November 28, 2014 | 1147 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was ecstatic to finally find this at Walgreens after hearing all the hype about the Color Tatoos. So once I got home, I put this on my eyes with my fingers and it came off as silver. So then I appled it with a brush, it still came out silvery. Not bronze at all. I had high hopes for this shadow, but it looks like I'll be sticking with department store shadows.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

I am very unimpressed with this product. I tried using it with and without a primer. I tried using my fingers and using a brush. I also tried using it on it's own and with a shadow on top. Whichever method I chose, it ended up looking the same: splotchy and unflattering. The color is nice but it does not apply well. The lasting power is impressive for a drugstore eyeshadow but that is the only positive point I can think of for this product. I much prefer MAC's paint pots to this eyeshadow. Perhaps, the other colors/formulation are better (which is why I wrote this review in this specific category), but I have to say this product is not something I will continue to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Jellybeans003

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was not a big fan of this eye shadow. It lasted on me about 8 hours, not 24~

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by MelissaTC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This eye shadow is amazing! So easy to apply and it lasted all day, no creases or drying out. I love the look and the color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This reminds me of Urban Decay's Toasted eyeshadow but with a silver/grey undertones to it on me. It's not the most flattering color on my NC40-42 skin but it works if I pair it with warm colors. It can also be used as an eyeshadow base. I don't plan on rebuying this though of two issues. It creases on me a bit if I use more than one thin layer. My eyelids are dry but hooded and I hardly have issues with creasing. The creasing is not totally noticeable but I can't imagine what it'll look on a very hot day. It gets very hot and humid here during the summer. If you swatch it on the back of your hand with a finger, it looks so nice and smooth but on the eyes, it's a different story. I tried many methods and the best was light layers with fingers but I still didn't get the smooth look I wanted. It wasn't as even as I'd like and it even made my eyes look a bit crepey. I give Maybelline credit for trying and normally, I don't have any success with Maybelline products but this is definitely one of the better products they carry and probably the most wearable color out of all of the tattoos. Itis the best drugstore cream eyeshadow I have tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by cwetzler

This is a must try. The price is great and the quality is amazing. Most of the colors are too bright and/or bold for my taste but the muted ones like this one are great for just about anyone. They apply easily and really last. I wish they expanded their color selection. This would be my go to for shadows if they had more options.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by pisces31919

OMG, I love this color! I picked this up because it reminded me of Indianwood paint pot by MAC but Indianwood is more yellow and BTTB is more cool toned. Nonetheless, this product delivers! I don't know if it actually holds up for 24 hours but I will say that my eyes do not crease after 10+ hours of wear and my eye makeup is still vibrant. Maybelline really did it with this product because I will not be purchasing a paint pot so long as these babies are in production. I own all 10 colors and hope that they make more!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

This is an outstanding cream shadow! I've been really loving cream eye shadows, especially bronze or taupe colors and the Maybelline Bad to the Bronze beats out some of the high end cream shadow and costs fraction of the price. Bad to the Bronze was sold out everywhere so it took me a while but finally got my hands on this. Compared to some of my other cream eyeshdows such as MUFE #15 $22, Jouer organza $20, NARS Mykonos $23, Benefit Birthday Suit $19, Bad to the Bronze is only $6-8, very pigmented and has the best lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Prncs06

LOVE at first swipe. This color is absolutely gorgeous, yet subtle. Not at all a harsh gold- it's a light, shimmery, creamy, slightly bronzed light brown. I can barely describe it, it's just so unique. To me it has a similar finish to UD's satiny "toasted" (which is my other go-to daytime color) but without the dark bronzer look. Others who have said toasted is too dark for your skintone- try this instead. I feel it would complement most skin tones!

I like to use it with a matte brown shadow (buck from the naked palette) in the outer V, blended in toward the middle of my lid. The two colors produce an awesome gradient together. Makes for a wonderful daytime/work look. Also goes beautifully with purples. This is hands down my new absolute favorite color. Easy to travel with, easy to apply (I just use my fingers). Lasts a long time, even on my oily lids. I will repurchase, in fact I might run out and buy back-ups!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by thedarlingdeb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product has been compared to MAC's paint pot & I agree. It was easy to apply and pigment was GREAT! While I don't know if it stays on 24 hours & not sure that I would want to find out :) I will buy this again. Infact, I bought 2 other colors today :) GO BUY It!!

Edit: After having this product in my collection for 3 months it became very dried out. I always closed the lid tightly, very disappointed.