August 31, 2014 | 1016 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by cwetzler

This is a must try. The price is great and the quality is amazing. Most of the colors are too bright and/or bold for my taste but the muted ones like this one are great for just about anyone. They apply easily and really last. I wish they expanded their color selection. This would be my go to for shadows if they had more options.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by pisces31919

OMG, I love this color! I picked this up because it reminded me of Indianwood paint pot by MAC but Indianwood is more yellow and BTTB is more cool toned. Nonetheless, this product delivers! I don't know if it actually holds up for 24 hours but I will say that my eyes do not crease after 10+ hours of wear and my eye makeup is still vibrant. Maybelline really did it with this product because I will not be purchasing a paint pot so long as these babies are in production. I own all 10 colors and hope that they make more!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

This is an outstanding cream shadow! I've been really loving cream eye shadows, especially bronze or taupe colors and the Maybelline Bad to the Bronze beats out some of the high end cream shadow and costs fraction of the price. Bad to the Bronze was sold out everywhere so it took me a while but finally got my hands on this. Compared to some of my other cream eyeshdows such as MUFE #15 $22, Jouer organza $20, NARS Mykonos $23, Benefit Birthday Suit $19, Bad to the Bronze is only $6-8, very pigmented and has the best lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Prncs06

LOVE at first swipe. This color is absolutely gorgeous, yet subtle. Not at all a harsh gold- it's a light, shimmery, creamy, slightly bronzed light brown. I can barely describe it, it's just so unique. To me it has a similar finish to UD's satiny "toasted" (which is my other go-to daytime color) but without the dark bronzer look. Others who have said toasted is too dark for your skintone- try this instead. I feel it would complement most skin tones!

I like to use it with a matte brown shadow (buck from the naked palette) in the outer V, blended in toward the middle of my lid. The two colors produce an awesome gradient together. Makes for a wonderful daytime/work look. Also goes beautifully with purples. This is hands down my new absolute favorite color. Easy to travel with, easy to apply (I just use my fingers). Lasts a long time, even on my oily lids. I will repurchase, in fact I might run out and buy back-ups!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by thedarlingdeb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product has been compared to MAC's paint pot & I agree. It was easy to apply and pigment was GREAT! While I don't know if it stays on 24 hours & not sure that I would want to find out :) I will buy this again. Infact, I bought 2 other colors today :) GO BUY It!!

Edit: After having this product in my collection for 3 months it became very dried out. I always closed the lid tightly, very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by c2keri

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The hype you've heard is true! I recommend all of these except for the purple one, as that one has too much sparkle and not enough pigment. Bad to the Bronze was my gateway Tattoo - after this one, I was hooked!

It's a pretty bronze that can be a bit sheer, but can be built up. Try it over a primer and it's a one and done lid color. Put a shadow over it and it's there for awhile. Seriously, my best time is 12-13 hours and that's because I chose to remove it.

My best way to use them is to apply with my ring finger or a Real Techniques crease brush, then put a shadow on top.

I recommend them very highly, but Bad to the Bronze most of all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never thought I would enjoy a drug store product again (other than my Hard Candy blushes)! In the past I would buy into the hype of whatever it was, only to be sorely disappointed. Air Fairy, Tapestry Taupe...just to name a few awful experiences.

Well I must say that this product delivers!!! It is a gorgeous golden bronze, not too dark or muddy for fair skin. Today I wore it with Soba in the crease and Era blended up toward the brow. A little blacktrack and mascara and voila - effortless glam! It lasted all day beautifully, and I didn't even bother with a primer underneath! Not a crease in sight and I have oily lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by photowife

LOOOOVE this color. One gentle swipe is a good everyday color. A second buildable swipe and you have one awesome wet looking color for night. It's perfect.
As far as wear, normal eyeshadow with a really good primer might last a few hours. I started hair spraying my lids after eyeshadow application and it started lasting 6 hours or so. I've tried other cream shadows and the would crease almost immediately. THESE however don't budge...at all. I can get 18 hours no problem before I wash off for the night. And While I might have some foundation on my lids before hand, I haven't tried them with primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will buy this again and again. Im NC40 and this matches my skintone perfectly. This stayed on my all day about 13 hours. This creases less than the rest of the color tatoo collection, and it is the most creamiest!!! I have Tarte cream shadow in Shimmering Taupe (light warm greyish brown), and ELF in Dawn. I would have to say that Bad to the Bronze is my favorite out of the three. If I had to recommend one color in this line, I would recommend this to start with.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by TASHAWEBER

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this based on the reviews on this site and once again was not disappointed. The Bad to the Bronze color is fantastic, nice and shimmery but not too overdone. I wore it on the weekend with just mascara and my bf actually stopped eating to give me a kiss 'cause he said I looked so pretty lol. Lasted from the morning to bedtime with slight fading and minimal creasing. Overall a big winner and I don't usually go for cream eyeshadows because of creasing and lack of staying power on me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No