November 26, 2014 | 1846 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by NativeNewyorker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a confession to make. I have never used any kind of foundation brush to apply my makeup. I have always used either a little wedge sponge or my fingers. I don't use much foundation just a few drops on my cheeks forehead and chin. But I heard so much about Sam Chapman's brushes and decided to buy this expert face brush.

This has been a revelation! This brush is very dense and helps my foundation go on smoothly. I also have very dry, sensitive skin with mild rosacea, so I was nervous that the brush might irritate. It is so soft on my face! The real wonder is the finish I get on my skin. I have been fortunate all my life to have good skin, but using this brush makes my skin look flawless! I get great coverage and a gorgeous finish. I am not crazy about synthetic brushes, but this one is so well made. Great quality! The brush takes some effort to clean. The product just sinks right into the dense bristles. But it holds its shape well. I have had no shedding at all. Needless to say, I am thrilled with the results! Using a face brush can be a good thing! It's never too late to learn new and better ways to apply makeup. I was so pleased that I bought the starter kit for eyes. I had similar great results. These brushes are a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

On a day where I feel like I need more coverage, this brush is perfect. It is really soft and spreads my tinted moisturizer or foundation quite beautifully.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is an AMAZING inexpensive buy. I've been looking to replace my ELF flat top brushes for liquid foundation application, and heard all the rave reviews on this, so decided to order it. It's a great brush, dries within a few hours of washing (vs. my ELF's and Sonia Kashuk flat top, which take 1-2 days to dry), and is able to easily get into spots like under the eyes and around the nose easily. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by runitsjess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought at Ulta for $9 after hearing all the hype

Pros:
* Great for blending, applying and buffing! It's good for Liquid foundation, BB cream or mineral powder
* Bristles are dense
* It feels great on my face and reaches the hard to get areas with ease! (jaw, under eye, temples)
* Cheaper alternative!

* Noticed light shedding, at first, has not shed since the first time I washed

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by MarianNorris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this with a coupon at ULTA for a great price. What a wonderful, well made, high quality soft brush! I love it, I've bought the cheap brushes that people claim are really good but they don't even come close to this quality. Like those ECO tools brushes...lame compared to this! I am using mine for mineral makeup it holds the product great and applies wonderfully!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by vheeter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing brush! I find that other foundation brushes are too big to get into the contours of my face, but this isn't an issue with this brush. It's also a nice shape for using liquid highlighter on the cheekbones or cream contouring products. Definitely worth the purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by mirageangelhope

This has replaced my elf powder brush as my favorite brush ever.It is the softest brush i have ever felt.I loved the fact that it is a very dense brush and buffs in product amazing.This isn't even this lines buffing brush and it kicks butt at everything you throw at it.
The fact that it is able to stand on it's own comes in handy.
I had tried a new foundation and had applied it with my stippling brush from sigma and it wasn't going on nicely then I remembered the brush arrived in the mail and hope it would fix the problem and found that IT DID!. You can use this to do a million things and it's good at all of them.It blends foundation amazingly ,great at blush and highlighter and applying power ,removing fallout.This will be a HG item forever.
I loved it so much that after that first day I ordered the core collection can't wait until it gets here.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by sofibecca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my No. 1 foundation brush! its the perfect size and shape to get in all areas of your face very quickly. It's so soft and comfortable on my face. you can pat, buff, or swipe on your foundation. Does't absorb product into the bristles and can be washed easily. works with all of my foundations. Everyone should get this brush, I love it! by the way it's under $10

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by lebaweeba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Excellent brush! I use this to apply Revlon Colourstay Foundation in the combination/oily formula. I use a popsicle stick to get some of the foundation out and apply it onto a flat surface. Then I pounce this brush up and down on the foundation to get an even, thin covering. Then I use this brush to stipple and buff the foundation on. It produces full coverage results with minimal product. Easy to clean, and I have experienced very little shedding. I'm definitely going to be buying more Real Techniques brushes!! They're SUPERB value for money and I'm really happy with this product.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by annanguyen1988

Love.love.love.
Works so well with my foundation ( macs studio fix fluid). Gives an amazing flawless look! Great price for such an amazing brush!!