August 1, 2014 | 961 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by inhyeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in 51 and it's a very good match for my warm-toned skin. The colour is probably my favourite thing about this product since it's the closest match I've found yet.
However, the coverage is really quite light. If you have anything but very light blemishes, you'll need to use a concealer.
Despite it being a moisturising foundation, it still feels quite dry on my skin after a while. That happens with most products for me, but the bad thing is that this one REALLY accentuates any dry patches on my face - I got some around my mouth after the New Year, and I swear this made them look TERRIBLE, unlike my Missha Signature BB cream (they still showed up, but didn't look anywhere near as bad). Overall, not the best product for dry skin. For normal skin, it would probably be great.
The scent is light and fresh, I personally really like it.
As for the packaging, it comes in a slim glass bottle with a pump - love it.

I now mix it up 1:1 with my Missha Signature BB cream, which is great (very good coverage for a BB), but too pink for me (and slightly too light if I put on more than one layer) - it makes me look a little ghastly under certain lighting. The Bourjois foundation makes it match my skin tone much, much better. So in the end, the colour is why I find this indispensable and would repurchase. I don't really mind having to mix them up. For now, I wouldn't use this foundation alone.
I definitely don't recommend it to anyone with dry skin and especially dry/flaky patches on their face - no amount of scrubbing or moisturising will help. If you put this on top of them, it won't look pretty.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by phospholipid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My new HG foundation!! So very sad that Bourjois is not readily available in the U.S. Hunting down this foundation has been quite a journey, but a worthwhile one indeed.

The coloring is perfect for my NC 25/Chanel VA B20. It is perhaps even more flattering than Chanel/MAC on my yellow-toned skin. I've been wearing Chanel VA and I thought the match was good, this one is even better. I wear Shade #52-Vanille.

Coverage is sheer to medium, easy to spread and buildable. The pump bottle is perfect, no shaking needed like the Chanel VA. It has some artificial fruity scent which dissipates quickly, so it does not bother me at all. The finish is semi-mate, quite luminous, which I like. On my dry-combo skin, I found that I don't need to powder and it does not accentuate dry patches. It does, however, somewhat crease on the sides of the nose and everywhere else there's a fold.

The price is the surprising fact. Bourjois is not drug-store priced as I thought, at least not in Canada. I paid $25 USD for a bottle of this, VAT not included.

Overall will purchase again. Good shade, texture, finish and packaging but not readily available in the U.S.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by stl

I'm normally into really high end makeup, so I was surprised to learn I liked this foundation better than some Chanel ones. I wear this in shade 52 and it is a perfect match. It melts right into my skin giving my face this glowing luminous look. I'd say this is medium coverage, though I normally don't need much coverage, so this is more than enough for me. I love the smell, too. I don't even need to powder that much, it so velvety soft on my skin. I'd definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 5:22:00 AM More reviews by jennyvo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Being a student, my budget on makeup is pretty low.
Throughout this year I have tested a number of drugstore foundations - all with their problems:
Covergirl natureluxe did not have the right shade for my NC 30 asian skintone (pink undertones only !), Revlon New Complexion Oil control makeup in Sand Beige was getting too light for my skin and the next shade up had pink undertones and The Face Shop's BB cream was too light coloured and too heavy and made me break out!

And then I read the rave reviews on this Bourjois Healthy Serum gel on MUA. I bought the shade #53 Beige Clair and I was pleased to find that many shades were not too orangey (like Covergirl's natureluxe).
This has more more of a liquid than gel consistency and provides sheer coverage - but it's amazing! It's so sheer, and appears so natural, with a semi dewy finish. It really luminises your skin! And maybe even gives it an airbrush effect haha.
There is a very pleasant smell that comes from this foundation - very fruity and healthy (presumably because of the ingredients which are fruit based)
and the packaging is very nice was well - with a recognisable red cap and a hygienic pump (which other foundations I've tried failed to have)

It's the type of foundation that would draw remarks on how nice your SKIN looks not how good your MAKEUP looks. Definitely my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by KatieDruitt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Being a "high end foundation" junkie, I never expected I would love a drugstore foundation. I tried this after watching a Lisa Eldridge video...figuring anything she recommends has to be good!

I have this in shade 53...which is beautiful on my skin. It really looks like a better version of my real skin. I have quite a few freckles which I always try to hide. With this I apply 1 pump all over my face with fingers, let it set slightly and then apply another pump. This gives an amazing level of coverage and I hardly need concealer. I always run my foundations a little dark as I hate being so pale (with all the bronzed beauties running around Australia) but I bought this in my natural colour and use a little bronzer as contour and I don't feel washed out!

It certainly is quite dewy after application so I like to set it with a little powder in T-Zones. It smells amazing and really makes your skin feel healthy!

Really love this and will re-purchase with love!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by meaghanrichards

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product, but it did nothing for my skin. It didn't last at all, and settled into my pores like crazy. I'm returning it tomorrow.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by kattt17

I wasn't sure if this stuff was gonna be the best choice for my combo/oily skin but I bought it and I can't complain now. It's really good, the coverage is very sheer, I mean VERY sheer but that's ok for me.
Smells amazing. I do have some oily T-zone on my face but this didn't cause any disaster, I just set it with powder and I'm ready to go.
It doesn't last very long though

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 5:16:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a fabulous foundation, not getting five lipsticks only because I still prefer the incredible original Healthy Mix foundation by a small degree. It has a nice, clean, glowing finish, but lacks that silkiness the original formulation has. I have used Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua and it's not quite the same, in my opinion. The former seems more siliconey to me - really smooth - whereas the Healthy Mix is a tiny bit more tacky.
However, it's still a top class foundation at a good price, only surpassed by its own sister.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by PremierT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got it in Dark Bronze (58) and it's a great colour match, I go up to NC45 in summer but I'm much lighter now. I mention this because I have serious matching issues as my skin is neither properly cool nor warm hued and even the lovely ladies at make-up counters are often stumped to find something that doesn't make me look like an alien.

I don't need to cover much of anything so it's light coverage was perfect and the texture is super light an non-greasy. It didn't produce any more shine than my oily skin does alone but it didn't prevent it either. It's invisible after application and my face doesn't feel cakey at all. I usually just apply with my fingers and it blends well an it looks amazing on.. truly just like 'your skin but better'.

I hope they release some darker shades because this is the darkest in the line and come summer it won't work for me any more. It lost one lippy for packaging because the (super hygenic) pump applicator will probably suggest that the (not cheap) bottle is empty when there's still a good bit left in there, otherwise it's perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by niacatstudio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice fresh & soft texture, not greasy at all. Blends good, long-lasting medium coverage. I am 37 with combo skin that gets quite dry in winter time and very oily in the summer. In this time of the year this is my favourite foundation. I feel I'm not wearing anything at all on my skin. I bought 2 different shades because I like contouring with foundation. In my country the cost of this product is 15 euro. I will definitely re-purchase it.