September 2, 2014 | 2197 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by bellafonte

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product just did not impress me much. I had only really dabbled with liquid eyeliner before this, but thought I might try to recreate a retro catseye effect. So I brought this little number, and boy what a mistake.

The wand is far too short, which is supposed to make it easier to control but just made the whole process far too awkward. The brush is not as precise as I had hoped, it gives a thin line however it had a frayed edge after about 4 applications. The brush also began to curve and became lumpy after about a week of having it- and I swear I didn't abuse it. The line was also strangely glossy and didn't give an even coverage of black. I felt so frustrated with this liner, liquid liner is tricky enough as it is without being complicated further.

In the end I shelled out for a MAC superslick, and all my liquid liner worries have vanished.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by sumansaran

If you like L'Oreal's Lineur Intense Eyeliner, you might like this even more. Like the L'Oreal version, it is has this awesome nubby little tip which makes lining (any kind of line) a breeze. I prefer this over L'Oreal because it is a smaller bottle and the handle on the "brush" is also shorter - makes application easier. The only downsides are that I the black color isn't as intense as it could be - you won't get a glossy, inky black line with this - and that there isn't alot of product in there. But depending on usage, it will still last quite a while. I'm not sure there is a waterproof version, but if there is, I would snap up both on sale. It's a little less expensive than the L'Oreal version and on sale, it is really a bargain. The underdog of the two, but definitely worth a purchase, especially if you like this type of eyeliner tip.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by darkeyedfran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I've been wanting to use liquid liner for a while because i love how clean and dramatic the line looks when applied! I usually use creams but they just done show up well in pictures of me! I bought this on a total whim at walmart since it was only 5 bucks! I also bought it in the wrong color! I bought the blackish brown which is NOT blackish brown....its brown....if i wanted a more muted color i would have used the brown cream liner i already own!

So i was pondering how to fix this problem since i had opened the package and then it hit me to go over the liner when it was freshly applied with NYX black eyeshadow!!!!! this works like a charm! Not only did it give me the color that i wanted but it also took away the awful shine of the product and made it last decades longer! if you like shiny liners this is for you, if you dont then i suggest applying good shadow over the top with an eyeliner brush. I was really surprised at the staying power the liner had when you seal it with the powder.

I really love the consistency and the brush! This goes on really really easily and me, who is a non expert at liquid liner put this on just fine! I only apply one coat and only on the top lid! Im not sure if it would be more prone to flaking if you put more than one coat on.

hopefully this helps and hopefully those of you who are on the fence with this product will give it a second chance because it is pretty darm good!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Baobaoluong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I feel like it s just a common liquid eyeliner one. It doesnt have anything special. I hate the brush. The brush itsnt thin enough for me to make a wing since i have monolids, drawing eyeliner wont be hard for me. But with this kind of brush, it s hard for me.
Althoung, i have terribly oily skin. And this liquid lasts all day long for me.
I dont like the price, i ended up gettting this for a very high price. I dont expect the drugstore brand carries product cost that much.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by shevvi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this eyeliner. Doesn't smudge, and is reasonably easy to remove. Also good for lower lash line.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by FlufehBunneh

After I tried the last stiletto mascara and loving it I had to try the eyeliner! I have tried many liquid eyeliners and I always have trouble with the eyeliner liking to either flake off or collect in the crease of my eyelids because my eyelids are horribly oily. This liquid eyeliner doesn't flake or smear! I use it everyday and it is a FANTASTIC price!! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by sguthall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this liner!! I wing out my eyes just about everyday and this makes it so quick and easy. I have never been able to use liquid liners before line stiletto. Not to mention you can get this liner for a great price! The brush can be described as a tapered felt tip with just a little bit of give. This makes it very simple for newbies. You can make the line thinner or thicker just by using more of the side of the brush. I have yet to see a tube of this dry out either- the product quality is exceptional. I am constantly rubbing my eyes because of my contacts, but this liner does not smear or budge. Sensitive eyes, like mine, will have no issues with this product. I have purchased several tubes of this liner so far and I will continue to do so!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by MichellePfaff

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Originally i bought this product on accident, but it was a great mistake i made! I love this because it applys on smoothly and dries quickly, plus i'm a beginner at liquid eyeliner and this stuff helped me alot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by yelloats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

mmm hg! this takes a little while to get used to b/c a lot of ppl say its flimsy but i think ur basically supposed to use the entire side of the whole felt stick to line, atleast i do and its a lot easier, dont just use the tip. this is same concept as loreal lineur intense but i think the loreal one is ALOT more pigmented. i can use 1 coat or maybe sometimes 2 with the loreal one and be good, but this one requires more layers but i like using this one cuz its cheaper and Maybelline goes on bogo 40% sales in drug stores more than loreal lol. both are great! COMPLETELY oil proof! my lids are lik oil wells by the end of the day and they do not smudge or anything to this eyeliner no raccoons or anything its lik almost exactly like when i just applied it in the morning...however! its is completely NOT water proof! lol so if u are a laugher who gets teary eyes lik i do, it can be a problem, but i just always have it with me and quickly reapply lol. the good thing tho, that i do like about being nonwater proof is that it takes lik 2 seconds to wash off, no rubbing at all! jus a cotton swab and gently swipe off!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Princessbel

WOW, ill first off start by saying I really had no confidence in this product before buying it, mainly because it was pretty cheap (i got it on special for around $12 au).

HOWEVER, i love it, I have been wearing it for a week now and it has really stood the test of hot weather, going out and it just lasts all day!!
I have tried so many liquid liners, L'oreal, Pupa, Rimmel, Covergirl, Australis, but they all don't even get close to what this does.

The packaging is great its pretty simple to use just shake and apply. The tip is really nice, it is very easy to use and with minimal effort you can create a bold line as thick or fine as you like :)

The liner fluid is great as well I only really have to draw a line and it is quite bold, I'll only go over it if I feel like it needs another coat. The tip is so precise that I can easily wing the liner without looking like I have fudged it up! Also this formula lasts all day! no joke, I have worn it from 10am til 11pm and it has not budged at all, usually my eyes are a crazy mess with liner in the corners and the colour fades but NOT with this one :)

I was very surprised with the quality of this liner and I will definitely repurchase this! I'm so happy I have finally found a liner that goes the distance as well as looks great and is soooooo EASY to use!

xo