November 22, 2014 | 1818 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by leleigh

This brush is a steal!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 2:50:00 AM More reviews by elles7781

What can I say that has not already been said...this brush is nothing short of AMAZING. A MUST buy. A+++.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by glitternglitzy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think I may have died and gone to heaven. The Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Blusher Brush makes is as perfect as a brush can get.

It's got a super sexy feel to it. The shape is curvy and fits so nicely in the hand, the bristles are baby bunny soft and feel so luxurious on the face.

The application of any blush (powder or cream), foundation (liquid, cream or mineral) or setting powder is movie-star perfect with this amazing tool.

I fell in love at first sight with this brush at Target on the display. Normally, I check the reviews out first on MUA and despite having my cell phone with built in internet in my pocket, I didn't give it a second thought. That's how quickly I knew I must have this brush! I was actually petting it on the display case and thought "I MUST HAVE THIS RIGHT NOW!"

Despite it's softness it is still perfectly structured enough to stay stiff and give the perfect flat application. Bristles are very dense and feel like hair almost.

The size is perfect for what I consider to be my smaller cheeks for application of powders, blush or even foundation. I have used it for all of the above and it works equally well for all applications.

I get a very dense and perfect application when I put on my blush. The shape, size and flatness of the top applies color only to where you really want it. Some of my other blush brushes (like the MAC 129) apply blush to areas I don't want, like under my nose as the bristles are a bit long and go all over the place. Not this one. I get it right where I want the blush, on the apples of my cheeks. Sometimes I feel my blush gets a bit streaky when I use a larger brushes but since this applies so evenly, my blush stays really true all day.

The size of this is quite a bit smaller than the MAC 129 blush brush so it also works well for sculpting/shading the face as well.

The only gripe I can think of is that when I wash it takes FOREVER to dry if I use a more moisturizing/non-oil free foundation with this brush. Somehow the oil stays on the bristles. Most all my other brushes dry within a couple hours. I left this one lying flat over the edge of my shelf and after 12 hours it was still wet (after having washed it using the MAC brush cleanser.) I have no idea why this is except for that whatever these bristles are made out of they don't dry easily. As long as you don't need to dry it right away after using your non-oil free foundation you won't need to worry.

I'm already considering going to buy another one and earmarking the end with fingernail polish (in a pretty way) so I know what brush goes with what. Like one for foundation and one for blush.

My local Target was out of this brush after I bought the last one so I may have to order online. I do know I'm going to find another one ASAP.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the pretty factor of this brush also comes from the fact that not only is it art-nouveauish in it's curvy shape, the color is a deep mysterious dark as night granite gray with a metal top part that holds the bristles together that glistens and glows with the Sonia Kashuk signature on it.

The only thing that could have made this brush any better for me is if it came in different colors. I'm very visual and I get a bit tired of black brushes with black bristles, but for a black brush, this one is super sexy and works miracles.

The value is incredible. For only $14.99 you can own quite possibly the best brush ever made. How great is that?

LOVE THIS BRUSH! TOTAL HG BRUSH OF ALL TIME! Go buy it right this instant.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by soi56starz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

OMG HG!!!! It buffs like a DREAM. Leaves a natural, airbrushed look behind. Better than MAC brushes! Sooo soft- i was petting it LMAO

I've used it with foundation and TM, and it distributes product so well that I barely need concealer (just for really dark spots!)!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

Fabulous brush for stippling/buffing on foundation. It even beats my MAC 187 which I've used for over a year. With this SK gem, I use more of a pouncing at first and then buff, buff, buff. It may take a few seconds longer since the brush head is smaller than the 187 but when you're done, it's perfection. It's especially great for around the nostrils and around the eyes. ♥ it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by fayeonaise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

How is is that a brush can me me skip concealer? And boy do I have scars. I don't use a full coverage foundation...I float between a TM and a med coverage one these days. After one day of playing around I have come to adore this brush! Shall I dare say it gives me a better finished look than my dear skunk? Yup! It blends like a dream, fits into all the raised and not so raised areas and corners of your face. Blends nicely under the eyes and requires only a smidge of product. The fact I don't have to follow with concealer makes this cheapie but good wonderful! I've had great experiences with the SK brushes that I own..so I am not surprised I love this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by myluckypenny

Super-noob-me was suckered into buying because of its aesthetic... I mean, JUST LOOKING AT IT made me feel like I knew what I was doing...

I am really glad to have stumbled upon it, because it does a great job of coverage. Its definitely cheaper than a MAC brush, but the Sonia Kashuk line LOOKS more expensive with its curvilinear/ergonomic handle. I want to get the entire line up so I could just look at them! The only thing that sucks is the fact that they did too good of a job securing the brush in its container, because the handle scratches slightly if you pull it out. Its nothing too noticeable, but I'm a stickler for details.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 3:53:00 PM More reviews by joopah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am seriously impressed with this brush. And I'm a brush ho. I saw the new line at Target.com and saw how dense the bristles, I was hooked. I currently use this with all my liquid foundations. I love my Armani blending brush but make no mistake, this brush is giving my beloved Armani a run for its money. And considering the price, this is a steal. Please, please get it !! RUN (don't walk) to Target

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Laurice928

when i first saw this brush at target i knew it would be perfect for my foundation! i had eye balled it for a number of months before getting it because i thought maybe it was expensive for a drugstore type brand. alot of times it also wasnt in stock. finally i caved in when i saw that they had some in stock and i snatched it up! it was worth every penny! i love that its synthetic, so its perfect for cream and liquids and its SUPER dense! i can easily blend my foundation with this brush. some people may not like the handle but i think its great. it doesnt feel cheap and is comfortable to hold. this is my HG foundation brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Simplesimon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this brush. I use it for my mineral foundation, I'm currently using Silk Naturals, and I can't get over the flawless look I get with it. I've spent hundreds of $$ on brushes over the years, and this is one of the best bargains going. Run to Target and get this brush.