January 27, 2015 | 1921 users online

Mascara - Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Zarahshortlash

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My Korean lashes are short, angeled downwards and with no curl whatsoever. Until I tried Diorshow Iconic Mascara!!!! The BEST EVER! It lengthens them at least double the length and separates them nicely. I was stunned to find that my lashes actually didn't come far away from the ad with Monica Belluci. Lovely.
This mascara is so much better than all the others I've used: Helena Rubinstein Glorious - yes, volume, but not the length I was after; Chanel's Inimitable Multi Dimensional both regular and water-proof - length OK, no clumps, but did dry out pretty quickly, and wasn't that water-proof as it claimed to be; L'Oreal Telescopic did lengthen well, but the bristels didn't separate well enough and clumped my lashes together in bundles; Lancome Virtuose did the curl, but had a very gluey feeling.
Diorshow Iconic gives my lashes volume - without it looking chunky - and curves them to great lengths. It doesn't run (guess the tecnique is that 38 degrees-wash off) but stays on the whole day as if I just put it on.
There could, however, be one minus and that's the brush. I love the spiral-bristels and that it's fat enough to blacken the lash-roots giving me an eye-liner-look without using eye-liner, but it CAN be too fat to be smugde-free when you try to reach the corners.
But that concern is not big enough to make me doubt whether or not I will buy this mascara again. Because I surely will!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by kangisaga

clumps
super nice curls without even an eyelash curler
makes eyelashes hard but i guess that's the trick in keeping them curled all day long
does smudge after 3 hours

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by charissez

i absolutely hate this. i really really wanted to like it, but no joy.
i have always prefered mascara with plastic bristle brushes, i find that they work better for me. when i realized that this was the case with iconic, i really wanted to try it. my problem with it is that the mascara comes up in clumps on the brush itself, so when i try to apply it the clumps get transferred onto my lashes and makes it look really goopy and thick. i tried using a lash brush and everything but it is just too much of a hassle. definitely wont buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 1:18:00 AM More reviews by camalveau

I love this mascara. I was a big fan of the o.g. "Show" and didn't expect to like this more, but, I do. I only tried this because I am a curious make-up junkie (plan on trying that Givenchy with the funny ball next). Anyway,I don't believe there is another mascara on the planet, that curls and stays curled like this one. I take my old dryed out o.g. "Show" brush and dry comb my lashes, this fans them out,then a couple of coats of the "Iconic" and the results are really pretty. It doesn't smudge either, which we all know is really important.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by ahrako

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been a fan of diorshow unlimited for quite a while. I have short, straight asian lashes that almost point downwards so i need it all in a mascara - length, volume, curling power, which diorshow adequately provided. I love diorshow, except that sometimes it gets clumpy and flakes off. I bought the iconic because the plastic bristles intrigued me, and i have to say i'm pleasantly surprised by the results. The curling power is second to none - my lashes stayed curled from the moment i put it on to when i removed my makeup at night (so 7am to approximately 10pm) and there is absolutely no flaking and your lashes look lengthened and natural and clean. the only thing is that it doesn't volumize as well as the diorshow does, but it makes up for it in its curling and lengthening power. It doesn't flake and clump like the diorshow does either.

All in all, i'm really satisfied with this. the only reason i didn't give it a 4 is because of its price ($27 at sephora - but then again i guess you get what you pay for)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2008 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Spacemonkeylover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING.

I love this mascara as it excells in every aspect. You get long, long, curved lashes, the sttaying power is great, doesnt irritate or smudge. WOW.

The only thing is the price. I payed almost 35 $ for it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by miranets

I have straight short Asian lashes, that point downwards (and thus loses curl almost instantly). This is probably the best mascara I've tried, because it is the only one I have kept! The comb is excellent as I prefer this style rather than bristles, no matter what size or how well designed. I initially used this without a primer, and the effect was average, lost the curl somewhat several hours later, smudged slightly under the eyes. This does clump slightly for me if I'm heavy handed

Now I tried it with Shisiedo the makeup original mascara base, curl, base and Iconic -- the curl stays for 12+ hours (until I wash off) and there is no smudging or melting. Again it can clump as I am heavy handed and less nimble using my right hand to apply to my left eye.

I also use Too Faces shadow insurance primer on the lids but for the times I didn't I never had smudging issues, it is a safeguard for more testing climates and environments.

As for its effects, this adds moderate length and above average separation. It is not a drama mascara, although I do not want that effect ever... Now that one's technique is perfected, I do not know if I want to try and test other brands.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2008 10:11:00 AM More reviews by ramen91

Hmm, well to start things off, i'll say i have moderately long lashes. and they have slight curl.

and iconic mascara is good. but it's not those mascara that you would want to buy if you like you thick dramatic va voom lashes. it gives length, volume, definition and its clump free. but just not enough. you got what i mean?

good for a day wear mascara. for night wear, i probably have to pile on the layers.

overall, i wont repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2008 10:08:00 AM More reviews by pinkydinkydo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought Diorshow Black was my HG, but the Dior SA tried Iconic on me and it looks fabulous, wears well, CURLS my long lashes too, and makes them look really thick and curly. Haven't had any problems with it smearing or migrating anywhere where it's not supposed to be. And where my eyes seemed to react just with just a tad of irritation sometimes to the Diorshow Black, no reaction with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2008 6:44:00 AM More reviews by mzsassy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well, I thought DiorShow was my "go to" mascara for a long time. However, I recently purchased the Dior Iconic mascara during a Dillard's promotional event. I must say that I am pleasantly surpised. I like wispy, feathery lashes for the day, and Iconic delivers them. My lashes are clump free. I use two coats of mascara -- one on each side of the lashes. I have not experienced any smudging or flaking like I experience with other mascaras. I have also not experienced any eye irritation and I have a somewhat sensitive eye area. Although this mascara is pricey, I spend as much money buying multiple inferior products in the drugstore that irritate my eyes and deliver unsatisfactory results. As a result, I will definitely purchase Dior Iconic again -- along with its sister DiorShow.