Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 11/27/2005 3:06:00 PM

I wanted this stuff to work really bad. I bought it thinking that since it was Aveeno, it wouldn't break out my very sensitive skin. Well, I was compltely wrong. The first couple of times I used it, it felt fine! It made my skin so smooth and soft. Then after about a week I started getting these little tiny bumps all over my face! I threw that out instantly! It took about two weeks of using ProActiv to get those little bumps off of my face! It was awful. I really don't know what happened. I thought that Aveeno was supposed to be hypoalergenic. ??

on 11/13/2005 9:57:00 PM

ok-I never ever breakout...until this product. OMG-this stuff just lays on your skin and after a weeks usage, here comes the bumps! All over my face! I wont ever use this or Aveeno again!

on 11/9/2005 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Effectively removes oil but does not provide any exfoliation so following up with toner is a must. The light foamy texture is novel. It rinses off quickly and has a light, fresh scent which would make it nice for a post-workout wash. Unfortunately, the cap doesn't seem secure enough to carry in a gym bag worry-free. I'm glad I tried it to satisfy my curiosity but definitely won't re-purchase or recommend this.

on 11/7/2005 7:50:00 PM

This cleanser dried out my sensitive normal/dry skin so badly. I would not recommend it for normal nor dry skin.

on 11/3/2005 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

I end up buying this product again and again. It's worth the $7 it costs, and then some. I actually use it in the shower, and shave with it. The salicylic acid works to prevent ingrown hairs, as well as it prevents acne.

Love it!

on 10/26/2005 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

well first of all i'm a teen with blemish prones skin. I chose this cleanser because the beauty consultant told me that it would do wonders for my skin, after trying it for 2 months without any success in doing anything except drying my skin i threw it out. Hopefully there is a better cleanser out there!!

on 10/22/2005 4:03:00 PM

this cleanser did nothing for my complexion, except make it very dry! after using it a few times i started breaking out all over my face. it did not remove my makeup that well either. deffinately will never buy again.

on 9/15/2005 4:05:00 AM

I love this cleanser and have been using it for more than two years! I have combination skin and this cleanser doesn't dry my face out. It's a very good price for the quality. This cleanser actually cleans your face very well if you apply directly to your DRY face and massage. It does not remove makeup but I use it after using cleansing oil.

on 9/3/2005 12:40:00 AM

I have a slightly oily/combination skin type, and with this product, I've enjoyed using it because it effectively reduces redness and swelling from break outs.

What I do is that before I use it, I make sure my skin is well exfoliated.
Ever heard of how your skin "slurps up (quickly absorbs)" moisturizers after exfoliating?

If not, it really does.
Your skin is so much smoother and your dead skin cells aren't blocking your deeper layers of skin from receiving the medication from Aveeno's Clear Complexion foaming cleanser.

The only con is that the pump does tend to get stuck after you've pressed it down, and you pretty much have to pull it back up before pumping again.
After washing (and I usually do all this before I go to bed), and drying, I use Aveeno's moisturizer, but the one for blemishes and for preventing break outs. Try this combination, sleep, and see the difference the next morning.

I hope this has helped you as much as it helped me!

on 8/17/2005 9:47:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is way too drying and doesn't remove makeup well at all.