December 18, 2014 | 844 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Where has this been all my life?! I found out about these on MUA (they are the #1 MUA top pick!) and got mine from http://saluxcloth.com thanks to a previous review on here that listed the site. They had super fast free shipping, so I'd highly recommend them too. As for the towel itself - Angels will weep for the softness of your skin. Baby's butts will have nothing on you. This thing is no joke. After I used it for the first time I felt like I hadn't been properly clean until then. I was pink and glowing all over from the scrubbing, it was great! This type of exfoliation helps with removing dead rough skin (duh), improves circulation, can prevent ingrown hairs, helps moisturizers absorb better, and can help in reducing the appearance of cellulite. I'm not sure if the color makes a difference, but I got white and it's the perfect amount of scrubby. I know it's a Japanese thing, but I feel like these would be used in a Russian spa, where it's a little bit scary and painful, but you end up with amazing results. Go try one, they're so cheap there's no reason not to!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by innapark

I have been using this exclusively since I was 17 years old. I am now 43 years old and massage therapists uniformly tell me that i have the skin of a newborn baby. Even my 7 year old girl with eczema is envious of my skin. I've probably saved a few hundred dollars over the years on soap because I only use about 1/4 the usual amount. I can shake out the towel until it's nearly dry which is great when I travel. A good rinse after use, a quick vigorous shake and it hangs to dry in a few hours max. I never had to put one in the laundry. Never had mold or funky smells. After about 6-12 months of regular use it gets a little brittle and tears. Totally worth it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Snowflake3981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I came across these by looking at the MUA Top Picks. I read all the wonderful reviews and went right to the Salux website and bought four of them!

I just LOVE these!!! I bunch it up to wash most of my body and this thing foams like crazy! I swear I only need half the soap as I did before. To do my back I just unravel it and rub side-to-side. Washing my back was such a pain before, and now I can give it a really good scrub with little effort.

These are an awesome deal, work amazing, and although they may seem a bit odd, they work wonders!! These are totally awesome gifts!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by hapagyrl

able to get my back washed, so its better than a lufa

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by mmarrs

My sister gave me this as a gift. These are very good quality and last for a really long time. I use mine for ex foliating my cellulite problem spots on the back of my thighs and to help circulation. Dont be afraid to purchase

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 5:07:00 AM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I generally use a Moroccan kessa glove for exfoliation, which, like the Salux towel, is made of nylon. They're expensive and hard to find though. So I was extremely happy when I discovered this towel on MUA as it's cheap, easy to find and works just as well. It's an extremely effective yet gentle exfoliator - my skin has never felt so soft. And the skin on my legs is no longer intensely itchy and covered in red irritation bumps, which is what I used to get as a result of using a plain 'ol loofah sponge. These towels are extremely long lasting as well, and their size makes it easy to exfoliate every inch of your body.

If you want skin like butter, I recommend using the Salux towel with savon noir (black soap). The soap is extrememly moisturising and deep-cleansing and completely natural as well.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 3:56:00 AM More reviews by sserena

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towels for 22 years. A friend from Hawaii gave me one, and I think that they are fantastic for daily use. My skin is softer and I use less shower gel to get the job done because it lathers up with a very small amount. I have introduced many friends to it as well and never found anyone who didn't love it. It gives a gentle exfoliation. I have very sensitive skin but have no problem with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by spearmintcookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this! I got it after reading the reviews on MUA, and am so pleased I did. I've been using it for a few months, and love how well it exfoliates. I used it all through the cold dry northeast winter with a moisturizing body wash (something by Dove, I can't recall the specific name) and never needed to apply lotion--which is saying something, since the past few winters I've had to invest in heavy-duty body butters just to keep myself from getting scaly, cracked skin. I also love how you don't need very much body wash on it, and how it's much more efficient and effective than a loofah. It also dries faster. And it's so easy to get my back now! Cannot recommend highly enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by mojorisin

I saw the reviews for this, had to see what was getting all these consistent 5 stars...ordered 2 off ebay just to see, it couldn't be that different than a puffie right??? oooooo it's really good, the last time my skin felt this soft was when I had this spa salt treatment shower thing .....it is a long rectangular nylon-poly cloth and I like to bunch mine up like a puffie..and when I'm done using it just rinse and squeeze out and thro over the shower door....so lightweight it dries almost right away (it doesn't drip)..the site I got it from says there is no diff in colors and the texture of it so I got a pink for me and blue for him, and they are the same material..just really does suds up so much and my legs were really dry being winter and all....just got all that off!! I just ordered 5 more....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by lauralovebug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you have never tried a Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel go to your nearest Asian store and pick one up immediately. It has completely enhanced my life. It is the greatest invention of all time. It will stimulate you in the shower and increase circulation, exfoliate your skin leaving it baby soft, lather your soap like none other, it is long enough that you can do your back, and it's fast drying and it doesn't need to be washed. At 3 dollars you cannot beat it. I would pay 50. I will never use a washcloth or poof EVER again. This thing is the ultimate. It is perfection if I have ever seen it.