December 22, 2014 | 1811 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by foxy123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Adverstising claims for this product sounded so amazing I couldn't help myself from buying one the instant I saw it. What a disappointment for SO many reasons! Maybelline advertises "bouncy fresh color that lasts" but the texture doesn't feel fresh at all. It feels like dried out putty. I kept trying to build and blend but there was NO color registration (I thought it was supposed to melt like a cream?). I was left with a layer of frosty pearl on my cheeks and my skin looked awful. It highlighted every possible imperfection. On top of that, the formula contains Talc as the first ingredient and also contains Mineral Oil. In other words...if my skin wasn't broken out to start, it will be soon. If I could give this product 0 lippies, I would.YUCK.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by gabie1

i have two of these (one is hot tamale which i havent used and i have i believe 20 i forgot the name but its a nice pink) i like this blush cause it gives me a nice color. i just dont know how to apply it because i dont like using my fingers to apply makeup cause i feel like it will make my skin oilier than it is and my stippling brush is to flimsy and takes forever to apply. i need a better brush for this. i like this ill repurchase it or try the other maybelline dream blushes.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by GLou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like the reviewer below, I bought this after seeing Emily's vlog on Beauty Broadcast (plus it was on sale). I purchased "05 Fresh Pink" and "20 Peach Satin". Both colors appear pigmented in the package, but not so much when it is applied to the cheeks. It's easy to apply. And the strange bounciness gel/cream like texture makes it sorta fun. Nevertheless, I think I would stick with my Maybelline's Dream Mousse Blush as my drugstore cream blush. I just hope Maybelline doesn't plan to replace this product and discontinue their Dream Mousse Blush.

If you plan to try it, buy it on sale since it's about $7.99 at retail price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by karlanee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I saw a review of this on Beauty Broadcast vlog recently and was intrigued. I have large pores and somewhat oily skin that doesn't usually take too kindly to cream blushes. However, as I age and my skin is changing, I've wanted to find one that works for me. I bought this at WalMart in Rose Petal color. I'm an NC-15 so blush can quickly overpower my whole face. This is probably my new favorite blush of any kind. I love the texture, I love how easy it is to put on, I love the buildability of this product and the fact that it is NATURAL not sparkly. I don't do sparkles. It seems to last fairly well throughout the day and just gives a nice subtle, flesh-toned glow to my skin. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love these. I think I bought all of them except the brown looking one. These are easy to blend and give a really pretty glowy color to my cheeks. Hot Tamale looks scary in the pan but look pretty when applied. I use a 180 brush to apply, I don't use my fingers. These are great layered under a powder blush to give it more staying power. This is a winner from Maybelline.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by lareinarumbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

MEH. the texture was super fun and nothing i've ever seen before, kind of felt like a marshmallow or something - and i really wanted to like it, seeing as it's a budget product and there were some really nice glowy but NOT SPARKLY shades (a bit rare in the drugstores nowadays)... while it's okay it has the same problem that the maybelline mousse blushes had - feels nice going on, but sheer and doesn't last. lasts a bit longer with a primer underneath, but i think i'll just stick with my NARS and bobbi brown blushes for my staples. it's an okay product - good for younger girls who are starting out in makeup and want some fresh shades for a few bucks, as it's pretty mild in pigmentation and youthful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by elambie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've seen a lot of reviews of this product on YouTube and at this point I have to disagree with most of them. Most gurus say that they're too sheer and the consistency is too strange, but I find them to be perfect pigmentation and are soooo interesting in texture. For my NC25 skintone, the pigmentation is great. They're also very easy to blend and build up. I only have two colors (Rose Petal and Peach Satin (I think??)) and they're fantastic. Definitely underrated in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Hot Tamale. I have no complaints! The color is bright and lovely on my skin but not over the top like it looks in the pan. Application smooth and easy to blend. It lasted throughout my work day without fading.

Will be purchasing a few more colors!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Orchid Hush has almost zero pigmentation (and I'm very pale) but Hot Tamale is nice. It reminds me of Tarte Natural cheek stain or old school Benetint - a dark rosy flush that looks healthy and natural with a light hand. The "bounce" is a cute concept, best applied with fingers, and I like the lack of glitter (why I stayed away from the mousse blush), but I'm not that tempted to try any other colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by misszoeyf

I actually really like this blush, contrary to other reviewers! I purchased Orchid Hush and Candy Coral. Let me say, Orchid Hush you definitely have to use a bit more. I like to use just my pointer and middle finger to apply and find it's perfect. Candy Coral, wow pigmentation. Really bright, and if you're fair skinned be careful, you can easily put too much on. The texture is neat, I have yet to apply them with a brush but I haven't seen foundation issue when I apply them with my fingers, I use Photo Ready. I plan on purchasing the plum color next!