Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

4.8

Nylon 60% Polyester 40%

on 3/25/2011 6:17:00 PM

I've been using this for about 3-4 years now.. they are THE best ever. This is something I'll never be without. I love everything about it! I only use it once a week, cause my skin is super soft even without using it.. but when I do use it.. my skin is something to be constantly touched. LOVE IT :)

on 3/25/2011 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Thank you, MUA! But for "MUA Top Picks," I never would have known about this product. And I love it. It's the simplest way to exfoliate your body. My skin feels so much better when I exfoliate, but I get lazy about it. This makes it so easy that I can't get lazy about it. And it's not too harsh. I live alone, so it's hard to always reach your back, but the length of this makes it so easy. I use it all over and have even used it, gently, on my face on occasion. HIGHLY recommended. Am getting some for friends and family now. Thanks again, MUA!

May 23, 2011 update: I was using my Salux (as usual) in the shower this morning, and I just wanted to share something I've learned from my daily use. For background, FYI, I prefer bar soaps with my Salux. There's something about lathering up my Salux towel with a nice bar of soap that is rewarding for some reason and that also makes lots of bubbles for a great shower experience. The latest soap I am loving with it is L'Occitane's Milk Soap (which is wonderful). I got the large L'Occitane soap, and today after I soaped up and scrubbed nicely with my Salux, I had this idea that I wanted to share.

My new tip = I wrapped the Salux towel around the big soap, and then I massaged my skin with the bar of soap encased in the Salux. It worked REALLY well. It generated lather as I scrubbed and just added another dimension to my shower experience. I felt cleaner than clean and really refreshed, so I just want to share that if you haven't tried wrapping your Salux around a bar of soap, I recommend it. I felt really nicely exfoliated (even better than usual) when I added this to my shower routine.

on 3/25/2011 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I cannot live without this! I hate those.. soft loofahs. It does nothing compared to this! It really makes my skin smoother and gives your body a nice all around scrub that feels amazing in the hot shower. When I add my shower soap to it, and rub it, it foams up a lot! It's dirt cheap and so easy to use. I get to my back very easily. I do not feel clean without using this, nothing compares!

on 3/25/2011 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

It leaves my skin so smooth and reduces scar masks all over my body. I have extremely sensitive skin but it doesn’t irritate my skin at all. Recommended!!

on 3/19/2011 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

If I could give this more stars I would. It's dirt cheap and is the one product on here that lives up to the rave reviews regardless of your skin type unless you have some seriously sensitive skin. I almost spent some big bucks on a Clarisonic body brush for my daughters until I came across the reviews on MUA and remembered how awesome these were. My grandmother used to bring these back from Hawaii when I was a kid. Any ladies out there spending big bucks on spa salt scrubs, for less than $5 with shipping or a trip to your local Asian market, you can buy one of these and get better results in your own shower every day. Best wash cloth/exfoliate ever. Do be aware of what your buying though and purchase the original Salux as there are dupes out there not as good from China or Korea. Many previous posters have noted what to look for on Ebay and such and I thank them.

on 3/19/2011 7:37:00 PM

I have these too. There is a really sweet gal in California who sells these online and I got them shipped up to B.C. in days for next to nothing. We have a significant asian culture in b.c. and I figured I could find these in some mom and pop store but it was easier to order them on line.

I've actually had a cloth exactly like this which I got at Winner's - I can't remember the brand but when I felt the texure I knew it was exactly what I wanted - I hate mamby-pamby exfoliation - I want a scrub that I can feel and that stimulates circulation.

That other cloth was great but eventually it had to go and I've not found a replacement until now! I bought 5 in different colours and gave 3 away. My favorite part is being able to scrub my back! Feels so good with the Salux! I was thinking of cutting one down for an upcoming trip to Egypt, but on second thought...I want it long enough to do my back there too!

Yummy experience using the Salux! Love them!
UPDATE: I've had a couple of people write me asking who I ordered these them from. Go see Joie at The Salux Shop www.saluxshop.com - Enjoy!

on 3/17/2011 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought these based on MUA reviews. My back never felt really scrubbed when I used a scrub brush - just couldn't reach all the spots with enough force for good exfoliation. This towel is long enough to grasp behind your back and enables you to get all the back area scrubbed completely. I noticed a real difference in how my back looked after using it only a few times - my skin is much more clear and less itchy. These are great for all over too - nice exfoliation without making your skin feel raw. I use a second one to apply lotion or body oil across my back too. The added advantage when bathing with it is it takes only a few drops of shower gel to foam up so you save on product too. I've given bunches of these to friends as gifts and everyone loves them.

on 3/17/2011 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this wash cloth! I don't know why it took me so long to try it. It makes my body and face so smooth. I will never use anything else.

on 3/16/2011 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Everyone needs to get their hands on one of these. In c parison to an ordinary loofah, this scrub actually scrubs deep into the ski. Wereas a loofah just gently scrubs and doesnt feel refreshing at all and this scrub soaps up with very little amunt of bodywash or soap!

on 3/16/2011 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this! I was intrigued when I saw a review on a beauty blog that said the product won an "invention of the year" award in Japan... and let's be honest, Japan has awesome inventions all the time. So for something so simple to win an award like that--I was hooked. And for good reason! My skin is smooth and wonderful. I buy mine at the Asian market.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools