August 30, 2014 | 1907 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Iphy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this moisturizer. It is super light, fresh, and clean. It smells great. It is a small tub, so in my cheapness it is a bit expensive but face care is worth much more than I paid. It sort of feels like wiping gel deodorant or hair gel on your face, but it is great because it doesn't get your hair greasy, but still leaves nice, smooth skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this for my 14 year old and tried it several times. Wow, is it lovely! Smells great, absorbs wonderfully and no breakouts for her (or me). Great find! I recently had to get myself a jar. I can't say that it has any sort of "magic" ingredients (no retinol, etc) but my Gawd, it's such a pleasurable experience to use! It's a cool, pale minty green, see-through gel that smells lightly of cucumber - just VERY fresh. I can't get enough of the smell!
UPDATE: I am ADDICTED to this, the smell, the feel....I just wish it had better ingredients, I mean it has no pore cloggers but I wish it had something exciting like niacinamide or squalene or hyaluronic acid...maybe vit C...anything good!! lol and no alcohol. But I am hooked regardless.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by ldyshallott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oily Skinned Ladies this moisturizer-gel is perfect for you!!! its light and cool and feels soo nice on. especially if you leave it in the fridge and put it on right out of the shower (or bath). this leaves my (oily, acne prone skin feeling perfectly balanced. most moisturizers are too heavy and greasy or leave me flaky in areas and oily in other areas but this product hasnt! paid only $7.99 for this at walgreens. another reviewer compared it as a dupe for Cliniques moisture surge and she hit the nail exactly on the head. defanately HG for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by gina32675

In the winter my skin gets very dry with flaky patches on my face. This year seems to be worse than ever. For the past few days, it has been so bad that it actually hurt and started turning red in a lot of areas. I picked up a jar of this today - after standing in the store for what seemed like forever - and this was such a great find! My skin feels better than it has felt in days, refreshed...redness gone, dry patches and flakes - gone! It feels so nice and refreshing putting it on - with a hint of a cooling sensation and with no greasy feel. A little seems to go a long way. And this is was with only one application! I'm sold. I rarely write reviews for products, but I am so happy with this, I just had to share!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This doesn't moisture. The only thing I like about this is the consistency of the gel and the packaging. (...) This is just a lame attempt at a gel type moisturizer really.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by kar212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product, it is my all time favorite mosturizer, and i have tried so many. I have oily skin that gets very shinny by the end of the day. This product doesnt make it worse, I actually believe it helps reduce oil. I get dry flakes on my face durring the winter, but this keeps those flakes away. I have very acne prone skin aswell, and this product did not break me out in the slightest.
PRO:
Cheap
easy to find
pleasent smell (but not overwhelming)
looks nice under makeup
great quality packaging (in a glass container)
didnt add oil to my face
feels light on the skin

CONS:
fragrance may bother some
doesnt moisurize enough if you have extremely dry skin IMO

I have already purchased this twice and it remain in my skincare routine for as long as its made. Would highly reccomend

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Princess817

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have really dry, very sensitive skin and I generally have to wear expensive moisturizer. I had a sample of this in a magazine and it did not seem to make my skin sensitive so when I found it at the Supercenter for REALLY cheap I decided to try it. I was pleasantly surprised! This stuff works pretty well! Has a nice cooling effect on my rosacea (cheek area) and is so cheap I can slather it on without worrying about running out. I put a thick coat on and let it soak in. Takes about 3 minutes. I normally have horrible dry, scaly patches on my skin come winter time. Since using this I have had none! So surprised! This has replaced my expensive Clinique creams. The only thing I wish is it came in a fragrance-free version. The smell is nice I just do not like to put it on my skin but so far, my jar is 3/4 of the way gone (had for about two months now and used once daily) and has not shown any sign of irritation. Looking forward to trying more Garnier products!
EXCEPTIONAL PRODUCT AT A GREAT PRICE! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: This is marketed more for drier skin, I think. But it works great for my combo, sometimes acne-prone skin. I use this whenever I am more acne-prone, and I still get to feel moisturized. Wonderful, light, gel consistency. It's all gel...not "gel/cream." Fresh, cucumbery smell that almost, almost has a floral scent to it. It's pleasant, so I don't mind. Reasonable price. It gives my skin almost enough moisture to feel soothed, relaxed and just generally good, but never leaves a film or any oiliness on me. Better for me when I'm oily. Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

CONS: Not for those who need a whole lot of moisture. Like I said, I don't think they are labeling/marketing this well. Many won't like it comes in a jar which fingers can contaminate. (I have clean hands when applying, so it doesn't bother me.)

ALTERNATES: This is a good dupe for "Moisture Surge" by Clinique, which is maybe slightly more moisturizing, a lot more expensive, but has no scent. My new fave for very moisturizing while not clogging me AT ALL is Aveeno - Positively Nourishing Comforting Whipped Souffle, which is actually made for the body, but I love it for my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by kims3142

This is my 2nd HG find this week and I can almost cry. I am so thankful that this is so cheap. I do not like paying too much for so-so items, and if I find something I like that is a little too $, I do try to look for something similar but cheaper because I don't believe that a product has to be expensive to work well.

I love gel moisturizers because I am very oily, but very dehydrated because I use a lot of exfoliants to help with my acne & scarring. This moisturizes so well because of the high glycerin content which is listed as the 2nd ingredient. I have had some break out issues with glycerin products before, but not with this.

What makes this HG?
1) Moisturizes w/o any greasy feeling. Absorbs like that (snaps fingers)
2) Make up wears very well over it
3) Very affordable, around $7
4) Easy to find
5) Doesn't add to my oilliness or acne

Does any remember L'oreal's Hydrafresh? It was a fav of mine before they stopped making it, but they had a gel moisturizer that looks and feels just like this. I think the light scent it the same too? Maybe it is a reincarnation, but whatever it is, this is wonderful stuff.

I highly recommend it to those using a lot of chemical exfoliants, I use retinoids and glycolic acid. Those who wear makeup, with oily skin and anyone who wants a frill free moisturizer that makes your skin feel comfortable and gets rid of the flakes of dry patches.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

For me, this was a win! It feels cool when I apply it, but it dries to a nice, soft finish, leaving my skin moisturized without feeling greasy or oily. Personally, I like the mild, fruity-herbal smell, but it fades away quickly after putting it on, so even if I disliked it, it wouldn't be an issue. I will definitely repurchase this! I do wish it came in a tube instead of a jar so that I don't have to keep putting my fingers in it, though.