Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 9/14/2004 5:10:00 AM

This is my go-to nail color when I just want a "natural, but a little bit prettier" nail look. Sheer w/ a little pink in it, not too girly or bubblegum, very classy.

on 9/9/2004 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I pair it with Essie 'picket fences' for a more natural looking french manicure. I get a lot of compliments when I have a french manicure with that combo. Essie is by far my favourite nail products brand.

on 8/25/2004 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A great, sheer, classic pink - good for a french manicure or by itself. A total HG and a go-to classic pink/sheer shade that is timeless and elegant. I used Mlle again & again.

NICE!

on 7/23/2004 11:48:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

The perfect shade. No matter that most of LA wears it with a french or alone. My HG nail polish.

on 7/6/2004 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I agree with other reviewers in that it is "your nails but better". Almost clear with a hint of natural nail colour. Makes nails appear smooth and shiny, like they have had a good buffing. Much better than the other Essie fave, Ballet Slippers, which I find too white.

on 6/24/2004 11:53:00 AM

I recently chose this shade for a pedicure (layered over OPI Bubble Bath to give it a shade more pink) and I was not disappointed. This is a lovely milky sheer pink color. Essie has tons of neutrals that each have their own little twist.

on 6/12/2004 11:12:00 PM

Finally found my signature color after my beloved Estee Lauder Sweet Pea ran out. I have scoured all over for the best nail polishes for me, and Mademoiselle is a jewel. I personally don't like dark shades on my fingers - I rather like more natural-looking colors. Essie goes on easily although honestly, when I first tried it, the polish ran to my fingertips. I am glad I did not give up. It dries fairly quickly, last quite long, and goes with any outfit on any occasion. Great with French manicures, too, even though I am still trying to master the art of French manicures. Yes, "my own nails, even better" - I even forget that I am wearing n/p. BTW I don't miss my Estee Lauder Sweet Pea.

on 5/21/2004 3:41:00 PM

Just a gorgeous shade. It is quite sheer but for me that makes it easier to apply. It dries very quickly, goes on super-smooth and lasts and lasts....it's my new staple, LOVE it!

on 5/10/2004 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a beautiful, sheer pink, great for an inobtrusive manicure-- and it isn't the least bit streaky. My mother, a manicurist, much prefers it to just about every other sheer pink.

on 5/6/2004 8:56:00 PM

I definitely agree with the reveiwers who called this a "your nails but better" shade. It is very, very sheer, almost clear - but provides a smoothness of color and shine to natural nails that is wonderful.

Popular Polishes