July 31, 2014 | 2039 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

This is an outstanding cream shadow! I've been really loving cream eye shadows, especially bronze or taupe colors and the Maybelline Bad to the Bronze beats out some of the high end cream shadow and costs fraction of the price. Bad to the Bronze was sold out everywhere so it took me a while but finally got my hands on this. Compared to some of my other cream eyeshdows such as MUFE #15 $22, Jouer organza $20, NARS Mykonos $23, Benefit Birthday Suit $19, Bad to the Bronze is only $6-8, very pigmented and has the best lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Prncs06

LOVE at first swipe. This color is absolutely gorgeous, yet subtle. Not at all a harsh gold- it's a light, shimmery, creamy, slightly bronzed light brown. I can barely describe it, it's just so unique. To me it has a similar finish to UD's satiny "toasted" (which is my other go-to daytime color) but without the dark bronzer look. Others who have said toasted is too dark for your skintone- try this instead. I feel it would complement most skin tones!

I like to use it with a matte brown shadow (buck from the naked palette) in the outer V, blended in toward the middle of my lid. The two colors produce an awesome gradient together. Makes for a wonderful daytime/work look. Also goes beautifully with purples. This is hands down my new absolute favorite color. Easy to travel with, easy to apply (I just use my fingers). Lasts a long time, even on my oily lids. I will repurchase, in fact I might run out and buy back-ups!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by thedarlingdeb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product has been compared to MAC's paint pot & I agree. It was easy to apply and pigment was GREAT! While I don't know if it stays on 24 hours & not sure that I would want to find out :) I will buy this again. Infact, I bought 2 other colors today :) GO BUY It!!

Edit: After having this product in my collection for 3 months it became very dried out. I always closed the lid tightly, very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by c2keri

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The hype you've heard is true! I recommend all of these except for the purple one, as that one has too much sparkle and not enough pigment. Bad to the Bronze was my gateway Tattoo - after this one, I was hooked!

It's a pretty bronze that can be a bit sheer, but can be built up. Try it over a primer and it's a one and done lid color. Put a shadow over it and it's there for awhile. Seriously, my best time is 12-13 hours and that's because I chose to remove it.

My best way to use them is to apply with my ring finger or a Real Techniques crease brush, then put a shadow on top.

I recommend them very highly, but Bad to the Bronze most of all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never thought I would enjoy a drug store product again (other than my Hard Candy blushes)! In the past I would buy into the hype of whatever it was, only to be sorely disappointed. Air Fairy, Tapestry Taupe...just to name a few awful experiences.

Well I must say that this product delivers!!! It is a gorgeous golden bronze, not too dark or muddy for fair skin. Today I wore it with Soba in the crease and Era blended up toward the brow. A little blacktrack and mascara and voila - effortless glam! It lasted all day beautifully, and I didn't even bother with a primer underneath! Not a crease in sight and I have oily lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by photowife

LOOOOVE this color. One gentle swipe is a good everyday color. A second buildable swipe and you have one awesome wet looking color for night. It's perfect.
As far as wear, normal eyeshadow with a really good primer might last a few hours. I started hair spraying my lids after eyeshadow application and it started lasting 6 hours or so. I've tried other cream shadows and the would crease almost immediately. THESE however don't budge...at all. I can get 18 hours no problem before I wash off for the night. And While I might have some foundation on my lids before hand, I haven't tried them with primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will buy this again and again. Im NC40 and this matches my skintone perfectly. This stayed on my all day about 13 hours. This creases less than the rest of the color tatoo collection, and it is the most creamiest!!! I have Tarte cream shadow in Shimmering Taupe (light warm greyish brown), and ELF in Dawn. I would have to say that Bad to the Bronze is my favorite out of the three. If I had to recommend one color in this line, I would recommend this to start with.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by TASHAWEBER

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this based on the reviews on this site and once again was not disappointed. The Bad to the Bronze color is fantastic, nice and shimmery but not too overdone. I wore it on the weekend with just mascara and my bf actually stopped eating to give me a kiss 'cause he said I looked so pretty lol. Lasted from the morning to bedtime with slight fading and minimal creasing. Overall a big winner and I don't usually go for cream eyeshadows because of creasing and lack of staying power on me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Italiarican7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Bad to Bronze appears more of a warm toned color in the jar, but when I applied it to my lids (over NYX HD eye primer), it was more of a taupe color. It reminded me of a less shimmery version of Mac's Satin Taupe. I wanted to really test this shadow to see if it would crease over my eye primer, so I went to my 2hr. salsa class. After all of the sweating from my salsa class, the eyeshadow was still on my eyes and it did not crease at all! If you like taupe colors, you will enjoy this eyeshadow because it is long lasting. I don't know how long lasting it is on the lid without primer because I always use eye primer since I have very oily lids. I will not buy this color again because I have something similiar to it. I also bought Tough as Taupe, but I really did not like the color on me (it made me look tired). I hope Maybelline comes out with more neutral colors I would buy more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by buggyness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wore this Christmas Eve with UDPP one one eye and none on the other. BOTH eyes still looked amazing after 10 hours. To me, this very similar to MUF aqua creme #15. I'm very impressed. I have oily lids and watery eyes and this did not move! It is very comparable to the MUF aqua cremes in texture but perhaps it is a tad less buildable

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No