April 17, 2014 | 913 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2004 2:08:00 PM More reviews by amichiganfan

I was looking for a subtle pink and tried Ballet Slippers. I liked the "cloudiness" of ballet slippers in the bottle, but it went on so streakily that I threw it away in frustration. Yuck. So it seemed like so many people liked Mademoiselle, so being the cosmetics lemming that I am, I tried that. A-ha! A very pretty pink that looks nice on my fair/medium skin. But it's a little more sheer than I was looking for, so although I'm going to keep using it, I'm looking for something a bit more opaque. Oh, and the streakiness that plagued Ballet Slippers isn't an issue with Mademoiselle. Good thing, too, because if Essie had made another streaky shade, I'd never try them again (I like OPI).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2004 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Mani_80

I'm not too into French Manicure. Love this sheer pink nail polish very much though. 2 -3 layers give me the best-looking and most healthy shine on my nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2004 2:01:00 PM More reviews by txchica

After looking at what appeared to be over 75 bottles of milky pink nailpolish at my local Ulta, I picked this one out. Not to pink, not too white, just perfect. Got compliments just the next day. Very nice and sophisticated look. I like to put on about 3 coats.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2004 12:28:00 AM More reviews by KarenPie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know why this is so popular, even an Instyle Pick this year. It has so little pigment that it is little better than applying a clear polish in terms of the effect you get. Shiny and feels nicely smooth, that's about all I get out of it. Hope my next Essie try packs a more pigmented punch.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2004 5:47:00 PM More reviews by j3uttrfly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This color is great! I like it because it's not too pinkish, it's a mature color.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2004 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Pronuptia

2 coats of this look okay on me, not great though, because the cool pink doesn't really complement my warm toned skin. But it's so sheer that it doesn't clash too obviously. Must be applied with care, to prevent streaks.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2004 11:37:00 PM More reviews by avalon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this thinking it was going to be the perfect light pink, sheer and natural yet decidedly pink. Well, while it looks pink in the bottle, it goes on practically clear. After two coats, I still cannot find any pink. It does give a pretty, natural look, love the quality (no chipping, no streaks) and I love the tiny bottle. If it were more pigmented I would love it. I do use it though, it's just not what I expected. I gave it a 3 because it just isn't what it seems to be!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2004 11:19:00 AM More reviews by josiewales

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this polish. It's the perfect color of pink, very subtle and clean. Not bubble gum-ish. In style says it is the perfect color pink for all skintypes and they were right.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2004 11:54:00 PM More reviews by JuliaLee67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

After hearing all the hype about Ballet Slippers being the "looks great on everyone" color, I bought it. It was entirely too chalky for my MMM skin, so I sought out another sheer pink polish and after trying several different shades of Essie's pale pink sheers (and there are a lot of pale pink sheer shades in this line), I finally found Mademoiselle. It's the perfect, almost indetectable, "non-color" shade for when I want something more than clear polish on my nails but still want a natural look. Like most of the Essie polishes, Mademoiselle goes on evenly and doesn't streak, dries very quickly, and stays on for days without a chip. Mademoiselle works well by itself or with a white tip for a French manicure look. Also, you can just slap one or two coats of this on and it will look great...it's really, really hard to screw this stuff up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2003 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Matilde_5_11_77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have repurchased already. Most natural for french nails on hands, but requires Essie french manicure ridge filler underneath or else it is too pink.