Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 1/16/2013 3:22:00 PM

I really enjoy this brush. I have not used this for foundation because I feel like it's not big enough for a fast application.

However, I love this for contouring! :D It's an very effective yet super soft contouring brush! Great for blending out harsh edges/ softening the edges for a soft contoured look. I think this also will be marvelous to apply liquid/cream highlighting products.

Overall, this synthetic haired brush is very, very soft and dense. It's much softer than many natural bristled brushes and you can use cream products with this brush. The brush is built very sturdily and I don't think it'll shed any hairs anytime soon.

on 1/11/2013 2:31:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Dear Expert face brush,
I love you!

on 1/10/2013 7:28:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite brush because it is unlike any brush I've ever used! It is perfect for applying liquid foundation and leaves my skin with a flawless finish. It is the only brush in my collection that I find myself reaching for every single day. Since I only have good things to say, I won't repeat all the wonderful things about this brush that everyone has already stated :) ....Just get this brush! Promise you won't regret it

on 1/9/2013 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is a great brush. I haven't explored too far into the world of make up brushes and their specific uses, but I bought this based on the glowing reviews on MUA and the cool You Tube videos available on all of their products (the Chapman sisters).

So I use this with my Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse foundation (see other review) and it works quite well. I follow (or try to follow) the technique for application on the You Tube video and I feel it really smooths the foundation in to my skin and leaves a nice finish. I apply less make up, but the overall affect provides better coverage for my skin. Sometimes I think I buff off too much and I can see a blemish or something else I was trying to cover, but I just dot a bit more make up back on my face and press gently with the brush in to my skin or apply a dot of concealer on top. I really want to try more brushes from this line! I don't wear powder, but this brush technique seems to elleviate the need to "set" your foundation quite as much. I choose not to wear powder at all, because I prefer as few layers of gunk on my face as possible.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I plan on buying more of these.. It blends foundation seamlessly. Liquid or cream. It also applies cream blush and Chanel's bronzer like a dreammmmmmmmm... I wish she would make these in different handle colors.. This would make grabbing for it easier being as this is such a versatile brush you can use it so many different ways! Samantha Chapman knocked it out of the park! :D

on 1/8/2013 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This brush has stumpy little bristles and is shaped like a bunny tail. That firmly packed, rounded edge makes quick work of blending my stick foundation. The first go with this brush I thought it was just ok until I realized I was applying too heavy a hand to blending. Once I eased up, I saw the big deal.

I have dry skin with large pores and with minimal buffing, it leaves my foundation looking like second skin. I was choosing between this and a BeautyBlender but this is a multitasker and won't get as germy as a sponge.

on 1/8/2013 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I own 2 of these brushes. I love them for bronzer and blending out my blushes. They are great multitaskers and I can use them for powder or cream foundations or blushes.

I love how dense the bristles are, and yet they are still soft.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This brush is unbelievable. It's soft, blends my liquid foundation flawlessly, leaves no streaks, doesn't shed, and costs less than $10. What's not to love? I'm kicking myself for having bought more expensive brushes. My only complaint is that every Ulta in town is chronically sold out of it...and after finally getting my hands on it, I see why!

on 1/4/2013 2:10:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Liquid, creme,tinted moisturizer, mineral powder foundations: This brush is amazing for all. I have one of these and 2 of the other Real Techniques buffing brushes that are all just as good as this one for the same types of products. The only difference is this one has a little curve that gets into the corners of your nose and such. My only gripe with Real Techniques brushes are the super thick handles. They're annoying for storing, but that's all. I have a ton of Real Techniques brushes for the face and eyes and am so satisfied with the quality and function of all. Must have!

on 12/31/2012 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is an ingenious brush, being a combination of the traditional flat foundation brush and the rounded/flat top buffing brush. It gets the job done with liquid foundation in a significantly less amount of time than it would take me with a flat top buffing brush and it's so easy to use! Sturdy and synthetic so it's easier to wash. I don't think I'll need any other brush for my foundation again. Recommended!

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products