October 23, 2014 | 912 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by woot12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was going on trying makeup and I have to say this by far, had the best finish, texture and consistency I have ever come across. It gives a dewy finish with a light coverage. One has to shake the bottle before use and then apply with a foundation brush. The only put off the product is the smell. I really hope Chanel gives a non-scented foundation because for me it wasn't nice.

The price of this product was EXTREMELY expensive. It cost 77 AUD, I looked everywhere else like the US where they only pay 40 USD. I don't know why there is such a price gap between the two. I also think I would run out of this foundation quickly. I don't where foundation often and I don't know how much exactly is left but it feels like it's half full. I really don't know if you are getting 77 dollars worth in that tiny bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by mari4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the best foundation I ever tried. It looks sooo natural and feels so good and fresh on your skin, and the best is that it covers perfekt. I use Sigma f82 or my fingers and it blends in perfeckt everytime.
I have pretty great skin to begin with. I get one or too pimples in the montch or else I have dehydrated and a litte dry chins.

The only thing thats stopping me from buying it is the staying power. I t dosent stay on my face my whole workday, or even half work day. My skin is weird so i havent find that foundation thats stays for all day, just Dior Nude foundation. But the colour selection is really not good there. ( There is no color for me too use when I have a tan in the summer time)I use the lightes shade 010. If anyone have a great suggestion too a similar chanel aqua lumiere foundation, please send me an email:)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by BieberBunny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I discovered this product after getting a make over done by Chanel at the mall. While I was walking through the mall I recieved many compliments on my skin, which was great! I went back to Chanel a few weeks later and purchasd it and my skin has looked amazing!! I use the Original Beauty Blender sponge to apply this and my skin looks flawless. It is very light weight and just the perfect amount of coverage for my skin. I was told by the lady who did my make up that it was more like a tinted moisterizer which i some what agree on. This product is very expensive and since I'm a teenager I have to use this sparingly so I don't use it all up. Over all I love this product and would definately repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by AwsElle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

I know this foundation is marketed as being a light coverage foundation that you can apply "without thinking about it" but I actually find it to have a very good coverage - on my skin it is definitely more of a medium/buildable coverage and I find that I have to be quite careful with how much product I am putting on as it can look quite cakey if you use too much. The finish is not as dewy as I had expected, especially when compared to Chanel's Vitalumiere but it does have a nice satin finish and can be worn without being powdered (I can't quite pull this off with Vitalumiere). This is the foundation that I use on night's out or for special occasions where I need my makeup to look good for an extended period of time without having to worry about blotting or re-applying, in fact, I find that this foundation actually looks better after a couple of hours on my skin. However, I do find that it does tend to cling to any dry parts on my face so I always moisturize thoroughly first. Also, I have tried many different application techniques and I find that using my fingers works the best. I am torn about whether or not I would re-purchase as it was quite expensive ($50 Canadian) and it is not a foundation that I would wear day to day and I am not a fan of the smell but it is very nice for days where I need a more flawless finish.

For reference: I have normal-combination skin. In the winters my skin is fairly normal and I don't really have any issues with oiliness but my cheeks to get quite dry and in the summers I do struggle with some oiliness through my t-zone. And I am NC20-25 and I have the shade B20.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 5:37:00 AM More reviews by 2012makeuplover

Great foundation with water base! It gives me skin a flawless look ,dewy finish but not oily! Received lots of compliment when wearing. People always asked me :" ur skin looks perfect, do u wear any foundation on or not?"

Update on June 18th,2012.
Lil background: aboved review were done from my memory image of aqua. I have used it before n then I switched to chanel mat lumirie(not that impressive), and then Lancôme photogeneic( break me out), since I always wanna try different things out.
Just about 2 weeks ago, I really started to try a lot of foundations (sample from dept store) to find the perfect foundation for myself, as both matte lumierie and Lancôme photogenic disappointed me a lot.

During last two weeks, I have tried la mer tinted moistrizer, Armani skin fabric, Laura mercier silk foundation, Chanel vitalumiere, and nanoce bb cream.. I came back to chanel aqua lumierie . I don't think any other foundation will do the great Job to my skin so far....

Pros: lightweight, skin can really breath!
Coverage is good for decent skin condition
Satin finish, looks very natural , shows ur own skin radiance
Oil free, great for summer!

Girls who does not have much to cover, this is your best selection! Go get a sample n try it out! Trust me you gonna love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Sarrellie

Out of all the foundations I've tried this makes my skin look the best! I will say that you probably shouldn't be using this if you are having any dry patches or flakes at the moment because it WILL accentuate dry skin. I save this for my good skin days. It has light coverage and looks very natural on the skin brightening the complexion. I have tried every which way to apply this and my favorite way has been to smooth it in with my fingers and then afterwards use a damp cosmetic sponge to gently press it in to the skin. It looks SO natural and I love wearing this foundation. It also happens to be my longest wearing foundation as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by SummerHearts

Overall, I am very satisfied with this product. This is by far the best foundation for acne-prone skin type or oily skin type. I used to have tons of breakouts and blemishes and I have always tried to cover them with lots of foundations. However, this foundation is different. Since it's a water-based foundation, it did not make your skin break-out and wont clog your pores. Also, I really love the texture of the foundation; it's very light, but the coverage is medium-full.

Currently, I am on my 5th bottle and I am going to continue to wear Chanel Vitalumiere aqua as my HG Foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 7:59:00 AM More reviews by AnneMarie13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

i bit desapointment... it´s not that fresh, dewy has i though, it´s a bit `fake fresh` and there is no perfect match for my skin color! the lightest is too dark :|

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Avawelles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If not for the strong smell, this foundation may be a potential HG for me. The coverage and texture are wonderful. I can't speak to how it would cover blemishes or poor skin because my skin is generally pretty good. It seemed to just even me out with only a tiny amount of product. Also, felt very light - like a tinted moisturizer.

However, I get headaches and can't abide strong scent. After 2 hours of wear the heavy perfume scent is still lingering. It is horrible!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by neeksters

Pleasant smell, medium buildable coverage and dewy finish.

Why 3 stars? I don't think dewy is for me. It did not flatter my dry/combo skin. I was only able to apply this to my face using fingers. Using a brush looked cakey.