New York Color Pressed Translucent Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide

on 6/13/2003 11:16:00 PM

I dislike this powder mainly because of the colour...this appear grey colour on my face (NC 20) which I don't believe it. The colour is too horrible..never never buy again.

on 6/10/2003 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this after having read the raving reviews. On me, it absorbed oil indeed - it kept my skin matte much longer than even the Laura Mercier loose powder that I got. Unfortunately, before my skin started getting oily (eg just within hours of putting it on), it was quite visible -- the powder wasn't milled finely enough, and there is just this "haze" above my face. when the matteness wore off, though, it got worse. there is a sheen, but an unnatural one, on the skin, and the skin just looks sticky, tacky, and the oil underneath makes the powder stand out even more.

Search for HG powder goes on...

on 5/27/2003 7:56:00 PM

Bye-bye, Mac Blot, Helloooo NYC!!!!

on 5/26/2003 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this and the loose translucent powder. I never want to run out. It is silky when you apply it, and controls oil. It blends wonderfully and doesn't look ashy or obvious. It also isn't drying, which surprised me because it is SO good at controlling oil. For less than $2 try it, you'll be shocked at how good it is.

on 5/26/2003 6:59:00 PM

What a find!! True mattifying formula and not heavy. Colorless and perfect!

on 5/25/2003 5:38:00 AM

Works just as well as my MAC Blot powder. I'm so oily that I still touch it up, and sometimes even do a full face makeup removal and touch up. Packaging isn't too great---it's so cheap, you could snap the mirror off the pan, and keeping/using this sponge (eggg) is unhygenic, so I just apply with a powder brush. Great deal. I'm glad you can buy it at Shopper's Drugmart for $2.99. UPDATE: go for the loose powder; it's even better.

on 5/22/2003 11:50:00 AM

I was at my local Wallmart, had to pick one up, for only about $2.50 Canadian, you can't go wrong! Had heard many great reviews on the board about this product, so I had to give into my lemming! I am a pale PPP, and the translucent works for me. Long-lasting, keeps my t-zone matte. Packaging is awful, powder puff that comes with it is terrible too, but for the price this is an excellent pressed powder. Thanks girls for the recs on this product! I usually stay away from drugstore brands for my foundations/powders, ect., but this product proved me wrong!

on 5/21/2003 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

As a rule I tend to stay away from drugstore brands when it comes to foundations and powders but after reading the great reviews for this product here at MUA I just had to give this a chance. You guys are right - this is an excellent translucent powder and the price just can't be beat. The compact it comes in is ugly but I don't care -I will definitely buy this again if I ever run out and now I have to give New York loose powder a try.

on 5/21/2003 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Boy, it sounds like we've been using a different product because I tried this and HATE it!!!!!
I was excited when I first bought this last week because it was only $1.99 and it applied like a dream--so smooth and soft!!!! (And heck, after reading 20+ positive reviews, how could I not try it?)

Anyway, as the day progressed, I was horrified to see HUGE cystic acne bumps on my left and right cheeks, on my nose, on my chin, and the middle of my forehead!!!!! I checked the ingredients and noticed that it contains rice, which causes breakouts, since it attracts bacteria to the face.

I threw this away immediately, and as of this day I'm still trying to make these ugly bumps go away!

Be careful with this stuff! I'm still on the search for the perfect oil-control pressed powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After reading these reviews i wanted to try it. All i can say is i couldn't agree more, I LUV this product!