Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

The brush has soft synthetic bristles, so it is good for cream and liquid textures. I find it working really well blending liquid foundation providing. I tried it with a cream blush but found it difficult since it was applying too much. Was hard to control the amount since the brush is quite dense.
Not a 5 since I prefer light coverage and it is rather difficult to achieve with this brush as it is dense.

on 4/17/2013 6:06:00 AM

Such a good brush!! I'm pretty new with the whole makeup thing but I got it with all the great reviews and it is the best thing ever! DEFINITELY get this brush if you're looking for a foundation brush :) i bought it off iHerb because it was cheaper (i'm in australia). better than others i've tried and it really evens the foundation out! it;s so soft and is my HG

on 4/16/2013 1:46:00 PM

I have fallen in love with Real Technique. I have most of there face brushes now, and there isn't one im not happy with. they are all brilliant.
I was so excited when I brought this brush. And I was sold straight away!! It's so quick and easy to apply liquid foundation with this. i have never liked flat foundation brushes, mainly because it takes so long.
There was however a foundation that didnt blend very well with that brush, so sometimes i do use the buffing brush instead, which is amazing!

on 4/15/2013 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

When I first received this product, I was disappointed with the size. I expected it to be larger as I was used to using the ELF powder brush, which I loved for liquid foundation. That being said, after only one week of using this Real Techniques brush, I am sold! The brush is really dense yet extremely soft and applies liquid foundation like a dream! It gives amazing coverage and I have not found it to waste product. :-)

on 4/15/2013 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

When I first got this product, I wasn't too excited to use it. I didn't like the packaging of it since it looked cheap. I immediately thought the hype was wrong. However, I still gave it a shot and absolutely fell in love with it! I love how it's the perfect brush to use for liquid foundation. The round shape and density of this brush makes it so easy to blend my foundation into my skin. I also like how it's so lightweight despite the brush looking cheap. I think the best part for me is that there are no hair fall outs at all! I am completely in love with this brush! It is definitely better than any brush or beauty blender I've used.

on 4/12/2013 9:37:00 AM

I have watched pixiwoo videos for a very long time now, which then influenced my new love for makeup and trying out new things! I had always been a bit lazy with makeup, using an age old sponge with my foundation - so when Samantha's brushes were released I went to Boots knowing there was a 3 for 2 offer on.

I purchased this brush, the stippling brush and the setting brush. I was half nervous as a few reviews on here seemed to hate this brush, stating all good reviews are hype due to a love for Samantha etc, but I'm sorry those reviewers MUST have bought a dud product. The brush is so so soft, but dense enough to buff and smooth my foundation. Depending on the foundation I use I do get differing results, my Revlon Colorstay goes on beautifully with this brush, but my Bourjois Healthy Mix seems to blend away with it, so I suppose that's a slight downside - but probably more due to the consistency of the foundations.

I also use this brush to pat my Ben Nye cameo powder onto my cheeks to set my Illamasqua cream blush.. it's soft enough for multi-purpose but DOES need regular washes if this is the case.

Give it a go, it's lovely and works great for the price, whether you love Samantha or not.

on 4/11/2013 7:35:00 PM

Buyers Beware. I am convinced most of these ratings come from Samantha or her friends or her PR because this brush SUCKS. It is so soft on your hand but once you touch your face with it, its like a porcupine is pouncing on it. What a waste of money.

Edit:
I am not sure whether I used this brush when it wasn't completely dry and thats why it itched my face, but now it is amazing. It works great.

on 4/5/2013 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I loved this brush so much that I bought three of them. I clean them gently every time I use them, making sure that no soap or water makes it down to the ferrule. Despite this, they are shedding. If I am not careful to pick the hairs off my face, I look like I need a trip to the waxers! Very disappointed as I loved the effect these brushes produced. I can't afford to spend that much money on something that isn't going to last.

on 4/4/2013 4:40:00 PM

Amazing! Makes foundation application so easy. Love how theres no metal part above the bristles so when I'm washing the brush, I don't have to be careful about getting water in it and ruining the brush since I do wash this after every use.

on 4/3/2013 8:49:00 AM

It is dense and the shape it unique. I can get around my nose much easier than flat top brushes. It REALLY buffs in my liquid foundation. Doesnt soak up much foundation and as you know the denser the brush, the more coverage you get. I have other brushes for foundation but this sits at the top of my list!

I purchased off iherb.com (as I love in Oz and its way too expensive). I used a coupon code and recieved $10 off ($5 off when purchases are <$40).

Discount Code: ZEH931