Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 1/25/2006 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

While I really like the cleanser itself. The Pump bottle it comes in a huge PITA. You will be lucky if you have used more than 1/4 of the product before the pump fails and you have to pull it up before you can push it down again. This annoys me enough to remove two lippies, but like I said the product is very good for my combo skin. My kids like it, too, and I do keep repurchasing it anyway. The pump fails everytime. Doesn't anyone at Aveeno use this product? I don't understand why they wouldn't have corrected this by now. Maybe its because I keep repurchasing anyway. I guess I should stop.

on 1/22/2006 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I've been using this cleanser for about a year now (each bottle lasts an awfully long time!!) and I like it pretty well. I have combo skin, a little on the oily side generally, and it does a good job of clearing away the oiliness without drying me out. It also is strong enough to remove makeup (even eye makeup). I love the way it foams, it's very easy to apply. It washes away easily and leaves a very clean feeling afterwards. I have noticed less breakouts since using it but it could be for other reasons too; my breakouts have been slowly getting more infrequent in the years after 22 or so. I took off one lippy for the smell, it is a bit sterile as one reviewer commented. Also, when I travel the packaging leaks quite a bit; there is always a lot of soapy suds that have leaked out of the cap which is annoying. I will try Neutrogena's cleanser next that has both AHAs and salicylic acid, but I'll come back to this one if I'm not happy with the Neutrogena one.

on 1/10/2006 4:02:00 PM

I've used a few of the Aveeno Clear Complexion products and overall I think they're fairly high quality. The Salicylic acid is standard in products like this, but the addition of the soy extract does seem to provide some skin soothing properties. This is not for people with combination or normal skin, however. I have oily, adult acne-prone skin and this cleanser is about right. I agree with other reviewers that the complementary toner is probably required for the full product benefit (I also use the Treatment at night and the moisturizer during the day). This routine has done more for me than similar products from Clinique, Murad, or other more expensive acne treatments. It's not a miracle product, however, and the use of sunscreen while using these products is imperitive.

Great package, bad product. This wash was very irritating on my oily not sensitive skin. I also thought the smell wasn't very nice- medicine and soap.

on 11/27/2005 3:06:00 PM

I wanted this stuff to work really bad. I bought it thinking that since it was Aveeno, it wouldn't break out my very sensitive skin. Well, I was compltely wrong. The first couple of times I used it, it felt fine! It made my skin so smooth and soft. Then after about a week I started getting these little tiny bumps all over my face! I threw that out instantly! It took about two weeks of using ProActiv to get those little bumps off of my face! It was awful. I really don't know what happened. I thought that Aveeno was supposed to be hypoalergenic. ??

on 11/13/2005 9:57:00 PM

ok-I never ever breakout...until this product. OMG-this stuff just lays on your skin and after a weeks usage, here comes the bumps! All over my face! I wont ever use this or Aveeno again!

on 11/9/2005 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Effectively removes oil but does not provide any exfoliation so following up with toner is a must. The light foamy texture is novel. It rinses off quickly and has a light, fresh scent which would make it nice for a post-workout wash. Unfortunately, the cap doesn't seem secure enough to carry in a gym bag worry-free. I'm glad I tried it to satisfy my curiosity but definitely won't re-purchase or recommend this.

on 11/7/2005 7:50:00 PM

This cleanser dried out my sensitive normal/dry skin so badly. I would not recommend it for normal nor dry skin.

on 11/3/2005 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

I end up buying this product again and again. It's worth the $7 it costs, and then some. I actually use it in the shower, and shave with it. The salicylic acid works to prevent ingrown hairs, as well as it prevents acne.

Love it!

on 10/26/2005 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

well first of all i'm a teen with blemish prones skin. I chose this cleanser because the beauty consultant told me that it would do wonders for my skin, after trying it for 2 months without any success in doing anything except drying my skin i threw it out. Hopefully there is a better cleanser out there!!