

There's really only a handful of skintones that this product works for. If you have one of those, good for you. The rest of us, who are either too dark or too pale, will just have to suffer on.

oh.my.god. I cannot express how awesome this product is. It makes my skin look so soft and pore-less. No product has ever been able to keep my combo skin from looking greasy and shiny but this product gives me a beautiful matte finish with a healthy glow. It doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup nor does it feel like it and I do feel like it improves the texture of my skin even after I remove it. You can add an extra layer on top hours later if you feel the need to but I find that this product has a remarkable lasting power on my skin. On top of all this it does not make me break out and EVERYTHING makes my skin break out. I am so impressed with this product and would recommend it to anyone ^.^

on 3/4/2013 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I really wanted to like this product.. But i hated it.. It made my dry patches drier even after i applied moisturizer!! and the pigmentation is awful.. it's too orange for me.... :/ It's very cheap though.. and if you have oily and not too pale skin (like mine) this will probably work... (: