November 26, 2014 | 1745 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Roes797

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have quite a few hyperpigmentation spots to cover, and this does the job, very well! I found this at my local Walmart for about 7 CAD dollars. It is very creamy and easy to blend into the skin. I have even used this a my foundation. I mixed a small amount of this concealer and a gel moisturizer and the formula turned into a very decent coveraged, long lasting foundation! A little goes a loong way, and if you use too much, this product will definately make your skin cakey. And I definately do not reccommend this concealer to be used to cover dark circles, because if you do not need a high amount of coverage under your eyes, then do not use it because it will look like you piled on a glob of concealer under your eyes. I also want to mention; the packaging is very convenient/ A clear squeeze tube with a sturdy lid. I use this on a daily basis, and will definately repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by cali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awesome!!! This stuff truly rocks! I am so glad I bought this last summer cause of the great reviews, and still continue to use it everyday. This concealer covers all redness, pimples, discolorations, freckles, etc. As with any makeup product you have to have a good base in terms of your moisturizer and primer. I have tried this concealer with different moisturizers underneath and it performs well all the time (just set with a little powder as last step). The coverage is very opaque and it "grips" well to different moisturizers and foundations. However, I found it to be too "wet" and creamy to ever properly set as an under eye concealer so I do not use it there. Also, they have recently expanded their color range and have several more shades in the fair range.

The fact that this only costs $6 and can be easily picked up from Walmart makes me very happy. I have had it almost 8 months and I wont have to buy another bottle for at least another year so it is a super savings deal! Because the color medium works for me and it is so cheap I do not see the need to buy or try Amazing Cosmetics Concealer ($28) or MUFE concealer (about the same price range). The ingredients between these three concealers is very similar but they differ only slight in the "wetness" factor. I can see why some people would prefer these high end concealers since the color range is greater but please give Glamoflauge a try first before you plunck down tons of money on more expensive but very similar concealers.

This product always helps me cover any last bit of redness and my darker freckles to give me a flawless face. I have tried about 8 or 9 diferrent foundations in the last year and this concealer fills in where all of those fail. The color medium works with many light-medium, golden and warm based foundations. I dot it on with Real Techniques precision concealer brush and then pat with a slightly damp sponge to fuse it to the foundation and to my skin. Then blur the edges by gently buffing with Real Techniques buffing brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by talullahxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this was an overall good product, i liked it alot for use of under the eyes, it was a bit heavy/cakey, but good coverage.. i think i preferred it more for my spots and other blemishes on the rest of my face, however because of its thickness i found it oily which caused my skin to break out when i used it alot, so im divided on this product, although i really liked it's use, i just dont like that it makes me break out :( would probably be good for people with non acne prone skin.
probably the best thing about it is that it was so cheap, hard candy is a really good drugstore brand!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by TeenMakeupGoddess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this concealer. And at walmart for only $6, what's to lose? I read up on this concealer and finally bought it after seeing all the great reviews on it. The color selection isn't the best since there are only 3 colors to choose from, but if the color is right for you, this is perfect. This concealer covers everything. Just don't apply too much or it will look cakey. It is thick but that doesn't bother me at all like it might for other people. You would expect a concealer of this quality to be around $50-$100, but it is only 1/10 the price! I really hope they don't discontinue this product as it is better quality than all those high end and pricey concealers such as Mac and Sephora ones (in my opinion). So if you want full coverage with a half of a pea sized amount, try this! You will hopefully not regret buying this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by JasmineVirani

This is my go - to concealer! the coverage is phenomenal and a little bit really does go a long way ! it's perfect for that flawless complexion! the only downside is that there arent many colour choices and it doesn't last as long as I would like. Start off with a primer and I'm sure you're good to go !

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by faithsmakeupmadness

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

OK, so I don't use this concealer often.When I do, I mix it with a lighter coverage. This can get so cakey, even when you use a tiny dot (which is all you need for both undereyes), and after using powder, I hate the overall look. :( I wouldn't recommend.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by GreenEyedGal86

This one tube will last me till I'm 30! Okay....maybe not that long but one tube will last you a long long time. A few people have said a like, a pin head amount and that is right! One little dot is enough for under both my eyes and the little bit of red on my nose that needs a lot of cover.

I'm NOT a Hard Candy fan....but this is really great. I use Ultra Light and it's the only concealer that is actually light enough for me.

It is only about 6 or 8 dollars so....give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by adrianna511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Their color range seems to be improving - they used to only have 3 colors but they have a new "ultra light" one which I was excited about since I'm really pale. It's kind of yellow-toned which is fine for a lot of people but I'm pink-toned so I just have to be careful to blend it and such. This is the first concealer I've tried that really covers my dark red acne scars. I still have to layer it, since it doesn't cover as much as I want it to with just one application. But even when I layer it, it doesn't look cakey. As long as you know how to apply it and blend it (I usually like to use my finger) it's a really good concealer!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by electricbubblewrap

Wow, I knew this was a heavy duty concealer but I honestly wasn't expecting the product I received. I've used mascara, cream eye shadow, and eyeliner by Hard candy and they were all just ok, so I wasn't expecting the concealer to be that good.

When I opened it, the first thing I noticed was the first drop was clear, so I had to knead the concealer in the tube a bit to get it all to mix. Then when I tried it on my skin - wow! A little goes a long way and it gives super opaque coverage. I bought it to cover a scab from a recent cut underneath my eye - I used a pin-sized dab of this stuff and I actually had to go back and wipe some of it off because it was TOO thick and spread too far across my undereye area.

This is a powerful little concealer and I'm very impressed with it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Not a winner for me. Very limited selection of shades made it hard to find a good color match. Very opaque upon application (the one thing I liked about it) but it didn't last, this concealer fades after a few hours. Looked powdery and didn't blend easily. Also, I just prefer a stick concealer to the tube kind. I found that with the tube I always squeezed out way too much product, no matter how hard I tried to limit it to the teensiest amount. And stick concealers are just easier to use. I had high hopes for Glamoflauge after reading so many great reviews, but I didn't like this and I wouldn't buy it again.