Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

on 3/29/2013 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

this concealer is an absolute dream . Its thick, yet blendable. Heavyduty, yet seemless. I love this , absolute HG<3

on 3/28/2013 11:08:00 AM

I am so happy that I stumbled upon this concealer. I have acne scars and pesky small breakouts that I have a tendency to pick (I know shame on me). Anywho I've been looking for a heavy duty concealer and was so excited to try this when I got home from the store! The texture is thick and VERY pigmented. I got ultra light because I tend to think I'm Snow White but I am about to go back to walmart and purchase light. Anywho, you literally only need a dot and it can cover your whole chin. Not that you'd want to unless you're red and acne scarred there like me. I use it under my eyes occasionally but as I've said it is so thick and it sinks into lines and you have to smooth it out throughout the day. Regardless, this concealer is my HG as of now. Before I had used Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda pallette (available at target) which is awesome but if you need something heavy duty for spots or pimples, you should buy this concealer (available at walmart).

PS I don't really use the concealer pencil, but I'm sure ill find some use for it!

on 3/27/2013 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I debated purchasing this - a drugstore concealer that is pigmented enough to cover tattoos? Of course the first thing I did when I got home was test that out, and sure enough it does. Applies well, blends easily, and sets fairly quickly. This is comparable to the Kat Von D lock it tattoo concealer. The only downside is that there are only 5 shade options right now. Price is great, $6 for 0.71oz of product. Will be repurchasing for sure.

on 3/27/2013 8:35:00 AM

Oh my, I LOVE this concealer!! It is a great replacement to my previous HG concealer, Jane's "No Show" concealer which has been discontinued... Back to Hard Candy's Glamoflauge: this stuff covers GREAT! It even comes with instructions to conceal tattoos, if you were interested. I have never used the little concealer pencil that this comes with, but the cream works wonders (and the size of the tube is a real deal for $7 at Walmart!!!)! I have a lentigo the size of a pencil eraser on my cheekbone, so I've always worked hard to keep it concealed. This stuff does the trick, where as most concealers just can't seem to cover on my face. I use this over primer and foundation, and under transluscent powder. Hope it never gets discontinued! *I did originally buy the "ultra light" shade, which was waaay too light--and then purchased "light" which is perfect for my skin tone.*

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the best concealer I've ever used. I get ultra light, because I'm the palest person I know, and it is perfect. It blends wonderfully, and looks flawless once done. I dot a tiny amount on, and kind of pat it in, and then feather the edges out. You can't even tell I have acne! (Ok, that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but it hides it really well). It's only $6 at walmart, and you get a ton. One thing - it doesn't go well over dry patches, so make sure you moisturize really well first. HG concealer for sure!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This concealer is a powerhouse no doubt. As someone with extremely pale skin (NC15 in the summer if I'm lucky!), any type of redness is readily apparent on my skin and covering it without getting a cake-y effect is hard to come by. This concealer is very pigmented, thick, and the texture is dry despite being a liquid due to the amount of color held in it. I've found the key with using this is to apply a small drop onto my hand, let it warm up a bit, and then dot it onto what I want to cover with a pointed concealer brush. Once I blend over it with my Skin79 Hot Orange BB cream, everything looks flawless and the opaque coverage looks very natural. I also appreciate that the tube is huge and will last a long time, making it a very cost effective product. I am considering mixing this with some moisturizer to see if I can make it more blendable, as it is a quick drying and very "clingy" product. The only downside to this stuff is it comes in a limited amount of shades and applying it take a bit more of a nuanced technique to get down as it's quite different from most other runny/sheerer concealers.

I really liked this concealer I've had mine since 2010 and it's now 2013 so I recently just ran out!! It's a great concealer with amazing coverage and stays put all day it's also a matte concealer and great underneath my foundation it blends very well too I liked the product and would repurchase again!

on 3/23/2013 2:58:00 PM

This is an intense concealer. Like most products, I think it works best for a niche market, and in this case, it's people with bad acne, acne scars, or serious blemishes.

I have mild acne, but even the few bumps are extremely noticeable, because inflammation really shows up on my face, and doesn't go down for a long time. Most concealers don't cover up the redness well enough, and by the end of the day, it's like I didn't bother with concealer at all. This stuff, on the other hand, has staying power. Once I put it on, it stayed on and concealed everything.

The thing is, this product is concentrated. It doesn't spread well. It's incredibly easy to make it look caked on. So, for those people who use concealer all over their cheeks, or to get rid of fine lines, I wouldn't recommend this. It's too must hassle to apply it over large areas. It's best as a spot corrector, in my opinion.

on 3/21/2013 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I wanted to buy Glamoflauge for awhile because of all the good reviews. Finally I bought in in Light, which ended up being too orange for me (I wear L'Oreal True Match in C2- I'm pale with cool undertones). I took it back to Wal-Mart and got Ultra Light- the concealer in the tube matches my skin pretty well, but the little pencil is too orange, which is odd- you'd think they'd be the same colour. The concealer is VERY THICK- I have very clear skin, so I don't use it every day. I tried using it under my eyes and to shape my brows, but it's very obvious because of the thick consistency. I used a bit all over my face once when I needed quick coverage, but it looked ridiculously pale, so I won't be doing that again. Definitely for those who need more coverage, but you still need a very small amount!

on 3/19/2013 11:58:00 AM

I've used Glamoflauge as a part of my daily beauty routine for a while now, and I couldn't be happier with it. I use the concealer to cover up blemishes, small imperfections, and under-eye circles. It's a good consistency; not too thick or thin. I've been on the same tube for over a year and it doesn't feel like I've even made a dent in it. This concealer is totally worth buying, especially because it has a cheap price tag.