October 24, 2014 | 1737 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by mizwright

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I decided to add this to my skincare regimen and I'm surely glad I did. I'm acne prone so I wanted to make sure all makeup, dirt, and oil was removed at the end of the day. I use my fav cleanser (Clinique) instead of the sample Olay cleanser that came with it. Afterwards, my face feels so clean and refreshed! After the 1st use, my skin already felt smoother. This is so worth the $30(@ CVS or Walgreens)!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by CheerGirl3

I really like this brush. I got it at Target for $38.75 and it was definetly a worthwhile purchase. I don't have or ever have had a Clarasonic to compare it to, but that thing is almost $200 and my friend uses and both of us get the same results.

The first time I used it, I used the cleanser that came with it and started out with the slower setting and then I went to the faster setting for the same amount of time. It worked really well, and I definetly liked the way it cleaned my skin and the way my skin looked after I had used it.

Now I use both the fast and slow setting when I wash it but I use my normal face wash because I like the cleaner that came with it but I don't like the way it smells, it smells gross and I always would try not to smell it. They both give me the same results so yeah, I will just use the one that smells better.

I would definetly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

This is a wonderful, inexpensive little gem. I don't have a Clarisonic to compare, but I feel no need to hunt one down (or fork over $200+ to obtain one). This one, priced at $29 CDN and available at most Shoppers Drug Marts, Walmarts and Rexall pharmacies, works perfectly for my needs.

At first blush, the rotation of the brush head seems too soft to actually administer any kind of helpful exfoliation, at least when held against the back of the hand or arm on the skin. But on the face, it's perfect - it's gentle, it's not too slow, not too fast, and feels like it's really getting into each pore without being too intrusive, clearing out my skin. I did use the accompanying cleanser the first couple of times with this, but found the granular texture too much for my oily/combination/sensitive/prone-to-redness skin, so I switched to my regular cleanser, the soap-free Avene cleansing gel. Since I've switched to that cleanser, my evening face-washing routine has been sublime. Better yet, my face is sinfully soft and clear the next morning.

This may not work wonders for everyone, and it certainly doesn't make miracles. But for fairly normal skin like mine, which battles blackheads and the rare blemish, it's a great boost to an otherwise ordinary and maybe tired skincare routine. And it works well, lifting off flakies and helping with blood flow and removing all last traces of the day. I don't even mind that the battery enclosure is a pain to open - it just means water is less likely to get in. Overall, love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by RedT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this (like many reviewers before me) because I just can't justify splurging on a Clarisonic at 150 here in the UK. I got mine on eBay as it's not available in the UK yet, I paid about 37 incl. shipping.

The first week I used it I had quite a few breakouts but I honestly couldn't say if it was the cleansing brush drawing out ancient crap from my skin, or the fact that I'd cleaned out the garage the weekend I started using it and came out looking like I'd been down a mine! I started off with the higher speed and thought it a bit feeble but I'm used to the RoC microdermbrasion tool which is pretty powerful. After a few uses I switched down to the lower setting which now feels nice and soft and soothing on the skin but not over-stimulating, I don't want to stretch my skin etc. and I soon got used to the higher setting and found it too strong! Plus my cleaner was splashed about a bit on the higher setting.

I find this does a smashing job of cleaning my skin, bringing a healthy flush to my cheeks. I've been using it now for about a month and my cheeks are definitely smoother and clearer, my skin looks fresher overall and my pores look smaller by a large degree. I use mine with my Aveeno Positively Ageless cleanser and will use the Olay cleanser that came with it once this is used up.

If this tool did nothing else (and it does!) it makes me take a few minutes to slow down and enjoy cleaning my skin rather than rushing like I usually do. It makes cleansing like a little spa treatment every night!

Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Blplunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this 2 days ago and used it in the evening and morning for the last 2 days. I like it! It really helps get the flakies off that are caused by my Retin-A. I did not use the cleanser that came with it since I have to be careful what I use with the Retin-A, I use this with my Cerave Hydrating cleanser (after I have removed my makeup with the Nuetrogena naturals + makeup remover cleanser) It leaves my skin feeling silky and clean. I did ask my husband for the Clarisonic for my birthday, but as that is still months away, I figured this would work in the mean time. Hopefully the Clarisonic will work even better, but for $30 this was worth it :)

*UPDATE 5/9/11- My wonderful children (with hubby's help) got me the Clarisonic Mia for Mother's day :) I have only used it a few times so far and I can already say that my skin is already much softer. And following the same routine & cleansers as I did with my Olay brush I find makeup on the bristles of the Clarisonic when there was none on my Olay brush (I take off makeup prior to using) this tells me the Clarisonic is getting my skin cleaner than the Olay brush. I still like the Olay brush over manual cleansing, but if you're on the fence, the Mia is the way to go in my opinion :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by makeupdiva23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This does not irritate my super sensitive skin. Although I only use it once a week to be safe and to prevent over drying. I have not tried the cleanser that came with it. This really deep cleans and gets all the gunk out of your skin. It feels really good and almost massages your face as you use it. I take all of my makeup off first before I use it. I don't want to get it all over the brush. I use it with my Boots facewash or scrub. My husband likes it too. I feel like it might be helping with old acne marks. I have not tried the Clarisonic.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by twestla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So I found out about this through MUA, and while I never really had the urge to purchase a Clarisonic, for this price I thought I would try it out. I love it so much, I purchased it for my 14 year old son as well. Even he loves it - his breakouts are calming down as a result. I don't have any acne issues, but I do believe the tone and texture of my skin is improving. Also, my Estee Lauder ANR serum soaks into my skin instantly after washing it! I love the feeling, and I feel my 40+something skin is starting to look alive again. For $30, really what is the risk??

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by dee0219

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Though something as simple as this tool will not successfully clear up the mild, yet persistent breakouts that have plagued my forehead since I was 13, it definitely has improved other aspects of my skin.

At 24 I figured I have done nothing for my skin in the way of improving it by leaving on makeup overnight, not exfoliating, not moisturizing, etc., and it was a good time to start. I bought this mostly because I needed to amp up my routine, it was novel, and I also wanted to see if it could improve the tone of my skin. I noticed that my skin started clearing up when I started using it, but I found this a perk that diminished within a few weeks. (This, however, might be an experiment to try at a later date, as stopping birth control probably had quite a bit to do with how my skin was behaving.) It didn't take long for me to notice that my skin was improving in other areas, though. Immediately, I could tell a difference in the softness of my skin. Since I have been using this, my face feels soft at all times of the day. My makeup goes on incredibly smoothly, and my skin even looks visibly smoother to me.

The greatest result of using this cleansing system has been the obvious improvement in my skin tone. I used to be noticeably redder in the cheeks, chin, and area surrounding the nose - nowadays, I can hardly believe my face when I look at it! My skin tone has evened significantly, and the redness is almost completely gone. Even when I get out of the shower, I now look like I am wearing makeup because all that I wanted to really cover before is almost completely gone. My skin tone has been the one factor that keeps me wearing makeup, and I feel like soon enough I'll be able to stop that for good.

I love it, and I plan on using it until it breaks. It's been wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this brush. I can feel my cleanser penetrating more deeply than when I just use my hands or a wash cloth, and it makes makeup removal much quicker. After using it for a few weeks I am noticing a real difference in the clarity and smoothness of my skin. I think this is totally worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by lowcapacityx

Let me tell you that this brush is amazing and works wonders on your face. For people who have said that it doesn't work well or that washing your face with their hands or with a wash rag aren't using it correctly and seeing the results. I'd like to compare it to a manual toothbrush vs an electric tooth brush. When you use a manual toothbrush the likely hood of missing some areas are pretty moderate to high depending how well and long you brush your teeth for but when using an electric toothbrush you're getting a good amount of areas if you're using it correctly. This product when using it I feel like I'm getting all the areas of my face and it doesn't make me lazy to take my time washing it because well... the truth is it makes it fun washing my face.

As for the clarisonic. I don't own one and I think it's ridiculously expensive! 200 dollars for something that washes your face? Sorry but I think as long as you wash your face and have a good diet you don't need to be spending money on something that extravagant.