Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

on 3/21/2011 11:11:00 PM

I love gel-creme type of moisturizers, so this one is no exception. It's light and moisturizing enough for my combination skin. Smells fresh and absorbs quick. Works for me, but for those who want something more moisturizing would need to look a little further. This is a decent moisturizing gel with a low price tag that keeps me happy.

on 3/15/2011 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I want to say straight from the start that I bought this solely because of price AND I can get it at my local Wal-greens or Wal-Mart. I recently was using Atopalm which is expensive for a small amount ($20 for 1 ounce) and I have to order online. Money means a lot these days and I have to save where I can.

That being said, this was a pleasant surprise. The texture is a gel and it sinks into skin very quick. You just need a little and it keeps me from getting dry patches (hard for me to find) and gives me a great canvas for makeup application. Previously I have gotten red from certain lotions and this doesn't make me red or blotchy at all. I never thought of garnier as a great skin care line but I will definitely check out other items from this brand due to the moisture rescue experience. Surprised that I would ever be satisified with a drug store moisturizer but this is a winner! Price was $4.99 with a coupon. I will update if I have any issues. So far so good.

on 3/13/2011 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This gel-cream moisturizer is great for my combination skin. It doesn't add shine to my t-zone, which I love. It is a little pricey for me (seeing as I'm a full time college student and price is everything!) but a little goes a long way and this little jar will last a long time.
I wasn't expecting a miracle product but this does everything I need it to. It softens my skin and adds moisture to my face without making it feel oily.
I will definitely buy again, if I ever run out!

on 3/11/2011 12:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is the best moisturizer for my skin type! I have tried countless other moisturizers before I found this one, and this one was the best bar none! It's very light; not greasy and it dries up quickly and moisturizes just as fast. My skin has definitely improved using this every morning!

on 3/3/2011 6:22:00 AM

Love this stuff! My T-zone is always oily and my cheeks have been soooo dry the past few months and this stuff is great. I love how it has like a cooling feel to it when you put it on. There is a light clean fragrant scent to it. Non irritating as some other moisturizers tend to be on my skin. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because the product seems to be used up fast.

on 3/2/2011 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE!! I have exremely dry skin around my nose and cheeks, and this works wonders for my skin. I also use the facewash, and the day moisturizer with spf. They are all fantastic. Highly recommend to anyone with dry or sensitive skin.

I got this moisturizer for free and I really like it. Melts into your skin and feels so lightweight. Used to use Olay complete for sensitive skin, but I really like this better. Photographs nice too since it contains no sunscreen. Garnier makes the moisture rescue lotion with an spf too, but my foundation already has one so its redundant to have both. Smells nice, softens skin, and makes makeup application a breeze even with no primer. Its around 8 or 9 at most walgreens.

on 2/28/2011 7:46:00 PM

I love this stuff! I have acne prone skin, and it didn't break me out whatsoever or make me too greasy or anything like that. also, acts as a wonderful base for makeup. It leaves my skin smooth and soft, and not sticky or filmy, so makeup goes on top of it perfectly. this stuff also dries very quickly so you don't feel like you have a layer of stuff on your face while you wait for it to dry. I understand the complaints about the packaging, but it doesn't really bother me. I like the glass container, and it reminds me of the clinique gel cream. just to mention one other thing, i bought garnier's moisture rescue lightweight lotion in the pump bottle. that one i like but the gel cream in my opinion is much better!

on 2/27/2011 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this stuff -- it's like Clinique's Moisture Surge, except you can get it at the drugstore. It feels light and refreshing and absorbs quickly but is super moisturizing. It works wonders on trouble spots if you have some dry patches on your face.

The only thing is the packaging, it's in a glass jar with a lid and might be more convenient in a pump or something. Still would purchase again. Would love a travel size package too, hint hint!!

on 2/20/2011 6:44:00 PM

the reason i got this was because i wanted something cheaper than the moisture surge from clinique. so far moisture rescue has proven to be a drugstore dupe for many of the department store gel creams that i have tried like clinique's and lancome's. it works just has good as them but costs a fraction of the the price i would definitely recommend it to people who wants a cheaper alternative to their department store gel creams.