Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 2/6/2013 12:25:00 PM

This is now my HG foundation brush (for liquid). I like a flawless finish, and this brush gives it. I tested it on half my face against the RT and MAC stippling brushes and MAC's regular foundation brush. No contest. It does use more product than the stippling brushes, but the result is worth it. Particularly at the price, this is a great way to go. Note that for TM I like the stippling brush better (see my review).

on 2/3/2013 6:17:00 AM

I didn't think I needed another foundation brush, but this was just simply amazing. It is so soft, leaves no streaks, creates a very soft, natural finish, and allows me to use less foundation. Being able to stand up on its end is another plus, since I hate putting wet/freshly used brush heads against the table.

on 1/31/2013 2:37:00 AM

I have every on of these brushes. I love them. I probably love them more than my MACs. They are super soft, easy to clean, holds the products and great for blending. The price is reasonable. The only one that I don't really care for is the buffing brush. I would recommend it to everybody!

on 1/31/2013 1:05:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Best foundation brush of life! I love it, I'm just thrilled about it. It's so soft and offers streak free application. No shedding thus far, hair density is perfect. I have no complaints at all.

on 1/30/2013 3:16:00 AM

Ok, this brush is amazing! It is by far the best brush in my collection, my pricey MAC brushes cannot hold a candle to this brush. I live in Canada, and I was disappointed that I couldn't purchase these brushes here, then one day I stumbled upon the Real Techniques brushes on iherb.com which is where I buy supplements. I was ecstatic when I saw the prices- they where so reasonable, nothing over $10 (except the brush sets) .....I purchased the Expert Face Brush because I have seen the Pixiwoo sisters use them, and liked how it blended foundation. As soon as it arrived, I tried it with foundation, and wow- it's amazing! It blends foundation so seamlessly, making it look like a second skin. I honestly would have gone out of the house without powdering or blush, because my skin looked like MY skin. Not only is this brush wonderful for foundation (liquid,creme etc...) but I also love it for powder. It applies it beautifully, blending it so well. I thought my sigma round top kabuki was the best for powder, but this one had replaced it.

It doesn't stop there. This brush is wonderful for contouring, highlighting, and blending. I have already purchased 2 more that are on the way (also picked up the blush brush) .....I wish I had purchased this brush long ago, I love MAC- but their face brushes aren't spectacular. Do not hesitate to purchase this brush. It says in the back that this brush will make your makeup look soft, even in harsh lighting- and it's true, my makeup looks soft in fluorescent lighting. I am beyond thrilled with this purchase, and it has literally replaced every face brush in my collection. I'm really kicking myself for ever purchasing a MAC face brush :( all the money I could have saved- you must try this brush!

on 1/29/2013 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing, amazing! Reminds me a lot of the Sigmax brushes, in that it's super easy to blend foundation with, but it's just a touch less dense, which is a good thing. I found that the Sigmax brushes, especially the round top kabuki (which this one is the most similar to) is a little bit too dense and makes it feel like a sponge, almost. This still has the feeling of bristles, which can apply things a bit more sheer while still blending amazingly. I love the handle design as well, and how it stands up is great.

on 1/24/2013 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is an exceptional multi-use brush at an extremely great price. Blends foundation beautifully into the skin, applies blush easily at the tops of my cheekbones, works nicely as a highlighter brush and I even use it to contour around the hairline/cheeks (I've even used it to apply a neutral wash of color to my eyelids in a pinch). I'm sure there are other brushes that are great at the uses listed above but the reason this brush is so nice is because one brush can do it all and I find it incredibly easy to use. I love this brush so much that I even bought a back-up today.

on 1/23/2013 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Absolutely love this brush... the best I have *ever* tried for foundation but it can also be used for creme blush and powder if you are in a pinch. It is dense enough that the foundation doesn't seep up into the brush and the hairs are tapered so that it blends nicely. I 100% recommend getting this.

on 1/23/2013 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is hands down the best brush ever! It's the perfect density and incredibly soft to apply liquid foundation. I actually find that I am using less foundation then I was with previous methods (ie. damp sponge, other brushes). I wash this after every use as I do use liquid foundation. I have shed like 3 hairs in the 3 weeks that I've had this brush. I think I'm a little aggressive when washing my brushes though. I've also used this brush to contour/ apply bronzer and it's also great for that. I am ordering 2 more as backups. I would be highly stressed / heartbroken if something were to happen to this brush. I would pay any price for this brush but luckily it's only $8 through iHerb.

on 1/20/2013 4:11:00 PM

I use this brush everyday to apply primer, bb cream, and cream blush. It's very soft and dense, and hasn't lost any hairs even when washing. Well made, especially for the price (around $9). Sometimes it can leave spots a bit streaky but only if you are applying too much product. I feel like you can get away with using a little less product if you're using this brush. Feels nice on my face and gives good medium-full coverage.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products