Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 1/10/2006 4:02:00 PM

I've used a few of the Aveeno Clear Complexion products and overall I think they're fairly high quality. The Salicylic acid is standard in products like this, but the addition of the soy extract does seem to provide some skin soothing properties. This is not for people with combination or normal skin, however. I have oily, adult acne-prone skin and this cleanser is about right. I agree with other reviewers that the complementary toner is probably required for the full product benefit (I also use the Treatment at night and the moisturizer during the day). This routine has done more for me than similar products from Clinique, Murad, or other more expensive acne treatments. It's not a miracle product, however, and the use of sunscreen while using these products is imperitive.

Great package, bad product. This wash was very irritating on my oily not sensitive skin. I also thought the smell wasn't very nice- medicine and soap.

on 11/27/2005 3:06:00 PM

I wanted this stuff to work really bad. I bought it thinking that since it was Aveeno, it wouldn't break out my very sensitive skin. Well, I was compltely wrong. The first couple of times I used it, it felt fine! It made my skin so smooth and soft. Then after about a week I started getting these little tiny bumps all over my face! I threw that out instantly! It took about two weeks of using ProActiv to get those little bumps off of my face! It was awful. I really don't know what happened. I thought that Aveeno was supposed to be hypoalergenic. ??

on 11/13/2005 9:57:00 PM

ok-I never ever breakout...until this product. OMG-this stuff just lays on your skin and after a weeks usage, here comes the bumps! All over my face! I wont ever use this or Aveeno again!

on 11/9/2005 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Effectively removes oil but does not provide any exfoliation so following up with toner is a must. The light foamy texture is novel. It rinses off quickly and has a light, fresh scent which would make it nice for a post-workout wash. Unfortunately, the cap doesn't seem secure enough to carry in a gym bag worry-free. I'm glad I tried it to satisfy my curiosity but definitely won't re-purchase or recommend this.

on 11/7/2005 7:50:00 PM

This cleanser dried out my sensitive normal/dry skin so badly. I would not recommend it for normal nor dry skin.

on 11/3/2005 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

I end up buying this product again and again. It's worth the $7 it costs, and then some. I actually use it in the shower, and shave with it. The salicylic acid works to prevent ingrown hairs, as well as it prevents acne.

Love it!

on 10/26/2005 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

well first of all i'm a teen with blemish prones skin. I chose this cleanser because the beauty consultant told me that it would do wonders for my skin, after trying it for 2 months without any success in doing anything except drying my skin i threw it out. Hopefully there is a better cleanser out there!!

on 10/22/2005 4:03:00 PM

this cleanser did nothing for my complexion, except make it very dry! after using it a few times i started breaking out all over my face. it did not remove my makeup that well either. deffinately will never buy again.

on 9/15/2005 4:05:00 AM

I love this cleanser and have been using it for more than two years! I have combination skin and this cleanser doesn't dry my face out. It's a very good price for the quality. This cleanser actually cleans your face very well if you apply directly to your DRY face and massage. It does not remove makeup but I use it after using cleansing oil.