November 26, 2014 | 965 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 1:18:00 AM More reviews by camalveau

I love this mascara. I was a big fan of the o.g. "Show" and didn't expect to like this more, but, I do. I only tried this because I am a curious make-up junkie (plan on trying that Givenchy with the funny ball next). Anyway,I don't believe there is another mascara on the planet, that curls and stays curled like this one. I take my old dryed out o.g. "Show" brush and dry comb my lashes, this fans them out,then a couple of coats of the "Iconic" and the results are really pretty. It doesn't smudge either, which we all know is really important.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by ahrako

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been a fan of diorshow unlimited for quite a while. I have short, straight asian lashes that almost point downwards so i need it all in a mascara - length, volume, curling power, which diorshow adequately provided. I love diorshow, except that sometimes it gets clumpy and flakes off. I bought the iconic because the plastic bristles intrigued me, and i have to say i'm pleasantly surprised by the results. The curling power is second to none - my lashes stayed curled from the moment i put it on to when i removed my makeup at night (so 7am to approximately 10pm) and there is absolutely no flaking and your lashes look lengthened and natural and clean. the only thing is that it doesn't volumize as well as the diorshow does, but it makes up for it in its curling and lengthening power. It doesn't flake and clump like the diorshow does either.

All in all, i'm really satisfied with this. the only reason i didn't give it a 4 is because of its price ($27 at sephora - but then again i guess you get what you pay for)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2008 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Spacemonkeylover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING.

I love this mascara as it excells in every aspect. You get long, long, curved lashes, the sttaying power is great, doesnt irritate or smudge. WOW.

The only thing is the price. I payed almost 35 $ for it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by miranets

I have straight short Asian lashes, that point downwards (and thus loses curl almost instantly). This is probably the best mascara I've tried, because it is the only one I have kept! The comb is excellent as I prefer this style rather than bristles, no matter what size or how well designed. I initially used this without a primer, and the effect was average, lost the curl somewhat several hours later, smudged slightly under the eyes. This does clump slightly for me if I'm heavy handed

Now I tried it with Shisiedo the makeup original mascara base, curl, base and Iconic -- the curl stays for 12+ hours (until I wash off) and there is no smudging or melting. Again it can clump as I am heavy handed and less nimble using my right hand to apply to my left eye.

I also use Too Faces shadow insurance primer on the lids but for the times I didn't I never had smudging issues, it is a safeguard for more testing climates and environments.

As for its effects, this adds moderate length and above average separation. It is not a drama mascara, although I do not want that effect ever... Now that one's technique is perfected, I do not know if I want to try and test other brands.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2008 10:11:00 AM More reviews by ramen91

Hmm, well to start things off, i'll say i have moderately long lashes. and they have slight curl.

and iconic mascara is good. but it's not those mascara that you would want to buy if you like you thick dramatic va voom lashes. it gives length, volume, definition and its clump free. but just not enough. you got what i mean?

good for a day wear mascara. for night wear, i probably have to pile on the layers.

overall, i wont repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2008 10:08:00 AM More reviews by pinkydinkydo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought Diorshow Black was my HG, but the Dior SA tried Iconic on me and it looks fabulous, wears well, CURLS my long lashes too, and makes them look really thick and curly. Haven't had any problems with it smearing or migrating anywhere where it's not supposed to be. And where my eyes seemed to react just with just a tad of irritation sometimes to the Diorshow Black, no reaction with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2008 6:44:00 AM More reviews by mzsassy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well, I thought DiorShow was my "go to" mascara for a long time. However, I recently purchased the Dior Iconic mascara during a Dillard's promotional event. I must say that I am pleasantly surpised. I like wispy, feathery lashes for the day, and Iconic delivers them. My lashes are clump free. I use two coats of mascara -- one on each side of the lashes. I have not experienced any smudging or flaking like I experience with other mascaras. I have also not experienced any eye irritation and I have a somewhat sensitive eye area. Although this mascara is pricey, I spend as much money buying multiple inferior products in the drugstore that irritate my eyes and deliver unsatisfactory results. As a result, I will definitely purchase Dior Iconic again -- along with its sister DiorShow.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2008 5:44:00 AM More reviews by InTheFade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The original Diorshow is pretty much my HG mascara so I was so excited when this came out. The problem is that this just doesn't work for me. It doesn't do anything amazing with my lashes (unlike the old diorshow), and it smudges really quickly.

I can't wear this to work because I constantly have to touch it up under my eyes or risk looking like a panda.

I'd rather just use the max factor masterpiece or whatever. Much cheaper, same brush, same effect on my lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2008 2:27:00 AM More reviews by ThreeRabbits

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smuge under my eyes in about 1/2 hour. Going back to Kiss Me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 12:49:00 AM More reviews by lelaelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My absolute FAVORITE of the whole lot. My veryvery favorite mascara now. The brush is the same as Chanel's exceptionnel and the formula is the same thickness as the original diorshow. Combine the two and you get one of my patented LASHGASMS!! There's nothing quite like mascara and lash stuff to make my heart pitter patter and I must say.....lifechanger. I don't think I would change a thing about this mascara, lengthens to false proportions.