April 19, 2014 | 1735 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2005 2:51:00 PM More reviews by pasaway

i like this cleanser. it prevents acne plus it does not dry my face unlike other cleansers. its very gentle yet very effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2005 3:17:00 PM More reviews by esther82_2000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this foaming cleanser, like the mild scent, not overdrying, and cleans effectively. (i use this on my no makeup days) I do't know does it work for preventing pimples, but this keeps my oily skin in a fresh touch, at least no breakout for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2005 11:09:00 PM More reviews by maxx_kp

it's an okay product. i've almost used up the bottle now but i don't think it particularly cleared up my acne-prone skin. there's definitely a problem with the pump cuz it gets stuck after using it for a while. too expensive for an average foaming cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2005 11:55:00 PM More reviews by lovemichelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the Aveeno foaming cleanser. I use the whole Clear Complexion line and my acne hasn't been getting worse, yet I still have it. I am switching to the bar now, but I like this cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2005 5:06:00 PM More reviews by slok87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this cleanser for awhile now (maybe 6 bottles?) and it is a staple for me; however, it is not perfect.

It's inexpensive (about $6--so don't expect miracles! You won't get the end-all beauty product for $6) and a bottle lasts a long time, since it is foam. You can get away with 1 pump per wash if you're conservative. It suds/foams up very nice, and I think it's good for sensitive skin as I can get it right in my eyes and not be bothered. It does have salicylic acid (0.5%, i think) in it though. I alternate between this and one other cleanser, though. I use this one in the morning and another (which I bounce around, haven't found a staple) at night. This way my face doesn't get immune to this cleasner. When I first started using this my skin cleared right up, but after awhile my break-outs came back.

This is as good of a cleanser as you can get for $6: gentle, cleansing, doesn't dry your skin, helps acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2005 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Kristeenie

Speaking from pure personal experience, all I can say is keep away from this product. It doesn't clean all that well, leaving me with a few more pimples than I noramally experience. It also left my face looking somewhat dull.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2005 1:18:00 PM More reviews by sfbubbly

PROS: Mild pleasant scent; foam has has a nice soft feel; removes makeup pretty well without overdrying; easy to find at drugstores. CONS: Pump breaks after a few weeks; requires several pumps to get enough product to clean the face; the salicylic acid seems to be only a marketing tactic as there is too little of it and the product does not have the correct pH for it to actually exfoliate. SUMMARY: Won't purchase again, mostly because of the nonfunctioning pump. Try Purpose, Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser, Oil of Olay Foaming Sensitive Skin Wash, or Clean & Clear Sensitive Skin Foaming Cleanser instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2005 8:26:00 AM More reviews by manoushka

Back in March I would have recommended this product. I felt like I was a spokesperson I loved and talked about this product so much it realy worked; but all of a sudden out of no where my skin began to break out. I would not recommend this product it is only a short fix. Depending on your skin type it does not seem to have enough medication in it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2005 9:55:00 PM More reviews by bethany117

This is a pretty good cleanser. I have very sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate like many other face cleansers. But it didn't really didn't do much in the way of preventing blemishes. Not a terrible cleanser, but I will probably continue to search for a better one.Update: Started using it again, doing much better to prevent blemishes. Will continue to buy, although the dispenser sticks once you you get to the bottom of the bottle, but I'll live with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2005 12:05:00 PM More reviews by fourthsangel

I love this product! I did think it was a little expensive for a drugstore product, but I love the pump bottle, the smell ,and the fresh feeling it leaves on my face.