Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

4.7

on 5/2/2009 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

A makeup brush with 98% of reviewers (as currently shown on my computer) willing to repurchase -- who wouldn't be tempted to try such a product? I saw this brush at Target and felt a strong urge to buy it because it was the LAST ONE in the whole store, left in some random place near the Maybelline shelves. I decided to use this for applying my liquid foundation to achieve a full-coverage look. I was initially a little surprised to find that when looking at this brush directly from the top, it is round. For some reason, the picture on the Target website had made me assume that it would be flat, like a foundation brush. I guess this shape combined with bristles of the same length make this a good stippling brush. When I got home, I poured a bit of foundation on my hand and I lightly dabbed this brush into it. Then I stippled and swirled the foundation onto my face. I got a very sheer look, but I think I can probably layer the foundation to get heavier coverage. It does seems like a bit of a hassle though. I would rather use my fingers or a sponge for a quicker application, without using a brush. Still, this brush is a good investment to make for special occasions and days when I have more time to apply makeup. Using a brush definitely allows you to cover more with less product. So if you have an expensive foundation that you don't want to waste, use this brush instead of a cheap sponge, which can soak up too much product. I have yet to try this with blush, but I will do it soon! EDIT: I now give this FIVE lippies! I found that I can apply my makeup faster and get the heavy coverage that I like by dabbing my face first with foundation before I blend everything in. The foundation looks so even and hides all my flaws. I rarely stipple with this because the coverage is too sheer and too time consuming.

on 4/24/2009 3:19:00 PM

LOVE this brush. I only use it for applying liquid foundation though. It's so soft, and gets those hard to reach areas. Gives me a natural airbrushed finish.
I like how it came in a hard protective case for traveling too!

on 4/20/2009 12:05:00 AM

LOVEEE this brush. Its so soft, dense, and pretty. Its perfect for applying my Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush. I would totally buy this again 100 times over.

on 4/18/2009 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this brush! I use it for application of my BE foundation. Comparable to Philosophy's Supernatural Brush. Love this friggin brush!

on 4/18/2009 8:10:00 PM

I was looking for the buffer brush that i saw that sonia k. had that it is not even in stock in the targets that are in my city but when i found this one i thought i might give it a try, after all i only own soniak.'s brushes because i think they are SOOO good if not even the same as the MAC brushes, i have to say I LOVE IT. it reminds me a little bit of MAC 188 ; and i believe is even way better than the 187 because it helps you go trough every place of your face which with the 187 sometimes you cant reach; i use this with my liquid foundation and i have to say I LOVE IT,- i had seen this one before, but at first i thought it was expensive and i was looking for the buffer bigger brush, but when some of the soniak. brushes were at sale i was like ok let's give it a try and IM LOVING IT.!!! sonia k is a genius is all i have to say :)

on 4/17/2009 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ah, the only downside to MUA- I did not need this! I bought it simply because I was heading to Target and saw that this brush got great reviews :-) With that said, I picked it up for $15 to use with blush (eventhough I'm content with my Ecotools bamboo blush brush). I think this brush is good for blushes that aren't that pigmented because the blush doesn't get 'lost' in the bristles. I really like the way this looks and I like the hard packaging (I keep it in it). However, I'm not sure what technique works best with this, it feels weird when you try to blend blush like you would with a normal blush brush in my opinion so I kind of stipple it on and then blend but it still feels a little weird to me. I also used this with a darker blush and ended up putting way too much on.

I need to practice a bit with this but for me, it's not a must have so far. However, I don't regret my purchase and I will definitely use this for certain blushes that don't show up as well using my Ecotools brush!

on 4/15/2009 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Got this on a whim a few days back and I am glad I did! This is a fantastic little brush for about 15 USD. The bristles are incredibly soft and dense...perfect for applying blushers or mineral foundations. I have experience no hair fallout which is a big plus. This is a fantastic brush for the price. It even LOOKS expensive! I will definitely need to buy another one so I can have one brush specifically for foundation and one for blushers.

on 4/15/2009 11:09:00 AM

Would buy again and again! I love this brush- it works for so many different purposes. I use it for applying my liquid foundation, bronzer, blush, powder, even for blending my concealer! It is all around a must have brush! I am going back to target to get a few more so I can use for different products. I can't say enough good things about it!!! It's inexpensive, sturdy, beautiful! Run, don't walk to Target!!!

on 4/10/2009 4:08:00 PM

This brush is a steal!

on 4/9/2009 2:50:00 AM

What can I say that has not already been said...this brush is nothing short of AMAZING. A MUST buy. A+++.

Popular Makeup Brushes