September 17, 2014 | 2030 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by blondiecakes93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Even their lighest shade wasn't light enough for me. The color selections are way too limited. It's a very heavy coverage, which isn't really my thing. Blending was rather difficult and it looked cakey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the ONLY liquid foundation I use or own. I am usually a tinted moisturizer kinda gal, I prefer a natural look for school and work. But when I'm going to events or just have a bad skin day I will use this. I find it to be very light and matches my skintone really well. And you can't beat the price!

I don't particularly want to test the "25 hour" claim because that would involve me sleeping in my foundation. and that is a makeup sin in my book.

My skin can get a little oily sometimes when it gets hotter outside but this foundation holds up pretty well! If a foundation can last an entire day of mine including school and work, its an A in my book!

Definitely suggest you all try this out! The shade selection is a little small but those of you that are lighter can probably find a match! And if you're unsure if you will live it head to your local Ulta! They have a really great exchange policy for opened and used products :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by wink89

I went on a weekend trip and forgot my makeup bag. Went to CVS at 2 am and picked this up in a panic. To my surprise, it worked out pretty well. Though limited in color selection, the shade I choose is a perfect match. Staying power is good, considering my oily skin and blotting all day. It actually looks more natural than my MAC Longwear, and cheaper. I'm considering switching over but will give it a few more weeks of testing. Only con is that I have to use more than I normally would with Mac Longwear.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by ashleytohl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you haven't tried this and need a cheap foundation then get this. I stopped using my ELDW foundation and went to this as a cheaper alternative. the Only downside is the stickyness so make sure you set it really good. The color selection isn't wonderful either but I was able to make it work. Give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by siobhaan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought the glass bottle version of this and I love it. Would explain it as the dry skin version of MACs Fix Fluid. Good coverage, nice and liquidy, applys well with a sponge, 187 and 190 brushes so whatever is to hand is fine. Good all rounder to have in your make up bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2012 4:21:00 AM More reviews by whawhawhacawhaaawhaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a foundation noob, so I did excessive MUA searching on drugstore foundations before I came upon Rimmel Lasting Finish and I read the good reviews. I have been using it for about a week now, so far and I really like it. It goes on very smooth/creamy texture and doesn't take forever to dry, I don't feel you need to set this with powder (however, I do use Rimmel Stay Matte b/c of Period 3 dance class). Although the bottle says it is hydrating, I don't find it to do anything in particular, nor does it do anything worse on my slightly oily T-zone, it is just a chill in the middle foundation. I use my fingers to blend and I only spot treat my acne scar zone and redness on my cheeks and jaw, it looks very natural on my skin. Not too pink or yellow, it is a neutrual tone in Ivory 100.

I don't know what's a particularly good time for lasting power, but since it is 25 hours, you should expect something. I haven't tested this to its full extent though as I try to take off my foundation afterschool (6 hours). I've checked my face in between periods and when I get home from school and no crazy problems as far as I can see. No cakey icky stuff.

The real real real downer here though is the poor colour selection and misleading names of the shades. I picked up Ivory, even though I am not a red-headed pasty European, but I am a light-skinned Asian, youd figure the name "Ivory" would be left to those skin tones. I still felt the colour was a tad too dark for me, so I'm going to apply a bit less and mix with my SPF moisturizer.

Other than that, I think this is a great overall foundation. Medium coverage, decent lasting power, natural look and easy application, forgot to mention you FORGET it's on your face, it is weightless!
The hunt's just beginning! I will continue my search, but for now, this seems like a good foundation to start off on!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

UPDATE 3/22/2012:
I found out that when this foundation dries, it doesn't dry completely. So it'll definitely stay put throughout the 25 hours that it claims to--as long as you don't touch your face. This foundation seems to be like one of those cream foundations that can never dry and immediately wipe off if you slide your finger over your face.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I bought this foundation immediately after reading all these reviews saying that it's a full coverage foundation. Because, let's face it: There basically aren't any drugstore foundations that offer full coverage other than the Revlon Colorstay Foundation. (Actually, Colorstay is more like medium coverage for me.)
I'm quite disappointed with Lasting Finish.
My biggest complaint is the appearance of the shades in the tube. ALL of the shades look like they range from medium to medium-dark--which is VERY misleading, because the shade names that I saw were names like Ivory, Porcelain, and Beige, which are obviously fair shades. So I went through a lot of trouble trying to find the right shade, especially under that dreadful Rite Aid lighting.
At first I tried to find my shade by reading the shade names, but that was no use. So then I decided to find my shade by looking at the color in the tube. I chose True Ivory, which looked a lot like my skin shade (I'm NC30-35, for reference) in the tube. What a mistake! Even though it still looked like a promising shade when I squeezed it out, True Ivory actually turned out to be a light cool-toned shade, which was way too light and too pinkish for me. I believe this shade would be better for NW20 people.
What also made me disappointed was the coverage. Even though I got the wrong shade (probably like 3 shades too light), I still looked forward to seeing the coverage it provided. It didn't really do a whole lot to cover up my moderate acne and dark acne marks. It didn't cover up my pores either, but that's not really a shocker considering nothing does. I would say that this foundation covers a little less than the Revlon Colorstay does (about medium coverage, I'd say).
But, this foundation is much easier to apply and blend than the Colorstay, and the packaging, which is just a simple squeeze tube, is very convenient.
The texture is liquidy, but ever-so-slightly creamy.
The finish is another downer. It dried down to a matte, unnatural finish that made it VERY obvious that there was makeup there. I didn't expect an invisible-makeup look, but this foundation just looks...somewhat cakey (not as cakey as powder foundtion though).
I suppose I'll just have to keep using Revlon Colorstay until I find another so-called full coverage drugstore foundation. *sigh*
Would I repurchase? No.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Tati86

Pros:
Goes on smoothly
Isn't too fast drying
Doesn't go streaky or patchy
Cheap
Cons:
Colour selection is poor, no options for dark or black skins
Definitely not 25 hour or even 10 hour but with an oily t zone you can get a good 3 hours without powdering the nose.
Photographs much paler than it is so not something to wear if you know you are taking photos and you like to look tanned in them (I'm talking when using a flash)
Packaging in the UK looks cheap

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by fleetgoddess21

I've been using MAC Face and Body foundation for the last year and it is my absolute holy grail, everyday foundation. But I needed something with a little bit more coverage for those times when i was a little more broken out to help cover it. The price was about $7 at Fred Meyer, and it has a very nice natural finish. It's not super matte, which is good because i hate matte powdery finishes, but its not as dewy as my MAC F&B. I'm about a NC20 in the winter time and a NC40 in the summer as my heritage allows my skin to tan very easily. I bought this for my winter skin and I grabbed 103 true ivory.It's a great match to my skin and I'm really pleased with how it doesn't feel super heavy on my skin like Revlon Colorstay did and gives the same coverage. I'd totally buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Lisah4907

I LOVE this foundation!!! I am in the shade 103 True Ivory and it just blends into my skin perfectly using my Sigma F84 Kabuki brush. It lasts ALL DAY whilst i'm at work without making my skin look super oily and greasy (I do use a powder over top to set it). It cost me something like £7.00 as well which is amazing! I will definately be repurchasing this foundation as soon as I run out. The only thing I will say is that there are only 6 shades of this foundation so it will be hard for a lot of people to get a colour to correctly match their skin tone.