December 22, 2014 | 882 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by loanlou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this system, I actually wanted a clarisonic, buuutttt it couldn't pay $200, so I got this instead. This tool is amazing and cleans your skin nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Joamy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading all the reviews here at MUA i decided to purchase this item and boy am i glad i did. At first when i looked at the brush i thought it was too soft to do anything but when i washed my face with it my face has never felt cleaner...i couldnt believe it. I had really bad break outs around my jawline and after using this for 2 days the break outs were gone. I also love how the brush feels while rotating...... it definitely feels like a spa treatment. Highly recommend it and i really dont see the need for a clarisonic if you got this.

******
Update

Ive been using it now for a couple of months and i still love it. I used it with neutrogena grapefruit face wash and its been my skin holy grail. I stopped using it for a week (i was really busy that whole week) and my skin started to break out. Once i used it again the breakouts were gone. I try to wash my face by sections...forehead, cheeks, chin and nose. I try spending about 30 sec in each section and when im done my skin is perfection!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Kunko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I have always wanted a clarsonic, but since I'm still in college I could never afford to shell out the major bucks to purchase one. When an MUA friend recommended this to me, I was a little suspicious, but it must have been fate because in the following week my mom handed me a coupon for this system and I've fallen in love. My skin is smoother, well my face has always been soft and bouncy like a Japanese skin commercial, but it definitely looks healthier so I'm not ashamed to walk around makeup free.

Just to make sure it was actually this system I stopped using it for a week. My skin looked horrible compared to what it was, I still have a couple bumps on my skin from the break I took from the system. I will definitely continue to use this brush until I can afford to try the clarsonic.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've never used the Clarisonic as I could NOT bring myself to shell out $120 for an oscillating brush...so I was thrilled when this came out. For background info: I have clog-prone, combination skin with a million flakes and blackheads. This makes my skin super smooth, and my moisturizer does absorb much better. My cheeks are particularly prone to blackheads and this has cut back on those as well - the few zits I get now heal much faster and the scars fade very quickly. This has greatly simplified my routine - now I just wash my face once a day, at night, with this and cetaphil, followed by cerave moisturizer. I used to use alpha hydrox AHA cream routinely but I can get away with using this once every 2 weeks now!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by RachelLauren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this facial brush. I have wanted a face brush forever, but the high prices on other brands held me back. I bought this a couple months ago and have been using it about 3 times a week. It leaves my face feeling smooth, and I like the feel of the scrubbing head on my face, kinda like a spa treatment! I would highly recommend trying this if you are hesitating to spend big bucks on other brands. (I was worried about using this with my dry skin, but this has actually made it look better)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by mizwright

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I decided to add this to my skincare regimen and I'm surely glad I did. I'm acne prone so I wanted to make sure all makeup, dirt, and oil was removed at the end of the day. I use my fav cleanser (Clinique) instead of the sample Olay cleanser that came with it. Afterwards, my face feels so clean and refreshed! After the 1st use, my skin already felt smoother. This is so worth the $30(@ CVS or Walgreens)!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by CheerGirl3

I really like this brush. I got it at Target for $38.75 and it was definetly a worthwhile purchase. I don't have or ever have had a Clarasonic to compare it to, but that thing is almost $200 and my friend uses and both of us get the same results.

The first time I used it, I used the cleanser that came with it and started out with the slower setting and then I went to the faster setting for the same amount of time. It worked really well, and I definetly liked the way it cleaned my skin and the way my skin looked after I had used it.

Now I use both the fast and slow setting when I wash it but I use my normal face wash because I like the cleaner that came with it but I don't like the way it smells, it smells gross and I always would try not to smell it. They both give me the same results so yeah, I will just use the one that smells better.

I would definetly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

This is a wonderful, inexpensive little gem. I don't have a Clarisonic to compare, but I feel no need to hunt one down (or fork over $200+ to obtain one). This one, priced at $29 CDN and available at most Shoppers Drug Marts, Walmarts and Rexall pharmacies, works perfectly for my needs.

At first blush, the rotation of the brush head seems too soft to actually administer any kind of helpful exfoliation, at least when held against the back of the hand or arm on the skin. But on the face, it's perfect - it's gentle, it's not too slow, not too fast, and feels like it's really getting into each pore without being too intrusive, clearing out my skin. I did use the accompanying cleanser the first couple of times with this, but found the granular texture too much for my oily/combination/sensitive/prone-to-redness skin, so I switched to my regular cleanser, the soap-free Avene cleansing gel. Since I've switched to that cleanser, my evening face-washing routine has been sublime. Better yet, my face is sinfully soft and clear the next morning.

This may not work wonders for everyone, and it certainly doesn't make miracles. But for fairly normal skin like mine, which battles blackheads and the rare blemish, it's a great boost to an otherwise ordinary and maybe tired skincare routine. And it works well, lifting off flakies and helping with blood flow and removing all last traces of the day. I don't even mind that the battery enclosure is a pain to open - it just means water is less likely to get in. Overall, love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by RedT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this (like many reviewers before me) because I just can't justify splurging on a Clarisonic at 150 here in the UK. I got mine on eBay as it's not available in the UK yet, I paid about 37 incl. shipping.

The first week I used it I had quite a few breakouts but I honestly couldn't say if it was the cleansing brush drawing out ancient crap from my skin, or the fact that I'd cleaned out the garage the weekend I started using it and came out looking like I'd been down a mine! I started off with the higher speed and thought it a bit feeble but I'm used to the RoC microdermbrasion tool which is pretty powerful. After a few uses I switched down to the lower setting which now feels nice and soft and soothing on the skin but not over-stimulating, I don't want to stretch my skin etc. and I soon got used to the higher setting and found it too strong! Plus my cleaner was splashed about a bit on the higher setting.

I find this does a smashing job of cleaning my skin, bringing a healthy flush to my cheeks. I've been using it now for about a month and my cheeks are definitely smoother and clearer, my skin looks fresher overall and my pores look smaller by a large degree. I use mine with my Aveeno Positively Ageless cleanser and will use the Olay cleanser that came with it once this is used up.

If this tool did nothing else (and it does!) it makes me take a few minutes to slow down and enjoy cleaning my skin rather than rushing like I usually do. It makes cleansing like a little spa treatment every night!

Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Blplunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this 2 days ago and used it in the evening and morning for the last 2 days. I like it! It really helps get the flakies off that are caused by my Retin-A. I did not use the cleanser that came with it since I have to be careful what I use with the Retin-A, I use this with my Cerave Hydrating cleanser (after I have removed my makeup with the Nuetrogena naturals + makeup remover cleanser) It leaves my skin feeling silky and clean. I did ask my husband for the Clarisonic for my birthday, but as that is still months away, I figured this would work in the mean time. Hopefully the Clarisonic will work even better, but for $30 this was worth it :)

*UPDATE 5/9/11- My wonderful children (with hubby's help) got me the Clarisonic Mia for Mother's day :) I have only used it a few times so far and I can already say that my skin is already much softer. And following the same routine & cleansers as I did with my Olay brush I find makeup on the bristles of the Clarisonic when there was none on my Olay brush (I take off makeup prior to using) this tells me the Clarisonic is getting my skin cleaner than the Olay brush. I still like the Olay brush over manual cleansing, but if you're on the fence, the Mia is the way to go in my opinion :)