Nivea A Kiss of Moisture

Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Cetyl Palmitate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Myristyl Myristate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Coco Glycerides, Pentaerithrityl Tetraisostearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), C20 40 Alkyl Stearate, Copernicia Cerifera (Camauba) Wax, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Panthenol, Beeswax, Water, Fragrance

on 9/27/2008 8:48:00 PM

I really like this! I just grabbed it off the shelf when I needed a new chapstick (haven't been able to find my favorite shea butter at Whole Foods lately) and it turns out that it's great. No weird smell, glides on really smooth, makes my lips feel very soft. It's especially great when you have chapped lips - a lot of lip balms are painful to apply and feel like you're scraping your skin off! This is so soft, it actually feels good to put on.
I would definitely buy this again!

on 9/26/2008 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This review is for the product in the light blue tube. Noting that incase there are different ingredients in the dark blue tube.

♥ Love this little blue tube of goodness:) I was drawn to the tube initially while at the check-out. I swear it was calling my name.. and not just because I'm a lip balm addict LOL Ok maybe that played a part.. but the tube is pure cuteness also:)

I was taken in also by the slogans on the tube "A Kiss of Moisture" And "Hydrating Lip Care". Need that. I also noted it was made in Germany... Where the 'good' Nivea products are reported to have been made:) It has also been compared to Labello lip care. I admit that is what ultimately made me buy this. It claims it is a light-weight, fast absorbing, long lasting moisturizing formula. Check. Check. Check. It did all of those things ♥

What I love most about this formula is 2 things. It literally glides on. You feel like you are slipping your lips into silk. Second, it doesn't just sit on your lips, it sinks in:) It doesn't list any silicones in the ingredients so I think that is what helps your lips soak up the wonderful ingredients. Silicones in lip balms prevent that from usually taking place, generally leaving you with a balm that sits on your lips rather than sinks in. This lip balm however is ideal for people who like to treat their lips and then apply lipstick etc, because it does sink in in somewhat of a short time if used lightly. Not immediately, but it is a very light-weight, non-waxy formula that would work very well with a lipstick.

One of the first few ingredients listed is Castor oil. The chemical structure of Castor oil helps it act as a humectant, drawing moisture to your lips long after you have applied it. That's where the magic comes in. It continues to moisturize long after it has been absorbed. Score another point for Nivea. Did I mention the cute blue tube? LOL I should quickly mention it is clear and flavorless also, making it ideal for anyone to use.

Stand out ingredients are Shea Butter, Jojoba oil, Grapeseed oil and Glycerin.
I just noticed also this comes in different scents! I am on officially on the hunt now. I still can't believe it was under $3. I highly recommend this and will definitely repurchase ♥

Tip: Sleep with the humidifier on, with this on your lips. You will wake up to the most soft, supple lips ♥ I discovered that last night:)

I love this lip stuff! It is cheap, has a great flavor/smell, and is nice and small. It really moisturizes your lips well. I picked this up because it was sitting near the register (impulse buy!) and I'm so glad I did. My husband likes it too!

on 9/23/2008 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this with a 50 cent off coupon at Walgreens near me cause i had to get cash back :) I really like it so far, it's light and moisturizing. the only reason i wouldn't buy it again is that I'd likely buy the one with color.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have mixed feelings about this lip balm. I like how it moistures my lips, but it's like for about 30 minutes and it's gone. I honestly don't think there is a scent to this which is great. The packaging? It's okay. I don't like the twist up tube thing but the packaging color is pretty. I also think it's weird they have an SPF 4..?

on 9/19/2008 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

this is ok. It's not smelly, greasy, anything like that...it's just a nice all around lip conditioning treatment for everyone with a little shine.

on 9/19/2008 4:37:00 PM

I love this product. As I usually do with most of Niveas products. I love the tube (basically works like a tube of lipstick). It's very nice and doesn't feel waxy like some chapsticks. It is very moisturizing in a light way too. Keeps your lips nice and moist for a good amount of time! I only wish they would make the SPF more than 4. I've never heard of a lip product with a SPF of 4, seems pretty low to me.

on 9/17/2008 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is very nice, emolllient, lipbalm. It has a nice slight vanilla smell and makes the lips soft but not too greasy or too shiny.
I heard that this is the America version of Labello lipbalm from Germany which is super. I believe Nivea either owns Labello or is involved somehow with the German company because on the tube it says made in Germany. Wish they would carry the Rose version here in US because that one rocks

on 9/5/2008 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Ok, I am not a fan of the twist up lipstick like tube. This is mainly because I seem to always break the things, but the balm is good. It does have a light light sweet taste and scent, but I can't imagine anyone being bothered by it, as it is very light. The consistancy is nice, but maybe could be just a hair thicker so I don't end up applying it over and over, but maybe that is just my addiction to having slick lips. Overall, good stuff.

The first time I spotted this balm I got one. I have really chapped lips all the time and this helped a little. It feels soothing but I have to keep putting it on. It didn't help or hurt my chapped lips, so I guess it's pretty good. I would buy it again, but I want to try tthe passionfruit one.

Popular Lip Treatments