October 1, 2014 | 1936 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by kukukt007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic brush, really nice for my foundation. It is softer than my Sigma Sigmax Kabukis and is narrower which means that I can get into those hard to reach places and buff my foundation in fully, it leaves a flawless finish. It is great with my Becca foundation stick. It would also be great for concealer under the eyes, but I use the deluxe crease brush for that. I just wish the handle wasn't so wide, because it doesn't fit into my cosmetics organiser! I have this problem with all my buffing brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Ritarella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Perfect brush for liquid foundation, nothing to add to this, really! It's just sad that my best brush is the one that looks the cheapest on the outside. I'd make it a little more sophisticated if I were Sam ;-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this brush but I find it too dense to buff in on my face (for that I use the buffing brush). Instead, I use this to pat my undereye concealer in place. Using this blends it in perfectly without compromising the coverage since this pats it in place rather than forcing it to sink into your skin. I find that my concealer also lasts longer when I do this compared to with other less dense brushes and tools.The shape is very unique. But I think I'd get more use from it if it weren't so dense. (which isn't that all bad) :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Delilabee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favourite brush! It's perfect for applying liquid and cream compact foundations and BB creams.
The bristles are incredibly dense and ultra-soft on the skin. The handle is lightweight, attractive and feels good in the hand. It's also the right length, so you won't clonk the mirror when using it (- unlike its Coastal Scents cousin, which is way too long and risks mirror cracking!)
Would I buy it again? I already did! I have two, as I could not be without this little gem. Highly recommended.
FYI, the cheapest place to buy Real Techniques brushes I have found is iHerb.com. You can use the discount coupon code ODU799 to get 5% or 10% off (I forget which) and they have cheap international shipping. Awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by cat1201

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is such a brilliant brush and I'd recommend it to anyone to try... in the UK it costs 8.99 and is a bargain compared to other face brushes of the same quality. It is really dense which is great for buffing in foundation, which is the only way I use it but I imagine it being good for powders too. The only thing I'd change is the fact that the brush is quite flat and instead I wish it took more of a round shape. But for the price you really can't go wrong, and after using this I definitely want to try more Real Techniques brushes. I have used a MAC 130 for years to apply my foundation and have even replaced it with this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by busymommy

Great brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Umstael

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing Brush! Has an airbrush effect on the face with light foundations. My tip is to use a buffing motion for a really natural and soft look to your foundation. It is extremely well priced for what it is! Super soft and dense bristles with a sturdy handle.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by bumblebee770

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first review! After trying and giving up on a Prescriptives foundation brush in early 2000's, I never had any interest in using a foundation brush again. I ordered this last week on a sale at Ulta and wow am I impressed. I used it today with MAC Pro Longwear liquid foundation and it was incredibly easy to use - I just put the same amount of foundation that I normally use (one area at a time) and brushed it out with this brush. No learning curve, no fuss at all. It gives a truly smooth finish, doesn't use any more product and was quick and easy to wash. I'm not as excited about the powder and blush brushes but this is amazing!
Edit (next day) This is truly wonderful. My skin looks perfect. May buy a backup, I'm in love with this brush and it's truly soooo easy to use, I actually just brush the foundation down and out with short strokes instead of a circular motion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Triscuits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this brush!

PRO'S:

*Blends foundation so effortlessly that it takes less than a minute for me to apply foundation and achieve a perfectly blended and seamless finish.(any type of foundation!) It seems as if this brush just automatically blends the product the second it makes contact with my skin, it's so weird, like a magic wand or something, so no need for me to buff and buff and buff and buff.

*Doesn't soak up product and, if I buff to achieve more coverage in problem areas, the brush quickly runs out of product and looks, I dunno, clean? So it's like the brush serves as just a medium to deliver product to the skin rather than just transferring the excess that it can't absorb or grab on to. And this isn't just because it's synthetic, most of my brushes are synthetic (which I prefer) but it's like the density is not so crazy dense that it traps product within itself, and it's not like that weird plasticy bamboo-looking kind of bristles that collects coats of product on each strand of bristle. This brush, unlike other synthetics I own, delivers, literally.

*Is light weight

*So easy to clean, which is probably because it isn't so crazy dense and therefore any leftover product and cleaning solution doesn't get trapped.

*Very very soft, but also very very firm. Feels so lovely on the skin, and the control is amazing. It is not floppy at all and not prickly at all. However, there is a con to this, but not a big con (see cons)

*I really like that I can stand the brush up when I need to set it down for whatever reason during my make-up routine. I'm a germ-a-phobe, so this feature has relieved some anxiety for me during my routine, but there is also a con with this, but not a big con. (see cons)

*I find myself eyeing the brush in my brush holder, taking it out, and brushing it against my hand or my face...for no reason other than that it feels nice. Is that weird? Probably.

CON'S:

*The wide bottom for standing it upright is great during my makeup routine, but not so great for storage in my make-up holder. But for Real Techinique's to relieve this con they'd have to go against my pro about this feature, so basically they'd have to make the brush be what it's not, and what it is, at the same time, which I think is impossible and violates a law of logic or something.

*While extremely soft, it's a bit too firm for use on or around the delicate eye area. I've tried to be more gentle, but it's still just a little too firm for me to comfortably use on that delicate skin.

*The ferrel is a metallic orange. I like orange as much as the next person, but this color of orange is kind of tacky-looking, looks cheap, like halloween orange from afar, and a weird peachy orange up close. I dunno, it's just of a shame that the best brush in my collection is also the ugliest and the cheapest-looking. But, for the price and quality, I'll take it. I'd rather have an ugly brush that cost less than 10 bucks that works than a pretty brush that works and cost more than 30 bucks.

Speaking of 30 dollar plus brushes, I was on the fence between this and the Sephora airbrush #56, if I had thought the Sephora brush was even just a hair better in application and results I would have purchased that one. But watching youtube demo's of both brushes, and reading reviews, this Real Techinique's brush was the one I would have purchased, even if it had been more expensive than the sephora one. It was just a bonus in my mind that this brush was the less expensive brush.

Definintely recommend.

One more comment about how it applies foundation. I have large pores and 2 ice pick marks that have made several foundations I've purchased end up in my make-up drawer of FAIL products. I've since pulled those foundations out to see if they'd do any better with this great brush, and...indeed, they have. No more polka dotted face from foundation going into my large pores and 2 ice pick marks. It's like my foundation world has been liberated just because of this brush!

Another note is that I have one 1/2 inch length dehydration smile line wrinkle that I have to be conscious of when applying foundation to avoid product caking and settling in it. Since I began using this brush, I haven't had to be as conscious of this line.

This brush is a freakin' magic wand, I tell you what.

41 out of 44 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I adore this brush. I use it every day to apply my Laura Geller face spackle because it buffs the product into my skin and gives me a beautiful air-brushed finish. I feel like I apply less product than when I apply with my fingers.

I love the shape of the bristles as well. Gets around my eyes and nose with ease and is not too big or too small.

Since I use this daily, I spray it down with daily brush cleaner or when I'm lazy, I wipe off with a m/u remover wipe and it's squeaky clean.