Essie Mademoiselle

4.4

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 8/25/2004 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A great, sheer, classic pink - good for a french manicure or by itself. A total HG and a go-to classic pink/sheer shade that is timeless and elegant. I used Mlle again & again.

NICE!

on 7/23/2004 11:48:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

The perfect shade. No matter that most of LA wears it with a french or alone. My HG nail polish.

on 7/6/2004 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I agree with other reviewers in that it is "your nails but better". Almost clear with a hint of natural nail colour. Makes nails appear smooth and shiny, like they have had a good buffing. Much better than the other Essie fave, Ballet Slippers, which I find too white.

on 6/24/2004 11:53:00 AM

I recently chose this shade for a pedicure (layered over OPI Bubble Bath to give it a shade more pink) and I was not disappointed. This is a lovely milky sheer pink color. Essie has tons of neutrals that each have their own little twist.

on 6/12/2004 11:12:00 PM

Finally found my signature color after my beloved Estee Lauder Sweet Pea ran out. I have scoured all over for the best nail polishes for me, and Mademoiselle is a jewel. I personally don't like dark shades on my fingers - I rather like more natural-looking colors. Essie goes on easily although honestly, when I first tried it, the polish ran to my fingertips. I am glad I did not give up. It dries fairly quickly, last quite long, and goes with any outfit on any occasion. Great with French manicures, too, even though I am still trying to master the art of French manicures. Yes, "my own nails, even better" - I even forget that I am wearing n/p. BTW I don't miss my Estee Lauder Sweet Pea.

on 5/21/2004 3:41:00 PM

Just a gorgeous shade. It is quite sheer but for me that makes it easier to apply. It dries very quickly, goes on super-smooth and lasts and lasts....it's my new staple, LOVE it!

on 5/10/2004 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a beautiful, sheer pink, great for an inobtrusive manicure-- and it isn't the least bit streaky. My mother, a manicurist, much prefers it to just about every other sheer pink.

on 5/6/2004 8:56:00 PM

I definitely agree with the reveiwers who called this a "your nails but better" shade. It is very, very sheer, almost clear - but provides a smoothness of color and shine to natural nails that is wonderful.

on 5/2/2004 3:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've recently been turned on to Essie polishes (I've been an OPI addict exclusively for some time now). Most of them I've been really happy with, but this one really isn't my cup of tea. My own nail polish color tastes are quite eclectic, & I like everything from OPI's deep Bogota Blackberry, to Essie's Bond's Beige & Naked Truth, & everything in between depending on my mood, the occasion, & sometimes even the weather. The quality of this is very good: dries to a high gloss & is quite durable even without a top coat. But it's so sheer & has so little pigment, that it barely even makes the pinks of my nails look pinker. It's practically like putting on clear polish. If you're searching for that kind of look, then this is the one for you. But if you want more pigment, even in a neutral color, then keep looking as there are many more shades to try.

on 4/29/2004 4:26:00 PM

This is a HG for natural nails...love that it is light and sheer so minor chips aren't so tell tale.....glossy, sophisticated, 'polished' look (no pun intended)

Popular Polishes