December 21, 2014 | 878 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Moisture

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 1:16:00 PM More reviews by graciebaby28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the product in the light blue tube. Noting that incase there are different ingredients in the dark blue tube.

♥ Love this little blue tube of goodness:) I was drawn to the tube initially while at the check-out. I swear it was calling my name.. and not just because I'm a lip balm addict LOL Ok maybe that played a part.. but the tube is pure cuteness also:)

I was taken in also by the slogans on the tube "A Kiss of Moisture" And "Hydrating Lip Care". Need that. I also noted it was made in Germany... Where the 'good' Nivea products are reported to have been made:) It has also been compared to Labello lip care. I admit that is what ultimately made me buy this. It claims it is a light-weight, fast absorbing, long lasting moisturizing formula. Check. Check. Check. It did all of those things ♥

What I love most about this formula is 2 things. It literally glides on. You feel like you are slipping your lips into silk. Second, it doesn't just sit on your lips, it sinks in:) It doesn't list any silicones in the ingredients so I think that is what helps your lips soak up the wonderful ingredients. Silicones in lip balms prevent that from usually taking place, generally leaving you with a balm that sits on your lips rather than sinks in. This lip balm however is ideal for people who like to treat their lips and then apply lipstick etc, because it does sink in in somewhat of a short time if used lightly. Not immediately, but it is a very light-weight, non-waxy formula that would work very well with a lipstick.

One of the first few ingredients listed is Castor oil. The chemical structure of Castor oil helps it act as a humectant, drawing moisture to your lips long after you have applied it. That's where the magic comes in. It continues to moisturize long after it has been absorbed. Score another point for Nivea. Did I mention the cute blue tube? LOL I should quickly mention it is clear and flavorless also, making it ideal for anyone to use.

Stand out ingredients are Shea Butter, Jojoba oil, Grapeseed oil and Glycerin.
I just noticed also this comes in different scents! I am on officially on the hunt now. I still can't believe it was under $3. I highly recommend this and will definitely repurchase ♥

Tip: Sleep with the humidifier on, with this on your lips. You will wake up to the most soft, supple lips ♥ I discovered that last night:)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 2:14:00 PM More reviews by lindsaykate527

I love this lip stuff! It is cheap, has a great flavor/smell, and is nice and small. It really moisturizes your lips well. I picked this up because it was sitting near the register (impulse buy!) and I'm so glad I did. My husband likes it too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by tootswoots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this with a 50 cent off coupon at Walgreens near me cause i had to get cash back :) I really like it so far, it's light and moisturizing. the only reason i wouldn't buy it again is that I'd likely buy the one with color.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2008 9:58:00 PM More reviews by ilystephaniiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this lip balm. I like how it moistures my lips, but it's like for about 30 minutes and it's gone. I honestly don't think there is a scent to this which is great. The packaging? It's okay. I don't like the twist up tube thing but the packaging color is pretty. I also think it's weird they have an SPF 4..?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 10:28:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this is ok. It's not smelly, greasy, anything like that...it's just a nice all around lip conditioning treatment for everyone with a little shine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

I love this product. As I usually do with most of Niveas products. I love the tube (basically works like a tube of lipstick). It's very nice and doesn't feel waxy like some chapsticks. It is very moisturizing in a light way too. Keeps your lips nice and moist for a good amount of time! I only wish they would make the SPF more than 4. I've never heard of a lip product with a SPF of 4, seems pretty low to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 1:49:00 PM More reviews by pezbot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is very nice, emolllient, lipbalm. It has a nice slight vanilla smell and makes the lips soft but not too greasy or too shiny.
I heard that this is the America version of Labello lipbalm from Germany which is super. I believe Nivea either owns Labello or is involved somehow with the German company because on the tube it says made in Germany. Wish they would carry the Rose version here in US because that one rocks

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by djgirl1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok, I am not a fan of the twist up lipstick like tube. This is mainly because I seem to always break the things, but the balm is good. It does have a light light sweet taste and scent, but I can't imagine anyone being bothered by it, as it is very light. The consistancy is nice, but maybe could be just a hair thicker so I don't end up applying it over and over, but maybe that is just my addiction to having slick lips. Overall, good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by ilovemakeupandsoshouldyou

The first time I spotted this balm I got one. I have really chapped lips all the time and this helped a little. It feels soothing but I have to keep putting it on. It didn't help or hurt my chapped lips, so I guess it's pretty good. I would buy it again, but I want to try tthe passionfruit one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2008 11:30:00 AM More reviews by rory13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My new HG lip balm! I adore this stuff. I recently had a terrible case of chapped lips, and I tried almost every lip balm I could find at CVS. This one was the clear winner. It's soft without being sticky, and I felt instant relief the second I put it on. My lips are as good as new and I went back to buy more for my beauty stash.

The tube is the signature Nivea blue. It is the size of a small lipstick, and twists up easily. The balm has a slight vanilla scent but no discernible taste. It also works well under lipstick.

The only thing it does not have is SPF. I will continue to use my Neutrogena balm in the sun.